PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about buying PSP2

madhatta317
Mar 21, 2012, 02:08 PM
I was an avid pso player back in the day and i find myself back in the mood to play. I dont think I can go back to PSO, one can only repeat episode 1 and 2 so many times. I'm considering going back to ******** but im also considering getting this game.

My question is how good is this game compared to PSO. Im also considering getting PSU for 360 but am a little turned off by the monthly fee. I guess im looking for a PSOvsPSUvsPSP2 comparison.

blace
Mar 21, 2012, 03:29 PM
To put it mildly, this game is what PSU should've been. Of course the issue with that is the servers have no protection of any kind and hackers and such run rampant.

Improvements over PSO would be, multi weapon combinations(like handgun and saber), targeting lock, being able to move while using your handgun, Photon Arts for flashy finishers, and blocking.

There's more, but it's nothing you won't learn during the first chapter of the game.

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Mar 21, 2012, 03:32 PM
PSO Is the same as its always been. There's always Blue Burst, lol.

PSU has a monthly fee, but its only like $9, iirc. If you're into importing, the JP version on PC is waaaay ahead of the Xbox 360 in terms of Content. Its in Japanese, sure, but there are plenty of guides to help with that.

PSPo2 in my personal experience has been the best so far. Aside from it being on a handheld, (Which was my only problem) the game play is solid. Kinda brings the better aspects of both PSU, PSO, and even PS Zero. Plays mostly like PSU, but the tweaks made combat feel fresh. There's also the expansion for the Japanese version (See importing JP PSU), PSPo2i. The community for the US Server is somewhat small, but helpful.

Anyway, those are your options, and my opinions. Pick whichever is best for you, but more importantly have fun. ;D

madhatta317
Mar 21, 2012, 04:52 PM
Sweet Imma definitely hit up PSPo2 then. Is the US community at least big enough to always find (legit) people to play with?

blace
Mar 21, 2012, 05:00 PM
You'll find people, but most are seasoned players and are most likely alternate characters. The few new players that join usually ask to be hacked.

madhatta317
Mar 21, 2012, 10:05 PM
You'll find people, but most are seasoned players and are most likely alternate characters. The few new players that join usually ask to be hacked.

Nah I want to play legit for sure, as long as i have people to play with seasoned or not ill be good, ill probably play some pso too on the side

SenpaiX
Mar 23, 2012, 09:14 PM
Beware of the children asking for pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee hack me to lv 250 with Nano blast form and stuff.

BlueCast Boy
Mar 23, 2012, 11:42 PM
I'll get this game again, I miss playing PSP2... I'll start all over again from the start...

fatelinka
Mar 24, 2012, 12:33 AM
Since your gettin PSP2 ill play with ya! Ima legit an I can introduce you to some other legits.

DeathDragon2332
Mar 24, 2012, 12:49 AM
PSP2 is great. I just wish it was like PSP1 I don't like the annoying combo system and I am just really use to PSU. If PSP2 was the same as PSP1 but with all the content PSP2 has it would be so much better.

blace
Mar 24, 2012, 12:52 AM
The chain system? It's not that bad, it encourages to do more than just spam the PA's over and over.

SenpaiX
Mar 24, 2012, 09:43 AM
When im on PSP2 US I will show you a few ligits to play with, just dont be getting hacked and your trying to be ligit. I saw a few low level ligits and that might be your crew, trust me when I say this you wana have your partner card line up with your level and back up your save.

:-x I still recall the chaos I had under that Elizabeth save, I kept getting kicked from ligit rooms until I said heck with delete and new save.

thunder-ray
Mar 26, 2012, 12:46 AM
I would like to buy this game but sadly the playstation vita doesnt support umd type games which sucks.

johnwolf
Mar 28, 2012, 08:36 PM
ok PS-P is basicly PSU sept on a handheld from what i get from it. there could be some inovations but i don't know exactly what those are because i don't have that game. you can't go online in PS-P but you can use Adhoc party to get around this but most are playing MHFU on there. PS-P2 is in PSU story but the inovations in this game is pritty good and change things up. they add some stuff and get rid of some stuff. it's a much cleaner game but it's pritty barren online. still you can have fun in the Adhoc mode with the npc's and still play on the Urgent missions (not sure if you can play on all of them though.) it's fun and a good game. it be great if it picked up again but with PSO2 coming to vita (i don't know if we'll get it though) it's not likely.