PDA

View Full Version : My Attempt To Invigorate This Community

Cyst
Mar 23, 2012, 02:55 PM
I'm running out of space in my trunk and joint trunk, and I've gathered some pretty decent items (that will most likely gather dust, since the trading community is so barren). I was thinking, with enough support, I could host nightly events. The event would consist of me doing runs with 2-3 people. Stage will be whatever they vote. We'll complete a run and by the end of it, I'll choose a random weapon I got from the run, and ask the participants to guess the percentages. Whoever makes the most accurate guess will receive that weapon plus a special prize from my trunk (it'll be a pretty decent prize). This event idea serves multiple purposes: to make the community more active, to include people who may not be able to join the revival group, to reward active people with prizes, and for everyone to benefit from the increased drop rates online.

Would you guys like this idea?

DoctorShanks
Mar 23, 2012, 04:29 PM
Seems allright, but the odds of getting a "good" item from a run seems pretty shallow. Not to mention, it seems like about 1/4 of items obtained from drops have blank stats.

[spoiler-box]
Cyst: Okay! Whoever can make the closest guess to the stats on this Diopside that I found gets to keep it!
DoctorShanks: O_o
Norco: :O
Eclipse5632: :V[/spoiler-box]

It's a pretty cool idea, but there is already an organization that donates godly items to new players. One is called "Needz for Noobz" and another is called "DoctorShanks." Last time my Trunk started to fill, I made an announcement saying I would be giving a whole bunch of stuff away, and take a guess at how many people were interested. I ended up selling it all unfortunately, and now after organization, all 4 of my Trunks are clear with enough space for a while. I can offer advice if you want.

The good news is that the Revival is not frozen forever. No matter what happens to it, we will be able to invite in everyone on the waiting list even if I have to step in.

I could go on and on . . . but I don't really think I'm helping at all in this thread other than making the first post. Sorry ^^;

Cyst
Mar 23, 2012, 05:53 PM
Oh, I didn't know about that. :P I would have picked an item from the trunk if I didn't luck out. Well...I'm out of ideas. lol