PDA

View Full Version : Ever hear about Multiverse Network?

spade88
May 31, 2012, 10:37 AM
I was checking out a few different network options and came across Multiverse Network. From what I gather from wiki its an "American startup company creating a network and platform for Massively Multiplayer Online Games (MMOGs) and 3D virtual worlds".

I noticed they have a free to use open source which they have gone public with on their website.

Wiki Link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiverse_Network

Main website:
http://www.multiversemmo.com/

Vintasticvin
May 31, 2012, 10:47 AM
Are you thinking of makin a ahem of pso2?

spade88
May 31, 2012, 11:07 AM
Are you thinking of makin a ahem of pso2?

Not sure what that means, so probably not since PSO2 is just lifting off................but its an idea I wanted to find out if anyone has herd of it?

Vintasticvin
May 31, 2012, 11:22 AM
Oh :p Its probably servers to rent to losd gaming worlfs on.

spade88
May 31, 2012, 11:25 AM
Oh :p Its probably servers to rent to losd gaming worlfs on.

Not sure I follow when you said "losd gaming worlfs on".

You can't rent servers to my knowledge on their website.

If I wanted to rent/use a server I would go to epcgaming or gametracker

Reksanden
May 31, 2012, 11:35 AM
I saw this thread and expected it to be about Portal 2's community thing, heh.

Ark22
May 31, 2012, 11:51 AM
Man everytime he posts I think it's me.....But awesome =D I never heard of this before. Ill put this on my list to read.

spade88
May 31, 2012, 12:00 PM
Man everytime he posts I think it's me.....But awesome =D I never heard of this before. Ill put this on my list to read.

I know its like looking into the mirror......I'm looking for a new av but none so far...lol

I was hoping to find more games that may use this open source, but no luck :(

soulpimpwizzurd
Jun 4, 2012, 12:01 AM
considering i hate point and click mmos and that's probably the extent of what you'd be able to achieve with this multiverse stuff, i'm not really keen on the idea. we don't need more of the same thing. we need games with fresher core game mechanics like pso2.