PDA

View Full Version : Game Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing-Transformed

DayDreamer
Apr 30, 2012, 02:26 PM
Sonic and Sega All stars racing Transformed (no idea why sonic is separated from sega but it is) was just announced earlier today. With than announcement, Sega released a trailer for the game showing some of the changes from the past all stars racing game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgbHhLYyziE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgbHhLYyziE
[SPOILER-BOX]Many people are saying that this is basicly Mario Kart 7 with the whole terrain changing vehicles but in all stars, depending on what your car is transformed into it changes the controls completely. In MK7 whether your in water,land, or air the controls stay mostly the same.[/SPOILER-BOX]

Most of the characters from the past game will be included, along with many others.
Personally, I feel there should be a Rappy character but thats just me.
What are your thoughts on this?

Being release on: Ps vita,Ps3, Xbox 360, PC hopefully through steam, and Nintendo 3ds

NoiseHERO
Apr 30, 2012, 04:44 PM
Take Sonic out of that stupid looking chibi car because Sonic Driving a car never made sense to me, since Sonic Drift.

Instead of putting Beat in all of these shitty "All-Star" games like he's a washed up celebrity on a reality TV gameshow, MAKE A JET SET RADIO 3 AND PEOPLE WILL HATE YOU LESS!

Apone
Apr 30, 2012, 06:00 PM
Im gonna go ahead and agree about Jet Set Radio 3... If I knew more people who played the 'kart' style games I would probably get into this.

Randomness
Apr 30, 2012, 06:20 PM
Take Sonic out of that stupid looking chibi car because Sonic Driving a car never made sense to me, since Sonic Drift.

Instead of putting Beat in all of these shitty "All-Star" games like he's a washed up celebrity on a reality TV gameshow, MAKE A JET SET RADIO 3 AND PEOPLE WILL HATE YOU LESS!

Face it, SEGA management is obsessed with Sonic.

And sonic driving hasn't made sense ever - Sonic R.

blace
Apr 30, 2012, 06:32 PM
And sonic driving hasn't made sense ever - Sonic R.
Sonic had a car in Sonic R?

Freeze
Apr 30, 2012, 06:38 PM
No he didn't but Sonic R didn't make sense so... there it is.

blace
Apr 30, 2012, 06:55 PM
I did enjoy Sonic R, not the Sega All Stars Racing. Games these days are just a copy of something else. Bad enough Sony is making their own version of Smash Bros, but that this game pretty much uses the same gimmicks as Mario kart.

Randomness
Apr 30, 2012, 07:17 PM
Sonic had a car in Sonic R?

No, I'm saying he didn't have a car in the first racing game with him in it.

Angelo
Apr 30, 2012, 07:23 PM
Music was awful.

First time SEGA has disappointed me in that department.

NoiseHERO
Apr 30, 2012, 09:21 PM
No, I'm saying he didn't have a car in the first racing game with him in it.

Sonic R came out BEFORE-

Sonic Drift.?

No really I'm asking.

Randomness
Apr 30, 2012, 10:20 PM
Well, maybe? I dunno.

yoshiblue
May 1, 2012, 02:32 AM
At least Sonic has a reason to be in a car this time with it also acting as a boat and a plane.

.Rusty.
May 1, 2012, 06:04 AM
Will Ryo get a a transforming forklift?

Milla
May 1, 2012, 09:45 AM
Vyse is confirmed. I'm buying it. I don't even like racing games.

Squall179
May 1, 2012, 10:48 AM
If they put Alis Landale or any of the Virtuaroids from Virtual-On in I will buy it. Until they do that, no thanks.

darkante
May 1, 2012, 12:15 PM
Might be interested. So how does this one play out?
Regular races or Mario Kart style with power-ups?

Vashyron
May 1, 2012, 05:46 PM
If they make the PC version have no online mode and blame it on foreseen piracy issues again I will laugh.

Ark22
May 1, 2012, 06:33 PM
I want to see a sonic riders without the gravity bullshit. Add Corn from JSRF, I'll be straight.

Weeaboolits
May 1, 2012, 08:04 PM
I only bought the first one because Opa-Opa was playable.

They should include Welkin in the Edelweiss.

Alternatively Cypher in jet mode.

Tanimura on a police bike.

yoshiblue
May 1, 2012, 08:08 PM
I would be fine with just the first Sonic Riders being ported to the newer consoles.

Vashyron
May 2, 2012, 01:28 AM
Wait Vyse is in this? Peaked my interests now.

(Also agree about putting Welkin in Edelweiss comment, but I'm having a hard time imagining that Tank transforming haha.)

Akaimizu
May 2, 2012, 09:43 AM
The last Sonic Kart game wasn't bad. It was done by the Sumo team, which IMO actually knows how to do decent arcade racers. The bad is that they often get a bit overlooked along with the franchise itself. Then again, their earlier efforts were often horribly advertised. Like the Outrun 2 home conversions.

Be warned though, the first one had a definite learning curve in it as the difficulty spikes earlier than it should.

I think the Sonic name being separated is simply a marketting thing. They believe only stuff with Sonic's name will sell well for the company, so they didn't just want to call it SEGA All Stars.

Watch out, you never know if a release of Phantasy Star Online 2 will end up being called Sonic and Phantasy Star Online 2, even though he'd have no part of the game except for perhaps an event appearance and a collectable.

Still, it's about time they start bringing in all their franchises into the fray. Even Konami knew that they could grab from a lot of licences when they did their Kart racer. They should add a whole slew of them in and perhaps see what kind of popularity spawns from the inclusion of said characters. This is their chance to go Phantasy Star, or House of the Dead, or Vocaloid, or Shining Force, and a number of others..

NoiseHERO
May 2, 2012, 09:48 AM
As much as I'm sick of people hating on Afin. Sonic would be an extremely entertaining side-kick.

Zarode
May 2, 2012, 12:44 PM
Cool. Loved the first one, was refreshing when I didn't have a Mario Kart readily available to play. I guess the only advice I'd ever have with the first game is drift all the time (like in any Japanese racing game...) and let off the gas on sharp turns.

You know...

Like when...

you are driving...

jesus christ people

Weeaboolits
May 2, 2012, 01:12 PM
Really, I'm just hoping that this one doesn't freeze up randomly and have laggy menus like the first one did.

Also, if they must include Super Monkey Ball again, make those tracks less horrible.

Kent
May 2, 2012, 01:58 PM
Cool. Loved the first one, was refreshing when I didn't have a Mario Kart readily available to play. I guess the only advice I'd ever have with the first game is drift all the time (like in any Japanese racing game...) and let off the gas on sharp turns.

You know...

Like when...

you are driving...

jesus christ people
What's this "driving" crap you're talking about? It's a racing game - the only valid actions with the gas are to stomp it down completely, or rapidly mash on it when making turns.

Or maybe we need another F-Zero.

yoshiblue
May 2, 2012, 02:47 PM
If you want to be real, there are three ways to go about drifting. I prefer the all out method.

-Ryuki-
May 2, 2012, 03:24 PM
Doesn't look too bad. Thinking about getting it.
Not sure if I want it on PS3 or my Vita though.
I don't care if this is anything like MK7, I'm still getting it.
Same goes with LittleBigPlanet Karting-- getting that, too.

Honestly, if a game looks fun, that should matter more than if a game looks like a clone.

Chives
May 2, 2012, 05:03 PM
The addition of a Panzer Dragoon stage makes me happy. I know the chances of a Panzer Dragoon sequel are unlikely to ever happen despite this, but like having Ryo Hazuki and Alex Kidd in the last game, it's just nice to bring these characters and stuff back into the modern age at least for a brief moment.

I imagine Nights will be a playable character this time since there was a lot of fuss over him/her/it being left out last time. And I get the feeling we'll see the space harrier guy pop up in this one, since there's flying segments. Ecco the dolphin may even make a cameo appearance in the water areas!

yoshiblue
May 2, 2012, 06:31 PM
I don't what anyone says, to me NiGHTs is a girl and Reala is the dood and Jack needs to be in more games.

Shadownami92
May 2, 2012, 06:56 PM

I actually like how this comic describes why he is in a car.

http://i.imgur.com/MEEvQ.jpg

Basically he's in a car because in a kart race competition its against the rules to not race in a kart.

But yeah, I think the game actually looks pretty good so far from the screenshots and all that I've seen.

NoiseHERO
May 2, 2012, 07:24 PM
I like how tails is like "Damn, Sonic is dumb did I really used to look up to this guy?"

But yeah... if Sega put this Comic in their instruction booklet, that'd soooo shut me up.

Though I can tell this wasn't made by any SEGA artist... not because he was playing mario. But because it was knuckles acting like a rival and not shadow... D:

DayDreamer
May 3, 2012, 07:27 AM
I actually like how this comic describes why he is in a car.

http://i.imgur.com/MEEvQ.jpg

Basically he's in a car because in a kart race competition its against the rules to not race in a kart.

But yeah, I think the game actually looks pretty good so far from the screenshots and all that I've seen.
That made my day
Oh and Tails was refering to him being in a car before, might be referring to Sonic Drift.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ND1tz7RJoCY&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ND1tz7RJoCY&feature=relatedThere's also Sonic R but drift came out before that.. oh and sonic was actually RUNNING in sonic R. It seems like in the 90's he had the "I dont give a shit" attitude, he's gotten to soft D;

On a side note, Ristar and NiGHTS better be in this game..

Lungo
May 3, 2012, 08:05 AM
That comic is awesome. XD It also makes perfect sense. If Sonic was on his feet in the first game then there'd be no hope for anyone else. Meanwhile in the sequel he'd need to learn to fly and swim.

Anyway I'm really psyched for this. I found the game to be so much more enjoyable than Mario Kart. It's great that the sequel is actually taking the genre a step further, instead of just churning out the same game again with minor tweaks. Also NiGHTS and Ristar have a good chance to be in, given they got cameos from fan support last time. Unfortunately I don't think Toejam and Earl will make it in. I really hope Opa Opa is still in but very few people seem to be fans. ):

DayDreamer
May 3, 2012, 09:45 AM
Also NiGHTS and Ristar have a good chance to be in, given they got cameos from fan support last time.
I hope to god your right, it'd be a day one purchase for me.

Oh and considering Opa-Opa was in the last game, and since the hardcore Sega fans are still breathing, Fantasy Zone should get some love.

Weeaboolits
May 3, 2012, 12:27 PM
If they include a Fantasy Zone track, I will buy this day one.

Akaimizu
May 3, 2012, 01:08 PM
Love the comic.

DayDreamer
May 3, 2012, 11:02 PM
I was on the app store today with my new money from the Itunes card I got and looked under sega and saw Sega and Sonic All Stars Racing. I knew it was there before but apertnly they updated it, added Knuckles and Shadow (who were originally not in the ipod version) and some tracks.