PDA

View Full Version : Hi there^^ And: How PSO2 changed my perspective on MMOs

Skyy
Apr 30, 2012, 03:29 PM
Hello hello everyone!

I'm Skyy and after playing the PSO2 Beta I thought I would join here what seems to be a nice community^^

Though let me say I'm bad with introductions so if you want to know anything about me just ask! To speak about my hobbies, I like graphics and designing, gaming and anime.

Phantasy Star Online 2 is sadly my first voyage in the world of Phantasy Star games because back when PSO was released I lacked the internet and computer to play it and when PSU came I didn't have any payment method I could use. Even so I always heard about PSO and PSU and wondered what the excitement was about, well after playing PSO2 I can only say I understand it finally :D

I've been never much of an MMO person despite trying many games out starting with Ragnarok Online all the way up to Guild Wars 2 recently and I never had myself this kind of attachment other people seem to have. When I don't play with friends I usually get bored of MMOs within days PSO2 was different however.

Now when I started playing the beta at first I just thought it was just a fun game though after playing my first quest with other players the game just clicked with me as if I have seen the light with MMO gaming, everything started to become so much fun! Alone the atmosphere the game creates running around the lobby and shop area and then leaving on the planets for missions combined with the addictive gameplay it really looks like PSO2 could be the first MMO game I won't get bored of!^^ To put that into perspective, I played the closed beta every day and even after I hit level 20 and completed everything there was to complete I still had a huge amount of fun just by meeting new players and help them out with no sign of it ever getting boring which for me personally I found amazing! :)

But yeah I think that was enough praising for my introduction post, I hope I will have fun times here on the forum and with the rest of the community in PSO2 too as I met so many nice people already :D

Just to mention some of them in no particular order because we said we would eventually meet back here, a huge thanks for the fun and great times goes to:

Coronaa
IkeTakeda
Sylphania/Kamen
Lenara
Malice
Void Princess
Minato
Karen
Cammy White
Valon
Cornelia
Ce'Nedra

and everyone else I played with!^^ That's it for now, really :P

Freeze
Apr 30, 2012, 05:48 PM
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s20/DeepfreezeRAmar/AmandaBBwelcome.jpg

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s20/DeepfreezeRAmar/iceburgwelcome-2.jpg

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s20/DeepfreezeRAmar/heidiwelcome3.jpg

Skyy
May 1, 2012, 08:58 AM
Thanks for the welcome Freeze, I will follow the rules and am sure I will have loads of fun^^

Shinji Kazuya
May 1, 2012, 09:14 AM
Hello Skyy and welcome to the site!

Let's play when Open Beta starts! :3

Skyy
May 1, 2012, 03:18 PM
Hello Skyy and welcome to the site!

Let's play when Open Beta starts! :3

Thanks for the welcome too Shinji Kazuya! And yeah let's I would like to play with the many people here :D Hopefully the Open Beta isn't too far away^^

Ce'Nedra
May 1, 2012, 05:15 PM
Glad you found you're way here. You won't regrett it :)

Dhylec
May 1, 2012, 08:36 PM
Hi & welcome.
It's rare that after other online games you still still newly attracted to PSO2. At least now you can feel how we felt, when PSO first came out on DC & GC. That's how I got to PSOW too. ;3

Skyy
May 2, 2012, 06:32 AM
Glad you found you're way here. You won't regrett it :)

Hey there Ce'Nedra! :) I very much doubt I will regret coming here yeah, I'm glad I meet so many people again I played with!^^

Hi & welcome.
It's rare that after other online games you still still newly attracted to PSO2. At least now you can feel how we felt, when PSO first came out on DC & GC. That's how I got to PSOW too. ;3

Thanks for the welcome! :) And yes I totally can relate to the feeling now everyone must have had when PSO came out, how I wish I could have experienced that time too but I guess PSO2 makes up for it now^^

It's funny really because I played other "PSO-type" games like Vindictus but it left me relatively cold, so it's really something very special about PSO2 that makes it the best MMO game I played so far for me :3

Miyo
May 8, 2012, 10:49 PM
Welcome Skyy!

I'm glad you liked PSO2, though I haven't played it myself. Nonetheless, I've always loved the Phantasy Star series since I first played Episode I & II on the GameCube, many years ago, so a new fan, regardless of which game it is, is always welcome! :D

PSO2 looks really awesome though, I may have to look into it in the future. :)
Hope you enjoy PSO-World!
Enjoy your stay! :D

goldwing
May 17, 2012, 12:13 AM
Welcome skyy!!!! Hope you meet new ppl and enjoy yourself :)