PDA

View Full Version : More than one character?

Parasite-HU
May 13, 2012, 01:38 PM
I just finished playing the Phantasy Star Portable 2 trial and am waiting impatiently for the copy of the game I bought to come in the mail. I already played 2 characters to 20, and saved the first one to my computer so I might transfer it back to the PSP if I want to play it.

My big question is.. in the actual game can you have more than one character?

FOkyasuta
May 13, 2012, 01:52 PM
Up to 6.

So you can literally play one of Each Gender & Race.

Parasite-HU
May 13, 2012, 02:05 PM
Awesome - thanks! I had found this FAQ but parts of it were inaccurate so I didn't know how much I could trust it (http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/969683-phantasy-star-portable-2/56402855)

Like it said you could only level to 15 and obviously I got to 20. And they said 8 characters and you're saying 6.

Has anyone tried importing multiple characters from the trial to the same game individually by storing the save files on the comp or another memory stick? It sucks I am SO fiending to play this game and have to wait until Tuesday for it to come!

Oh also.. do you know if the banks are shared between the characters? I got some really nice drops on one char that another could use.

blace
May 13, 2012, 02:12 PM
There are 8 character slots in the full game. My time with the demo the max level was 15 type level 5. As for your characters, you can only import the two that are already existing in the demo, if you try to import other demo characters they would overwrite the data.

Edit: there is a shared storage for all characters on the stick.

FOkyasuta
May 13, 2012, 02:14 PM
Its been a while since ive played it so i kinda forgot. X/

But yeah the bank is shared.

Parasite-HU
May 13, 2012, 02:28 PM
Ah that sucks. But you're saying you were able to have 2 characters? My demo is only letting me have 1 per save and when I try to start a new game, new char it wants me to overwrite the existing save file.

I was worried it would overwrite the character I had, but if you're saying you can have 2 characters per demo save, does that mean if you do overwrite it that you'll get to keep the original character on the save? I'm really hoping that's the case so I can make another one and get to transfer two instead of one (and get some more psp playing time before my full game comes!) It sucks I heard they had it on PSN awhile back but took it off for whatever reason.

Thanks for the info though guys! And yay for shared bank! I forgot how much I loved this game!

blace
May 13, 2012, 02:36 PM
I just realised that you're probably playing the Phantasy Star Portable demo. Phantasy Star Portable 2 and the demo were taken down, some time ago, so you'll have to start from the beginning as well as learn the new mechanics that weren't in the first game.

Parasite-HU
May 13, 2012, 02:43 PM
GAH! You're right. I thought I read somewhere that Vivienne was the new character introduced in the 2nd one and probably got it confused with the first one. UGH! Lameness! :*( Oh well thanks for that..better not to be getting my hopes up with transferring these characters. Now back to waiting...

On second thought is there a place where you can download the demo on the comp and just transfer it over? I'm going to have to get hunting and this will give me something to do! xD

blace
May 13, 2012, 03:07 PM
There might be, but it's usually found on such sites that have pirated games.

Parasite-HU
May 14, 2012, 10:24 AM
Let it be known that the PSP 2 Demo is the most impossible thing to find period! Spent hours looking for it - with the whole megaupload thing going on (and other file sharing services suspended as well)- there is no way to get it. Luckily it looks like my game is coming today in the mail much earlier than I expected :D!