PDA

View Full Version : Awaiting Return

BogusKun
May 30, 2012, 11:36 PM
As a hardcore veteran of the Phantasy Star Online games. I will be making my return.
After reviewing everything SEGA had to offer from the information given in Japanese magazine
to the information decoded here on site (yes PSOW is the MOST LEGITIMATE site for all of your needs)...

I have decided to make a return to PSO in PSO2. With no more military duties, and finally obtaining multiple college degrees... I found the one game I can dedicate my time to. Yes, I will be entering a Ph.D program next year and become a Cultural Studies professor... but PSO2 will be where I'm normally hanging out.

It's been a hell of a long time guys, but PSO2 looks a whole lot more promising as an Action-based RPG game... Offline and Online. I can only express my thanks in PSOW for inspiring not only myself... but a few of my friends who I have grown up with to pursue getting back on the server and smashing enemies as HUmars once again.

I know a lot will change, and hope to play with a few other veterans here as well as others from the PSU/Blue Burst era. I hope the best for this game in Japan and abroad. With their new system and evolving market... I believe PSO2 have what it takes to collect dedicated gamers, and if it ends up on the PlayStation 3 or Wii-U with PC-player compatibility... it will be a perfectly logical reason for me buying it on the console version.

-BogusKun

Anon_Fire
May 30, 2012, 11:45 PM
If it ends up on the PlayStation 3 or Wii-U with PC-player compatibility... it will be a perfectly logical reason for me buying it on the console version.

Except, there is a problem there and it is this.

PSO2 will only be on these platforms:

Windows PC
PlayStation Vita
Apple iOS and Android Smartphones

Chik'Tikka
May 31, 2012, 01:10 AM
well i for one welcome you back+^_^+ i hope we meet in game and bash some darker heads in!!!!

@Anon, those platforms are as of now, my gut says the next iteration of PlayStation or Xbox might just see PSO2+^_^+ i just think SEGA is waiting to see what the next gen consoles offer before they make any commitments+^_^+

NoiseHERO
May 31, 2012, 01:31 AM
Except, there is a problem there and it is this.

PSO2 will only be on these platforms:

Windows PC
PlayStation Vita
Apple iOS and Android Smartphones

I hope you realize that you need to jump in and counter the mentioning of this game being on other consoles increased the chances of this thread being derailed up to 60%.

Drama over whether or not this game could or should be on consoles kind of died the second this game got announced for the Vita.

watersea
May 31, 2012, 01:56 AM
Hard....core?

How hard your core is we shall see

BIG OLAF
May 31, 2012, 03:23 AM
Hard....core?

How hard your core is we shall see

I dunno, his custom user title is "God." Doesn't seem like a guy that fucks around.

:wacko:

Konflyk
May 31, 2012, 04:55 AM
Hurr derail time, I bet we get Wii-u version cuz nintendo not stingy /hurr

r00tabaga
May 31, 2012, 10:41 AM
Still hoping for ps3 too...holding out on buying PC til then

EvilMag
May 31, 2012, 11:09 AM
I'm still hoping for that Gameboy port.

NoiseHERO
May 31, 2012, 11:16 AM
I'm still hoping for that Gameboy port.

This-

NO. NO "This"! D<

WHAT THE HELL GUYS, STOP DERAILING THIS POOR MAN'S THREAD! D8

Taitu
May 31, 2012, 11:21 AM
This-

NO. NO "This"! D<

WHAT THE HELL GUYS, STOP DERAILING THIS POOR MAN'S THREAD! D8

What is there to derail?

"Hey guys I'm coming back to PSO"

"Cool story bro. /topic"

Ezodagrom
May 31, 2012, 11:36 AM
It's been a hell of a long time guys, but PSO2 looks a whole lot more promising as an Action-based RPG game... Offline and Online.
Unless I'm misunderstanding what you mean here, PSO2 is going to be online only (with the exception of the smartphone versions).

AzureBlaze
May 31, 2012, 04:25 PM
It is great to see some names that havn't been around in...well since GCPSO or earlier.

I can't help but wonder who else might show up again once PSO2 gets going? Most of the people I really knew were from the DC days or CG as well. Hopefully everyone's as hardcore as ever!

moorebounce
May 31, 2012, 05:08 PM
I dunno, his custom user title is "God." Doesn't seem like a guy that fucks around.

:wacko:

Add in that he's ex military and I'm sure he has killed a few people with a custom user title like that. Might even been a sniper.

Yunfa
May 31, 2012, 05:27 PM
You're not hardcore enough until you've not slept for 3 days STRAIGHT playing challenge mode NONSTOP...........BUUUUUUT, I'm sure the community will welcome a "veteran" back into the franchise. Just don't expect the game to soak your pants (or maybe it will) and you'll enjoy the game just fine.

NoiseHERO
Jun 1, 2012, 10:33 AM
Add in that he's ex military and I'm sure he has killed a few people with a custom user title like that. Might even been a sniper.

Some people are like "What do I feel when I shoot someone on the battlefield...? Recoil."

But other wise, it's a dick move to bring up the topic. D: