PDA

View Full Version : Help with GCN Ep 1&2 import on Wii

eselv
Mar 12, 2012, 09:35 PM
Hello, I still have my copies of PSO v1.1 and PSO+, both Japanese editions (great times). I have a soft-modded wii that can play japanese region games and would like to check out my characters again. However, when I boot my imported PSO+ (with my japanese memory card) it is going to a screen in Japanese with 2 options.

I am worried that one of the 2 options on this initial screen is to format the memory card. I really can't remember what it says on this screen. Will my memory card with my old characters still work on my Wii or are PSO saves on GCN tied to the console (like I seem to remember the DC version was)? If I can use these characters on the Wii, anyone know what the first screen that pops up is asking? Should I select the first or second option?

Thanks in advance! I'd hate to lose all my equipment and characters all these years later.

MAD1b
Mar 12, 2012, 11:17 PM
They are not tied to console, at least not in the American versions. Not sure what the screens say. Those option screens only usually come up when you play PSO on a memory card for the first time or are going online. You could take a picture of the screen and ask somebody what it says or try to translate it yourself with the internet. Sorry I can't help more.

eselv
Mar 13, 2012, 01:14 AM
Your reply got me thinking and I went to read the memory card on the Wii (not in PSO) and it told me it had to be formatted. I think the issue is the US wii cannot read memory cards formatted to JP settings. So I need to modify the Wii to read this memory card somehow. Will research on the internet...
I recognized the screen as a first time setup screen like you said which is why I didn't want to push either option as formatting this card would kind of kill my urge to play some PSO.
Thanks for the reply

LoveRappy
Mar 13, 2012, 11:47 AM
i know for sure that a US Wii can read memory cards formatted with JP saves, because i have played GC imports on my US Wii.

if the Wii and game is prompting for a format, it sounds like the data is corrupted.

Link1275
Mar 13, 2012, 01:44 PM
I know for a fact that it asks you to correct the date and time and if you're card is corrupt then you have to format it.

JamesM
May 16, 2012, 12:01 PM
Probably the screen asking you to use or not Progressive Mode.
If you use Component cables, thats it.

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
May 19, 2012, 02:24 PM
It's probably either the progressive scan screen or the date and time screen, I've seen both of those on my English version of the game.