PDA

View Full Version : Toonami is coming back!

EvilMag
May 16, 2012, 04:16 PM
http://www.adultswim.com/shows/toonami/index.html

Reksanden
May 16, 2012, 04:54 PM
Oh, really? Nice. Might give me a reason to watch TV besides Mythbusters and the news again.

Harlocke
May 16, 2012, 05:03 PM
http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc137/Wandering_Samurai_7/mother-of-god-meme-240x180.jpg

It's... It's a dream come true!

Oh halcyon days of youth, you've returned! I wonder how they will top the goofy man-child demon kings, bishonen samurai, secretly-ultimate-heavenly-earth-rendering finger techniques, and space operas of the olden days.

Though, I don't have cable at home. Or a TV for that matter...

No Toonami for me. :cry:

Nitro Vordex
May 16, 2012, 05:30 PM
It'll probably have a terrible line up and ruin all of our dreams.

As usual.

Sayara
May 16, 2012, 06:19 PM
Play adult swims crap, using toonami as the engine.

Polly
May 16, 2012, 06:33 PM
It'll be gone in 5 months tops. It'll either be due to crap ratings (most likely) or just another elaborate Adult Swim troll. I typically just buy the shows I want to watch anyway, so I personally have no reason to want to watch any of those older shows on TV as I already own them on DVD or Blu-Ray.

I imagine if they run with their old lineup to try and bite on the nostalgia, all these years later most will realize that a lot of those shows just don't hold up. (Fucking Tenchi in Tokyo...I'd swallow glass before watching any of that again.)

Guess it's cool, but I'd advise keeping expectations fairly low.

Palle
May 16, 2012, 07:32 PM

As usual.
Subsidiary to Adult Swim?

You bet your ass, my friend.

Ark22
May 16, 2012, 08:43 PM
It was fun when I was a kid. Now I have the internet.

Emp
May 16, 2012, 10:10 PM

As usual.

Apparently, new anime is supposed to air but I'm not at the least bit interested in toonami coming back. Toonami was great back then but it is just going air re runs of old anime. If any new anime is aired, the voice acting and the translations will be crap.

Who watches anime on tv these days? It's online and free whenever you want to watch! :lol:

Sayara
May 16, 2012, 11:45 PM
Some animes have pretty decent dubs. Cowboy bebop being one,
Madoka even has a pretty decent dub. Not all of them are 4kids style garbage :v

Palle
May 16, 2012, 11:48 PM
Some animes have pretty decent dubs. Cowboy bebop being one,
Madoka even has a pretty decent dub. Not all of them are 4kids style garbage :v
Murgle, post your fandub of Kaiba.

:heartcookie:

Sayara
May 17, 2012, 12:15 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4xn0wVjzs4&feature=player_detailpage#t=395s like this right?

goldwing
May 17, 2012, 12:21 AM
It just wont b the same. Tho cant say that this comeing bk is a bad thing can we now

HeartBreak301
May 17, 2012, 01:09 AM
It'd be a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG shot but maybe Megas XLR will get a third season out of this.

Ahh who am I kidding... :disapprove:

DayDreamer
May 17, 2012, 01:38 AM
It was fun when I was a kid. Now I have the internet.

This, YouTube is my tv now. It has more "channels" then Comcast can shake a stick at.

Tetsaru
May 17, 2012, 01:48 AM
HMMMMMM... I'll have to keep an eye on this, though I must say, I'll probably end up being disappointed one way or another.

Best case scenario for me: the Samurai Jack series/movie finally gets properly finished, and maintains its awesomeness. :D

Ark22
May 17, 2012, 04:05 AM
If they bring back Megas XLR I will give somebody money.

Outrider
May 17, 2012, 06:12 PM
Rumor has it this will be the initial programming:

(Source: http://www.comicsalliance.com/2012/05/16/toonami-returning-cartoon-network-adult-swim-anime/ )

12:00 a.m. - Bleach
12:30 a.m. - Fullmetal Alchemist
1:00 a.m. - Durarara!!
1:30 a.m. - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
2:00 a.m. - FLCL
2:30 a.m. - Cowboy Bebop
3:00 a.m. - Bleach
3:30 a.m. - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG
4:00 a.m. - Bleach
4:30 a.m. - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
5:00 a.m. - Durarara!!
5:30 a.m. - Cowboy Bebop

HeartBreak301
May 17, 2012, 06:14 PM
So not Toonami at all then and pretty much just the old Adult Swim saturday night anime block.

Sounds about right.

NoiseHERO
May 17, 2012, 06:23 PM
Because Bleach is still a good anime and because I haven't seen FLCL, Ghost in the Shell and Cowboy Bebop my entire life.

RIIIGHT!

I mean it's obviously not gonna be everyday "after school" anymore if Adult Swim is hosting it. And I always thought funimation handled/owned Toonami? (And they already have their mountain of anime on netflix.)

I guess real toonami is dead forever. At least untill Anime becomes cool again and something interesting comes out of nowhere to combat fansubbers and there's an actual anime CHANNEL made (that's NOT shitty anime network.) HAH, that'd never happen.

Polly
May 17, 2012, 06:28 PM
Durarara!! is the best and only thing on that perspective list worth a poops. And I already own it. I am however all in favor of more people seeing this fantastic show.

Powder Keg
May 17, 2012, 06:28 PM
I'm ok with anything as long as they stop putting things that aren't cartoons on a cartoon channel.

PSO Addict
May 17, 2012, 06:30 PM
Tom won't let me down!!

Tetsaru
May 18, 2012, 06:28 AM
So not Toonami at all then and pretty much just the old Adult Swim saturday night anime block.

Sounds about right.

Yeeeeaaaah, that's what I was thinking too when I saw that... lame. :disapprove:

Granted, most of those are pretty good shows that I wouldn't mind watching, but I've already seen a lot of the episodes.

HeartBreak301
May 18, 2012, 07:05 AM
It's the same shit we've been watching for the past 10 years though. Sure it's good, but it's old. Most people that are big into anime watch it on the net anyway so I don't see why they devote everything to the same shit they've been running forever. Now if they brought back Samurai Jack or Megas it'd be worth tuning in on saturday night.

Hell, they aired Peewee for some stupid reason, they could throw us a bone here with some classic Cartoon Cartoon era stuff, but I guess that's too much to ask for.

And Tetsaru, your sig... Tetrisphere by chance? :wacko:

Tetsaru
May 18, 2012, 07:30 AM
It's the same shit we've been watching for the past 10 years though. Sure it's good, but it's old. Most people that are big into anime watch it on the net anyway so I don't see why they devote everything to the same shit they've been running forever. Now if they brought back Samurai Jack or Megas it'd be worth tuning in on saturday night.

Hell, they aired Peewee for some stupid reason, they could throw us a bone here with some classic Cartoon Cartoon era stuff, but I guess that's too much to ask for.

Yup, I play Tetrisphere from time to time, along with Pokemon Puzzle League, The New Tetris, and Magical Tetris Challenge on my PC's N64 emulator when I get bored with other games. ^^; It's kinda sad that there aren't that many puzzle games out these days, even if they are just new rehashes of old stuff.

NoiseHERO
May 18, 2012, 12:25 PM

Peewee's playhouse is not stupid!

And usually when they DO do something unique like play old school shows that don't suck, or a whole movie but they squeeze it into a tiny corner of your TV... It's for April fools.

Sayara
May 18, 2012, 12:46 PM
I remember Saved by the Bell day that one year was the greatest thing ever.

NoiseHERO
May 18, 2012, 12:52 PM
I remember Saved by the Bell day that one year was the greatest thing ever.

I'M SOOO EXCITEEDDDD

IIII''MMMM SSOOOO EXXCCIIITTTEEDDDDDD

/falls to the ground in tears

MTV got saved by the bell too. Though MTV is garbage, at least the commercials for it was funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldbp_eWXcHg&feature=related

Well... it was funny the first two times...

BIG OLAF
May 18, 2012, 04:52 PM
I remember my friend saying that Durarara!! was really weird, but awesome. Even though I don't like anime much, I think I would check out the new Toonami lineup.

Except we can't afford anything higher than basic cable at the moment. Maybe soon, though.

spade88
May 21, 2012, 12:37 AM
Toonami returns May 26, 2012 (DO NOT BE LATE), and remember Toonami Faithfuls...STAY GOLD!

Rath-Kun
May 21, 2012, 10:15 AM
Finally, a reason to watch cable again.

Polly
May 21, 2012, 10:39 AM
So, Deadman Wonderland and Casshern Sins are the last two slots if the Saturday schedule is to be believed. Haven't seen Deadman Wonderland, but Casshern Sins was good stuff.

NoiseHERO
May 21, 2012, 11:47 AM
Deadman wonderland is actually pretty good.

spade88
May 21, 2012, 04:42 PM
I prefer Accel World, and Gundam AGE myself right now...

Emp
May 21, 2012, 09:01 PM
So, Deadman Wonderland and Casshern Sins are the last two slots if the Saturday schedule is to be believed. Haven't seen Deadman Wonderland, but Casshern Sins was good stuff.

Deadman wonderland is actually pretty good.

If you like animes with wussy main characters like Ganta, watch it. I personally don't recommend Deadman Wonderland because of Ganta and the plot.

[SPOILER-BOX]Innocent MC goes to jail because he is framed, fight battles with other deadmen to get candy(keeps all the prisoners from dying from poison), watches all his friend suffer, never gets out of the Deadman Wonderland at the end of the anime.
[/SPOILER-BOX]
^plot

NoiseHERO
May 21, 2012, 09:13 PM
If you like animes with wussy main characters like Ganta, watch it. I personally don't recommend Deadman Wonderland because of Ganta and the plot.

[SPOILER-BOX]Innocent MC goes to jail because he is framed, fight battles with other deadmen to get candy(keeps all the prisoners from dying from poison), watches all his friend suffer, never gets out of the Deadman Wonderland at the end of the anime.
[/SPOILER-BOX]
^plot

I read the manga, but I will agree that the anime ended horribly and got nowhere NEAR ganta's character development into... less of a bitch whose naivete drags down all of his friends in the cruel harsh reality that he lives in.

But later, like all other whiny shounen heroes he does man up and kick some ass.

I'd say watch the anime, then read the manga.

edit:And this is coming from a dude that will watch an anime for like 3 minutes and say "I already know the ending. I hate this, now."

~Inu~
May 22, 2012, 04:11 PM
I just want to see Samurai Jack again, although Aku's voice actor passed away so I don't know what will become of that wish.
I believe they never finished the series, I just went and googled it and as I thought Jack never defeated Aku and got to go home... The series just kept going and never finished... I really would have liked to see Jack get his happy ending.

Toonami played on April Fools and Tom reviewed Mass Effect 3 (very well I might say!), I'd love to see him do more game reviews.

PSO Addict
May 22, 2012, 05:29 PM
I just realised that even if was the same anime line up as adult swim, then at least I wouldn't have to put up with adult swim's obnoxious ads and what not.

goldwing
May 22, 2012, 06:50 PM
I just want to see Samurai Jack again, although Aku's voice actor passed away so I don't know what will become of that wish.
I believe they never finished the series, I just went and googled it and as I thought Jack never defeated Aku and got to go home... The series just kept going and never finished... I really would have liked to see Jack get his happy ending.

Toonami played on April Fools and Tom reviewed Mass Effect 3 (very well I might say!), I'd love to see him do more game reviews.

That would u b nice. Iv always wanted to see it end

Taijutsu-Joshua
May 22, 2012, 08:50 PM
That would u b nice. I've always wanted to see it end

Yeah, so do I.

For some reason, I'd just love to watch some uncut Dragon Ball Z on Toonami. Just one classic show.

They used to show it a couple years back around 10:30...

DEVON22
May 24, 2012, 11:57 AM
Toonami maybe coming back but are their good shows also coming back. Before toonami was cancelled they fell off on their programing.

spade88
May 26, 2012, 05:00 AM
Toonami's Debut Lineup
12:00 a.m. -- Bleach
12:30 a.m. -- Deadman Wonderland
1:00 a.m. -- Casshern Sins
1:30 a.m. -- Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
2:00 a.m. -- Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG
2:30 a.m. -- Cowboy Bebop

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBvDO2JAMNg&feature=youtu.be

Noblewine
May 26, 2012, 11:33 PM
I'll believe it when I see it. Adult swim sucks and I hate how it ruined Cartoon Network. The saturday lineup sucks and I only watch a few shows. Half of the stuff that's on there needs to go.

Eliminating Toonami was the worse thing to happen and replacing it with Adult Swim was a dumb move. I rather watch something else. =/
It was a lame excuse to put adult rated garbage on it. When they put Outlaw Star, Ghost in a Shell and Boondocks was okay. Metalocolpse needs to go and so does half of the other garbage on its time slots.

NegaTsukasa
May 27, 2012, 01:44 PM
Meh, gives me something to watch late at night if I so desire. Times certainly have changed however. so it wont be the same as back then, naturally. however I think it's refreshing that its back, even for a short time. It would be nice to have a separate channel though. or for that matter, why it wouldn't be on Boomerang? considering Boomerang runs all the shows and line ups that originally aired on CN a long time ago.

I watch anime rarely. and sometimes by means of internet. but I think having it on TV instead of a monitor is a little better. no crap lag from ads and stuff from a rogue hosting site.

In other news, for those who watched Casshern Sins last night. did you count how many times they said Casshern? XD

Polly
May 27, 2012, 03:01 PM
In other news, for those who watched Casshern Sins last night. did you count how many times they said Casshern? XD

Another fun one throughout the series' run is to count the number of times Casshern looks at his hands.

I make fun of the show's faults a lot, but I think they executed a lot of it damn well.

Mantiskilla
May 27, 2012, 03:15 PM
It's coming back? I thought it was still around haha. I think the last time I actually watched Toonami was back when I was college 10+ years ago. Does it still play all the same rerun stuff, or stuff that's old and you've already seen? I like anime, but I never thought Toonami was very good IMO.

Neo Flint
May 27, 2012, 03:16 PM
I'm really glad Toonamis back and all but watching Deadman Wonderland censored kind of killed it for me. I may as well watch it online. ._.

NegaTsukasa
May 27, 2012, 08:51 PM
I'm really glad Toonamis back and all but watching Deadman Wonderland censored kind of killed it for me. I may as well watch it online. ._.

the show got the best of my curiosity, so I watched the 12 episodes (so far) that have been released. and I must say, If they are going to censor that show, it will be a major loss on content.

the show's content is extremely morbid. even censored. So I'm honestly surprised it was put on the line up. it should at least be pushed to 2am when younger kids are asleep for sure.

Noblewine
May 28, 2012, 12:33 AM
I heard it was an april fools joke by Adult swim when they announced it. That's like giving Cartoon Network the middle finger for the years of decent quality of cartoons by putting garbage on it. The three shows Harvey Birdman attornye at law, Adventure Brothers, Sealab 2021 felt like it was an insult to cartoon network originality. Where do they hire these wiseguys from?!

I rather watch Boomerange or the Hub channel since the shows on those channels are more entertaining. I mean when Comedy central had Dilbert and The Critic that was fine. Every now and then I watch SouthPark, regardless, of how stupid it is. I lost faith in Adult swim and refuse to watch it anymore. They butcher any anime they put on their timeslots and they put garbage to replace it. Look at Big O for an example. I loved it but hated the ending. It confused me. Why end it like that without an explanation of some sort. =/
I had to ask a buddy from High School years later to spoil it for me. He gladly explained what happened and I was happy compared to how they butchered it.

Adult swim use to be good but it was just an excuse to branch away from toonami to put adult rated garbage on their times slots. When they put a retarded show like Aqua Teen hunger force to replace Baby Blues or whatever I'm done.

Blackheart521
May 28, 2012, 02:40 AM
I heard it was an april fools joke by Adult swim when they announced it. That's like giving Cartoon Network the middle finger for the years of decent quality of cartoons by putting garbage on it. The three shows Harvey Birdman attornye at law, Adventure Brothers, Sealab 2021 felt like it was an insult to cartoon network originality. Where do they hire these wiseguys from?!

I rather watch Boomerange or the Hub channel since the shows on those channels are more entertaining. I mean when Comedy central had Dilbert and The Critic that was fine. Every now and then I watch SouthPark, regardless, of how stupid it is. I lost faith in Adult swim and refuse to watch it anymore. They butcher any anime they put on their timeslots and they put garbage to replace it. Look at Big O for an example. I loved it but hated the ending. It confused me. Why end it like that without an explanation of some sort. =/
I had to ask a buddy from High School years later to spoil it for me. He gladly explained what happened and I was happy compared to how they butchered it.

Adult swim use to be good but it was just an excuse to branch away from toonami to put adult rated garbage on their times slots. When they put a retarded show like Aqua Teen hunger force to replace Baby Blues or whatever I'm done.

How can you hate Adult Swim... The Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, The Mighty Boosh, Harvey Birdman:Attorney at Law... Those are all genius...GENIUS!

spade88
May 28, 2012, 03:49 AM
How can you hate Adult Swim... The Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, The Mighty Boosh, Harvey Birdman:Attorney at Law... Those are all genius...GENIUS!

Adult Swim pretty much killed what Toonami was, they even obliterated the anime that was airing and added more live action BS.

Toonami is anime, anime, and wait for it.....more anime (the way it should be)

It pissed me off to see the Adult Swim Logo when Toonami was running.

You can't have a time block advertising in another time block on cartoon network, it just stupid. (How is Toonami suppose to advertise its own logo) - between commercials

HUcast Omega
May 28, 2012, 03:58 AM
I'm glad they brought Toonami back, but it isn't the same Toonami, not the Tom that guided me through life (Ver. 1, 2, and 3), and it isn't the same shows. My childhood is still dead, and Cartoon Network still plays shows that make me want to vomit. I hate being an adult...

spade88
May 28, 2012, 04:08 AM
I'm glad they brought Toonami back, but it isn't the same Toonami, not the Tom that guided me through life (Ver. 1, 2, and 3), and it isn't the same shows. My childhood is still dead, and Cartoon Network still plays shows that make me want to vomit. I hate being an adult...

Its not that bad, I mean the game reviews are okay, and a least we have 2 new anime to watch. (its a start)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbOJSgkNIA0

goldwing
May 28, 2012, 12:19 PM
The new tom kinda nice. I gotta get used to the new stuff but a step back isnt to bad.

Meta77
May 28, 2012, 11:21 PM
If they get more money they will add new tom shorts and shows but to get money from AS they need views.

spade88
May 29, 2012, 12:40 AM
The only anime I could stand that was new was Deadman Wonderland, but I did enjoy seeing cowboy bebop and SAC 2nd GIG :)

goldwing
May 29, 2012, 03:00 AM
The only anime I could stand that was new was Deadman Wonderland, but I did enjoy seeing cowboy bebop and SAC 2nd GIG :)

My bestfriend was talking about deadman. I soooo wanna c that to.

Noblewine
Jun 6, 2012, 09:37 PM
Adult swim is probably trying to bring their fans back by promising to bring Toonami back. Any anime they put on their times slots they end up butchering. I wonder how long this will last before they dump it and try to put garbage to replace it.