PDA

View Full Version : What is the best photon blast? :-?

zain160
May 18, 2012, 12:36 PM
:-? Like the title say what PB is the best :-?

Chaos Rappy
May 18, 2012, 12:50 PM
As far as PB recommendations go, it's hard to determine a "best", because they're generally situational. For the most part, though, two are most widely used over the others online, that much I can say: Midgul, and Flozir, the reasons for which I shall list here:

Flozir: Depending on the number of people who join in it, its effects become greater the more that particpate, which amount to the following effects:
1 - Gives you infinite PP; great for Forces who cast a lot.
2 - Gives you both infinite PP AND cut the charging time for Ra-/Gi- techs and Photon Arts by half, which is amazingly useful for those who would like to spam things like Bite Stamp/Over End/Gimegid.
3- Along with infinite PP and quick-charges, all hits you land on foes will always be "Critical Hits", which inflict 2x the damage to the foe, tremendously increasing the performance of attack techs and Photon Arts that utilize high ATP mods, like Bite Stamp/Over End/Divine Ray.
4 - All of the above, but also initiates a temporary "God Mode" status, in which you cannot be affected by any attacks from enemies, which includes status effects.

The duration of all of these effects is thought to be approximately 1 minute, so get it all in while you can! With all four effects, it usually will outlast the boss battle in a competent team.

Migdul: Depending on the number of people jumping in to join, all who participate will gain an immensely powerful ATP/MST increasing Shifta and DFP/Tech Resistance increasing Deband (the more, the merrier), and all foes in range will be hit with a powerful Jell/Zalure effect. While the latter effect does not work on most bosses, using this during a boss will generally allow for a very quick battle if not simply from the sheer output of damage this can result in. The insane numbers you'll see from this with a high% high-end sword using Over End will leave your jaw dropped.

It's speculated that the more people that participate also equate to a longer lasting effect in this PB, however, it's usually noted to be shorter-lasting than Flozir, IIRC.

That's about all I have to say on this. You can decide for yourself which is what you desire, but I won't say that Pacifal and Granir DON'T have their uses... just not as much online, where teamwork is more important than your sheer damage output. :P

EDIT: Upon closer inspection, I notice this is a poll... eh, I'll just keep what I said here, but as for my opinion on the subject, Flozir is just WAY too convenient for someone like me, who, so long as I'm with someone else, I can get all the PA-spamming I want for my HUnewearl with it or all the techs I could ever want for my FOmarl. ;P

zain160
May 18, 2012, 12:58 PM
i just put this to see what people put

Sp-24
May 18, 2012, 01:22 PM
My thoughts are pretty much the same as Chaos's. Flozir and Midgul. They both greatly boost my damage output... Which is all I need.

FOODFOOD
May 18, 2012, 02:15 PM
Granir is pretty nice in Offline until you start out-damaging it with better items.

zain160
May 18, 2012, 02:44 PM
pick something yall like more please

Vintasticvin
May 18, 2012, 03:17 PM
Well thers this one pb I like that summons a bat who damages ALL hostile targets and boxes plus it has s chance to paralyze

Chaos Rappy
May 18, 2012, 03:30 PM
That'd be Pacifal, in case you were wondering Vin. :P

Vintasticvin
May 18, 2012, 03:48 PM
Thank you chaos for clarifying it for me and yes its just as handy as the big twi.

Daggart
May 18, 2012, 06:16 PM
Flozir hi 5!

That pretty much sums everything up.

Sp-24
May 18, 2012, 06:18 PM
I'll probably pick Midgul, then, because of its cute color. But I can't say that one is necessarily better than the other one.

Haha, didn't expect to be the first one to pick it!

DoctorShanks
May 19, 2012, 10:29 AM
Flozir online because of the effects it grants. My second vote probably would have gone to Pacifal for its usefulness at the Makara and Rioh boss battles, but that's pretty situational. Same with Granir; its usefulness drops as you get stronger as FOODFOOD says.

Midgul is cool too, but . . .

leviayurashyguy
May 20, 2012, 03:36 AM
Midgul is my cup of tea. It makes the battle more entertaining while Flozir makes it trivial, kinda the difference between a touch of death combo and an infinite. It also yields better results from solo player chains

Norco
May 28, 2012, 03:50 AM
Granir is quite nice for the 20 last floors in Eternal Tower I have heard.

zain160
May 28, 2012, 05:40 PM
wow really

Chaos Rappy
May 28, 2012, 05:56 PM
My guess is that, since during the last 20 floors or so, you'll be getting your gauge filled up quickly (usually; mine did last run I did as my HUnewearl), so you'll be able to use it more frequently and still have it be useful without chaining with your NPC's, as it's capable of wiping out a lot of enemies in most waves in one go (almost always the small-fries, but if powerful enough, can kill some mid-sized foes as well) if you're high enough of a level/synch using it, not to mention it also inflicts Heaven at a high rate to those it hits that can be affected by it (which, in Super, isn't many enemies, but still is cool to see on the ones it does proc on).

zain160
May 28, 2012, 06:08 PM
that cool i keep on hearing about thaa heaven thing where do you get or i am right fight the heaven mother

Chaos Rappy
May 28, 2012, 06:46 PM
Uh, well, Heaven is the "instant death" element, which comes standard on a few rares, most being top-class weapons of their type, and is a side-effect of Granir hitting a foe sometimes. The Heaven Element is the prize for achieving every title in the game (beside The Completist", the title that gives you the Heaven Element), in which is the only one you will ever obtain in the game. Most titles you'll end up getting on your way for grinding levels and playing missions, but some others require you to take special attention (like chain count titles), or be very lucky (uber-rare item owner titles, like "Legend Weaver", or whatever the title is for owning a Lavis Kanon), so getting the Heaven Element and owning it is mostly seen as a symbol of glory, rather than used on some weapon for insta-kill lulz (like I did with one I got from some unintelligent hacker a while back and put on a Lv5 Iros for Normal-mode slaughterfests).

zain160
May 28, 2012, 08:14 PM
oh cool so i need to get that. so you pretty much have to make sure what weapon you want that on

Chaos Rappy
May 28, 2012, 08:44 PM
Indeed, hence why I'm sure most people will never use theirs ever. Personally, I think I would use mine if I ever got my hands on an Iros that had a Lv5 element with 50 ACC ADJ, Linear Shake, and had an overall enemy percentage (not including ACC ADJ) of about 120 (so basically, NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS), but alas, as far as the Heaven Elements go, I still have three left from the hacker besides mine to test with, so I'm not as picky about the priorities of the weapons' stats until I get to my actual Heaven Element. Already have a Lv5 Iros w/ Linear Shake and Lv5 Rouge Pulse w/ Quick Draw for the ultimate procrates of Heaven, so I'm pretty much set for life, not to mention a Lv5 Alice Olivia with high-ass ACC ADJ and Magical Sign for my FOmarl, which all of those she can equip, which was half the reason I made her into who she is now (Alice from the SMT series, if you don't know; evil blond girl in a blue/purple dress who kills people to make them her friend... FOREVER...).

zain160
May 28, 2012, 09:13 PM
cool i think i seen that before i seen sooo many different anime

Harlocke
May 28, 2012, 10:03 PM
I don't know about best photon blast, but favorite--mine would be Midgul. I like the animation and that maniacal feel one gets after obliterating Octo Diablo in under a minute. Oh Octo Diablo, you're nowhere near the caliber of Uncle Ulty, but you're still one heck of a tentacle monster. Anyway, remember kids: if it stands in your way, use Midgul and SLASH IT TO HELL! :cool:

Already have a Lv5 Iros w/ Linear Shake and Lv5 Rouge Pulse w/ Quick Draw for the ultimate procrates of Heaven, so I'm pretty much set for life, not to mention a Lv5 Alice Olivia with high-ass ACC ADJ and Magical Sign for my FOmarl...

Silly me. For some reason I had the idea that Heaven had a 100% proc rate. That would be truly ridiculous. Just imagine though, with a 100% proc rate, slap Heaven onto a laser cannon with Sector Line. Enter Eternal Tower and proceed to lol at the idea of it ever taking you 7+ hours to reach the top. It'd still probably take a long while though and of course it wouldn't work on bosses. Funny thought, nonetheless.

I made her into who she is now (Alice from the SMT series, if you don't know; evil blond girl in a blue/purple dress who kills people to make them her friend... FOREVER...).

Alice used Die For Me.

Party annihilated.

:coffin:

zain160
May 29, 2012, 04:19 AM
really i guest i should put favorite

okay now replace best with favorite

should just remake this from the start just put favorite unstead of best

zain160
Jul 2, 2012, 02:09 PM
wow flozir has the most votes

PSchiZ
Jul 2, 2012, 03:10 PM
OI!

"*cough* There's an "Edit" button for a reason... *cough* :|" -Chaos

(Sorry, I just had to. hah)

Chaos Rappy
Jul 2, 2012, 05:31 PM
*cough* Actually, so long as there's a 24-hour period between the times of his consecutive posts, he's fine... *cough* :P

StormRyder
Jul 12, 2012, 06:49 PM
my favorite is flozir, just for all the cool unique effects it can do

as for what's best? I'd say it depends on your character. flozir is best for force simply for the free tech spamming (even solo), besides they don't so much need midgul when they have their own lv 15 buffs/debuffs

rangers and cast hunters however don't have their own shifta, which makes midgul MUCH more useful, especially when playing w/o a force teammate

granir/pacifal I'd have to agree aren't too useful online, although as mentioned they do see their use offline (tower) and as a side note when NPCs use them they have the same power as yours, unlike normal attacks