PDA

View Full Version : Max DPS Weapon

HUcast Omega
Mar 12, 2012, 06:16 PM
So I've been wondering for some time now as to which weapon could provide the highest DPS. A Foie Haze with Lv. 4 Celeb and an Element Boost, or a Clair Doubles which has Lv. 2 Celeb with a Hunter's Shell and an Element Boost.
The Foie Haze has faster attack speed, but the Clair Doubles has greater attack power. Which weapon has the highest DPS?

Add: Also, these weapons are at max grind, and there are no other items equipped other than what I listed with the weapons.

DoctorShanks
Mar 12, 2012, 07:00 PM
There's a formula in my signature that explains that a HUnewm with a Lv3 Celeb Gigas Romulus is stronger than a HUcast wielding a Clair Doubles.

This is a tricky one... no doubt Daggers and Double-Sabers are the best single-target weapons in the game. Daggers are a little easier to control while Double Sabers have higher ATP. You could even argue their usefulness with PA's like Cross Rave or Over End or Bite Stamp or Earth Bullet or even Flame Hit.

If we're talking about the Double Saber and the Foie Haze, I think it depends heavily on the situation. An Izharak or Finjer can easily escape the 3rd hit of a Double Saber whereas the 3rd hit of a dagger makes the first attack rather quickly therefore pausing the hostiles movements. Enemies that don't move too often like the Derreo or Froutang and guys like that will probably be hit harder with Double Sabers.

Reverse Kill is an amazing ranged Photon Art for Daggers (the other two Dagger PA's are useful to an extent too), however, the Double Sabers don't really have good PA's. I mean, they're usable; Cyclone Run acts as a weaker Serpent Air, and Million Rave is . . . just Million Rave (I'm not saying Million Rave is bad, it's actually one of the game's better PA's). Tornado Dance is just as problematic as Mobile PA's such as Spear Rider, which means you're lucky to hit more than once with it, which means it's not a good PA at all.

If I had to guess, I would say Foie Haze for simplicity and Lv5 Celeb. I don't know how to use the damage calculator so if someone could compare the Lv5 Celeb Foie Haze and the Lv3 Clair Doubles / Lv4 Gigas Romulus . . ..

HUcast Omega
Mar 12, 2012, 08:09 PM
I would love to do the testing myself, but there is no way I'm going to ask someone to borrow a Clair Doubles and/or a Hunter's Shell. I have a Foie Haze with Celeb Lv. 4 + Element Boost and I do a max of 401 (?) damage to the toads in Paru on SH without buffs. While I desire a pure power build, I also love maxxing out DPS just to show how well I can defeat enemies. (While using smart tactics to keep myself alive.)

Cyst
Mar 12, 2012, 08:52 PM
I would love to do the testing myself, but there is no way I'm going to ask someone to borrow a Clair Doubles and/or a Hunter's Shell. I have a Foie Haze with Celeb Lv. 4 + Element Boost and I do a max of 401 (?) damage to the toads in Paru on SH without buffs. While I desire a pure power build, I also love maxxing out DPS just to show how well I can defeat enemies. (While using smart tactics to keep myself alive.)

I have like a 2 slot Hunter Shell that I don't even want. But in exchange, I ask that you do some runs with me. My FOney is getting lonely and I've been searching forever for a WiFi partner :P

HUcast Omega
Mar 12, 2012, 09:06 PM
I have like a 2 slot Hunter Shell that I don't even want. But in exchange, I ask that you do some runs with me. My FOney is getting lonely and I've been searching forever for a WiFi partner :P

That's kind of you, but I need the Doubles more than anything for the test. The armor is just for that extra pinch of damage. As for joining you online, I'd love to play online with you, and though the PSZ-Revival isn't accepting people right now, I can share your friend code with the people there so you'll have a big group to play with, so long as they put in your friend code. You should find everyone's code on the PSZ-Revival page, even if you aren't a member.

Cyst
Mar 12, 2012, 09:19 PM
That's kind of you, but I need the Doubles more than anything for the test. The armor is just for that extra pinch of damage. As for joining you online, I'd love to play online with you, and though the PSZ-Revival isn't accepting people right now, I can share your friend code with the people there so you'll have a big group to play with, so long as they put in your friend code. You should find everyone's code on the PSZ-Revival page, even if you aren't a member.

Okay. Yeah I hope I get to join relatively soon...I feel so isolated D: