PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 Some newbie questions

Takamura
Mar 4, 2012, 10:15 AM
Hello dear Community. So I just ordered this game after playing PSP for about 70h+.

Im playing PSO since PSO EP1&2 for GC and was always a fan of RaCasts. I've even read some reviews about PSP2 and got a RaCast in PSP1. But sadly one of the review stated, that Casts were nerfed to death in PSP2 so I was wondering if anyone could approve that? Besides I also read the thread about online play and well...

My questions are:
1. Did Casts came too short in PSP2?
2. If so, which race does suit the ranger class best?
3. I also heard that rangers arent that efficient anymore. Is that true?
4. Are there really that many hackers going around in the online mode?
5. If so what can I do to protect myself from them, except 4 locking my gameroom?
6. Can I play online without being hacked, even if my room is locked and I'm the only one in the room?
7. I heard something about people loosing their savegame once in a while. How does that happen? Cuz until now none of my PSP games were corrupted or something like that.

If you read through all my questions and can answer some of them I'd be really grateful.

Miki~
Mar 4, 2012, 10:20 AM
My questions are:
5. If so what can I do to protect myself from them, except 4 locking my gameroom?
6. Can I play online without being hacked, even if my room is locked and I'm the only one in the room?
7. I heard something about people loosing their savegame once in a while. How does that happen? Cuz until now none of my PSP games were corrupted or something like that.

2.I'd use a cast
4.yes
5.back up your savedata before you go online
6.you should be able to. if you think a hacker joined your room (ie colored name or weird symbols in name) check their card to see if anything looks off. you shouldnt get hacked playing by yourself though.

Takamura
Mar 4, 2012, 10:44 AM
Thanks for the answer. Is there maybe a chart which shows the stats of all races for each classes?

TrueLugia121
Mar 5, 2012, 07:19 PM
here's the Phantasy Star Portable 2 PSUPedia: http://psp2.psupedia.info/Main_Page
helped me alot when i was on Phantasy Star Portable 2 Europe

fatelinka
Mar 8, 2012, 11:06 AM
Iv been playing the online awhile now, hackers are everywhere but there are some legits. In my opinion the ranger Class got nerfed! If you play the story mode you always got your partners telling you that "Ranged is a bad idea or useless." Hackers are common but easy to spot, most lvl 200's are hackers, Beasts in Nano mode in down, and like earlier said, colored of symbols in their names. But hey I would totally be up partyin with ya! Ima legit (player who rejects the use of mods on his character) The save game aparently happens, but Personally I have nver had it happen....its probably due to pissin off a hacker.

Neo Flint
Mar 8, 2012, 12:15 PM
I've been maining a cast ranger since day one. In my opinion, rangers are actually really good in parties (provided that to find any legit players). They can be very swift with twin handguns and are able to chain the fastest from afar (higher chains result in greater damage from triangle button based attacks). Shotguns (especially Spreed Needle <3) are underrated and are also really good if you use them properly. In story mode, I was able to kill any enemies no matter what weapon I use, despite what the npcs may say. I usually never listen to them anyway because they can barely hold there own in a fight. >_>

Rangers aren't that weak of a class even if they did got nerfed. Really, just choose a class that best suits your playing style. :-)

Ame
Mar 8, 2012, 12:27 PM
i will be on to under these names & on a new file because i could use the training & remember when i partied w/legits on there in 2010,had many legit friends there & they was really fun to do runs w/currently having connection issues w/psp2i's online mode because of where i live,but i did get some good killing skills on psp2i even though the X & O button is swapped around.will be on my main psn account since it is for public use when my alternate is for 'Ame time'.i will be using a CAST ranger since the accuracy is good & when i chain i can help my team land a high damage count.VA is good to w/ranged weapons & technics.names will be Ame/Nyx/Jibariru & Motoko Kasanagi.

fatelinka
Mar 8, 2012, 02:33 PM
I've been maining a cast ranger since day one. In my opinion, rangers are actually really good in parties (provided that to find any legit players). They can be very swift with twin handguns and are able to chain the fastest from afar (higher chains result in greater damage from triangle button based attacks). Shotguns (especially Spreed Needle <3) are underrated and are also really good if you use them properly. In story mode, I was able to kill any enemies no matter what weapon I use, despite what the npcs may say. I usually never listen to them anyway because they can barely hold there own in a fight. >_>

Rangers aren't that weak of a class even if they did got nerfed. Really, just choose a class that best suits your playing style. :-)

I never ment to say that the ranger was uneeded asset of the team, sorry if it sounded that way. Im actually a Vanguard myself lol, since they have some general skill with any weapon. Would you like to party up sometime?

blace
Mar 8, 2012, 02:49 PM
If there's one thing about rangers that grinds on peoples nerves is that they do not play like their PSO predecessors. With that said, they're not a bad class type to play. As long as you invest points in both guns and a twin daggers or any other close range weapon, you'll be able to hold off on your own for some time.

There's also the addition of the EX Burn traps which also adds to the rangers specialty in dealing support damage.

Ame
Mar 8, 2012, 02:59 PM
If there's one thing about rangers that grinds on peoples nerves is that they do not play like their PSO predecessors. With that said, they're not a bad class type to play. As long as you invest points in both guns and a twin daggers or any other close range weapon, you'll be able to hold off on your own for some time.

There's also the addition of the EX Burn traps which also adds to the rangers specialty in dealing support damage.

i use saber/dagger/twindaggers/twinhandguns/handgun/machinegun & a rifle when i use a CAST @ ranger type.i time my shots w/machinegun & combine it w/a dagger.am very good @ evasion even w/low stats.it is about timing & knowing what weapons have better effects on the enemy.:nerd:

Neo Flint
Mar 8, 2012, 03:22 PM
I never ment to say that the ranger was uneeded asset of the team, sorry if it sounded that way. Im actually a Vanguard myself lol, since they have some general skill with any weapon. Would you like to party up sometime?

I would like to but I don't have wireless in college. If you have a PS3 and know how to use ad-hoc than maybe.

fatelinka
Mar 8, 2012, 03:30 PM
I would like to but I don't have wireless in college. If you have a PS3 and know how to use ad-hoc than maybe.

Indeed I know how to Ad Hoc, I play MHFU on it all the time lol

Rieflelize
Mar 12, 2012, 02:44 AM
Hello dear Community. So I just ordered this game after playing PSP for about 70h+.

Im playing PSO since PSO EP1&2 for GC and was always a fan of RaCasts. I've even read some reviews about PSP2 and got a RaCast in PSP1. But sadly one of the review stated, that Casts were nerfed to death in PSP2 so I was wondering if anyone could approve that? Besides I also read the thread about online play and well...

My questions are:

If you read through all my questions and can answer some of them I'd be really grateful.

1. idk what this....
2. Use Robot I think O_O
3. now Gun have less demage idk why O_O
4. hell yeah so stay away from them if u find any then go out without game save
5. same like number 4 O_O just dont save your game O_O and disband your party
6. come on you can mail your friend if u find any normal player
7. same like 4 dont save your game if u dont want any error

johnwolf
Mar 13, 2012, 10:31 PM
1. idk what this....
2. Use Robot I think O_O

you're defently new if you didn't read the race names. it's Newman, Human, Beasts, and Casts. newmans are elf like, beasts have beast like features and can trasform. casts are the robots. hope this helps

to takamora (hope i got that right ^^; ) Casts are pritty much the same in any of the games. they have less power compaired to beasts but they have good acc def and atp. and rangers are pritty good. choose a cast and you're going to hit hard at range. just don't think you'll do the same d as a malee weapon. oh and pick up a melee weapon just on the safe side.

Syncesta
Mar 14, 2012, 06:38 AM
1. idk what this....
2. Use Robot I think O_O

Here we see the experience of an Hacked guy

1. No they are best as Ra and pretty good as Hu
2. as i said they are still best as a Ranger
3. Rangers are good in chaining and attacking the weak spots from an boss
4. there are many hackeds/hackers out there
5. just not like Rieflelize said that u better disband you party if u have astange feeling...you can disband the party only if you are the host and hackers cant hack your room so trhe is no needto disband the party
just kick the one who you think is a hacked/hacker
6. make your own room and kick ppl with lv 200 and less then 75k kills(ask them for partner cards)
7. never happens to me but you better macke a backup from your save every 5 lvls or if u get a nice rare drop

sorry for my bad english ^^'

Ame
Mar 17, 2012, 08:48 AM
Here we see the experience of an Hacked guy

1. No they are best as Ra and pretty good as Hu
2. as i said they are still best as a Ranger
3. Rangers are good in chaining and attacking the weak spots from an boss
4. there are many hackeds/hackers out there
5. just not like Rieflelize said that u better disband you party if u have astange feeling...you can disband the party only if you are the host and hackers cant hack your room so trhe is no needto disband the party
just kick the one who you think is a hacked/hacker
6. make your own room and kick ppl with lv 200 and less then 75k kills(ask them for partner cards)
7. never happens to me but you better macke a backup from your save every 5 lvls or if u get a nice rare drop

sorry for my bad english ^^'

about the partner cards part,it not such a good idea because i asked someone & the used a player ID corrupt mod when they sent it to me(joy now i have to start all over).& my original file was on the computer that got a virus.i would not think it is a good idea to ask them,this is what i get for sticking my noes in other ppls privacy.:dead: