PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 Phantasy Star Portable 2 On PSN?

NNYdust*
Mar 2, 2012, 04:25 AM
Is it still available on the psn network im trying to get in on the PS Vita but been seeing rumors that it's ont available is it true? Please any answers and solutions for U.S would be helpful i've been awaiting for psp go but somehow managed to save for more than a go so got a Vita life's Great!!^^;

blace
Mar 2, 2012, 05:00 AM
But seriously, large text is annoying and is just plain hard to read. No it's not up it's been down for who knows how long.

Edit: Before I forget, the EU version works on the Vita, US and JP is unplayable even if you already bought it before it was down.

NNYdust*
Mar 2, 2012, 05:11 AM
lol im sorry but you guys made me laugh on this one OMG! did i insistantly buy a vita for nothing must i save for a windows computer for sure well only time will tell.Thanks guys imma rooting for them to post it up again and sorry for the biggest font.

r00tabaga
Mar 4, 2012, 05:36 PM
I tried transferring it from my Media Go software to my Vita and no workie....anyone in the US figure it out yet? I heard that b/c of license issues, only games currently on PSN are playable on Vita "for now". True?

NNYdust*
Mar 4, 2012, 07:49 PM
that sounds more than likely the answer and thought of what's going on did you hear somewhere around here they are about to announce on the 9th of Phantasy Star Portable 3 For Vita.Feel like this is less than likely my reason is that Phantasy Star Portable 2:Infinity Just realeased not that long ago my hopes on the 9th.

r00tabaga
Mar 4, 2012, 08:53 PM
I'll be happy if they reveal that Victory for Vita is either PSPo3, PSPo2:I or PSO2 really. Hell, I would be thrilled if they ported an HD version of Zero or Blue Burst for that matter.
I said it already, but I'm still thinking it's the PSPo2 sequel that was meant for PSP but now using the Vita's processing power & touch functions.

Edit: Anyone able to get US PSPo2 to work yet on Vita? PM me if you know how. THX-

landman
Mar 6, 2012, 12:49 AM
I could only copy PSP2 from the PS3 to the Vita by downloading the installer again, but PSP2 is still in the euro Store (but NOT the Vita store) so no problem here. For those who purchased the game, can you redownload it from the download history?

blace
Mar 6, 2012, 02:45 AM
I could only copy PSP2 from the PS3 to the Vita by downloading the installer again, but PSP2 is still in the euro Store (but NOT the Vita store) so no problem here. For those who purchased the game, can you redownload it from the download history?

Both the demo and full game were still there for me and I'm assuming it might be the case for others that have purchased it off of US PSN.

r00tabaga
Mar 6, 2012, 09:59 AM
I never used my PS3 for transferring to my pspGo, I used MediaGo. I will probably just continue to use my Go for playing Phantasy Star for now. I'm giving up.

landman
Mar 6, 2012, 12:53 PM
If you have a PS3, it's not much effort to try again, just make sure you don't "install" the download. You will be able to play the game moving the camera with the right stick...

r00tabaga
Mar 6, 2012, 04:55 PM
So I transfer the game from my PSPgo to my PS3, then use Content Mgr to transfer from PS3 to Vita? Sounds easy enuff.
Then I can use filters to optimize the graphics right?
Most PSP games allow you to upscale on Vita and some, like this one, let you use the right analog stick.

landman
Mar 7, 2012, 01:50 PM
No, you have to re-download the game from the store to your PS3, an "installed" game will not work. If it does not appear on the PS3 store, then re-download from your history list.

r00tabaga
Mar 7, 2012, 05:23 PM
Ahhhhhhhhhhh...thx, I'll try that!

r00tabaga
Mar 13, 2012, 08:38 AM
Does not work. I reloaded it from my history but when I use the content mgr on my vita it doesn't see it. No biggy, I am content using my PSPgo for the time being.

NNYdust*
Mar 13, 2012, 10:54 AM
Well is the game back on the PS3 Playstation Network If Can you purchase it? I remember downloading the demo awhile back but heard its not there anymore to purchase is it available now?

r00tabaga
Mar 13, 2012, 12:34 PM
It was removed in the US for some reason or another and D/Ling it from your history won't work either. I will prolly give portable 2 a rest for a while as my body gets ready for PSO2.

Akaimizu
Mar 13, 2012, 07:01 PM
Yeah. I'm glad I kept my PSP around so I can continue to play it. I just feel a bit burned about them basically taking away half of my reason to also get the Digital Download version, in the first place. I had full intention of playing it on the Vita.

johnwolf
Mar 27, 2012, 01:00 PM
sigh, another reason PS vita sucks. it's not TRULY backwords compatable.

Akaimizu
Mar 27, 2012, 01:17 PM
Well Backward compatible is hardly a feature of Sony systems anymore, anyway. Heck, out of all of the 3 major consoles, who would've figured for which all the latest models the one with the *most* previous gen backwards compatibility ends up being the Microsoft one?
Wii U wont have it, and latest Wii models dropped BC support.

johnwolf
Mar 27, 2012, 06:01 PM
they had to for sony because it was to pricey. nintendo wii droped it to bring down the price and most places don't sell GC games anymore. Xbox got to keep theirs because of it's early release. psv didn't need the back touch pad, i tried it and it's pointless plus it can be a pain with how you have to hold the psv sometimes. worse then the 3DS gimic. but that's off toppic. sorry

NNYdust*
Mar 27, 2012, 07:39 PM
I actually found it to be pretty fun on FIFA 12 on the ps vita demo super fun cheese!

(the back touchpad of the Ps Vita)

Akaimizu
Mar 28, 2012, 05:41 AM
Actually, the drop in PS2 support had nothing to do with piracy. It was also to drop costs and to force devs to drop PS2 development. The Linux thing was supposedly a Piracy issue.