PDA

View Full Version : Optimus Prime heads to the Middle East.

pixelate
Mar 21, 2003, 03:59 AM
Well, kinda...

"National guardman changed his name to a toy

CUYAHOGA FALLS -- A member of Ohio's 5694th National Guard Unit in Mansfield legally changed his name to a Transformers toy.

Optimus Prime is heading out to the Middle East with his guard unit on Wednesday to provide fire protection for airfields under combat.

"On Sunday, we were awarded as the best firefighting unit in the Army National Guard in the entire country," said Prime. "That was a big moment for us."

Prime took his name from the leader of the Autobots Transformers, which were popular toys and a children's cartoon in the 1980s.

He legally changed his name on his 30th birthday and now it's on everything from his driver's licence, to his military ID, to his uniform.

"They razzed me for three months to no end," said Prime. "They really dug into me about it."

"I got a letter from a general at the Pentagon when the name change went through and he says it was great to have the employ of the commander of the Autobots in the National Guard."

Prime says the toy actually filled a void in his life when it came out.

"My dad passed away the year before and I didn't have anybody really around, so I really latched onto him when i was a kid," he said.

-- Reported by Vic Gideon"

http://www.wkyc.com/news/news_fullstory.asp?id=3828

JohnCable
Mar 21, 2003, 05:05 AM
lolita edit: Rule 19: Choose your vocabulary wisely, do not call people "Gay." Whether your using the word offensively or not do not use such slurs. Think before posting.

this is the second time you've done this btw. consider this a verbal warning.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2003-03-21 02:16 ]</font>

JohnCable
Mar 21, 2003, 05:32 AM
I didn't call him gay, I called him a fag. Perhaps related to the fact that he changed his name to Optimus Prime, which, in case you didn't realize, is absofucking retarded.

[Fag, gay, they're still derogatory remarks. I'm giving you a warning for that. And there's no need to talk about sex with members.]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: pixelate on 2003-03-21 12:00 ]</font>

RedFox
Mar 21, 2003, 06:32 AM
im gonna change my name to Disco Boy!!

CajunSamurai
Mar 21, 2003, 06:53 AM
Damn, that's friggin' cool. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

And uh, it was nice knowin' ya, Johnny boy. o_O Au revoir!

SorceressofTime
Mar 21, 2003, 09:40 AM
hehehe *brother behind her*
bro: "heh heh"

*jumps from seat and falls on ground* O.o

BlackRose
Mar 21, 2003, 10:06 AM
o_O

Uh, well, more power to Mr. Prime for doing what he wants...

...this reminds me of that megatron thread a while ago... strange coincidence.

FreakinRican
Mar 21, 2003, 12:33 PM
Fark.com is oh so good

Subliminalgroove
Mar 21, 2003, 03:00 PM
What a dork.

JohnCable
Mar 21, 2003, 04:12 PM
Are you calling me a fag who is gay, pixelate? I'm totally hetero, pal.

PS: How do you know "lolita" doesn't want it? That name alone seems to imply it. Don't get in the way of my booty calls.

pixelate
Mar 21, 2003, 04:31 PM
On 2003-03-21 13:12, JohnCable wrote:
Are you calling me a fag who is gay, pixelate? I'm totally hetero, pal.

PS: How do you know "lolita" doesn't want it? That name alone seems to imply it. Don't get in the way of my booty calls.

No, I'm saying don't call the guy in the story a fag or gay.

Deathscythealpha
Mar 21, 2003, 04:44 PM
Heh, thats cool. Now they need a Private He-man to join him.

DeathCheese87
Mar 21, 2003, 06:12 PM
now, who should change their name to megatron?

JohnCable
Mar 21, 2003, 11:15 PM
[Come on. Have some class when it comes to posting.]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: pixelate on 2003-03-21 20:23 ]</font>

Para
Mar 21, 2003, 11:22 PM
hehe i think its pretty neat. its not like u see it everyday someone names him/herself after a popular cartoon character.

MetaKnight
Mar 26, 2003, 09:25 PM
I applude Mr. Prime. It had been my dream to change my name To Optimus Prime since i was a kid. I grew up on TRANSFORMERS, i still have all of the old episodes!!