PDA

View Full Version : Are the PSO servers still up?

fatelinka
Mar 12, 2012, 12:27 AM
Are the servers still up on PSO for dream cast?

blace
Mar 12, 2012, 02:51 AM
Official? No.

Unofficial private servers? Yes.

Can we talk about them? No.

You'll have greater luck through google or youtube about those servers. That last bit was meant to be rhetorical, as a reminder to not discuss about those.

Sixoul
Mar 13, 2012, 11:55 PM
Why is it against the rules to talk about those servers? I thought there was some loophole that kept them from going down or something. There must be some reason MMO makers aren't shutting down big name private servers for all the various MMOs.

DC_PLAYER
Mar 14, 2012, 12:07 PM
Private servers provide free publicity for the franchise.

For dreamcast, pretty much only 1 server exists and it isn't the one most ppl know, while a popular private server does indeed support dreamcast PSO, it doesn't have updates, connect guides/tools are a joke, has a few bugs and has no one to play, if you find 1 person consider yourself lucky, because you can't play with PSO BB players and playing with GCubers is suicidal (for everyone, not just you), so seeing 200 players means nothing.

Google pso private servers and you will find some.
Also, dreamcast related forums may often support or direct you to the correct server.

Riku208
Mar 15, 2012, 01:06 PM
The severs are still up for the dreamcast u just have to let others know that you are getting on like right now iv'e been playing it offline on dreamcast but id like to play with other ppl but no one still has their dreamcast

fatelinka
Mar 15, 2012, 02:01 PM
So would anyone play with a newbie like me if I bought PSO?

Sixoul
Mar 16, 2012, 12:03 AM
So would anyone play with a newbie like me if I bought PSO?

I might be willing to play PSO again since I need to get back into it if I want to make a PSO Fan made game.

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Mar 17, 2012, 09:27 AM
if i were you, i would just find blue burst and get it, there are loads of people to play with on some of the private servers and the game is much larger.

TemGum
Mar 18, 2012, 03:50 AM
Noooo, but there are private servers...But we are not allowed to talk about dem here

HappierWorlds
Mar 19, 2012, 10:20 AM
Blue Burst or bust. PSO1 is long past. Time to look toward the future.

Riku208
Mar 19, 2012, 02:06 PM
Ill play with u dude message me and ill give u my number and ill play it with u

SELENNA
Mar 31, 2012, 02:29 AM
Like others said, don't bother with the Dreamcast version. Get Blue Burst on PC and find a private server. I'm not sure why we can't talk about it though, it's not like the game is new or anything. It's not really piracy either since the game is no longer on sale and official servers have been shut down years ago.

GreenArcher
Apr 3, 2012, 02:24 PM
Gamecube is still an option. There's a handful of people online usually.

dooby613
Jun 1, 2012, 06:17 AM
Like everyone said go with bb. I'm willing to help anyone as long as you message me on here and let me know where you are.

Angelic Fae
Jun 1, 2012, 06:27 AM
heh I'm still playing pso1 version 1 on dreamcast ^_^
might be a tiny winy bit behind the times eh?

Jun 6, 2012, 12:21 AM
Blue Burst or bust. PSO1 is long past. Time to look toward the future.
if you're insinuating pso2 will replace bb you're gravely mistaken

BIG OLAF
Jun 6, 2012, 01:25 AM

That made me laugh. A lot.

dooby613
Jun 6, 2012, 03:48 AM

LOL, you know it kinda bothers me how often I think you make a good point here.
I played BB in the middle of the closed beta and I felt that the 2 are clearly different enough that they could continue alongside each other.

Jun 9, 2012, 03:06 AM
do you think bb and pso2 are mutually exclusive? does one end where another begins? they are two completely different games, and a good deal of bb players have already stated that they don't give a shit about pso2 so... naturally bb will never has as many players as it did in the glory years of ~2007, but the game has grown in terms of player experience / tactics / strategy exponentially even within the last few months, and has certainly made quantum leaps since 2k7. the players who continue to play bb are getting more into it, and the consistency of the players online (same players showing up) is indicative of the population stabilizing. shows how far removed from the realities of pso you are, but it's unsurprising given the fact that this topic is on psow

Peejay
Jun 9, 2012, 09:15 AM
shows how far removed from the realities of pso you are, but it's unsurprising given the fact that this topic is on psow

This makes me want to slap you. Really, it does. I'm not going to listen to some crazy Right-wing crap about a game that ultimately is dead. I've been watching the private servers and tried out a handful, went and took a look at ALL of them.

Let me tell you when the last updates were made for most.

-two years ago-

If that's active, I hate to see what you think is Inactive. You'd probably be talking about Ragnarok Online, which, for some bizarre reason, is actually still being actively developed. I mean, they even pushed a new homunculus system with catgirls out last year and the servers are catching up on that, and developing their own bloody patches to keep things lively and fresh.

The best part is RO and PSO are around the same age, and you want to call the original PSO, while it was originally good, successful?

Also, a lot of people going into PSO2 withdrawal? Went to BB, because it's the closest thing to PSO2 that doesn't completely suck.

Feel free to call me out on any of this. I'd love to have a chuckle at your implications that I could actually care about more than three people on this entire place.

Jun 9, 2012, 10:42 AM
This makes me want to slap you. Really, it does. I'm not going to listen to some crazy Right-wing crap about a game that ultimately is dead. I've been watching the private servers and tried out a handful, went and took a look at ALL of them.

Let me tell you when the last updates were made for most.

-two years ago-

If that's active, I hate to see what you think is Inactive. You'd probably be talking about Ragnarok Online, which, for some bizarre reason, is actually still being actively developed. I mean, they even pushed a new homunculus system with catgirls out last year and the servers are catching up on that, and developing their own bloody patches to keep things lively and fresh.

The best part is RO and PSO are around the same age, and you want to call the original PSO, while it was originally good, successful?

Also, a lot of people going into PSO2 withdrawal? Went to BB, because it's the closest thing to PSO2 that doesn't completely suck.

Feel free to call me out on any of this. I'd love to have a chuckle at your implications that I could actually care about more than three people on this entire place.

can you tell me how a game is "ultimately dead" when it received updates this christmas and still has hundreds of players on at any given time? also, updates /=/ server activity.

also, not sure where i used successful, i ctrl f'd. "glory years" "successful" are all pretty relative terms anyway, obviously pso is a niche game in the end, and at this point bb (and probably pso2, btw bb was never as successful as v2 /1, protip) won't emulate the success (in this case success, no mater how short lived is an appropriate term given the server population) of the dreamcast games. then again those only received a few updates, so in your opinion a game with tens of thousands of people on is "inactive" by your definition.

Anadventurer
Jun 12, 2012, 12:23 PM
''hundreds of players on at any given time''

You can't be serious. I've checked two private servers. Both of them have anywhere from 20-30 people on including peak times. I've checked a 3rd private server, which is the one considered the most popular. And even for that place, it has anywhere from 129-180 people. That is no where near ''hundreds of players'' XD. And on ''that popular'' server, you will find around 5 ultimate games tops! And again, playing on the weekends still doesn't help. It's so dead there you could be waiting 15 minutes till someone finally joins your game. :lol:

Jun 12, 2012, 11:19 PM
try 220+ at any given time, 300+ on weekends and 500+ during events

cranberry has a very unscientific population study you can look at, but that doesn't really give you a real idea of how many people play.

i have never had problems getting an ultimate game going, but i have a group of friends i can play with. your inability to make friends /=/ the lack of ultimate games. i think throughout pso's history there have never been blocks full of ult games tbqh. you also may be unfortunate enough to not live in the correct time zone to play the game. or maybe you don't want to stay up to play. regardless, the game is alive and fine without you. not like the game needs people like you in the first place, to be honest.

edit: 215 on atm, not including gamecubers and v2ers (which is like what 5-10 people)

catwat
Jun 13, 2012, 05:59 AM
I think he just made a pun about TTF and none got it.

Anadventurer
Jun 13, 2012, 09:23 PM
try 220+ at any given time, 300+ on weekends and 500+ during events

cranberry has a very unscientific population study you can look at, but that doesn't really give you a real idea of how many people play.

i have never had problems getting an ultimate game going, but i have a group of friends i can play with. your inability to make friends /=/ the lack of ultimate games. i think throughout pso's history there have never been blocks full of ult games tbqh. you also may be unfortunate enough to not live in the correct time zone to play the game. or maybe you don't want to stay up to play. regardless, the game is alive and fine without you. not like the game needs people like you in the first place, to be honest.

edit: 215 on atm, not including gamecubers and v2ers (which is like what 5-10 people)

lmfao, whatever you say. I'll let someone else handle this, don't feel like feeding obvious bait anymore.

Ryoki
Jun 13, 2012, 11:41 PM
lmfao, whatever you say. I'll let someone else handle this, don't feel like feeding obvious bait anymore.

*Walks into thread*

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/funny-animal-gifs-animal-gifs-nope.gif

Jun 16, 2012, 03:16 AM
well no one else is posting, i think you should enlighten us all. or will you take a laissez-faire approach and label anything you can't provide a rational argument against "a troll"?

Cranberry
Jun 16, 2012, 12:42 PM
While an update on the population topic hasn't been posted for a while, I have still been keeping the numbers. (The removal of edit abilities has made it hard to keep up the topic). The most popular private server tends to have between 150 - 200 people on it at 9AM pacific time, which is when I check the numbers.

This number goes up and down throughout the day. At the busier times it tends to be around 200 people.

It remains to be seen what affect PSO2 will have on the population.

spade88
Jun 17, 2012, 12:15 AM
While an update on the population topic hasn't been posted for a while, I have still been keeping the numbers. (The removal of edit abilities has made it hard to keep up the topic). The most popular private server tends to have between 150 - 200 people on it at 9AM pacific time, which is when I check the numbers.

This number goes up and down throughout the day. At the busier times it tends to be around 200 people.

It remains to be seen what affect PSO2 will have on the population.

I'm hoping to add on a few more members, but sadly will not be associated with any of those team factions currently active.....

GC Plus will be an every day event for me starting next weekend

VioletSkye
Jun 17, 2012, 05:43 PM
I set up a private PSOBB server for my kids today and they are LOVING it!!! My oldest son used to play PSO on my GameCube years ago and now all three kids can play together on their own pcs which is great. That gives each child 4 character slots and their own signins (so no fighting lol) :)

spade88
Jun 17, 2012, 10:40 PM
I set up a private PSOBB server for my kids today and they are LOVING it!!! My oldest son used to play PSO on my GameCube years ago and now all three kids can play together on their own pcs which is great. That gives each child 4 character slots and their own signins (so no fighting lol) :)

Now if either of my parents back in the day would have done that for me it would be to good to be true.

Wish i owned a private GC server....

JCGamer
Jun 18, 2012, 01:03 PM
its kinda funny how we are not aloud to talk about the private server for the psobb. but yet here we are doing it anyways. I mean there is no big secret to the private servers and Sega is already aware about there action AND still Sega wont bother with old software anyways. a lot the fans of phantasy star online for the dreamcast , gamecube & PC still waiting to go back. Because the fans are still wanting to relive those old good time. Sega biggest mistake was they should never shut it down in the first place. funny huh and yet psoworld have there old records of guide and picture from the game. I learn something about psoworld where two young gamer made this website base on the fun of Phantasy star and discussion. now look how thing have changed for this website. I think psoworld is more like sega company than a fan base website like use to be. now these we cant be are self we cant speak are mind anymore... oh wait u cant say that on here...blah blah. oh wait your not aloud to do this on here... blah blah....or post been locked..... blah blah blah.. *sight* what ever happen to good old day when psoworld was that great -.- back then

I like to say is there no harm done to talk about private server. My favorite Private server is *removed*. The gm from there is always nice help the ppl with mag bug problem and Larva always there fix the server all the time. most all my friends from Ultima psobb
we get Happy hour and Rare Monster Events. Larva come up with new event each year. keeping the hacker and other things just to be safe to play. like I said there no big secret

spade88
Jun 18, 2012, 01:15 PM
its kinda funny how we are not aloud to talk about the private server for the psobb. but yet here we are doing it anyways. I mean there is no big secret to the private servers and Sega is already aware about there action AND still Sega wont bother with old software anyways. a lot the fans of phantasy star online for the dreamcast , gamecube & PC still waiting to go back. Because the fans are still wanting to relive those old good time. Sega biggest mistake was they should never shut it down in the first place. funny huh and yet psoworld have there old records of guide and picture from the game. I learn something about psoworld where two young gamer made this website base on the fun of Phantasy star and discussion. now look how thing have changed for this website. I think psoworld is more like sega company than a fan base website like use to be. now these we cant be are self we cant speak are mind anymore... oh wait u cant say that on here...blah blah. oh wait your not aloud to do this on here... blah blah....or post been locked..... blah blah blah.. *sight* what ever happen to good old day when psoworld was that great -.- back then

I like to say is there no harm done to talk about private server. My favorite Private server is *removed*. The gm from there is always nice help the ppl with mag bug problem and Larva always there fix the server all the time. most all my friends from Ultima psobb
we get Happy hour and Rare Monster Events. Larva come up with new event each year. keeping the hacker and other things just to be safe to play. like I said there no big secret

You are very much correct :)

In fact most people now consider making private servers for PSO a hobby more then anything. (certain members on PSO world claim they are associated with sega when in fact sega has publicly stated they are not) - sega just doesn't endorse these new private severs....that doesn't in any way describe how sega feels on their PSO legacy being continued through these private servers

It's to the point where I want to ask PSOWorld directly what their reasoning is behind blocking the mentioning of private servers when sega themselves doesn't even endorse the PSO world website or forum..

This is why more privately run forums publish these private servers and links more then anything.

Just goes to show you if you try censoring someone it won't stick for long...

I HAVE TO POINT OUT THIS IS PSO-WORLD, AND THEY HAVE THEIR ON POLICIES SO BE VERY MINDFUL OF THEM

(funny how this topic has already received 2,669 viewers)

JCGamer
Jun 18, 2012, 01:49 PM
indeed spade88 indeed agree with u 100% on that one XD

spade88
Jun 18, 2012, 01:54 PM
indeed spade88 indeed agree with u 100% on that one XD

Thank you, I do try to cover most of my bases here and their...lol

On my forum I lifted all the restriction on conversation and posts that regard private servers. (my forum is a censor free forum with links to most private servers)

But enough talk on that, no need to advertise something when I can PM you about it..lol

As it stands their are a lot of great private servers out their keeping the PSO legacy alive :)

Aug 29, 2012, 12:44 AM

okay, so has pso1 been "replaced" by pso2 yet?

jw

blace
Aug 29, 2012, 12:53 AM
okay, so has pso1 been "replaced" by pso2 yet?

jw
You do realize that you're replying to a thread that hasn't been active in two months? Also not to mention that you're replying to something two pages back.

So much for being the #1 poster.

Aug 29, 2012, 01:30 AM
You do realize that you're replying to a thread that hasn't been active in two months? Also not to mention that you're replying to something two pages back.

So much for being the #1 poster.

thankfully bumping a thread in order to prove a point i made a few pages before (pso2 is now in the open, as apposed to how it was in closed beta when those old posts were made) makes sense given that a new thread with a quote and a few words is inane. being the #1 poster, i know that starting threads should be reserved for longer posts.

thank you for your understanding,
-#1 psow poster

blace
Aug 29, 2012, 01:34 AM
I can say that one certain server isn't standing as strong as it was a few months ago. But there were a few more servers springing up, mainly the troublesome hacker that has been causing grief in ship 2 now hosts his own PSO server.

I don't see the game dying, I just expect to see some decline as time goes on.

Neirene
Aug 29, 2012, 03:33 AM
You cannot mix pears with apples PSO is completely diferent to PSO2 itself.
And now lately i was also playing PSOBB more often than PSO2 and also PSOGC which is still great too online as well!

The game is still very alive for me and reminds me to better times were we didnt had to worry about stuff like separate servers, credit card banning, IP blocks and rude people it makes me feel very nostalgic and that nostalgia is the one that keeps me playing the game.

Unfortunatelly not as many people is interested on PSO anymore and that makes me very sad. When SEGA closed PSOBB in december of 2010 it was a very hard hit for me as being the last official PSO game being active.

Then seeing the real creators of the game Takao Miyoshi and Yuki Naja leave the company and add a new production team that is more closed-minded its not gonna help the series to succeed either...

TheBFace
Aug 29, 2012, 11:46 AM
PSO #1 :B

gigawuts
Aug 29, 2012, 12:04 PM

Was this difficult? I've considered doing this myself, to keep from losing everything. Private servers managed by other people can be shut down, GC memory cards can die, but something like a locally managed server is easy to back up.

VioletSkye
Aug 29, 2012, 12:21 PM
It was a piece of cake. The server I set up is specifically for PSOBB, but there are servers out there that work great with the GC version of PSO also. I started with a server that was primarily for GC (which was years ago) and just a few months ago got the urge to look around for a PSOBB server that I could run on my own home network for my kids and I and thus far it has been flawless :)

Aug 29, 2012, 05:19 PM
You cannot mix pears with apples PSO is completely diferent to PSO2 itself.

that's exactly what i'm trying to illustrate / say two pages back. i think it's safe to say games rarely ever "die", even stuff like shadows of yserbius is still playable online. a dent in the population has happened, but it's definitely not going to ruin anyone's offline / online gaming experience.

i can't say i like this new iteration of psp2 / watered down monster hunter, so i will still not play "pso"2 or call it a replacement by any means. i guess if that's people's cup of tea it's fine, but as said a few pages back "pso"2 does not copy the game's core mechanics so it can never be a suitable REPLACEMENT. it'll be interesting to see the mainstream reaction to the game, that's for certain: players who grew up on pso expecting more of the same / improvement (whatever that is really varies on an individual level, but a quick look at the neoseeker forums or these will give you an idea of what people wanted out of a new version) / people who grew up on games similar to pso /after it that will play it to see what the fuss is about.

TheBFace
Aug 29, 2012, 08:08 PM
:B?!?!

spade88
Aug 30, 2012, 05:24 AM
that's exactly what i'm trying to illustrate / say two pages back. i think it's safe to say games rarely ever "die", even stuff like shadows of yserbius is still playable online. a dent in the population has happened, but it's definitely not going to ruin anyone's offline / online gaming experience.

i can't say i like this new iteration of psp2 / watered down monster hunter, so i will still not play "pso"2 or call it a replacement by any means. i guess if that's people's cup of tea it's fine, but as said a few pages back "pso"2 does not copy the game's core mechanics so it can never be a suitable REPLACEMENT. it'll be interesting to see the mainstream reaction to the game, that's for certain: players who grew up on pso expecting more of the same / improvement (whatever that is really varies on an individual level, but a quick look at the neoseeker forums or these will give you an idea of what people wanted out of a new version) / people who grew up on games similar to pso /after it that will play it to see what the fuss is about.

I could not have said it better myself..

right on!

DC_PLAYER
Aug 30, 2012, 06:10 AM
Ragol.co.uk in a given point accepted the discussion of private servers, made conversations alot easier, we could anounce events, specific server problems.... (still no cheats were allowed to be advertised)
However, given that 1 server in specific practices scam related activies with the donations then it was simply censored.

PSO-word decision isn't by all means a bad one, for once they avoid ppl from redirecting users to said scams, but again, not all servers are that bad.

May0
Oct 28, 2012, 09:51 PM
I think he just made a pun about TTF and none got it.

You beat me to it.

on topic- there's a lot of good games out there so its actually quite surprising for me that PSOBB private servers have as many players as it do. Cult hit as it is there are games that are like PSO that do what it did better (arguably PSO2 would fall into that category but I was't referring to that game in particular).

The main reason I played PSO as long as did was because I only had access to dial up up until 2011 and PSO actually runs quite well on dial up if you can believe that.

Crazyleo
Oct 29, 2012, 07:48 AM
I can. When the Dreamcast came out, it only had a 56.6K modem. So it stands to reason that when they made PSOv1, they had to make it in such a way that allowed smooth game play on dial-up speeds of the day.

JCGamer
Oct 30, 2012, 02:29 PM
I think I said this before couple of post. yes we not ALOUD to talk about pso private server in this forum but here we are talking about anyways HAHAHAHA but the thing is that pso private server is no big secret and not mush of a private server now because there kinda open for everyone to enjoy the game of old pso

now fatelinka here something you need to be aware of these so call private server. even tho they do play like the real psobb. but only down fall is they can be very buggy at time but not always at 100% and the game play is the same but not the drop table because they are not always 100% or the sector id and because most the these privater psobb server sometime alter the pso game and sometime they never go to plan. I understand that you only care for is good game of pso and relived the moment. but wont hurt for you to relvied like in the old days. like SilentWanderer said PSO1 is long past. Time to look toward the future. iin some point yes but we can look back of the past and braces it once again and relived phantasy star online once again and never forgotten :)

Crazyleo
Oct 30, 2012, 04:03 PM
Me personally, I would LOVE to play PSO2. But unfortunately, my computer won't be able to handle it.

As for PSU, I never even gave it a try; mainly because I didn't have a computer at the time it was running. (nor a 360 either). The closest game I've played in that setting was PSP.2. With all the rampant hacking going on, I quickly got out of there.

So, for me; the only PS online game I can play is PSO.

JCGamer
Oct 30, 2012, 07:43 PM
Me personally, I would LOVE to play PSO2. But unfortunately, my computer won't be able to handle it.

As for PSU, I never even gave it a try; mainly because I didn't have a computer at the time it was running. (nor a 360 either). The closest game I've played in that setting was PSP.2. With all the rampant hacking going on, I quickly got out of there.

So, for me; the only PS online game I can play is PSO.^^Indeed I feel your pain I have many of my freind dont have the money to invest good pc. most the them now is playing psobb. its kinda funny that sega did a early shutdown for psu becuase on the PSOBB in japan was on going for every long time until they shut it down in 2009 for the up coming of Phantasy star portable 2 after they release Phantasy star zero. but not everything goes to plan foe everyone. so I still play pso right now with my freinds and yes pso2 is good game. but I rather be with my friend that do play psobb and enjoy there company.I do play pso2 but its not fun playing without My friend not being there just wont be the same yah know

Link1275
Oct 30, 2012, 08:14 PM

So, for me; the only PS online game I can play is PSO.
PSO didn't have the same or similar rampant hacking that PSP2 has?

Crazyleo
Oct 31, 2012, 09:33 AM
PSO didn't have the same or similar rampant hacking that PSP2 has?

Maybe back in the day. But at the time when PSO was in its hey day, I was playing PSOGC offline, so I was unaffected.

I heard it was worse on the DC.

Link1275
Oct 31, 2012, 12:00 PM
Maybe back in the day. But at the time when PSO was in its hey day, I was playing PSOGC offline, so I was unaffected.

I heard it was worse on the DC.
Now DC V.1 I can easily believe being the worst of the series for hacking.

gigawuts
Oct 31, 2012, 01:03 PM
I think it was bad in DC, but only because they hadn't been able to prepare for what the players would do. V2 was also still pretty limited in how different the whole system could be, so it could stay linked with v1.

For the GC version, though, there was no excuse. They had time and the capability to resolve almost every issue, but many remained intact afaik. The fact that they left known issues alone is far worse than leaving in unknown issues.

Kroniedon
Nov 1, 2012, 10:15 PM
I think it was bad in DC, but only because they hadn't been able to prepare for what the players would do. V2 was also still pretty limited in how different the whole system could be, so it could stay linked with v1.

For the GC version, though, there was no excuse. They had time and the capability to resolve almost every issue, but many remained intact afaik. The fact that they left known issues alone is far worse than leaving in unknown issues.

GC and all of the console versions in general were very limited to what they could prevent. It's not because of cross compatibility or how they're linked or any of that. It's because the console versions (PC is included with the console versions) do quite a bit client sided and have very little interaction with the server compared to BB.

Any hack that modified the users own data was unpreventable. Item creation, level alteration, etc was unpreventable because none of this data actually went through the server, no matter what the cheat method was. As for the glitches, SEGA did release PSO+ to fix a lot of those. It also patched quite a few of the fatal exploits, but there were just so many ways to crash PSO and cause grief to others.

Malicious hacks, and a few beneficial ones, that caused alteration to other players data was just as unstoppable at the time. The way these worked was one user would force a data packet into the server and the server would then relay those packets to the other clients, where once received by the console, they'd have their effects. There were 2 big issues here. The first one is in the case of Legititmate hacks, or hacks that used legitimate data packets for hacking purposes, such as forced warp. The only way to resolve these hacks were to null these commands in the server... of course this would render warps, and various other things useless and broken as in the console versions, there was no way to tell the difference between hack and real. The other issue was with malicious hacks, such as forced FSOD. These relied on various command types, of which I'm not going to go into detail. Suffice it to say, there were just so many different ways to cause grief to others, that it was hard to keep up with them all. In some private server software, well at least one to my knowledge =P , this is remedied by having commands sent and received compared to a list of "normal" commands. If an abnormal command is received, the server intercepts and nulls it rendering it useless.

Now, some of these issues SEGA did try to correct with PSO+. To my knowledge, it fixed all known bugs and glitches in the GC version while also providing some decent protection against some of the more malicious hacks. This was really the only thing they could have done at the time. They did their best with what they could at the time.

When it comes to games and hacking though, it all comes down to one principle; If it exists, it's hackable. Some things are harder to hack than others, but everything is hackable, and so long as technology exists, hackers are gonna hack. For gaming, so long as video games exist, be it online or off, there will always be hackers both the good, the bad, and the ugly. It's sad, but it's true.

Ok, that was all a bit longer than I expected it to be, though it could have been a lot longer had I gone into detail. :-P Just thought I'd clear up this misconception. :)