View Full Version : Modding Oblivion

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Apr 28, 2012, 05:54 PM
So I've been getting mods for Oblivion, I have:

Color Map Mod(1.1)
DarNified UI 1.3.2
Qarl_TP3_Full_v1.3_OMOD
Unique Landscapes Compilation 1.7.2

While insatalling the unique landscapes mod, I got a message saying that the file had the same title as a different one, something like meshes\textures*insert numbers here*.NIF , so i overwrote them and now the game is having small glitches, they haven't been a major problem yet but they may escalate is my worry. has anyone else run into this error and know a way around it?

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
May 3, 2012, 10:00 AM
Check if there's any patches or updates. The nexus forunms are especially helpful. overall I found Oblivion was quite stable when modded, especially compared to Fallout. but SKyrim is by far the most stable i've got over 80 mods on the go at once. There isn't a single texture either item, landscape or monster etc which is vanilla it's all re-done most texture's pusahing over 4000x4000 and it hardly ever crashes. But Oblivion i found a little bit more hit and miss. Thankfully seeing as Oblivion has been out for so long you should be able to find help. Best place to go is the Mod pages themselves and check the FAQ's. Or simply use the IM chat on the nexus website and ask around i'm sure someone will help. but whenever you move your newly downloaded mod folders/rar's etc you have to select overwrite to whatever it prompts you to say yes or no to. But over-loading with mods might cause the occasional glitch. Just remember to switch archive invalidation off and then on again via the mod manager tools menu

Tifa