PDA

View Full Version : What's the most idiotic thing you've ever done in PSO?

Redoxe
Feb 28, 2012, 10:04 AM
I'll start off with my story about how things go bad when you're sleepy. I had spent most of the day getting through Ruins on hard at level 26 and it was getting kind of late. I didn't want to quit playing because I was so close to getting to the boss so I decided to continue.

I then proceed to waste Scape Doll after Scape Doll until all 8 I had gathered were gone. I don't know why I didn't just save & exit when I noticed that my poor level 26 HUcaseal got OHKO from pretty much anything.

I know that Scape Dolls are easy to find but I still feel bad thinking about it.

So what is your story? Anything stupid or crazy you've done just to instantly regret it afterwards?

Edit:

I remembered another story that is even more stupid. A long time ago when I first started playing this game me and my brother would play it together. We made it out of forest and sometime later he decided to play alone, the thing is that my brother is awful at videogames although I did not know this at the time (as his biggest fan I thought he was amazing). He got to the boss in Caves and died horribly, mostly because he never used any monomates and was terrible at aiming but I thought he died because the boss was insanely difficult.

I then never really had the guts to fight him so I simply cleared forest and caves a lot of times. It wasn't until I had found 3 Scape Dolls and achieved a level of 20-something that I actually tried to kill him. I did so in about a minute without spending a single Scape Doll.

GCoffee
Feb 28, 2012, 10:39 AM
The story about your brother is insanely cute lol.

Dumbest thing I ever did on PSO? Playing the shit out of online mode when we still had ISDN. My parents dropped dead when the bill arrived...

MAD1b
Feb 29, 2012, 11:04 AM
The story about your brother reminds me of a story about my friend when we started playing. He was afraid to fight Falz, so whenever he played, he set up my character and his on split screen mode so he could do hard, and then even very hard by himself without having to fight Falz. When he got to about 47, he decided to try that big evil last boss. He gets it over with, with absolutely no problem at all (obviously), looks over at me, and just says, "That was easy..." I think more was said but this was a long time ago. I just remember the look on his face being hilarious.

Another good one (same friend) was when we started new characters (I think after our first memory card corruption), and we were joking about how easy the dragon was, then instantly the dragon resurfaced under my friend and killed him in one hit.

When you look back, PSO is the cause of so many good laughs.

I could name a million, but those two about my childhood are probably my favorites. If I get bored later today and/or think of another good one, I'll share.

NegaTsukasa
Feb 29, 2012, 11:27 PM
scenario 1: Fomar lv. 111 > Ult mode > Da Ra Lie > no scape dolls > did not Ryuker before boss > barely any TP recovery left.
barely made it out alive.

scenario 2: Idiotic but bad ass and brave. had the genius to do multilayer by myself and control two characters at the same time while fighting Olga Flow on Ultimate. I eventually won. but it was exhausting and will never do it again.

MAD1b
Feb 29, 2012, 11:53 PM
^ Where is this person's trophy? Your Driver's license/ID needs to have "Certified badass" written on it.

(No I'm not being sarcastic. Those are both pretty intense sounding)

Jason
Mar 1, 2012, 04:37 AM
Having fed my HUmar with a bit too many Mind mats. His MST got maxed in the 150's.

Slidikins
Mar 1, 2012, 07:44 AM
Don't even get me started on MAGs. I'd say the dumbest thing I did, when I was 12-13 and PSO first came out, was join a "clan" called the Sainans or something. I think they were aiming for Saiyans. Eventually this clan of "badasses" decided that Game Sharking everything was the way to awesomeness. I eventually had to buy a Game Shark just to protect myself from their own hacks when they wanted to PK someone else.

Knowing all this about cheating, I still took my legit Agito into a real game, in Forest 1, and got PK'd for it.

Von Jugel
Mar 1, 2012, 12:30 PM
My very first MAG had about 80 PWR on it.

This was for a FOnewearl.

I did the same thing w/ my first character back in the Dreamcast days, lol.

Kaziel
Mar 1, 2012, 01:15 PM
Feeding my perfect MAG the wrong material, causing it to have 1 MST, bugged the hell out of me. (as a CAST)

Probably more unique, dropping trails of money in lobbies (money trains!) and dropping a Heaven Punisher by accident. Haha. Enjoy the gift! :D

Genoa
Mar 1, 2012, 01:17 PM
(PSO Blue burst)
Back when I only had one computer, I thought I would be slick and trade myself a ton of rares to one of my alts I was leveling...
[none of my friends were online and I was too impatient to wait]
Joined a random group called "Mag feeding"
So I dropped like 60+ rares up in the principal's office
Go to come back on my alt, go up in the office, and I watched as one of the other party members looted the last of my rares and logged out...
;______;

Von Jugel
Mar 1, 2012, 01:57 PM
I somehow lost a good Raygun in the process of giving it to another character. Oh well, no biggie.

AlexCraig
Mar 1, 2012, 05:59 PM
Only major stupid thing I did was accidentally sell a Last Survivor. At that time, I was new to PSO and thought it was the most badass thing. Now I know better and have a slew of Last Survivors XD

blace
Mar 1, 2012, 06:14 PM
Used POW Mats on a FOmarl.

HUmar Darkedge
Mar 1, 2012, 06:30 PM
Let's see...
Back then, when My main "was" a HUmar in lvl 113, it was late, on by bed playing PSO. Got bored of killing, so tried to decide on color on "Dressing Room"(Pay 10000).
After a few "Reset" presses, I accidentally chose the delete option, thus made made me quit on it by sleeping:sleep:.

EDIT: 3 days later, My 2nd(now 1st) main is my HUnewearl lvl 135 (was 68 at that time). My favorite, following the other two.

EDIT #2: After reading the stats online, decided to make
FOnewearl(now lvl 84 or 90) and RAcaseal(also the same.

EDIT following main story: My HUmar had that Hilde"blue" Head T_T.
So, under his foundation, I created a new HUmar(now 107)

Kevin PSO
Mar 12, 2012, 09:27 PM
The dumbest thing I ever did in PSO was starting the game with no knowledge of how to play. This game doesn't have much of a tutorial and this was at a time when I didn't know much about video games to begin with so I was really going in to it without much experience. I started out by making a huge tank-looking RAcast. Thinking nothing could take me down I waltzed straight to the forest after sitting through Tyrell's opening monologue. At first sight of a Booma I panicked, accidentally unequipped my handgun and was forced to use my newly discovered karate moves to dispose of the foul beast. Long story short I died in a few hits. Afterwards I restarted the game as a RAmar and took the time to read my handy instruction manual first.

kurisu1974
Mar 13, 2012, 07:10 AM
When I first started on DC, I tried to pause the game. Thought going into the menu would stop the monsters attacking.....

LK1721
Mar 17, 2012, 08:29 PM
I was playing Co-op with my dad on the Gamecube when I was 7 or so and absolutely refused to go anywhere near any of the dark rooms. Ever. Getting through the Mines took a reaaallly loooong tiiiime. Then by the time we got out of that, Ruins 3 creeped me the hell out and I had to hide behind my dad while trying to play.

Also around that time I made a MAG with DEF and MND along with wonky stats for everything else. Take note that I was a RAmarl.

Another thing I did was prance around trying to melee with said RAmarl.

I was sooooo good at this game when I was younger.

Force Sly
Mar 29, 2012, 12:00 PM
I originally bought PSO just to get a Tails Chao for Sonic Adventure 2 Battle.

Do I regret buying the game for that purpose only? No, Because just from playing it long enough to get the Tails Chao made me realize that PSO is an amazing game.

When I first got the game to get the Tails Chao, I did not know what I was doing, I started out as a HUmar with long black hair and a green outfit, After running around aimlessly for about an hour in Forest 2 I got scared of the first Hildebear I saw. I quit playing. Over the next few days I did a little bit of research on the internet, learned what the game was about and things like that. I started playing it again restarted the HUmar I had and made a FOmar named Sly *Points at Username* Sly is now my main at level 118.

When I got to the Dragon in episode 1 I was only level 3, I kept running from it screaming then it eventually killed me... =/

And my last story is, By the time I beat Dark Falz on Normal Mode I was about Level 45-55...

Tanis0601
Mar 29, 2012, 01:43 PM
(GameCube)
I had been borrowing PSO from Alex for about a month. I had been playing with my 2 friends all the time. It was late and we were done killing everything so we started to have fun and drop our rares. We knew which rares were ours because we kept them in a small pile. Then we started dropping meseta EVERYWHERE. when we came back to our piles, they were gone.
Sucks. I know.

BWS-1
Mar 30, 2012, 10:34 AM
(Dreamcast ver1)
Must have been that one time a fellow HUcast and I decided we were ''awesome'' and it was worth taking on ''Nightmare 4'' just the 2 of us. We died in Ruin 1, about half way in, except I died a little while after JUST AS WE RAN OUT OF TIME.

And lost all my money and Orotiagito as we got booted out of the game.

I cried a lot inside.

HUmar Darkedge
Mar 30, 2012, 07:52 PM
(GameCube)
Then we started dropping meseta EVERYWHERE. when we came back to our piles, they were gone.

Ah that. The maximum (in PSO) number of items that can be dropped, whether at the lobby or on Ragol, is 50 pieces. I was spamming meseta when i learned this. dropped monomate as first, spammed, dropped to 49th meseta, then viola, you made your pill disappear.

Kevin PSO
Apr 2, 2012, 09:50 PM
wow, I hope you didn't save after that

T0m
Apr 5, 2012, 03:13 AM
Episode 3:
In an online tournament, during the set phase I used Legacy and then kept chatting with my partner until the clock ran out leaving me without any cards on the field (probably about where to set the high cost creature I had in hand).

What made it worse was that it was one of the few times I played in a tournament against another person and my partner was very competitive.

Link1275
Apr 5, 2012, 11:10 AM
Hmmm, well I suppose I should post something here too.
PSOBB:
1.) When I first started playing I expected my mag to shoot lasers at Boomas.
2.) I put a MND level on selfsame ma when it belonged to a HUcast.

HUmar Darkedge
Apr 5, 2012, 08:51 PM
Ah that. The maximum (in PSO) number of items that can be dropped, whether at the lobby or on Ragol, is 50 pieces. I was spamming meseta when i learned this. dropped monomate as first, spammed, dropped to 49th meseta, then viola, you made your pill disappear.

wow, I hope you didn't save after that

Aand why would i save after having a pill disappear? Could always buy it.

Remember kids, the "Red Stuff" is worth not dropping

Tanis0601
Apr 10, 2012, 09:20 PM
I think he means me. and yeah i did T.T

RocSage
Apr 14, 2012, 07:12 AM
Back in the original my friend had lost all his stuff due to BSOD or one of those things. So after getting it all back for him we started going out on an adventure. As he got to a teleporter I zapped him with the resta+zonde bug with a huge smile on my face and caused him to BSOD again... He was mad at me for doing that. I was funny, but still stupid of me cuz I didn't want to reget all his stuff for him again ^.^

TrueChaos
Apr 15, 2012, 08:47 AM
the very first time i played PDOBB i didn't know having the game type set at 'normal' was multiplayer. Went through the entire Forest as well as beating the Dragon on my own and spent the entire time wondering why it was so difficult. I proper face palmed when i realized there was a 'solo' option.

DC_PLAYER
Apr 15, 2012, 10:07 AM
Casting a multi hit tech or a PB when surrounded

Zeota
Apr 15, 2012, 06:28 PM
PSODC - Using an off-brand memory card and having it shit the bed on me a week after dinging 100 for the first time, and then using that SAME card on PSOv2. I now swear by first-party peripherals for any game hardware because of that.

PSOGC - Moving between lobbies with a few loose weapons (most valuable of which being a demolition comet) and getting FSOD.

chibiLegolas
Apr 16, 2012, 03:30 PM
Me & friends waited a long time to arrange a schedule to take on several Challenge Modes for a night. We banged out a lot. But as the night got later, I eventually fell asleep at the wheel and apparently kept walking into a wall till the timer ran out (I forgot the exact conditions), or someone quite 'n ended the Mode. Supposidly, I was walking into that wall a pretty long time. And everyone just gathered around me (in the quest) to just hang 'n chat till I woke up. (^_^')

T0m
Apr 16, 2012, 03:47 PM
Haha yeah, you weren't a real PSO fan if you didn't sleepwalk into walls once every while!

To me PSO was the first game with a player base spread out all over the globe and I really had to teach myself that always being able to play online did not mean I always should be playing.

Clessy
Apr 16, 2012, 06:59 PM
Staying up till like 4 am then having to be ready for school by 6. First period was always my sleeping time take that class again next semester period lol.

Squall179
Apr 17, 2012, 02:53 AM
DUmbiest thing I did?

Well...a few of em.

Alright...

PSO DCV2. I was offline for about half a year on that. That first half of the year was nuts though, I was an idiot though and thought that the dragon was the last boss of offline mode, and when I hit the caves I was all "Ok, this rocksOHGOD THAT IS POISON!?"

Melee attacks on Lillies. Trying to attack Hildebears from the FRONT. WITH MY FISTS (I had lost my only weapon in Forest 2 to one during the full frontal assault so I was trying to get at it, and had to go through another Bear to do so) Came out on top of that one SURPRISINGLY. It took thirty minutes. One Hildebear....EXTREME LOW LEVEL with my FISTS.

Ok, four AM into a three day spree to try to get through Caves, I finally hit the Big Square Teleporter. I'm out of Telepipes, And so I am thinking... "Ok, this is gonna be rough but if its like the Dragon, just wing it and I'll be alright."

I had to change to my handgun when I realized most of the time it was away from the boat, and even then trying to kill it...I was doing this from an extremely low level, so it took a VERY LONG TIME and a LOT of stubbornness, using Mates as a LAST RESORT for when I had run out of FLuids, using Resta to draw out how much healing I could do. At the time, I didnt know how to work the Mag feeding so I would have been able to do more damage, have more TP for healing (HUmar at the time by the way) and whatnot, and it took until well into 9 AM before I finally killed the thing. We had a power outage hit before I could even touch the first reward box. So I started training, and beat it. I ended up clearing Normal Mode before I got network access, so by then I was relatively experienced with the basics of gameplay.

GOd I miss playing that online.

Mantra1039
Apr 18, 2012, 12:17 AM
My dumbest move ever was when I piped away from a love rappy i found in temple on very hard mode. My friend had just died and I didn't think I would be able to clear the room at that level, so I went back to bring him back into the game. I hadn't realized the dynamics behind rare monsters and came back to find one that one of the rarest events in the game had just passed me by. FML

chrisramar
Apr 19, 2012, 01:00 PM
when i turned off my gc when it was saving and yes i got memory card corrupted , luckily i only had a lvl 60 character at the time

Du1337
Apr 24, 2012, 11:37 AM
Played hide and seek in the lobby :P

zoulen
Apr 27, 2012, 04:12 PM
Split screen drop trades, or transferring items and missing one item, it always happened to be my best items. I lost a Synesta by doing that, as well as quite a few valuable weapons. Oh, and my personal favorite is forgetting to pick up Meseta that I've dropped.

Also, I would always promise myself not to play during a storm after the first 3 times the power went out, having my file get corrupted each time. Even then I would still risk it.

Shirai
Apr 30, 2012, 04:51 PM
Dumbest thing I ever did,
Uhhh....I've done a lot of dumb things... hmm...gotta think of the dumbest.
OH OH.
I remember the day I did TTF and I saw a Hildetorr on my bluefull FOnewm, I killed it and it dropped a Heaven Punisher. Happiest day of my life right there, then I was so excited and my friend was willing to give me his 45h Ophelie, and he did. So he gave it to me in his party and I equipped the HP and used the ophelie, and I got stuck with a 25 machine Mille Marteaux. I nearly wanted to cry from it.

Rath-Kun
May 1, 2012, 09:58 PM
PSODC - Using an off-brand memory card and having it shit the bed on me a week after dinging 100 for the first time, and then using that SAME card on PSOv2. I now swear by first-party peripherals for any game hardware because of that.

PSOGC - Moving between lobbies with a few loose weapons (most valuable of which being a demolition comet) and getting FSOD.

Ohhh FSOD. How much I hate you.

Mine would have to be hopping online on the GC without knowing what FSOD was. Thought someone stole all of my stuff.

spade88
May 21, 2012, 03:05 AM
In Phantasy Star Online ep 1 & 2 I was doing a run in the ruins and just before the final boss I was using my saber to find the extra hidden room and got stuck in the wall.......took me 10 extra minutes to remember I could teleport..lol

Redoxe
Sep 11, 2012, 09:07 AM
Wow, this thread actually got a lot of replies! The most successful thread I've ever made :)

boobella de thrill
Oct 13, 2012, 10:52 PM
One night I was so distracted/drunken/tired/doped up on vicodin from a kidney infection to the point I accidentally forgot to save and ended up just turning the power off altogether, after playing 4hrs....

gigawuts
Oct 13, 2012, 11:34 PM
After a 6 hour spree of forest-falz in one flat run, to unlock the next difficulty, I was mashing buttons to try to skip the credits.

Three buttons I mashed were X, B, and start.

I was not pleased.

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Oct 16, 2012, 11:04 AM
Messing up mag feeds when the mag is nearly capped and winding up with a 1 in certain unwanted stat departments.

Come close to selling my rare weapons which aren't equipped. Now I make sure I have such weapons nestled inbetween armour and units to avoid accidentally selling it.

Tifa

Foxhound_intern
Oct 20, 2012, 12:02 PM
I got to the boss in ruins on ultimate and died without having a scape doll..so i had to run through the stage over again to get there. But i noticed there was an unexplored area near the boss entrance, so i went in (forgetting that i had no weapon), got surrounded by enemies and died again..i got really angry and broke my only controller and couldn't play for a few days afterwards. I felt pretty dumb.

Good thing that my VMU didn't break, otherwise, id go bananas

Meyfei
Oct 20, 2012, 02:21 PM
deleting my lv100 blueful, lv100 oran, lv100 somethingelse i forget

Link1275
Oct 20, 2012, 10:44 PM
After a 6 hour spree of forest-falz in one flat run, to unlock the next difficulty, I was mashing buttons to try to skip the credits.

Three buttons I mashed were X, B, and start.

I was not pleased.

What do X, B, and start do? I've only really played PSOBB when it comes to PSO1(still trying to find a copy of PSO Ep I&II Plus).

gigawuts
Oct 20, 2012, 10:46 PM
It's the soft reset button combo on the gamecube. It was an easy way to undo a mistake you made since your last save (which would be the last time you turned the game on). Sell your favorite rare? X+B+Start time. Make a mistake on your mag? X+B+Start time. It brought you to the game's title screen without saving.

Link1275
Oct 21, 2012, 08:09 PM
It's the soft reset button combo on the gamecube. It was an easy way to undo a mistake you made since your last save (which would be the last time you turned the game on). Sell your favorite rare? X+B+Start time. Make a mistake on your mag? X+B+Start time. It brought you to the game's title screen without saving.
Ouch, that must have hurt to undo all that work. It's too bad they didn't port that to PSOBB...

Aunt_Betty
Oct 28, 2012, 12:27 PM
Pretty sure there was a time when my character was in Ruins and I left the game on because my parents called me for dinner. Turns out there was one monster left in the room. When I turned the TV back on, my screen was red; I had died.

JCGamer
Oct 31, 2012, 12:37 PM
I sold my red ring by mistake. then I had to hunt it 4 time and selling the red ring like 4 time lol to npc.

Celauve
Nov 8, 2012, 10:17 PM
I accidently went into a fight with Olga Flow using a low level mag that I was working for my force... but I was my cast, so I had this completely useless mag the entire fight. The most intense fight I ever had.

Garrett_TD23
Jan 10, 2013, 09:56 PM
Just recently I found a blue rappy in Hard-Pinkal. They drop one of the most awesome Force weapons; Branch of Pakupaku. I killed the group of rappies including the blue one and of course as they were laying there I exited the area and went back in to make them wake up, but the wonky camera angle got me turned around so I totally missed with the Rafoie blast.

JCGamer
Jan 18, 2013, 08:02 AM
NEVER EVER DROP YOUR ITEM with out a friend being there I drop my Guld Milla cause I was running out of bank space and BOOM the whole town went into a blackout turning out I lost my guld milla forever....talk about bad timing

Mrf9917
Jan 20, 2013, 03:09 AM
1st- it was my first time ever playing onm ult mode, i was plating on the forest and i got to the forest 2 and i found a hildadeltorr, killed it,got a frozen shooter me any my brothers were so happy but we had to go to dinner and i forgot to save it. By the way i am looking for it right now

2nd- i was playing the ruins on ult mode and i am on GC so when i got to the boss i went back to the bank and picked up some scape dolls to copy. when i was coping i was almost done i got to the last one and froze my game. i had to play the ruins all over again

Robert_Garcia
Jan 29, 2013, 02:34 PM
Went into a Max Attack run without restocking on recovery items...ended up dying like 3 times