PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 Really want to play PSP2 on Vita

Deepest Blue
Mar 10, 2012, 02:08 PM
Hi,

Looks like I missed out buying PSP2 before they took it off the store, does anybody know if this is temporary or not? This is for the EU version.

I actually bought three UMD copies of this as I wanted to have spares in case the UMD broke as I play it all the time... Thought I made a good move there but never thought I needed to get this digitally for any reason until it was too late.

Is there absolutely no other way for me to buy this digitally ?

Any advice or help given would be fantastic,

Thanks for reading.

blace
Mar 10, 2012, 02:46 PM
It has heen taken down for a long while. One of the members here got a reply from either Sega or Sony saying that they're trying to fix that. Of course, it's been that way for a few months and nothing about the game is showing up in the store. In the US, the game, demo and theme are gone, anything Portable related is the demo for the first game.

I just don't see them bothering with something like the PSP any longer after taking a look at the JP PS store.

Aki_Yoruno
Mar 10, 2012, 06:49 PM
That guy in the Vita video mentioned being able to get a "passport" for digital copies of UMDs you own. Don't know if you will be able to outside of the Japanese PSN, though. Especially PSP2, I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. Sad, I know. I think he may have said that you have to contact the game's manufacturer to get the passport... Worth trying, but I dunno if it's already a valid deal. Makes me wonder if they'll allow us to transfer our number keys to continue playing PSP2i online on Vita somehow...

blace
Mar 10, 2012, 07:04 PM
That guy in the Vita video mentioned being able to get a "passport" for digital copies of UMDs you own. Don't know if you will be able to outside of the Japanese PSN, though. Especially PSP2, I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. Sad, I know. I think he may have said that you have to contact the game's manufacturer to get the passport... Worth trying, but I dunno if it's already a valid deal. Makes me wonder if they'll allow us to transfer our number keys to continue playing PSP2i online on Vita somehow...

Doesn't apply outside of Japan sadly. Especially with a large portion of its consumers that would rather play on a console than a handheld.

Aki_Yoruno
Mar 10, 2012, 07:17 PM
Oh, go figure. Lucky me then. If I CAN play it online with Vita.

I've been meaning to ask about your sig pic. What is up with that?

blace
Mar 10, 2012, 07:26 PM
Oh, go figure. Lucky me then. If I CAN play it online with Vita.

I've been meaning to ask about your sig pic. What is up with that?
I was bored one night, looked up Persona 4 on youtube saw a video using a fan made comic adaptation of the game and this was one the parts that made me laugh.

If you're interested in that look up hiimdaisy Persona 4.

johnwolf
Mar 11, 2012, 04:15 AM
it's like sega usa wants nothing to do with PS-P2. it's so weird.

SenpaiX
Mar 18, 2012, 08:57 PM
I see some PSP2 games at Gamestop, try Chicago IL

DeviFoxx
Mar 18, 2012, 10:02 PM
I see some PSP2 games at Gamestop, try Chicago IL

...What?

awaiken
Mar 26, 2012, 10:45 PM
hahah ^

Don't understand why it would get pulled from the store, what if the off chance someone wants to buy it and they can't? lame.

thunder-ray
Mar 27, 2012, 12:10 AM
I was also hoping that they would make to were you can play PSP2 on the vita. Oh well might as well wait untill PSO2 comes out I refuse to go back to PSU.

awaiken
Mar 28, 2012, 12:19 AM
I'm sure you'll still be able to download it. If you bought it on PSN, just redownload it to your vita.

blace
Mar 28, 2012, 12:30 AM
Does not work for US PSN users. Currently only working for EU users, even Japan is left out of it.

thunder-ray
Mar 29, 2012, 12:25 AM
Ya I noticed it wasent in the psn store when I was going to download it.

awaiken
Mar 29, 2012, 02:09 AM
Ya I noticed it wasent in the psn store when I was going to download it.

Even if isn't in the store listing it should still appear in your download list for redownload. It does for mine.

I double checked and I can confirm that even though they removed the listing from the store, the game still does appear in the download list for redownload.

Screen shot below

http://i.imgur.com/H05Lr.jpg

Sara-hime
Mar 29, 2012, 12:22 PM
Even if isn't in the store listing it should still appear in your download list for redownload. It does for mine.

I double checked and I can confirm that even though they removed the listing from the store, the game still does appear in the download list for redownload.

Screen shot below

http://i.imgur.com/H05Lr.jpg

But that looks like it's on a PSP, and not a PSVita. If you were to try that on a PSV, it simply would not show up. That's what it sounds like anyway. I wonder if the PS team is so busy with PSO2, that they don't have the resources to "fix" the issue of PSPo2/Infinity not being compatible right now. And then they would make their fans upset if they halted PSO2 development to fix one of their "lesser" portable games. Sega as a company is huge, but I don't think one group can do the work that another group started, especially if they have projects of their own to work on. At least that's how I see it.

Not sure when they had Vita devkits but it seems like something they should have taken care of BEFORE the Vita was released, as now they're leaving Meseta on the table literally! ^_^;

awaiken
Mar 29, 2012, 04:12 PM
But that looks like it's on a PSP, and not a PSVita. If you were to try that on a PSV, it simply would not show up. That's what it sounds like anyway. I wonder if the PS team is so busy with PSO2, that they don't have the resources to "fix" the issue of PSPo2/Infinity not being compatible right now. And then they would make their fans upset if they halted PSO2 development to fix one of their "lesser" portable games. Sega as a company is huge, but I don't think one group can do the work that another group started, especially if they have projects of their own to work on. At least that's how I see it.

Not sure when they had Vita devkits but it seems like something they should have taken care of BEFORE the Vita was released, as now they're leaving Meseta on the table literally! ^_^;

It would show up. The download list is the same whether you access it on vita, ps3, or psp. The download list never changes.

They can pull items from being sold on the store to prevent further sales, but they can't prevent you from re-downloading games you have already purchased. The screenshot i provided was the download list, not the store listing.

blace
Mar 29, 2012, 04:26 PM
The game may have been pulled off the the store, and it'll show under the list of downloads, but still doesn't work for US or JP.

Akaimizu
Mar 29, 2012, 06:06 PM
Yeah. The bigger problem is that regardless of whether you can try to attempt a direct download on PS3, and transfer, the transfer will not work unless it exists in the store. So no, there is no way to get it on the non-European account Vita right now.

Emp
Mar 29, 2012, 06:38 PM

It would show up. The download list is the same whether you access it on vita, ps3, or psp. The download list never changes.

They can pull items from being sold on the store to prevent further sales, but they can't prevent you from re-downloading games you have already purchased. The screenshot i provided was the download list, not the store listing.

Learn to read awaiken. She was mentioning the Vita, plus this thread is clearly about the Vita. PS Store and Download list look very different on the Vita.

Only games and items, that are compatible with the Vita and are purchased on the Playstation Store on the vita, purchased on the Vita, will show up on the download list. Phantasy Star portable 2 doesnt show up on my download list on my Vita.

zombiemoshpit84
Mar 29, 2012, 07:19 PM
glad i saw this before i got a vita. it almost seems like sony is punishing us. one would think they would want our money. i will make the hop to vita ether as soon as they fix the problem or pso2 comes out.

johnwolf
Mar 29, 2012, 08:20 PM
glad i saw this before i got a vita. it almost seems like sony is punishing us. one would think they would want our money. i will make the hop to vita ether as soon as they fix the problem or pso2 comes out.

i support this message.

Emp
Mar 29, 2012, 10:04 PM

They do want your money but it the portable series, prolly online series as well, is not a well known series outside of Asia.

blace
Mar 29, 2012, 11:15 PM
They do want your money but it the portable series, prolly online series as well, is not a well known series outside of Asia.
Doesn't help at all how neglected the western version is. With that said, they probably threw it out and the fact that it works on EU PSN is probably a fluke as well.

Only until recently have I noticed a slight increase in new players, probably came with the decline in hackers, but with that said, it's only starting to look up. Although it is a rather fruitless attempt to get the game going again.

Akaimizu
Apr 1, 2012, 05:53 AM
If it ran on the Vita here, I guarantee it would've gotten a lot more users. On the other hand, it would've destroyed Dungeon Hunter sales (or at least forced a price drop).

But companies do make bad gambles, either way. Just like how Squaresoft missed a major opportunity to become a Major player in the 3D fighting game genre by *punishing* Western players from a release of Tobal 2. An act that punished game players and Squaresoft themselves. That act pretty much put a decisive instant nail in the newly-made coffin of their presence in the 3D fighting market completely.

Rauten
Apr 1, 2012, 11:22 AM
the fact that it works on EU PSN is probably a fluke as well.

Just a quick note, it does not work on the EU PSN (trust me, I've tried, oh how I've tried, but the damnable thing won't let me download PSP2 on my Vita).

As far as I know, it only worked for a few days after the Vita's EU release, and it's already been a while since download access to it was removed. I still check daily hoping that it'll be brought back some day, but so far no luck.

iBOCK
Apr 1, 2012, 04:53 PM
I have the digital PSP2 copy but yeah, it's not compatible... Yet. I wish the passport system was in the US so people could transfer their copies or something. Sony is supposedly updating the Vita's firmware this month to bring compatibility to more PSP games, so I really hope PSP2 is on the list. I love that game!

Rauten
Apr 1, 2012, 07:03 PM
I have the digital PSP2 copy but yeah, it's not compatible... Yet. I wish the passport system was in the US so people could transfer their copies or something. Sony is supposedly updating the Vita's firmware this month to bring compatibility to more PSP games, so I really hope PSP2 is on the list. I love that game!

First time I hear about it! Will keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best.

johnwolf
Apr 1, 2012, 10:01 PM
as well as a bring back of the Download it self. though it's so slim i have better chance pooping out gold.

iBOCK
Apr 1, 2012, 10:04 PM
as well as a bring back of the Download it self. though it's so slim i have better chance pooping out gold.
Yeah, it's extremely unfortunate that PSPo2 was completely removed from PSN. I think it had something to do with the Little Wing license not even being needed and pirates were exploiting the online play.

I mean, there's no way a player can be level 200 and have beaten every single boss exactly 1,000 times apiece. A lot of people hacking on PSPo2 weren't even bothering to hide it.

I really liked playing offline though... It was fun to play in short bursts.