PDA

View Full Version : Kid Icarus Uprising

Ark22
Mar 15, 2012, 07:12 PM
So I bought the game, getting it on the 23rd. Really fun game just google it you will find tons of stuff but I will link videos to show info.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XKP9Cn0XxU

Anywho, I need teammates for the online mode. Anyone getting it?

Rashiid
Mar 15, 2012, 07:20 PM
I do plan on getting it, but not day 1 only because I'm saving money for something else that requires a much larger sum. It looks very, very nice though. I do enjoy the fact that the more ass you whoop, the harder the game gets on its own.

Shinji Kazuya
Mar 16, 2012, 05:47 AM
Mine is pre-ordered for some weeks now. Will arrive March 30 or around that date.

AdmiralPit
Mar 16, 2012, 10:25 AM
I never thought anyone would even talk about this amazing-looking game here. You can count me in on March 23rd since I have it pre-ordered at Gamestop. I do want to take a bit of time to do some of the story first, though, maybe all of it so I'll be more prepared for online, and to get used to the controls at the same time.

Ugh, just 1 final week left of waiting!

darkante
Mar 16, 2012, 10:56 AM
Already pre-orderded...now my friend canīt tease me with his copy. Lol

NoiseHERO
Mar 16, 2012, 11:07 AM
I assume this game with be like kingdom hearts mixed with megaman with zelda weapons and metroid prime hunters-like wi-fi gameplay.

So that means It's an automatic must buy for me once I get a 3DS. D:

Ark22
Mar 16, 2012, 12:38 PM
Alright so if you guys want to play online with me PLEASE add me, we could start a group.

1547-5195-3597

Oh and I am gonna go through the story way before online haha

Akaimizu
Mar 16, 2012, 12:41 PM
If I could, I would've pre-ordered the thing when the 3DS and game was announced. Am I in on Kid Icarus? You bet your bottom dollar, I'm in on Kid Icarus. It was and is my most anticipated 3DS title mentioned at launch.

darkante
Mar 16, 2012, 01:10 PM
I loved getting trolled into a 3DS for MML3. D:
At least there are a bunch of coming things i want. :D

AdmiralPit
Mar 16, 2012, 02:15 PM
I don't mind joining. I mean this game was the sole reason why I got a 3DS.

0903-2895-3694

Like I said, I'll be exploring Story mode first and all, maybe gather a few weapons and powers along the way.

Ark22
Mar 16, 2012, 04:46 PM
Alrighty, I shall add you in the next 2 minutes.

Kent
Mar 16, 2012, 06:38 PM
I plan on getting this as soon as I get a 3DS (which may not actually be any time soon).

I assume this game with be like kingdom hearts mixed with megaman with zelda weapons and metroid prime hunters-like wi-fi gameplay.

So that means It's an automatic must buy for me once I get a 3DS. D:
Judging by the gameplay and what I've read, it's more accuractely described as Sin & Punishment, Virtual-On and Diablo, mashed into one game, with 3-on-3 team limited-respawn deathmatch.

The Diablo aspect I only first heard about in an Iwata Asks article. Apparently, the game has tons of loot (in both NaviCust-style equippable abilities and the massive array of weaponry - there's also crafting, and StreetPass implementation in gathering crafting materials from other people), and it sounds amazing.

There's also an interesting difficulty slider... The normal, default difficulty level is 2.0. The slider goes all the way up to 9.0. To increase the difficulty level though, you have to wager hearts (the in-game currency you get from selling weapons, killing enemies, winning multiplayer, etc.) - but naturally, increased difficulty levels mean more, better loot, more hearts, but much more challenge.

So basically, this thing is damn near everything I've ever wanted in a game - it just needs (online) co-op and randomized dungeons for the on-foot sessions, and Nintendo can have all of my goddamned money.

AdmiralPit
Mar 16, 2012, 06:49 PM
Yep, the difficulty slider is called Fiend's Cauldron. What I also like about it is that unlike many games, when you beat a chapter (or level, w/e they call em in the other games), you don't get rewarded with something lame like a trophy or achievement, but rather you could get stronger weapons, or basic weapons with great additional effects for use not only in the story, but in Multiplayer as well.

I could probably answer some other questions if needed to.

Ark22
Mar 16, 2012, 09:13 PM
Well it is online...Plus the Cauldron makes it feel like a randomized dungeon with the amount of difficulty thrown at you (and maybe different enemies).