PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 First Time jumping online. Help me out?

Sparks Zeta
Mar 21, 2012, 04:14 PM
Hello!

After a few months i decided to pick up Phantasy Star Portable 2 again. After my play through of story mode, I was looking forward to play online. Everyone is Two-Hundred..

I read up on some of the posts here, and there Hackers roaming the game? What are they capable of, and what can they do your account? Besides their partner card being obviously modded like hell, Is there any way i could tell who is a hacker? I want to know in Advance so i don't have to worry about coming across any..

Also, I'm looking for some legitimate people to play this with.. I don't know who to trust online. D: (I mostly play offline.) I'm level 50.

Thank you!

blace
Mar 21, 2012, 04:19 PM
Colorful names, any name that isn't white or uses chat only symbols have been hacked. There's also the things like looking like an NPC or the nanoblast forms.

There are also some players who look like a member of another race, but those are harder to find. Like this one occasion I went online, in the party menu before joining there were two B Hunters, joined the party and one of them looks like a Cast using a Human only hair style.

Things like that and the massive amounts of damage done or when they use a PA everything in the area dies.

Just look for anything out of the ordinary like the things I mentioned above.

To keep it short, colored names/symbols in player names, different race look, PA spam death, missions that not meant to be accessible below level range, etc.

Sparks Zeta
Mar 21, 2012, 04:29 PM
Colorful names, any name that isn't white or uses chat only symbols have been hacked. There's also the things like looking like an NPC or the nanoblast forms.

There are also some players who look like a member of another race, but those are harder to find. Like this one occasion I went online, in the party menu before joining there were two B Hunters, joined the party and one of them looks like a Cast using a Human only hair style.

Things like that and the massive amounts of damage done or when they use a PA everything in the area dies.

Just look for anything out of the ordinary like the things I mentioned above.

To keep it short, colored names/symbols in player names, different race look, PA spam death, missions that not meant to be accessible below level range, etc.

So pretty much everything that is Broken/Unavailable? Got it.

In other posts, People were saying to "Keep a backup of your data" and Stuff.
They can go into your Account, or what?

Malice913150
Mar 21, 2012, 04:36 PM
what can happen is that theyll hack the room into making monsters max out your level. or they can make your level 0, which in either case would severely ruin your fun D:

Sparks Zeta
Mar 21, 2012, 05:12 PM
what can happen is that theyll hack the room into making monsters max out your level. or they can make your level 0, which in either case would severely ruin your fun D:

Eesh. That sounds awful. Where's the fun in that?

Ame
Mar 21, 2012, 05:37 PM
a run down of dark codes...corrupt partnercard id mod,lvl.0 & instant lvl. boosts that do not have an off switch.best to back up your data after about 5 lvls. per-run.do not except there partnercard unless you feel they are of no threat.some are kind,but others are darker than anything.

OldCoot
Mar 23, 2012, 12:36 PM
I avoided the games with maxed players and especially if they are promoting hacking.

As Ame said above save your data before you log online. I just took my save file and copied to my computer. If had no problems then I moved on but if there was something strange I just copied that save back onto the PSP. By saving ahead of time there isn't much they can do and you can just restore things back to how they were.

awaiken
Mar 26, 2012, 10:43 PM
Hello!

After a few months i decided to pick up Phantasy Star Portable 2 again. After my play through of story mode, I was looking forward to play online. Everyone is Two-Hundred..

I read up on some of the posts here, and there Hackers roaming the game? What are they capable of, and what can they do your account? Besides their partner card being obviously modded like hell, Is there any way i could tell who is a hacker? I want to know in Advance so i don't have to worry about coming across any..

Also, I'm looking for some legitimate people to play this with.. I don't know who to trust online. D: (I mostly play offline.) I'm level 50.

Thank you!

I'm a legit player, I'm at level 10 if you want to get together, pm me if you'd like I'll setup a private party.

johnwolf
Mar 27, 2012, 12:57 PM
funny thing is, we'd out number the hackers if we got online. hardly anyone is one and like 10 hackers are online. and pritty much anyone there has color lettering.

NicorTheDuke
Mar 27, 2012, 09:32 PM
Best way to discourage them from joining is have them show their cards after joining

SenpaiX
Apr 4, 2012, 06:35 PM
Its they hack leave and dont save ever, when I created ligit rooms under my other save datas I saw tons of people join rooms with clues they been hacked or what ever. ^^; I was a victim of hacked once, now days I keep clear of hacked and hackers online because they slow down the game.

But a Force class, do ligits even play Force? Every ligit I use to see played Hunter, Ranger or Vanguard.

I wonder what class is yall favorite one as ligit?

Sara-hime
Apr 4, 2012, 08:11 PM
Best way to discourage them from joining is have them show their cards after joining

I agree with this! You'd be surprised how quick a so called legit refuses to give out his/her card when asked. That just casts them in an even brighter negative light, ha ha! :D

But a Force class, do ligits even play Force? Every ligit I use to see played Hunter, Ranger or Vanguard.

Im a legit Force. And I've learned from the best when it comes to being a Force. And I ran into another legit FO user last night (a Princess Zelda) and she could hold her own! Don't count us FO users out yet! ^_-

blace
Apr 4, 2012, 09:57 PM

Can't tell if you're being ignorant or you were just late to the party, but forces although weaker than most in terms of physical attributes, do a great job of handling things. Compared to PSU and the first PSP, you were limited to weapons within that type, but remember in PSPo2 weapon restriction is based on your type level and the points that can be used to use those weapons.

In fact a large number of legitimate players are Force, as opposed to Hunter and Vanguard who are being overused by the hacker population.

DeviFoxx
Apr 5, 2012, 12:25 AM
Can't tell if you're being ignorant or you were just late to the party.

I'd say both, actually. But don't mind him. In many other threads he's expressed his perceived distaste and general bias of Forces without knowing how much damage they're actually capable of causing or how useful they really are.

Most people tend to ignore it and not respond.

Milla
Apr 5, 2012, 07:02 AM
Its they hack leave and dont save ever, when I created ligit rooms under my other save datas I saw tons of people join rooms with clues they been hacked or what ever. ^^; I was a victim of hacked once, now days I keep clear of hacked and hackers online because they slow down the game.

Most legit's just play force to max out their type level, but not many main them. People just tend to play with the other classes because surprise surprise FO's take a lot more work to become a viable class and in most cases just aren't as effective.

That didn't stop me though, call me stubborn but FO is my favorite class and ill stick with it no matter what! XD There is nothing more satisfying then killing one of the dragon bosses with 3 Gizonde's on a low chain.

Ame
Apr 5, 2012, 10:28 AM
i find this to be very amusing since i use VA as my main because it is jack of all trades.already had someone enter my host demanding my card when i already know what they are planing & i tell them this..."you do not deserve my card because when you enter my host w/hostility & intentions of manipulation & stalking i see you as my enemy & my target".sorry,but no more american's are permitted access to my card.i also told some japanese players on psp2i about this & they said keep that off of our server.

Drunk Slayer
Apr 5, 2012, 03:56 PM
Hunter and Vanguard who are being overused by the hacker population.

Even as HU or VA they make the other players waste all their moon atomizers, give them a rod or a wand and there'll be frequent visits to the city.

Can't tell if you're being ignorant

?

You can tell what he's saying?

call me stubborn

You are very stubborn indeed.

As I've withnessed when I used to play with the stubborn girl, FOs are capable of dealing a hell load of damage to a group of enemies or enemies with multiple hit spots just by chaining.

So yeah, FOs are not that useless on the offensive department.

already had someone enter my host demanding my card when i already know what they are planing & i tell them this..."you do not deserve my card because when you enter my host w/hostility & intentions of manipulation & stalking i see you as my enemy & my target".sorry,but no more american's are permitted access to my card.i also told some japanese players on psp2i about this & they said keep that off of our server.

Oh your God!

Ame
Apr 5, 2012, 05:15 PM
Even as HU or VA they make the other players waste all their moon atomizers, give them a rod or a wand and there'll be frequent visits to the city.

?

You can tell what he's saying?

You are very stubborn indeed.

As I've withnessed when I used to play with the stubborn girl, FOs are capable of dealing a hell load of damage to a group of enemies or enemies with multiple hit spots just by chaining.

So yeah, FOs are not that useless on the offensive department.

Oh your God!

more pro then you are.^@^