PDA

View Full Version : The Worst Photon Art in the Game?

DoctorShanks
Apr 30, 2012, 02:47 PM
As the title says, which PA do you think deserves the title of the crappiest Photon Art in the game? Each of the Photon Arts above I have chosen for one reason or another.

It was a really, really tough choice for me, but I personally hate Crazy On with all of my hate. But the other ones came really close... like seriously, Say Good-bye doesn't even fly you over Spike Traps (that would have made it somewhat useful lol) and Funny Dive is a troll PA. That is all :P

FOODFOOD
Apr 30, 2012, 02:54 PM
My vote goes to Spinning Death because:

1. I don't have much experience with any other ones.
2. I'm in slow motion. Nobody else is in slow motion.

Sp-24
Apr 30, 2012, 02:56 PM
Wait... How do I remove my vote? I wanted to nominate Crush Bomb! A single 210% damage hit... Underneath you?! As if bazookas aren't useless enough as they are!

Daggart
Apr 30, 2012, 06:39 PM
Spinning Death because you're a sitting duck for forever.

If you want to be technical though it'd probably be Kick Rush in the long run. But at least that doesn't get shoved down your throat when hunting for cooler PAs.

DoctorShanks
May 1, 2012, 10:37 AM
This thread's poll will close in a month. Not like this is official or anything, but I want to know people's opinions and maybe we can decide on which PA is the garbage to end all garbage.

FOODFOOD
May 1, 2012, 10:44 AM
It's sad how few people read the forums anymore :(
(I say anymore as if I've been here for a long time)

Gown
May 1, 2012, 11:05 AM
Spinning death as the name suggests... :hamster:

FOODFOOD
May 1, 2012, 11:18 AM
Spinning death as the name suggests... :hamster:

You spin around and then you die?

VanFanel
May 1, 2012, 12:05 PM
Spinning Death: Shots are just too scattered :/

Cyst
May 1, 2012, 04:52 PM
Edge riser...seriously, what is the POINT of that PA? Extremely underwhelming.

ShapeSBB
May 1, 2012, 08:29 PM
Kick rush? never heard of it

Daggart
May 1, 2012, 08:57 PM
Nice joke, Shape.

(But seriously I can't blame you. It's the PA you "get" by fighting with no weapon equipped. It kinda sucks solely because fighting unarmed sucks)

DoctorShanks
May 2, 2012, 10:32 AM
I've noticed that Cyst posted Edge Riser, but didn't cast a vote.

@Shape: Take off your weapon and charge an attack in the field. The PA you get from that is Kick Rush. Like Daggart says, it sucks.

mario2099
May 2, 2012, 12:24 PM
I have not used all the photon arts listed but spinning death gets my vote. It makes me wonder if the developers had an actual use in mind for some of the lame photon arts, or if it was purposefully meant to be horrible.

DoctorShanks
May 2, 2012, 01:17 PM
Spinning Death looks cool. Its usefulness pretty much ends there.
Act Trick lets a CAST use techniques.

It's no wonder those two are winning.

Sp-24
May 2, 2012, 01:21 PM
Is Slide End really that bad, by the way? I do remember having a weapon with it, but can't recall why does it suck.

DoctorShanks
May 2, 2012, 01:26 PM
I think the problem with Slide End is the fact that the other two Claw Photon Arts outclass it entirely, and a 75% attack modifier is very underwhelming. Serpent Air hits up to 5 times close to you and Bite Stamp is a powerful ranged attack that hits 3 times. Slide End just does one weak sweep and then a finisher if I recall. It's just that . . . later in the game, no one in their right mind would accept a Hadan Bite with Slide End, and they'd just soft reset.

Sp-24
May 2, 2012, 01:39 PM
Well, when it comes to Hadan Bite, anything but Under End is a waste. :)

DoctorShanks
May 2, 2012, 01:53 PM
Makes me wonder how badly a PA called "Begin Start" would suck.

HUcast_Josh
May 8, 2012, 02:51 PM
Spinning Death is trying to be The Matrix lets be honest, and Dynamo Spin Put me of Swords for a while cause its a piece of turd.

I reckon 'Funny Dive' was Sega's Daily Lie, because its NOT funny

DoctorShanks
May 10, 2012, 11:09 AM
One time I played online with a FOnewearl who was using a hacked Starlight with Funny Dive on it. Either she really was trying to be funny, or some haxers really are stupid lol.

Spinning Tickle is still winning :O

Vintasticvin
May 10, 2012, 06:24 PM
Mmmm Slide End isn't as bad as the rest of y'all think. I am actualy able to make use out of it to hit multiple creatures that are bunched up (WHich doesnt happen much?) And prety fun to use on bosses with multi hit markers :3

Sp-24
May 10, 2012, 06:26 PM
Well, it is much faster than Serpent Air.

And I guess it's best not to generalise.

Vintasticvin
May 10, 2012, 06:56 PM
Well, it is much faster than Serpent Air.

And I guess it's best not to generalise.

Faster yes but Serpent Air does rack up them ever so sweet white numbers we adore seeing specialy the ultra indepth theory crafters and their astromical mathematical wizardry O_O

Vintasticvin
May 10, 2012, 06:57 PM
-Runs off with one of SP-24's Kitties-

DoctorShanks
May 11, 2012, 12:33 PM
And then you try out Bite Stamp then suddenly, Slide End isn't so attractive anymore =S

Slide End isn't the worst PA though, but it does make the list as one of the worst in my opinion.

Sp-24
May 11, 2012, 03:54 PM
That's just because some PAs simply outclass all others, though. And I don't see Quick Draw, Thriller Combo, Bullet Dance, Impact Zero or Rolling Bar on the list. I'm not even sure which one would I prefer to have if the choice was between Slide End and Serpent Air, after using Claws for a little while.

DoctorShanks
May 11, 2012, 05:30 PM
Thriller Combo, Impact Zero, and Bullet Dance are actually good according to reports. Quick Draw and Rolling Bar, not so much. Quick Draw fires how many shots in rapid succession (which probably translates to awesome Single Target damage, though i've never tried it out myself), and Rolling Bar is . . . well I guess it could have gone in place of "None," but the amount of hits it gets makes it a decent combo breaker. I've used it myself, but Rodeo Drive is significantly better obviously. I see where you're going with this though, but in all honesty, Slide End only hits one enemy twice maximum (unless you're abusing the Mobile PA bug) and has therefore made the list because of it. Slide End's real use is for cleaning up small enemies I suppose (the Phantasma Gauntlet does a really good job at this).

The only reason Serpent Air sees any use these days is thanks to it being an amazing attacking option for Humilias. Even outside of that though, I've seen a few people use it to great success in the Arca Plant (Ken and Gavin come to mind).

zain160
May 12, 2012, 12:53 PM
i said crazy-on

DoctorShanks
May 17, 2012, 12:23 PM
12 more days everyone . . . until then I'll be spinning around until I die.

FOODFOOD
May 17, 2012, 01:25 PM
12 more days everyone . . . until then I'll be spinning around until I die.

In super-cinematic slow motion!

zain160
May 18, 2012, 06:02 AM
we need to do one for the best PA

Chaos Rappy
May 18, 2012, 01:03 PM
If that is to be done, then have I some recommendations for you!

Unarmed - Kick Rush (BECAUSE IT'S AWESOME! :D)
Saber - Cross Rave
Sword - Over End
Daggers - Air Ride
Spear - Speed Rain
Claw - Bite Stamp
Shield - Linear Shake / Barrier Shift
Double Saber - Million Rave
Handgun - Flame Hit
Rifle - Mine Sneak
Gunblade - Earth Bullet
Mechguns - Cool Style
Bazooka - Wild Blow
Laser Cannon - Bio-Panic
Rod - Rodeo Drive
Wand - Magical Sign
Slicer - Bright Sign

Of course, multiple others could be added; I am simply listing the ones I believe to be superior in effect/usefulness for their weapon types. :>

Sp-24
May 18, 2012, 01:24 PM
Speed Rain, really?

Chaos Rappy
May 18, 2012, 01:55 PM
Well, with two more hits than Hopping Run, it amounts to a higher total DPS and a higher chance of any element on the weapon proccing on the foe (unless you have Celeb, which just mean a whole lot more damage at a slightly higher cost). That's just how I see it. I just took one PA of every weapon (besides shields, which I put both Linear Shake and Barrier Shift because both have their uses, one for its invulnarability effect at a quick charge/low cost and Linear Shake for a high total DPS with good range).

DoctorShanks
May 19, 2012, 10:34 AM
I'd rather go Hopping Run for its incredible range and more respectable accuracy.
I like Bull Smash better than Linear Shake. Lower DPS but incredible Horizontal Range.
I like Reverse Kill for its Range . . . hang on.

The list above focuses on snigle target dps doesn't it? :P Anyway, I'll do it but I'll leave out plenty of arguable Photon Arts just in case the thread turns into a shouting war because people like this Photon Art better than another for this reason.

leviayurashyguy
May 20, 2012, 03:46 AM
I agree with Crazy On. It has the worst hitbox of all the PAs, second to Acro-Step and Quick Draw.

CookieSundae
Jun 27, 2012, 08:29 PM
Waaah?! why does everyone hate spinning death? XD
It looks so funny in slow motion! HAHAHAHA

It looks cool but it IS a spinning DEATH! Monster will killl your character before u kill them. LOL Troll moment

I don't hate.

Quadocky
Jun 27, 2012, 11:28 PM
I like spinning death. Then again I pretty much like all of them except Thriller Combo.

FOODFOOD
Jun 28, 2012, 09:32 AM
Another proponent of Speed Rain! Yay!

It's my go-to against Chaos/Mobius, outside of Earth Bullet.

Street482
Jul 1, 2012, 07:08 PM
I have a rifle with Hollow Point PA or something like that and i hate it, it's just normal shooting but mechgun style! >.<

StormRyder
Jul 12, 2012, 06:32 PM
thank you for not listing Sonic Raid among the worst, I tend to like it. I know Over End is better in most ways but I dont like its charge time. Sonic Raid reminds me of PSU's spinning break which was pretty fun, and my most wanted sword, Yonohate In, is stuck w/ it anyways.

honestly what we all SHOULD be complaining about is why sega decided to permanently attach 1 PA to a weapon w/o being able to change it. throw on top of that the glaring fact that the spectrum of PAs is widely unbalanced, ranging from all this useless garbage to the godly OE/Earth Bullet/Bite Stamp/etc. and unlike PSU theres no possibility to even attempt to rebalance them by updates (not like sega would get it right the second time either >.>;;). all around its just a broken system, but I guess thats Sega's trend these days -_-;