PDA

View Full Version : Hello PSO-World! Introduction and questions about the series!

Valinne
May 28, 2012, 10:16 PM
Hello everyone! Let me give you a little synopsis of my history with Phantasy Star.
I started with PSP2, and immediately fell in love. It's definitely one of the best games I've ever played. However, I wasn't satisfied with my knowledge on Phantasy Star. When I like something, I tend to want to know EVERYTHING about it.

This lead me to start the infamous PSO. I got up to the epic dragon fight, and loved every minute of its nostalgic gameplay, however I quit due to having nobody to play with after that.

Years go by, and I now find myself wanting to experience this series in full.

I got PSP2i, and I'm super excited to start it. I've played Japanese games before (grr, Tales) so I'm not concerned about that. However...

I decided instead to play through every other Phantasy Star game first, to truly understand and respect the series.

In this past week, I finished Phantasy Star I, II, III, and am currently halfway through IV. I also started playing PSO again, and am coincidentally at the dragon fight yet again. (Yet again alone as well.)

I can't describe my joy at understanding the series more and more. It's a gift that keeps on giving, and I know I'm going to make it through PSP2i with 10x the amount of satisfaction at seeing all of the references I wouldn't have gotten if I hadn't played the other games.

This lead me to come here, as now I'm brimming with questions. Questions that, as I have seen thus far, are hard answered.

If I were to ask about the connections between all of the games and their sub-series, where would it be best asked? Is there a general story section?

Speaking of the series, I wanted to know if I was correct in my assumption...
From what I can tell, Phantasy Star is split into 3 distinct series.
-The original 4 games, chronicling the Algol system,
-PSO, with Coral and Ragol, including PSO2 and possibly PS0 (zero)?
-Lastly, PSU and the Gurhal system, including PSP1 and 2 (and Infinity)

I'm really excited to learn more and more about this series! I'll finish Phantasy Star IV soon, and see if I can get a little farther in PSO.

Anyway, that's enough of a post for now. I'm happy to join PSO-World as a budding fan of Phantasy Star! Nice to meet all of you!

goldwing
May 28, 2012, 10:49 PM
Well first and formaly lets start out with a hi welcome to pso world. I wish i could answer some of ur qs but sadly i didnt start till pso. I did however play my way up from there. As how the storys tie in i myself would have to look into that as well. Respectably tho im sure u will find ur answer in the pso section of the fourms or even the classics should have what your looking for. Ur free to ask me as well i may not know it all but i do know my pso :) again welcome to psow. Maybe we can b friends XD

Valinne
May 28, 2012, 11:38 PM
Thank you! Of course we can be friends! That's why I came here!

I'll start scouring the PSO and Classics forum and find out all the information I can! I'm still finishing up PSIV, so that may give me some answers. I also have no way to play PSU, so I've resolved myself to watching a playthrough on YouTube. That may provide some information as well, although I have heard that PSP2i supplies new connections to the other series.

goldwing
May 28, 2012, 11:59 PM
That would b correct tho dont spoil psp2i for me lol iv yet to play it and i have been watching vids for it. Psu plays a huge part in psp but im sure u know that. Lol

Valinne
May 29, 2012, 02:49 PM
Yahoo! I beat Phantasy Star IV! I'm starting to see some small connections between III, IV, and PSO...

But for now I have to watch through PSU first. Once I'm done, I'll be somewhere around these forums talking about stuff!

Dhylec
May 29, 2012, 02:56 PM
You're commendable for try to learn about the PS. Don't push too hard & burn yourself out from playing too much. Save some fire for PSO2. ;]

Valinne
May 29, 2012, 02:59 PM
Haha! I can take a break and just watch YouTube videos for a little while. Unfortunately I don't have a computer decent enough to run PSO2 (yet), so until I save up enough money PSO2 is a VERY distant dream for me. PSP2i however, is not. I'm going to be so happy when I can put up posters of Nei and Alys in my room and actually get all the references!

That'll keep me going until I can finally evolve from my 2001 desktop and broken laptops.