PDA

View Full Version : GC New to FO, where are my spells at?

RyanDanger
Mar 10, 2012, 10:11 AM
I've recently picked up PSO 1 and 2 again and decided to go with a FO.
In my last game I was a HUcast and derped around to ultimate.
Now I have more knowledge and direction (and this web site ;-) ) and I wanted to try a full caster due to never using spells before.
I'm nearing level 20, pwning everything that comes my way with a FOnewm, however, I do a lot of meleeing with my power mag because spells just don't seem to drop for me.
I'm a pinkal with a level 12 foie, 9 zonde, and 2 everything else.

Btw, is there any general type effectivity charts around this site? And what is the basic spell hierarchy? Like RAx>GAx>x etc.

NOTE: A lot of people say the luck stat doesn't up luck, but I had the right stuff to max my luck right away with my old account and I've been finding grinders, mats, and mergers like crazy! Am I just lucky, or is it that I am LCK-y? :-P (apparently not because I can't find spells)

Redoxe
Mar 10, 2012, 11:28 AM
I've heard that Pinkal finds more technique disks which could help you to some degree. You will have a hard time finding things around your level that will beat normal attacks with the mag you gave yourself.

Either get some technique disks from your other character or level until you're at the point where your mind mag is at the same level and your techniques are stronger.

Check the shop for techs, exterminate every single box and just keep leveling. You'll get to the places where high level technique disks drop eventually.

Ketchup345
Mar 10, 2012, 12:20 PM
I've heard that Pinkal finds more technique disks which could help you to some degree.Found to be not true.

Ra* is usually the "top end", Gi* middle, and the plain the lowest. But you should use the spell best suited for the room you're in as each "level" of spell may hit a different amount of enemies or "spread" differently.

For higher level disks: Transfer techs found from higher level characters or pipe the shops for better disks.

Be careful about getting too high of tech levels too early, otherwise you run the risk of spells costing too much for frequent use without using a lot of *fluids.

RyanDanger
Mar 10, 2012, 01:21 PM
The mag doesn't set me back at all, my RAcast was able to grant me roughly 20 mind mats so I started out with a nice boost, and I'm working on a mind mag along side when I do want to drop bobs like a boss.

I forgot that my Cast can score me some level 5 spells *derp*

I know the ra>gi>normal deal but I heard some people mention that some spells just arn't worth using in comparison to other ranked spells.

TrueChaos
Mar 10, 2012, 02:45 PM
Normal - V.Hard has little in the way of techs. i found that, roughly, Normal - V.Hard has level 1 - 15 techs and Ultimate has level 15 - 30 techs. each stage has a specific % chance of randomly dropping a disk of a certain level from an enemy/box, as you progress through the level of the disk you can get varies. level 30 basic techs appear sooner than level 30 RA disks with disks like level 30 Grants only appearing in certain levels with the chance varying per stage, I.E the chance of getting level 30 Grants varies depending on whether you are in Ruins 1, 2 or 3

Ketchup345
Mar 10, 2012, 03:40 PM
I know the ra>gi>normal deal but I heard some people mention that some spells just arn't worth using in comparison to other ranked spells.Part of it is due to how the spell works and the particular character's bonuses.

Barta is a straight line, Gibarta is a V in front of you, Rabarta is a point blank area of effect (PBAoE). Foie is a single target in a straight line, Gifoie is a PBAoE, Rafoie is an area of effect (AoE) around your target. Zonde is a single target, Gizonde is a chain, Razonde is a PBAoE.

FOnewm gets 30% bonuses to the Gi* and Ra* spells.

Broken_L_button
Mar 10, 2012, 04:48 PM
Spells aren't everything though. You should also try getting some merges and technique-boosting gear and I'm sure that you most likely have some amplifiers and color barriers laying around. For your FOnewm, I'd recommend:

Merges: Rabarta merge (Gibarta's puny range irks me), Gizonde merge (if can keep enemies in front of you most of the time, Razonde isn't really needed), Red merge (Gifoie and Rafoie are both excellent techniques on any Force)

Technique boosting weapons:
-Sorcerer's cane (if you don't have access to magical piece)
-Psycho Wand

These are for most situations (i.e.: enter room, group of Boomas spawn, kill them and steal their glowsticks). There are some cases that might require you to use a specific technique (like Falz requiring you to use zonde/barta in his 1st and 2nd forms and Foie for the 3rd), in which case you'll have to use other gear (for my Falz example, the third form will need a club of Laconium and a foie merge).

Also, make a mind MAG as soon as you can, since the extra MST is a tremendous boost for a newman Force. You're a Force, cash might be hard to come by (you need your fix in fluids, after all, and the local pusher's prices are blasphemous), so just keep feeding it antiparalysis until level 35 for some cheap MAG-raising; it'll become an Ashvinau with around 5/0/15+/10+ in it's stats. Then, alternate difluid and anti-paralysis while making sure that MIND is the highest stat at 50 to get Ila/Kabanda. After that you can just keep feeding it difluid (ila) or moon atomisers (kabanda) to raise its MIND further. If you're aiming for a rare MAG, though, just make sure to have the appropriate stat totals and switch characters if needed to have the right ID group and gender.