PDA

View Full Version : Is it even worth payin to play again??

King137
Mar 25, 2012, 11:29 AM
I'm theinking of starting PSU again but idk if its worth it, wut do u all think. and would i even have people to play with?

Dragwind
Mar 25, 2012, 08:25 PM
You'll get varying opinions depending on which version of PSU you're interested in.

padiwac
Mar 26, 2012, 01:40 AM
You'll have plenty to play with on the 360 and despite its shortcomings I think it's worth it.

Keilyn
Mar 26, 2012, 02:04 AM
You'll have plenty to play with on the 360 and despite its shortcomings I think it's worth it.

The only reason one should play on 360 is because everything is written in English and its population is mostly American.

The unique thing that made Phantasy Star great, specially in PSO was being able to know that you had American, European and Japanese ship blocks and that at any time you could meet players from around the world.

The JPN version has importers and a much more diverse population and as far as characters go, much more diversity in choices over weapons, clothing, missions and even play style.

If you choose to play only one character and know the class you wish to play and feel that you can get what you need, you can go Free Course, create four characters each with 60 Item Spaces, and have your 100 Item spaces in your Common Box, and run on one central character without having to pay a dime in monthly fees.

There are a lot of mechanisms in place to make FC actually work well. However, if you like rooms and making lots of characters to arm and keep, then thats when you sub.

But for those who like one central character and is pressed for cash, nothing beats the jpn version.

bloodflowers
Mar 26, 2012, 02:54 AM
There are people to play with, a surprising amount still. However, it's not worth paying for even ignoring the content problems at the moment, due to server lag which makes the game all but unplayable.

They claim they're going to fix it, but this has been going on for months now. I finally quit last night, can't take it anymore - not coming back until they find a solution.

DeathDragon2332
Mar 26, 2012, 02:57 AM
JP yes 360 Fuck no.

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Mar 26, 2012, 04:55 AM
I'd say try JP PSU free course and see how you get on with the certain limitations it has. If you're like me MMO's are great fun but enthusiasm dwindles afetr a while, thus monthly subscriptions might not be worthwhile.

Tifa

padiwac
Mar 26, 2012, 05:28 AM
The lag makes it interesting but not unplayable and its popular because its the only console version available.

DragonForce
Mar 27, 2012, 07:12 AM
PSU isn't fun anymore. SoJ really fucked the american version over and the future of PSU is nothing but reskinned weapons, lag, and more e-daters. Do yourself a favor and wait for PSO2 in a couple months.

XeoΩ
Mar 27, 2012, 08:29 AM
After the two year shut-down of the PC/PS2 servers, I've been itching to get back. So far on 360 I've met a lot of cool people to hang with despite it being connected to the 360 servers. People are a lot more honest on there then they were on the PC/PS2 version.

If you're addicted, like me, you'll enjoy it no matter what version you're on. Even though we are still behind Japan PSU, I still have goals to achieve and can enjoy the game with others. I might try out that free course though. Sounds interesting!