PDA

View Full Version : Mat and Mag build for HUnewearl and RAmar

HUcast Omega
Apr 17, 2012, 12:58 PM
I got a second PSZ card, as many of you know already, but I'm using character types I'm unfamiliar with. My HUnewearl can assume many different builds, but I want a melee build that cranks her Evasion to the point nothing can hit me, if it's even possible. I don't think any good will come of maxing out Evasion, as I can only do it with mats and not a mag period, and Shifta only works with the Power from mats and not mags, hence my problem. As for my RAmar, I'm sure he'll be less tricky, but still would like to hear some input just in case. Thanks in advance to everyone that helps me out with this.

DoctorShanks
Apr 17, 2012, 01:09 PM
To maximize the effect of Shifta, I would recommend packing 80 Power mats on your HUnewearl and 100 Power mats on your RAmar. If you need evasion, The Rika's Suit will provide plenty, and Divine/Swifts will help immensely. The mags are entirely up to you, but if you start feeling the burn of missing, try using a mag with more hit (50/50 works fine for a while).

I can try giving a more detailed explanation later. I wrote a RAmar build on the Palette and Unit setups thread, but it is rather outdated. You'll probably want to pack pure Power on your RAmar since he has a huge base accuracy and with Zalure added to the mix, he won't be missing much at all I don't think.

Norco
Apr 17, 2012, 03:42 PM
If you want to experiment with the HUnewearl, you could try a 40 Pow/Eva build and then would your way from there by resetting and testing new things. For the RAmar I would just go for 100 Pow.

Rayvinh
Apr 19, 2012, 08:30 PM
My new main is a hunewearl, (as my last cart got lost to the warp lol) and I got her built with 80 swift mats and a 100 pow mag, though i am thinking of using a more hit based mag, but it seems to work out fine for me. Basically hunewearls are so weak in the def/hp department that you basically need to make it so nothing can hit you to be effective. But, these are just my opinions, do whatever you want with them.

LuneFox
Apr 20, 2012, 07:22 AM
Um... I think I can share some experience since my HUnewearl is exactly what are you trying to make, but I have a little different mag.

1. Materials.
Feed her 80 swift materials, no exceptions.

2. Mags. You will need 2 of them:
1st Mag build: 70 power, 15 def, 10 hit and 5 mind
2nd Mag build: 100 mind
Let me explain my mag build:
You'll need 15 def and 5 mind to take less damage and to improve resta effect slightly. It will let you quickly recover from enemies' hits even if they suddenly hit you. 10 hit is just for hitting little better, cause swift HUnewearl has very low damage and it'll be an epic fail if she misses even with weak hits.

3. Units, palletes and mags.
1. Full evasion: 4 Divine/Swifts, 1st mag. You'll dodge things with approx. 95% chance, even some of bosses' attacks. In SH Makara Ruins I was standing in in the middle of the boss room (without moving and dodging) and shooting these caterpillars, I was able to win without taking a single hit from them (at lvl 90). But you'll have very low damage and PA charging speed.
Pallete: (Strong attack, Dodge Roll, Weak Attack) (Deband / Shifta / Resta).
Use deband on yourself so they'll miss on you alot more than usual.

2. Battle evasion: Divine/Swift, Element Boost, Compress PA, PP Recovery Lv.5, 1st mag.
This way you'll be somewhat less evasive, but instead you'll be able to spam with light attacks and PAs. Use dodge roll more.
Pallete: (Strong attack, Dodge Roll, Weak Attack) (Shifta / Anti / Resta).

3. Battle support: Divine/Mind, Divine/Mind, Compress PA, PP recovery Lv.5, 2nd mag (full mind).
Use this if you're going to support your team with resta and technics while being able to dodge enemies attacks. Equip the strongest rod you have. This way you'll be able to heal, resurrect and buff your teammates even if something is trying to hit you (some kind of never dying supporter). You can replace Divine/Minds with Divine/Swifts if you feel that you get hit too often. Attack enemies with Rod's PA (yes, fighting with rods in close range is OK for swift hunewearl) and one of three technics (depends on the area).
Pallete: (Foie/Barta/Zonde, Dodge Roll, Weak Attack) (Shifta / Anti / Resta).

Also better find Lv.3+ Celeb 50%+ property weapons for making reasonable damage even with swift hunewearl.

Well, that's all. I hope you'll find it useful regarding swift HUnewearl.

HUcast Omega
Apr 20, 2012, 01:14 PM
Dear god Lune! Those builds are awesome! As I have a Rika's Suit with 4 slots, I could get the claw for the Bite Stamp PA and extra evasion! The fact that I can use three different styles from one build is pretty awesome as well, though the biggest problem I'll have is I won't get a big Shifta boost, but I think I can manage. Thanks to everyone who gave some input on this. It will really help.

Add: @Lune: ALSO, on the first mag, what PB would you recommend, and what order should I apply the stats?

Chaos Rappy
Apr 20, 2012, 10:56 PM
For PB's, I usually recommend Midgul on a solo-based mag (for the completely absurd power/defense boost), but for multiplayer/online, Flozir is generally widely used (for the fast-charges [which only needs 2 people to get in the first place] and invincibility [with a 4-way chain]). For the most part, those two PB's are much more useful than either of the damage-inflicting ones, Granir and Pacifal, as those can't compare to the damage output you could have with either of the other two PB's when chained.

I would say you should try both beforehand and see which one fits you the most, as the mag you use shouldn't just be for everyone else you play with, but also be able to best suit you when you play on your own, unless you WANT to build two separate mags, which I won't stop you from doing, as I have done the same thing on my RAcast, haha... :P

HUcast Omega
Apr 20, 2012, 11:00 PM
Alright, cool. I should have asked as well, but what natures should I use for the two mags?

DoctorShanks
Apr 20, 2012, 11:25 PM
Ruffian, Obstinate, and Fickle are all decent options. You can never go wrong with Fickle though; the invincibility at max pb and the occasional Shifta is really great when playing offline or online.

EDIT: Wait, I just realized you aren't running a CAST. Yeah, fleshies should just go with Fickle in my opinion. :)

Chaos Rappy
Apr 20, 2012, 11:26 PM
Fickle seems to be a fairly useful one, with many benefits that it can provide to you at random times, however its revival rate is fairly low, which shouldn't be too much of an issue if you aren't dying too often solo, of course. Melancholy also seems to be a good one to use at times, with the higher revive rate and other such beneficial skills, however, it doesn't make you invincible when your gauge reaches max like Fickle, Eccentric or Obstinate. It's usually also up to what the player needs most that determines what Nature you might want, though usually, most people seem to like Fickle for it's invincibility and wide range of supports (since only it and Cautious have reactions at all times available for mags, however, Cautious does not give invincibility at any time).

LuneFox
Apr 21, 2012, 04:15 AM
Add: @Lune: ALSO, on the first mag, what PB would you recommend, and what order should I apply the stats?
Yeah, I use Midgul to raise my damage because it's low basically. Of course you can always switch to 4 divine/powers to turn your HUnewearl into some kind of medium power character, but your evasion will suffer.
As for order of adding stats... I don't remember already, sorry. You can check the guide on the main site :3

And yes, 4-slot Rika Suit is the best armor choise :3