PDA

View Full Version : How do I use techniques?

Ryo
Apr 20, 2012, 12:31 PM
I'm playing a HUmar. I got resta, used the disk, but can't add it to a weapon or sub palette. Anyone know how to use techs you learn?

Aiex
Apr 20, 2012, 12:41 PM
I'm guessing you have to be a force to use techs. I haven't tried anything but force so far though, so I'm not sure.

Triple_S
Apr 20, 2012, 12:53 PM
You need to add it to a Force-type weapon, I believe.

Link1275
Apr 20, 2012, 12:54 PM
You could try using the force subclass, that is if they implemented the subclass system in the beta.

•Col•
Apr 20, 2012, 01:10 PM
You could try using the force subclass, that is if they implemented the subclass system in the beta.

There aren't subclasses in the Beta.

Only Forces can use technics.

/thread

Ryo
Apr 20, 2012, 01:20 PM
There aren't subclasses in the Beta.

Only Forces can use technics.

/thread

Thanks for the info, but then why can I learn them? Not challenging you, just curious.

Jonth
Apr 20, 2012, 01:25 PM
Thanks for the info, but then why can I learn them? Not challenging you, just curious.

My guess is so that you can use them if you change to a force. Pretty sure class change was implemented this time around, just not sub class. Anyway, I can verify his information (not first hand since I'm not in the beta, but I've done a lot of research).

Aiex
Apr 20, 2012, 02:03 PM
Yeah, you can switch classes

•Col•
Apr 20, 2012, 02:10 PM
My guess is so that you can use them if you change to a force. Pretty sure class change was implemented this time around, just not sub class. Anyway, I can verify his information (not first hand since I'm not in the beta, but I've done a lot of research).

^This. You can switch to Range/Force whenever you want at the one counter.

kyuuketsuki
Apr 20, 2012, 02:48 PM
You need to add it to a Force-type weapon, I believe.
Nope, technics can be cast from the hot bar and do not have to be tied to a FO weapon.

However, you do have to be a FO to use techs and you can learn them because you could switch your char to the FO class and then get access to the techs you already learned... as Col already pointed out.

Also, I'm sure that if you pick a FO subclass (whenever the sub-class system is rolled out), you'll probably get access to techs.

JamesM
Apr 20, 2012, 04:30 PM
How do i set them to the shortcut bar?