PDA

View Full Version : Possible Phantasy Star Portable sequel for Vita announcement on March 9th (It's PSO2!

Mike
Mar 2, 2012, 09:32 PM
Aozora pointed this out on the PSO2 board, but guess who's doing something at a Vita event:

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m143/z026445/dgnsakai2.jpg

Answer:
[spoiler-box]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuOdozF5T1M[/spoiler-box]

The stream will probably be available on the PS Vita Game Tengoku (http://www.jp.playstation.com/gametengoku/) site.

r00tabaga
Mar 2, 2012, 11:57 PM
Awesomesauce!

Mike
Mar 3, 2012, 12:40 AM
The offices that show up after Sakai's little bit are Sega's, the ones where the Phantasy Star games in particular are made. You can see the wall of design pics and even a rappy.

SephirothXer0
Mar 3, 2012, 05:13 AM
If they announce the next Phantasy Star on the Vita, I'll have to buy one asap. Sakai would give me no choice.

Next Friday we'll find out for sure.

r00tabaga
Mar 3, 2012, 07:18 PM
...I have read, thru digging around the net & Twitter, that Victory is a true sequel to PSPo2 and not anything PSO2. I'm not sure if Infinity plays onto this but I'm sure Dumans will be present ala PSO2.
Ever since I got my Vita I have been hoping for a new PS game for my shiny new system.

Return of the Beasts !!!

Mike
Mar 3, 2012, 09:05 PM
That's something that you can't be sure of until it's announced. The PSO2 second alpha questionaire had a question asking what system you'd like some kind of PSO2 game on and Vita was one of the answers. Just because a game may be announced on Friday doesn't mean it's going to go on sale right away. It may be several months away.

But I'm thinking in terms of system. Infinity, despite being the most honed version of the Universe games, is still clunky when compared to PSO2 so I'm hoping they take what can be taken from PSO2 and apply it to whatever new game may be coming cout, be it a game that takes places in the Universe series or something else.

r00tabaga
Mar 3, 2012, 09:48 PM
I am definitely NOT certain. Just going off of what I've heard and read but we will find out March 9th. I do know that one of the devs hinted that PSPo3 was on the table and it made more sense to put it on Vita & change the name to Victory (PSV) since the PSP was at the end of it's life cycle. That was my whole idea with PSV on PS Vita as PSPo was on the PSP.
Personally I'd rather see a portable sequel than PSO2 ported on a handheld. I really liked PSPo2 & hope they continue forward with new features & powerful graphics.

DayDreamer
Mar 3, 2012, 10:43 PM
If they announce the next Phantasy Star on the Vita, I'll have to buy one asap. Sakai would give me no choice.

I second that, Phantasy Star alone is enough reason for me to buy a Vita xD

FOkyasuta
Mar 3, 2012, 10:46 PM
Ive been itching for a Portable PS now ever since P2 so no doubt if i get a Vita im so getting that. It always left me wondering though... Why 3G? And not 4G?

Leon-Sky
Mar 4, 2012, 04:56 AM
OH MY G! PRETTY AWESOME! TIME TO BUY A VITA! (just confuse if which is better, PSvita wifi , Or psvita wifi 3g!)

SephirothXer0
Mar 4, 2012, 04:58 AM
OH MY G! PRETTY AWESOME! TIME TO BUY A VITA! (just confuse if which is better, PSvita wifi , Or psvita wifi 3g!)

If you don't know which one, you'd better get the Wifi. 3G is only for GPS and faster web browsing, it isn't actually used for games

Aki_Yoruno
Mar 4, 2012, 09:11 AM
I had a brief thought some time ago about the possibility of making an all-star fighting game, like Smash Brothers or Dissidia. There are more than enough characters throughout all Phantasy Star games to do this. I'm not a huge fan of that genre, but if it's Phantasy Star, I'd be more into it. With a name like "Victory", it's not too far-fetched of an idea. Though I do find it unlikely.

r00tabaga
Mar 4, 2012, 11:09 AM
That fighting game would be sick! Great idea. I wish I could make videogames ......but then I prolly wouldn't enjoy them anymore :shrugs:

TrueLugia121
Mar 4, 2012, 06:10 PM

If you don't know which one, you'd better get the Wifi. 3G is only for GPS and faster web browsing, it isn't actually used for games

i've already got my Vita dead on launch and am having real fun with Uncharted right now so SephirothXer0 you're wrong on one account being that the 3g/WIFI model
isn't actually being used for games. also i'm curious to know why Leon-Sky didn't buy a Vita on launch himself?

r00tabaga
Mar 4, 2012, 07:17 PM

WTF is this???

TrueLugia121
Mar 4, 2012, 07:19 PM
what are you trying to pul here r00tbaga?

blace
Mar 4, 2012, 07:59 PM
The reviews for the system states that the 3G is used for GPS functionality and social networking. 250MB of memory for about $16 a month and other such charges, but that applies to the US system. Might be different elsewhere, but that is what is said for the 3G model.

r00tabaga
Mar 4, 2012, 08:47 PM
what are you trying to pul here r00tbaga?

The Vita 3G model isn't used for games??? Again, WTF is this?

TrueLugia121
Mar 4, 2012, 09:29 PM
excuse me, r00tbaga, but is there a reason why you're over-reacting on this thread?

r00tabaga
Mar 4, 2012, 10:00 PM
excuse me, r00tbaga, but is there a reason why you're over-reacting on this thread?

1ST off, WhoTF are you & why are U on my junk? 2ndly, I am just confused as to what he/she meant by their statement that the 3G model is unable to play games.
Seeing as this is a Vita thread I didn't want the average Joe to get confused. What are you contributing?

Kaydin
Mar 4, 2012, 10:06 PM
All he meant was that the Vita doesn't use 3G for playing games, not that the 3G version can't play games at all.

I'm not sure if it's true though.

EDIT: According to this (http://m.cnet.com.au/ps-vita-to-3g-or-not-to-3g-339332389.htm), it's true.

r00tabaga
Mar 4, 2012, 10:14 PM
All he meant was that the Vita doesn't use 3G for playing games, not that the 3G version can't play games at all.

I'm not sure if it's true though.

I didn't know that you couldn't play any current games online without WiFi. Kinda pointless to get 3G IMO. We have iPhones & Droids for GPS & web browsing.
I think most developers with any sense will stop online connections being made for gameplay online through 3G since the ping is going to be awful and will change drastically as you move. WiFi is stronger than 3G.

This is news to me, which is why I asked "WTF is this?"

fatelinka
Mar 5, 2012, 12:00 AM
So this Phantasy Star is going to be a brawler? Sorry my current computer is horrible so I couldnt watch the video. I think that its a nice idea but with the games ability of classes how will they balance it, and make the characters unique? I do support this however lol

blace
Mar 5, 2012, 12:31 AM
So this Phantasy Star is going to be a brawler? Sorry my current computer is horrible so I couldnt watch the video. I think that its a nice idea but with the games ability of classes how will they balance it, and make the characters unique? I do support this however lol

Not even close. It was an idea introduced by Aki_Yoruno, not the actual project itself. The video just shows some developers and Persona 4 The Golden along with Satoshi Sakai, the man that directed Phantasy Portable 2/Infinity and the upcomng PC game Phantasy Star Online 2.

Edit: Were you playing PSP2 online recently? Your username looked a bit familiar.

Mike
Mar 5, 2012, 01:44 AM
I believe one of the other "new" Sega games for the Vita, Samurai & Dragons, can use 3G to play online. The game is an online-only title though. I use new in quotes because the game looks like a reskin of their Kingdom Conquest game on Android/iOS.

drizzle
Mar 5, 2012, 04:21 AM
HOOT

Take more of my money SEGA!

The PSVita is region free, right?

blace
Mar 5, 2012, 04:22 AM
No region protection like its predecessor.

NoiseHERO
Mar 5, 2012, 04:28 AM
I don't know why my portable gaming device has to cost 100 extra dollars just so I can do everything on it BUT play videogames when I already have... A modern day person's living room and a Smartphone...

But yeah, hoping Vita does get some games that'll make me want to buy one. Also a smash bros brawl/dissidia version of Phantasy Star...?

Eww...

Alis and Rolf VS lolEthan's little sister and Nagisa in a Kingdom Hearts-like hack n slash battle in a last boss battlefield with mario platforms and dancing rappies in the background sounds sooo coooool...

But being a sarcastic dick aside. I'm not sure how PS's fanbase in Japan is for a Fanservicey game like brawl/dissidia/tales of the world kinda game.

Leon-Sky
Mar 6, 2012, 02:20 AM
i've already got my Vita dead on launch and am having real fun with Uncharted right now so SephirothXer0 you're wrong on one account being that the 3g/WIFI model
isn't actually being used for games. also i'm curious to know why Leon-Sky didn't buy a Vita on launch himself?

The reason is......... no funds at all haha! Just waiting for my birthday to get. So now Im comnfuse which one is better? the wifi or the 3g? don't have a wifi zone in my house. I'm just worried if I don't buy the 3g , I will encounter future problems about new games. Reading the blog about it hmm I might as well take the non 3g Vita. Because it doesn't mean for gaming just for web browsing and stuff correct me if im wrong but 3g is more like leisure or something.But still I'm open for suggestions which one is better for my birthday. ^^

Mike
Mar 6, 2012, 02:26 AM
I think it is safe to say that you will be able to play all games for the system on either system. I'd also work on getting that wifi-less environment fixed too.

Leon-Sky
Mar 6, 2012, 03:01 AM
Yeah. I think I want to get the non 3g one. thanks Mike. Ope n for more suggestions!
(currently making a english database of weapons in infinity)

Ghost Inside
Mar 6, 2012, 08:03 PM
I wonder if they'll ever make something akin to PSO Ep. 3 again...
Call me crazy but I think that'd be cool.

Though I'm guessing that's not what they're working on.

Xaton
Mar 7, 2012, 01:55 PM
shoot hopes they build it with the infinity options the build a mission aka [BAM] lol was awsome evne though cant fully understand it if its comeign to vita or least has the dewman race and stuff will gofor victory. so if its contenuation of psp2i ? Or is it sequaling from the online 2? eather be awsome even if they add in beast and dewman races.

r00tabaga
Mar 7, 2012, 05:26 PM
Whatever it is, it'll be awesome...it just won't be pso2, that we know. PC exclusive. Just be happy that we are getting another new PS game.

Mike
Mar 7, 2012, 06:54 PM
Whatever it is, it'll be awesome...it just won't be pso2, that we know. PC exclusive. Just be happy that we are getting another new PS game.
That would only be true in the same way PSU is now only 360 exclusive (PC if you count Japanese versions). That doesn't rule out a spin off game much like Portable 1, 2, and 2i. A question in the PSO2a2 questionaire asked if such a game existed, what system would you like it on.

SephirothXer0
Mar 7, 2012, 07:19 PM
I absolutely would not doubt a "spinoff" of PSO2 on the Vita. It would still technically be PC exclusive, and it would easily fill the void on the Vita that Monster Hunter has left for fans of that genre who don't want a 3DS. Excellent opportunity for Sega to take what Capcom has wasted.

Mike
Mar 7, 2012, 07:27 PM
I do think it's a bit early to see a PSO2 game outside of the main one though. PSO2 hasn't even entered beta yeta.

Link1275
Mar 8, 2012, 12:04 AM
Unless of course we aren't going to see one on the Vita for a year or two.

Mike
Mar 8, 2012, 12:10 AM
Unless of course we aren't going to see one on the Vita for a year or two.
I doubt we'd see a game that far away at the presentation.

NoiseHERO
Mar 8, 2012, 01:36 AM
I'd still like to see what they would do with a completely new setting and story. Something outside of our PSO influenced "Oh no our entire planet is being brainwashed by dark falz and now we have to kill everything that moves till we find him." we've had the last 10 games...

Maybe something with human villains. Or some futuristic school life. Or being lost in space instead of it just being a hub world.

Oh oh oh and it HAS to have augmented reality mags, THEN I'll bother to raise the damn things personally.

Xaton
Mar 8, 2012, 09:21 AM
well with dark falz if remember the lore right he is embodiment of evil and chaos so he sort of manifests in dark moments and cant be truely destoryed.

landman
Mar 8, 2012, 03:56 PM
I'd prefer a new sequel to the PSU/PSP series, because I don't want they starting to split PSO2 into different titles, and because I want a chance of Sega west releasing the unreleased content from infinity (a complete compilation of the PSU saga would be too much I guess xD)

Xaton
Mar 8, 2012, 08:04 PM
well i think it be base don infinity style or portabl eseries as the portable psu serie sis sub plot that happened at same time as PSO least thats hwo they are playing it as exuse type thing like main story line then you have a What if sub plot which all soposedly mix into online 2. So good chance it may be portable hopefully as said befor evitory adds in dewman and BAM [build a mission] [as they cant call it infinity misions now so build a mission sounds good [BAM lol

r00tabaga
Mar 8, 2012, 08:34 PM
I'd prefer a new sequel to the PSU/PSP series, because I don't want they starting to split PSO2 into different titles, and because I want a chance of Sega west releasing the unreleased content from infinity (a complete compilation of the PSU saga would be too much I guess xD)

This.

Plus I would rather have two fresh, brand new PS games instead of one. Duh!

Shadownami92
Mar 8, 2012, 09:15 PM
I would love a game similar to that Felyne side game for Monster Hunter, where it was Animal Crossing like but with the Felynes and other Monster Hunter elements.

Call it something like "Phantasy Star: Rappy Life". They could even use that to take the Phantasy Star game mechanics and experiment with crazy game elements. Add some mini games and witty dialogue and it would be golden.

Even better, add a Rappy Garden, it would be like Chao Garden but with rappies! Or Mag Garden, lots of possibilities for silly fun smaller side games.

Mike
Mar 8, 2012, 09:54 PM
I would love a game similar to that Felyne side game for Monster Hunter, where it was Animal Crossing like but with the Felynes and other Monster Hunter elements.

Call it something like "Phantasy Star: Rappy Life". They could even use that to take the Phantasy Star game mechanics and experiment with crazy game elements. Add some mini games and witty dialogue and it would be golden.

Even better, add a Rappy Garden, it would be like Chao Garden but with rappies! Or Mag Garden, lots of possibilities for silly fun smaller side games.
That would make me a
[spoiler-box]http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=982&pictureid=11964[/spoiler-box]

r00tabaga
Mar 8, 2012, 10:05 PM
Any clue when they are announcing? It's March 9th in the land of the rising sun.

Mike
Mar 8, 2012, 10:28 PM
8pm. So in about 7 and a half hours. That's a good night of sleep if you hit the sack right now.

r00tabaga
Mar 8, 2012, 10:37 PM
Tyvm'. "off to bed with visions of EX traps dancing in my head"...

NNYdust*
Mar 9, 2012, 02:59 AM
Yeehaw!!! (Phantasy Star Zero)

Leon-Sky
Mar 9, 2012, 03:52 AM
I'm Excited!

Mike
Mar 9, 2012, 05:58 AM
It's PSO2 holy cow

GCoffee
Mar 9, 2012, 06:08 AM
Holy mother of god!

Mike
Mar 9, 2012, 06:09 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5OMPhKLhXQ
Just for the record.

d19xx
Mar 9, 2012, 06:15 AM
Can't breathe... head will explode soon...

Aki_Yoruno
Mar 9, 2012, 06:16 AM
Dang, have to get a Vita next year, then!

Couldn't quite hear it, this apt. is very noisy ATM. Did he say we'll probably be able to use the same character data between PC and Vita versions?

What's the deal with the Vita presents and passwords? How does that work?

d19xx
Mar 9, 2012, 06:19 AM
@ 1 minute mark is the Vita cross playing with the PC version?

Mike
Mar 9, 2012, 06:21 AM
@ 1 minute mark is the Vita cross playing with the PC version?
Yes, I believe it is.

Carma
Mar 9, 2012, 06:34 AM
Can't wait

Leon-Sky
Mar 9, 2012, 06:34 AM
I WILL EXPLODE ANY MOMENT NOW!! DREAM COME TRUE!! PSO2 drooling days are over!

Mike
Mar 9, 2012, 06:39 AM
Couldn't quite hear it, this apt. is very noisy ATM. Did he say we'll probably be able to use the same character data between PC and Vita versions?

What's the deal with the Vita presents and passwords? How does that work?

He said the data will be shared between both versions. I've put together a post containing the information we know so far (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193519) in the PSO2 forum since this is currently more PSO2 than Portable related.

As for the password and presents, if you watch all the Vita videos, you'll assemble a password. You can enter to win a Vita by submitted the completed password to Sony.

GeoSword
Mar 9, 2012, 06:41 AM
So much for PSO2 being a "PC-Only" title then. Not complaining though. Will be interesting how cross-play will work between the PC and Vita version.

d19xx
Mar 9, 2012, 06:44 AM
Cross play will probably be online only.

I hope PSO2 will also have offline single player like a story mode.

Mike
Mar 9, 2012, 06:46 AM
I hope PSO2 will also have offline single player like a story mode.
I hate to burst your bubble but it's going to be online only.

drizzle
Mar 9, 2012, 07:00 AM
wait WAHT

*head explodes*

Crappy FPS tho O.o

Mike
Mar 9, 2012, 07:02 AM
Crappy FPS tho O.o
I imagine that'll improve. The game isn't even at 10% complete yet and isn't due out for another year.

Aki_Yoruno
Mar 9, 2012, 07:25 AM
He said the data will be shared between both versions. I've put together a post containing the information we know so far (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193519) in the PSO2 forum since this is currently more PSO2 than Portable related.

As for the password and presents, if you watch all the Vita videos, you'll assemble a password. You can enter to win a Vita by submitted the completed password to Sony.

Haha, yeah, figured it out and already applied. Thanks!

r00tabaga
Mar 9, 2012, 07:30 AM
2013??? Damn that's a loooooooong time. They'll probably have VITAgo by then...lol

Mike
Mar 9, 2012, 07:43 AM
Alrighty then. Since we know this is now PSO2 related, please take your comments or questions to the topic on the PSO2 forum. You can hop over with the link below.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193519