PDA

View Full Version : Infinity Bring Infinity to the US petition

Restn
Apr 23, 2012, 09:43 PM
If you guys still have got some hope left in you. You can sign this petition. We can only try our hardest. :)

http://www.change.org/petitions/sega-of-america-localize-phantasy-star-portable-2-infinity

Link1275
Apr 23, 2012, 10:29 PM
Sega and Capcom never listen to their fans, especially not when they shove a petition in their face.

If you guys still have got some hope left in you. You can sign this petition. We can only try our hardest. :)

http://www.change.org/petitions/sega-of-america-localize-phantasy-star-portable-2-infinity
It won't work.

Restn
Apr 23, 2012, 11:34 PM
No one is really buying the psVita in japan, they have to make money some how. Overall, it's still not a bad idea at the end of the day, i tried.

blace
Apr 24, 2012, 12:27 AM
Hold on, no one is buying the Vita in Japan?

On another note PSP2i came out a year and two months ago. Sega of America and Sega of Europe laid off a rather substantial number of people. The chances of them making this game available in the west? Very very unlikely.

Edit: Just realized that this is a massive bump from half a year ago, use the current you have made instead of bumping something older than a month.

Gemel
Apr 24, 2012, 12:43 AM
When has a game ever been localized through a petition alone? I've read of miracle stories of other games being brought over but those involved a lot of personal letters and really active interest shown through more than the fans.

A speaker for Sega of Ameria already stated their disinterest, due to lack of sales, with continuing their market on the PSP either way.

Dragwind
Apr 24, 2012, 01:14 AM
Given the fact that Sega just dropped support for a lot of their titles, it's extremely unlikely Infinity will ever be localized. There's just very little incentive to do it. There was a statement made that pretty much confirmed that Infinity won't be coming over due to weak software sales of PSPo and PSPo2 outside of JP.

Trust me, I was pushing for Infinity to come state-side for a very long time, and I still wish it would.

DayDreamer
Apr 24, 2012, 01:17 AM
When has a game ever been localized through a petition alone?.Wasn't that the deal with Last Story and Xenogears? Im not 100% positive but im pretty sure the "project rainfall" or w/e was a big influence on it coming to the west.

As for infinity though, I just dont see it happening. Specially seeing as their focus right now is Pso2 and I don't mind them keeping it that way. If it was something like Meagman Legends 3 (the tragedy that happened to the development of that game Im sure you all know) I'd sign the petition but like people said above, Sega nor Capcom will listen.

GeoSword
Apr 24, 2012, 04:21 AM
If it was something like Meagman Legends 3 (the tragedy that happened to the development of that game Im sure you all know) I'd sign the petition but like people said above, Sega nor Capcom will listen.

I know they canned it in the middle of development, but did they state what the reason why it was all of a sudden?

blace
Apr 24, 2012, 04:38 AM
I know they canned it in the middle of development, but did they state what the reason why it was all of a sudden?
Something along the lines of 'not having enough consumer support' something or other. It probably had something to do with Inafune leaving Capcom as it happened not long before the project was canned.

Restn
Apr 30, 2012, 01:45 PM
When has a game ever been localized through a petition alone? I've read of miracle stories of other games being brought over but those involved a lot of personal letters and really active interest shown through more than the fans.

A speaker for Sega of Ameria already stated their disinterest, due to lack of sales, with continuing their market on the PSP either way.

I'm guessing you don't have a Wii, there had been many games that has been released b/c of petitions.

Restn
Apr 30, 2012, 01:55 PM
Sage never dealt with a petition, and every game company creaked when they were slapped in the face by one. Sage is punking it's fan b/c of piracy. If we don't try now we wouldn't know how they we react to it, sage even said it they would make profit out infinity if they released they're not releasing it b/c of piracy if that doesn't piss you off into signing up this petition then sage is going to punk us all b/c some butthole pirate a game from them.

Restn
Apr 30, 2012, 02:05 PM
Given the fact that Sega just dropped support for a lot of their titles, it's extremely unlikely Infinity will ever be localized. There's just very little incentive to do it. There was a statement made that pretty much confirmed that Infinity won't be coming over due to weak software sales of PSPo and PSPo2 outside of JP.

Trust me, I was pushing for Infinity to come state-side for a very long time, and I still wish it would.

About the other thread, From what I recall this was a replay to someone who mad this thread. So yeah i didn't duplicate b/c this was only a reply. it's not my fault if the guy delete his comment. the other one i made i didn't make this one. I real Don't remember making this thread i only remember replaying to someone, And if i have then I'm sorry but i remember having a hard time figuring out how to post a thread on my own and coming back to this one and just replying.

blace
Apr 30, 2012, 02:50 PM
Way to prove your grammatical skill and prowess by triple posting.

Take a good look at this article when asked about two games by Sega:
http://hcoregamer00photography.blogspot.com/2011/06/valkyria-chronicles-3-will-not-see-usa.html

Restn
Apr 30, 2012, 03:00 PM

http://hcoregamer00photography.blogspot.com/2011/06/valkyria-chronicles-3-will-not-see-usa.html

Look buddy, I'm at work, really hungry, and tired. So, excuse me for not being grammatically correct in ever effen post your highness.

Restn
Apr 30, 2012, 03:04 PM

Prowess in my posting? okay. I read the article and like i said, they have never dealt with a petition. They haven't released the pspo2 sells records, there are just pissed b/c of piracy since the dream-cast days. Look dude I know off someone who works in Sage of America. So, where are you getting to, with your high and mighty prowess.

They're just punking us so people would stop the piracy, Sage even said they would make Profit out of any game they sell. What the hell would they say that?

I'm not editing my shit so kiss my bad grimmer ass, your highness!!

blace
Apr 30, 2012, 03:53 PM
Well to begin with, I have never heard of a gaming company called Sage. You also forget that the PSP system was basically a failure in the west and was barely kept alive with new releases, all of which have had little to no effect on sales on the system.

The Phantasy Star series by itself, doesn't have that much of an impact in the western world. Most have forgotten about it besides PSO, which at the time brought about the rise of console online gaming. The series took a downturn with PSU, but was brought back up with the portable series. But at that time, the only people that seemed to know about its portable series are pretty much people that had kept with Phantasy Star are either the old Phantasy Star fans from the Genesis to current fans who wanted a different experience.

With PSO 2 on the horizon, people are flocking over to that and its handheld counterpart on the Vita. It would be counterproductive for a company to start campaigning a game on a system that has only had lackluster sales and high rates of piracy.

Also if you have not noticed, the current online community in Phantasy Star Portable 2, is comprised of mainly pirates with a few actual fans here and there. There's a difference between supporting the series and having the game, illegitimate or not.

Malice913150
Apr 30, 2012, 04:03 PM
good to see someone gives a shit about infinity. but as hopeful as youre going to be, you cant be ignorant to facts: Sega basically hates its fans :D

Restn
Apr 30, 2012, 04:21 PM
good to see someone gives a shit about infinity. but as hopeful as youre going to be, you cant be ignorant to facts: Sega basically hates its fans :D

I know :( I'm guessing with enough people annoying the hell out of them they would release it. haha this might not even work, but I'm not going to stop untie it's more hopeless than it's already is. telling some being ignorant to facts and only naming one is pretty Ignorant form your side.

Restn
Apr 30, 2012, 04:41 PM
Blace, If i really give a rat's ass about what you think I would have asked you. That being said, what are you taking about "the current online community in Phantasy Star Portable 2, is comprised of mainly pirates" You can't even get online with out a (pass-code key thingy). Look You're half-assing your statement, Phantasy star portable racked to 545,242 copies sold in its first couple of weeks on sale, then "Sage" (Sorry, you god-damned highness) stopped releasing it's record of sells. Just stop dude, if you don't want to sign it I'm not telling you too, just Don't sign it (you annoying good for nothing goddess). Man, I have never ran into some that bitches as much as you do.

blace
Apr 30, 2012, 05:20 PM
Then you have not been playing the game at all. It was stated a long time ago that the passes for the Little Wing License did nothing and have not been bothered with since. With that said, the game is full of pirates.

I'm not bitching, I'm simply stating what is to be true.

Restn
Apr 30, 2012, 05:35 PM
What true? you're telling me that Sega allowed people to enter their server without Little Wing License? what are you on? the only way you can do that is with a private server, You're full of yourself making odd statement even about me?
Now I haven't played the game at all? really dude? well you kind of sound like you're bitching.

You sound very conceited and full of shit to make a statement about someone. Whatever dude yeah i haven't been playing the game at all. sure thing you vain piece of work.

blace
Apr 30, 2012, 05:37 PM
Hi everyone,

Some important news that I wanted to pass on today, which could come into play in the near future. (Worry not though - it's good stuff.)

I'm sure many of you have heard or remember the issues with the authentication check not working properly for PSP2. This essentially made all those shiny codes we spent a long time securing null and void, as it meant that anyone could get online, even if they didn't get a legitimate copy of the game.

On that front, some good news - this will soon no longer be the case.

We've been working hard with Sony to help determine why the problem was occurring and what could be done to fix it. A solution has now been worked out, but there's a chance it might require existing players to download the Little Wing License from the PSN store again. Worry not though, as it will be free and automatically available.

So, if at any point in the near future you run into an error logging in, just head to the PSN store and you should see a new version of the Little Wing License to pick up, which will be free to download for both retail and digital copies of the game.

I'll post again as I hear more news about when this might go live and a more detailed set of directions to find the new Little Wing License if this route is pursued. I'm passing this news on early and it's definitely subject to change, but I wanted to pass it on ahead of time so that people know we're taking care of the issue and what to do if they run into a Little Wing License error at any point.

Thanks everyone. :)

- Ruby
A direct quote from the stickied thread located at the top of the board, dated 10-14-10. Making it nearly two years ago and it's still ongoing. You're putting too much faith into Sega and Sony's abilities.

Anon_Fire
Apr 30, 2012, 05:47 PM
A direct quote from the stickied thread located at the top of the board, dated 10-14-10. Making it nearly two years ago and it's still ongoing. You're putting too much faith into Sega and Sony's abilities.

We just need to face facts and realize that Infinity is not coming stateside, and never will.

@Restn: I have PSP2 and let me tell you it is excatly what blace said. The whole online portion is full of pirates, cheaters, hackers, and ugh BF/GF rooms. There's hardly anyone playing that game now and most of us have already imported Infinity.

Incase you still don't understand......... It will NOT be coming overseas. Just give it up.

Restn
Apr 30, 2012, 06:02 PM
Yeah you were right i didn't know that. But i have never personally ran into one? I have also imported mine. But like i said I'm not forcing you guys to sign anything, if you don't want to sign it don't. This is for the people who wants to try. Dude if you guys read what i write and stop bitching and forcing you shit down my throat, I already have an idea of who is sage i know they don't give a flying fuck about us. that's not my argument, well that's kind of my argument that they don't give a flying fuck for us.

blace
Apr 30, 2012, 06:08 PM
Not having run into a hacker is a stroke of luck. Only a small portion of that number play the game fairly from start to finish. The most easily noticed things about hackers or hacked players is their names, by default your name can only be in white.

The Little Wing License, so far, only works on the JP servers, the same for Infinity. I started doing save conversions mainly because of the lack of security on these servers that were originally meant to keep people out and for those that want to at least play the game without the risk of getting their save corrupted.

Also, petitions are a double edged sword, it can work making its appearance on western shores, but if the corresponding party chooses not to, will make that effort go to waste. For now, just look forward to PSO 2 being finished soon.

Restn
Apr 30, 2012, 06:21 PM
I know, But I'm still going along with the petition, I already have the Japanese ver. I don't like the patch because the lack of the story. I'm not going to support Sage any longer is this don't work, It's sicking playing infinity in Japans and all the stupid game i bought so i can support sage. I mean i was a fan since the dream-cast days. Sadly they killed sonic after that, start making shitty game blame it on piracy, have you seen the portable 2 talk about taking a shit on the game they didn't even finish it in my eyes it was short, infinity was the only game that was finish in my eyes. they have never finished a game you always feel like you're being rushed. If this don't work, I'm done supporting sage.

Oh, i didn't create this petition even if it sound like it, but I'm supporting untie the end.

Kurosu
Apr 30, 2012, 06:43 PM
Wow, you got the patience of a saint, blace.

And this thread's got it all: spamming, OP that offers an idea but can't take any criticism or simply trolling, doesn't use search function, etc. :D

Anon_Fire
Apr 30, 2012, 06:47 PM
Wow, you got the patience of a saint, blace.

And this thread's got it all: spamming, OP that offers an idea but can't take any criticism or simply trolling, doesn't use search function, etc. :D

Agreed.

Restn
Apr 30, 2012, 07:02 PM
If you guys don't like the idea I don't see what's the point of replying, I'm sure there are some people who are willing to sign it. I just don't see what's the point of attack the idea rather than trying it out? But I'm not asking you to sign it ,what I'm asking for is let who ever is going to sign it let him sign it in peace.

Drunk Slayer
Apr 30, 2012, 07:21 PM
I'll sign, I really do hope they'll bring Infinity over here.

In fact, I'll create 100 accounts so there'll be 100 signatures.
That will surely increase the chances.

blazingsonic
Apr 30, 2012, 08:10 PM
Meh I wished they would port it to the 3DS.

DeviFoxx
Apr 30, 2012, 09:47 PM
I know, But I'm still going along with the petition, I already have the Japanese ver. I don't like the patch because the lack of the story. ... (more stuff about a game company called "Sage")

Not to be rude, but you do realize that:

1: The patch was never released to begin with and development on it stopped around November of last year.

2: Even if the patch was completed, I'm sure the Story Dialogue would be translated as well.

3: If you're so hell-bent on wanting to know the story, why not simply... I don't know... read my translation guide? (click here) (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=188224) I'm sure that would put any questions you have to rest. Heck, the reason why I wrote it in the first place was because:
• I got tired of seeing all these "Petition" threads cluttering the PSO-World forum when the game first came out, and I wanted to create a justified reason to stop them.
• I had a hunch a long time ago that Sega wasn't going to release Infinity in the west so I started writing it ahead of time.
• Even if a Patch was being created, it'd be a long ways off before it'd be finished 100%. I'm talking Months to maybe a Year.

4: You're not the first person to make a petition thread here (and you won't be the last, I'm sure). These forums have to be moderated on a routinely basis to weed out threads for redundancy (hence why your second petition thread got locked, because you already made this one).

I'm not trying to rain on your parade, but while your Petition is a valiant effort, at this point in time it's in vain, I'm afraid. Plus, you getting as emotionally worked up about it as you are isn't going to help you make your case in any way.

Blace has been pretty patient and kind. I commend him for helping out in his own way by converting people's saves so they can play on Infinity.

Besides, even if Sega of America did make a localized port of Infinity, would you really WANT to buy it, given the way they treated PSPo2? (The voice acting cut out, weapons changed around or omitted, no DLC, no Serial Keys to lock out hackers...)

I'd stick to Japanese Infinity. At least you'd have a better play experience there than you would in a shoddy localized port by Sega of America (or should I say "Sage"), who evidently doesn't care about any other franchises besides Sonic the Hedgehog and games based on movie licenses.

Restn
Apr 30, 2012, 11:11 PM

Thanks buddy i know someone would!! but one is fine :D

I doubt it every patch I have used never has the story. I'm not taking about Phantasy star more like in General. Tales of the world 2 and 3 didn't have the story patch. Tales of rebirth couldn't get the story patch so they quit on it. But i don't recall taking about Infinity's patch. I just don't like the (english patch)

I just notice you were talking about your Guide, but after the way you respond to me. Sorry i can't accept your offer.

Drunk Slayer
Apr 30, 2012, 11:54 PM

Thanks buddy i know someone would!! but one is fine :D

http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee492/drunk_slayer_V/sarcasm-detector.jpg

create 100 accounts so there'll be 100 signatures.

And that's why I dont believe in online petitions.

Restn
Apr 30, 2012, 11:59 PM
And that's why I dont believe in online petitions.

If you don't believe in it don't sign it :-?, like i said one would be fine^^. But, if you don't believe in it don't.:-D

DeviFoxx
May 1, 2012, 12:35 AM
I just notice you were talking about your Guide, but after the way you respond to me. Sorry i can't accept your offer.

I wasn't "offering" you anything. All I did was give you my thoughts on it and an suggested an alternative since you kept talking about not knowing the story--And you weren't complaining about "not wanting a patch for lack of story" not just here, you were doing it on GameFAQs.com too--over on the PSPo2 forums.

(I don't know how you came up with the idea that a Patch means a "lack of story" ... So you're gonna have to explain a little bit deeper on that one.)

Really, I don't care what you do either way. It's your choice, not mine.

But I'm not going to kiss your behind and beg you to read the guide.

If you want to ignore all logic and reasoning, then that's on you, my friend.

Also:

[SPOILER-BOX]
http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee492/drunk_slayer_V/sarcasm-detector.jpg

And that's why I dont believe in online petitions.[/SPOILER-BOX]

I lol'ed.

Bomber The Cosmonaut
May 1, 2012, 12:39 AM

That doesn't sound bad at all. Typing with the Stylus, Touch Screen-based Menus, slap some updated textures everywhere, add a "draw your own Symbol Chat" like PS Zero/PSO2.. The 3DS is more capable than the PSP, and the recent firmware update allows patching for retail games.. I don't think it would happen though.
Anyway, let's just face it. Its not coming to the States. I'm sure you can find the Japanese version for cheap. There is a COMPLETELY TRANSLATED guide done by one of our own members, so I'm sure you'd have no problems getting along, if you tried.

BlueCast Boy
May 1, 2012, 12:45 AM

Yeah I agree...Its awesome if Sega port it on the 3DS!, but I'm not pretty sure that it can be localized

Restn
May 1, 2012, 12:45 AM
I wasn't "offering" you anything.

(I don't know how you came up with the idea that a Patch means a "lack of story" ... So you're gonna have to explain a little bit deeper on that one.)

But I'm not going to kiss your behind and beg you to read the guide.

Okay i thought you offered it by posting it, I didn't say you kissed my behind. I said offered it what is wrong with you people where is your logic? offer is not begging.

Like i said all the game patch i have tried people claimed they couldn't patch the story like tale of the world 2 and 3. just menu.

DeviFoxx
May 1, 2012, 12:51 AM
Okay i thought you offered it by posting it, I didn't say you kissed my behind. I said offered it what is wrong with you people where is your logic? offer is not begging.

Like i said all the game patch i have tried people claimed they couldn't patch the story like tale of the world 2 and 3. just menu.

You should try playing more patched games then. There's plenty of games that were in Japanese and got full English Translation patches (INCLUDING THE STORY, MIND YOU). I'll list off a few for you:

Namco X Capcom (PlayStation 2)
Hideo Kojima's "Policenauts" (PlayStation)
Fire Emblem series (Super Famicom / SNES)
Seiken Densetsu 3 (Secret of Mana 2) (Super Famicom / SNES)
Sailor Moon RPG: Another Story (Super Famicom / SNES)
Solar Boy Django 3 (Boktai 3) (Gameboy Advance)

And probably one of the most highly anticipated ones:

Mother 3 (Gameboy Advance)

So it's not that people can't patch a game's story into English. It's just that some people choose not to.

A Patch doesn't automatically mean that the story can't be translated.

But like I said, though. The story for Infinity's been translated into English already. So there you go.

Restn
May 1, 2012, 12:59 AM
hahahah really i wasn't talking about the old system in the first place. Listen you have been attacking me since for ever. If there is someone else with a Guide i would use his not yours. Not after you attacking me b/c of your personal opinion on petitions.

Like i said if there was anyone who is able to patch the story, then they could have patch all of these other great games and wouldn't bother with the petition.

A Patch doesn't automatically mean that the story can't be translated.

But like I said, though. The story for Infinity's been translated into English already. So there you go.

are you telling me there are actual people who knew how to patch the story, or the guild? b/c if their are dude I wouldn't real care any more for the petition just send me the link.

DeviFoxx
May 1, 2012, 01:41 AM
hahahah really i wasn't talking about the old system in the first place.

But I answered your statement, now didn't I? Patches that translate the entire story of games do exist and can be created. It just depends on who's doing the patching.

And if you want to go down that route, Sony PSP's an "old system" too.

Listen you have been attacking me since for ever.

Attacking you? Since... Forever?

Overly defensive much?

Anyone who's been reading this thread. I'd like to ask you guys a question. Was I attacking this guy, Restn? Was I "assaulting" him like he claims?

Or are you confusing me with someone else who's been "attacking you"? The only other person I've seen you really get into an argument with is blace. So am I to assume you think we're the same person now?

You said you wanted the story in English. I showed you that the story has been translated in English. And it wasn't "good enough for you". Your problem, not mine.

If there is someone else with a Guide i would use his not yours. Not after you attacking me b/c of your personal opinion on petitions.

Like i said if there was anyone who is able to patch the story, then they could have patch all of these other great games and wouldn't bother with the petition.

Again, kid. It's not an attack. If I was really, really attacking you, you would know it beyond the shadow of a doubt.

And not wanting to use my guide is your personal hang-up, not mine. As I stated before, I could care less whether or not you read it. My only point was that it exists, and the story is available in English. That's all.

Additionally, I don't know what difference it would make as to whether or not I wrote it, or someone else wrote the guide. But then again, I have a hard time following your logic as it is.

are you telling me there are actual people who knew how to patch the story, or the guild? b/c if their are dude I wouldn't real care any more for the petition just send me the link.

Re-quoted for emphasis:

Not to be rude, but you do realize that:

1: The patch was never released to begin with and development on it stopped around November of last year.

2: Even if the patch was completed, I'm sure the Story Dialogue would be translated as well.

See link: Translation Patch WIP thread (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191415)

Production for the Translation Patch stopped long ago. And Sega's not localizing the game. Hence, two of the reasons why my Guide exists. But like I said, what you do is on you.

Also, please do the Mods like Mike and Dragwind a favor and stop double and triple-posting, please. Just edit your original post and add whatever else you want to say. It makes things easier for the Mods.

Drunk Slayer
May 1, 2012, 02:41 AM
Anyone who's been reading this thread. I'd like to ask you guys a question. Was I attacking this guy, Restn? Was I "assaulting" him like he claims?.

No, but maybe you're unfamiliar with the rule that it's forbidden to have a different opinion.

There goes a saying that the worst kind of blind it's the one who doesn't want to see.

Sony PSP's an "old system" too.

This.

blace
May 1, 2012, 02:54 AM
The attitude you have been flaunting is rather undeserving, Restn. The fact that you lash out at any opposing opinion and comments shows that. As DeviFoxx has shown and said, the only real patch is an unfinished and unreleased version which has been postponed to a later date.

If you care to check with Google and the like, the only guide you'll find, that isn't a copy of or directing to, is DeviFoxx's guide. He has been working on it for quite some time, with little updates here and there, before the reveal was made for the possible translation patch. That is, of course, you would like to know the story and outcome of the story.

With that said, please stop acting like you are well deserved of your current behavior and follow basic forum rules.

Mike
May 1, 2012, 05:17 AM
Unfortunately, I think this has run it's course.