PDA

View Full Version : Who is Delta?

Chris_Chocobo
Mar 6, 2012, 12:47 AM
All those years i've been thinking about her because i only saw once in my life a lot of years ago on gamecube. Where i can find her on Blue Burst? what mission? i allways called her Mother, but now i discovered his real name is delta. For those who dont know of what im talking about, she's the cast that appears on the screens of the last floor of Towers in Episode II. What's his backstory? im just curious to see her again.

Dongra
Mar 7, 2012, 03:14 PM
I think that story is linked to the quest Seat of the Heart. Should be a one person episode 2 only quest.

Broken_L_button
Mar 7, 2012, 03:58 PM
What Dongra said is correct. You should be able to see Delta during Seat of the Heart. Super long (yet super well-written) quest. And, backstory-wise, one wouldn't be too far off calling Delta "Mother", since, essentially, she's...

SPOILER ALERT, YO! (Seat of the Heart should explain most of this, so I suggest you don't read this before doing the quest)

[SPOILER-BOX]...the finished product of the "Mother" project, which aimed to create an "ultimate life-form" -that would be Delta- able to control the various bio-weapons P1 had created -or planned to create- (the altered beasts could be considered such weapons, though, they're more like early byproducts of the plan) and to transmigrate all the autonomous AIs -Calus, Volt Op and Olga- into living bodies (You know how that went for two of them).

Dr. Montague's "daughters", Ult and Elenor, are pretty much prototypes of Delta; P1's scientist sought to control D-cells by gift-wrapping them in machinery. Delta is supposedly a perfect fusion of Human and Newman genomes, Cast parts and D-cells.

Anyways, most of PSO's plot revolves around the Mother project; Coral's government were jerkfaces who just wanted to tap into the D-cells power rather than save their citizens, so they made the Pioneer plan as a front for creating weapons out of the stuff they found on Ragol. In EP 1, Rico seems to be about to discover it, or at the very least the fact that the Pioneer plan is a front (read some of her messages in the Caves), and there's Dr. Montague's quest, Soul of Steel. In EP 2, Flowen's messages (before seabed lower levels, since by this point, he's talking directly to your character) pretty much reveal how the plan was going along behind the scenes while the EP 1 events unfolded, and there's Seat of the Heart to explain it all. In EP 4, the Mother project isn't as central to the plot, but then again, Rupika and the weapon system she controls could also be considered byproducts of the project anyways and there's also a quest in which Montague makes a reference to the project. In EP3, it doesn't seem like anyone really cares about the project anymore, since the Germ is the new fad, yet, it's still the Mother project that led to this mess.[/SPOILER-BOX]

*Disclaimer: most of this info is from memory, so it might be slightly off

Chris_Chocobo
Mar 7, 2012, 10:38 PM
Thanks for your response guys. The only time i saw Delta was years ago and my friend was doing quest about some hours offline and online in Gamecube to get the Ragol Ring. But now i think is impossible to see her on Blue Burst, because ******** server doesnt save any progress of the quest i think...anyway, thanks for the info guys:D

Broken_L_button
Mar 7, 2012, 10:46 PM
Thanks for your response guys. The only time i saw Delta was years ago and my friend was doing quest about some hours offline and online in Gamecube to get the Ragol Ring. But now i think is impossible to see her on Blue Burst, because ******** server doesnt save any progress of the quest i think...anyway, thanks for the info guys:D

If I remember well, that private server saves quests flags as long as you don't change ships and blocks...Then again, yeah, don't rely on the server to save your progress, since it's rather fickle at the moment.

Chris_Chocobo
Mar 8, 2012, 05:01 AM
If I remember well, that private server saves quests flags as long as you don't change ships and blocks...Then again, yeah, don't rely on the server to save your progress, since it's rather fickle at the moment.

I got a lot of Luck playing on the same Ship and the Same block all the way. I already finished the Seat of Heart and i saw Delta and recived the Ragol Ring. The Story is just beautiful, i liked to play this by myself after all those years. Thanks again for your help (and for the guides of psoworld that helped on the progress)

Im happy now:)