PDA

View Full Version : New Weapons & Mag Evolutions revealed

ShadowDragon28
May 31, 2012, 11:17 PM
http://bumped.org/psublog/weapons-and-mags-coming-soon-to-phantasy-star-online-2/

Info from "4Gamer". Brought to you by Bumped.org...

new concept art and info added check it out!

NoiseHERO
May 31, 2012, 11:23 PM
Do want tuxedo.

DO WANT TUXEDO.

If Male CASTs can wear that tuxedo (doubt it) Then I'd be able to make my one robot dude character. D:

Sp-24
May 31, 2012, 11:23 PM
Wonderful, if a bit over-the-top. That Rappy Fan Fan is especially fascinating.

skuld01
May 31, 2012, 11:24 PM
why i want the Rappy Fan....WHY.

NoiseHERO
May 31, 2012, 11:25 PM
Wow I saw the rappy "fan" cards in the video (ripping feathers out of a tortured rappy) and when I brought it up everyone ignored me and continued talking about boring rappy launchers. D:

Sp-24
May 31, 2012, 11:29 PM
We are still missing a Hunter Rappy weapon, I think. Rappy Mace?

soulpimpwizzurd
May 31, 2012, 11:31 PM
Wow I saw the rappy "fan" cards in the video (ripping feathers out of a tortured rappy) and when I brought it up everyone ignored me and continued talking about boring rappy launchers. D:

yeah if i think about it, they made quite the morbid device. it's a little sadistic and seems like something that could be an idea in a saw movie if they put a human on it instead.

KIMOCHI, EEEEEHHHHH (<- this is kimochi ii (kimochi = feel. ii = good), but slang. ii turns into ehh and imo it sounds really gross. especially when i hear those actual nasty looking otaku on youtube videos say it. gives me the shivers. WHICH IS WHY I ALSO SIMULTANEOUSLY LOVE IT BUAHA!)

that aside, the tux looks great. i also dig how the dragon scale sword looks like the ps portable logo? i think. and the feather units look cool.

ShadowDragon28
May 31, 2012, 11:31 PM
I definately *must* have the "Vol Scale" sword an the "Cruel Coffin" ice-freezing gunslash, and the Ragne Ansara partisan...

More pics/alternate pics on the Facebook page...

http://www.facebook.com/bumped.org

Drifting Fable
May 31, 2012, 11:51 PM
Man, Fanblum is going to look so bitchin on my Newman to be.

Current Favorites: Cruel Coffin and Ragne Answerer.

Vol Scale oddly fails to impress me despite my love of giant swords. :|

Gardios
Jun 1, 2012, 12:02 AM
All those mags are so damn cute.

I still want a Rappy launcher!

BIG OLAF
Jun 1, 2012, 12:09 AM
*honks a horn*

Yeah, yeah, weapons are cool and all...

I'm more curious about the female "version" of the suit. A dress of some sort, hopefully.

NoiseHERO
Jun 1, 2012, 12:16 AM
*honks a horn*

Yeah, yeah, weapons are cool and all...

I'm more curious about the female "version" of the suit. A dress of some sort, hopefully.

No...

No dresses...

http://image.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/61004/61004,1234214892,10/stock-photo-beautiful-sexy-woman-wearing-white-suit-and-tie-24700780.jpg

Whachu know bout dat feminine swaggurrrr?

BIG OLAF
Jun 1, 2012, 12:21 AM
[SPOILER-BOX]http://image.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/61004/61004,1234214892,10/stock-photo-beautiful-sexy-woman-wearing-white-suit-and-tie-24700780.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Whachu know bout dat feminine swaggurrrr?

That looks sexier anyway. Yeah, let's go with one of those.

Macman
I want that Vol Dragon sword...

KunoMochi
LOL Rappy Fan Fan! XD I love the literalness of it.

And I think I remember seeing a PSO2 trailer with a female Ranger in a wedding dress, and using that same bouquet rifle. I just can't seem to find it again...

Zorafim
Jun 1, 2012, 12:31 AM
Meh. I like the weapons we have so far better than these.

TheMagickHat77
Jun 1, 2012, 12:32 AM
As much as I love me some over the top weapons, those might be pushing it.

On the other hand, those mags look awesome. I was just wondering earlier today what they'd be like in PSO2.

Macman
Jun 1, 2012, 12:32 AM
I dunno Zora. Dinian rod looks pretty cool to use.

NoiseHERO
Jun 1, 2012, 12:35 AM
Yeah...

Just so you guys know, before "BE MORE LIKE PSO'S REALISM"(As if that complaint ever made sense) rants pop up.

I hope you threw all of that out the window by the time you realized you can do spinning dragoon jump PAs while wearing a rappy costume... So yeah, things are probably just going to get even crazier looking later on.

... Like infinity.

/Not complainin' >D

BIG OLAF
Jun 1, 2012, 12:37 AM
As long as we get some sort of outfit akin to being the successors of the Bath Towel and Luna Prophecy, then haww yeah.

Also, yeah, throw all that immersion garbo out the window. PSO2 is already on its way to being just as zany as PSP2i.

ShadowDragon28
Jun 1, 2012, 02:14 AM
To those here complaining about these new weapons.

Did you all forget all the strange monster part weapons, and wacky weapons PSO had? LOL *sigh*

Remember the Parasol? Leaf Rod? Booma Claw, Gigoboom Claw? Bunny Rod?
Akiko's Wok? Among others?

Drifting Fable
Jun 1, 2012, 02:31 AM
Lets not forget that giant Tarunada blade that was so large it had to fold up when sheathed. I won't be surprised if further swords have more folding sections.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZ-2Jwc-Mzg

God I hope that sword is coming back. It blew my mind.

foreignreign
Jun 1, 2012, 02:48 AM
I lol'd at Rappy Fan Fan.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jun 1, 2012, 03:15 AM
Lets not forget that giant Tarunada blade that was so large it had to fold up when sheathed. I won't be surprised if further swords have more folding sections.

PSO2 ????????? ??????Part1 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZ-2Jwc-Mzg)

God I hope that sword is coming back. It blew my mind.

... does it actually have the range of how large it looks?

PSO Addict
Jun 1, 2012, 06:49 AM
Freezies will spend all his time looking for the fancy ice staff! The Cold Coffin might be nice as well, but I don't really use my gunslash.

CelestialBlade
Jun 1, 2012, 07:05 AM
Dude. I am gonna mess up some face with those Partisans o_o

And "realism" in Phantasy Star went out the window in the classic series. You can walk around a castle IN SPACE and still breathe somehow, not to mention the implications of a planet exploding and surviving a crash landing in a space shuttle and being able to walk and breathe normally inside a rift between dimensions. Oh, and Rykros' impossible orbit.

moorebounce
Jun 1, 2012, 07:20 AM
Well theres a good chance they'll have better looking options for Casts.

r00tabaga
Jun 1, 2012, 09:36 AM
Liking the Last Device a lot......especially with its electric charge. Me likey a cattle prod type weapon.

Crysteon
Jun 1, 2012, 10:34 AM
Dafuq.......I want those partisans nao!!!! <3 Cruel Coffin looks awesome too, but I'm not exactly an avid user of Gunslashes...but sounds good to have.

Is it me, or some of these weapons sound like they are going to be S rank already?

NoiseHERO
Jun 1, 2012, 10:36 AM
I like the giant golden magnum that turns into a chainsaw over the cruel coffin...

But that's just me. (hoping it's stronger and more rare on official release though, gunslash and WL were like my favorites so far.)

VANNO
Jun 1, 2012, 10:48 AM
Bouquet Rifle is definitely my kind of weapon. Slick and cool, yet can shoot. I can't wait to impress the monsters with that thing. Also liking the Vol Scale and Rappy Fan Fan (Plucking Feathers here I come!).

pikachief
Jun 1, 2012, 12:05 PM
Liking the Last Device a lot......especially with its electric charge. Me likey a cattle prod type weapon.

me too... even if it does look like a giant plug :P

CelestialBlade
Jun 1, 2012, 12:13 PM
Cocona needs a Glade macro if I ever get that weapon...

"Plug it in, plug it in! >:3"

NoiseHERO
Jun 1, 2012, 12:17 PM
Should've made wired lance plugs instead D:

AND WHERE'S MY WIREDLANCE YO-YO'S??

Silenttank
Jun 1, 2012, 02:07 PM
AND WHERE'S MY WIREDLANCE YO-YO'S??

That's probably the best weapon suggestion yet.

I'm liking the fact they're making more boss related weapons and armor, coming from a Monster Hunter background this gives me incentive to hunt my favorite bosses down over and over till I get all their equip drops.

Zorafim
Jun 1, 2012, 02:25 PM
Dude. I am gonna mess up some face with those Partisans o_o

And "realism" in Phantasy Star went out the window in the classic series. You can walk around a castle IN SPACE and still breathe somehow, not to mention the implications of a planet exploding and surviving a crash landing in a space shuttle and being able to walk and breathe normally inside a rift between dimensions. Oh, and Rykros' impossible orbit.

I tried to come up with reasons for each of these, but they're more ridiculous than what you're describing.
Pressurized force field (I think Dr. Who did that a few years back..., giant (planet sized?) satellite, really good steering, magic rings, highly elliptical orbit coupled by slow orbital speed.

Touka
Jun 1, 2012, 03:22 PM
Was I the only one who saw the thread title and expected knuckles and double sabers to be announced?Anyway a lot of those weps look cool.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jun 1, 2012, 04:08 PM
Was I the only one who saw the thread title and expected knuckles and double sabers to be announced?Anyway a lot of those weps look cool.

you are a wishful guy. from most of the news updates it's pretty clear knuckles etc won't come out for a while. perhaps upon commercial release.

Boodendorf
Jun 1, 2012, 04:51 PM
My god that ice gunblade is sexy as hell.
Boss themed weapons similar to MH? DO WANT!

ShadowDragon28
Jun 1, 2012, 05:40 PM
Um the classic series and these online games do have "fantasy" in the title just using a Latin style spelling "Phantasy" (like in words Phalanx or Pharmacy). They've always been a blend of fantasy and "sci-fi" and never purely "sci-fi".

This isn't Science Star Online 2 silly people.

Chik'Tikka
Jun 1, 2012, 06:08 PM
Google translate gave me fantasia as the Latin translation of fantasy+^_^+ now i wanna watch Fantasia lol+^_^+

ShadowDragon28
Jun 1, 2012, 06:15 PM
*as in Phalanx, Pharmacy. Grecco-Roman/middle-latin nomanclature it's common to use "PHA" as "Fa"...

Gardios
Jun 1, 2012, 06:16 PM
Um the classic series and these online games do have "fantasy" in the title just using a Latin style spelling "Phantasy" (like in words Phalanx or Pharmacy).
If anything, that'd be Greek.

ShadowDragon28
Jun 1, 2012, 07:02 PM
*as in Phalanx, Pharmacy. Grecco-Roman/middle-latin nomanclature it's common to use "PHA" as "Fa"...

Um like I already said.

kyuuketsuki
Jun 1, 2012, 07:31 PM
Who in the hell was ever complaining about "realism", or a lack thereof?

Now I might be able to understand complaints about the game not taking itself seriously and going a bit too far down the "wacky for the sake of wackiness" scale, but realism?

Anyway, love the Cruel Coffin, and I'm one of those weirdos who actually used the gunslash regularly. And the Rappy Fan Fan is neat, although they specifically say it throws "imitation Rappy feathers"... though I can imagine Sakai saying that while giving the ol "shifty eyes" look. >.> <.<

ShadowDragon28
Jun 1, 2012, 08:32 PM
Bumped.org was updated with info and new pics from Sakai's official PSO2 Blog

http://bumped.org/psublog/weapons-and-mags-coming-soon-to-phantasy-star-online-2/

Freshellent
Jun 1, 2012, 09:08 PM
Well, I know what Fresh is gonna be wearing for a while.

Oh yeah.

BIG OLAF
Jun 1, 2012, 09:12 PM
Well, I know what Fresh is gonna be wearing for a while.

Oh yeah.

Fits his name quite well. One could say it...suits him, yes?

Freshellent
Jun 1, 2012, 09:15 PM

[spoiler-box]That made me smile more than it should have, hi5[/spoiler-box]

No, really. This is pretty awesome stuff.

Enforcer MKV
Jun 1, 2012, 09:43 PM

*ba-dum-ch* Zing!

I'll admit it, I chuckled.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jun 1, 2012, 10:39 PM

OHOH! dis guy

Shirai
Jun 3, 2012, 02:33 PM
This game needs the hamburger mag again.

'nuf said.

Randomness
Jun 3, 2012, 06:12 PM
Monoceros mag... DO WANT. It's just too damned appropriate for a force.

LatinWolf
Jun 4, 2012, 08:15 PM
MUST HAVE Vol Scale!, lol

Macman
Jun 5, 2012, 10:24 PM
This game needs the hamburger mag again.

'nuf said.
FINALLY! Someone who understands!