PDA

View Full Version : NPC's misadventures

wafflestomper
Jun 1, 2012, 09:44 PM
Ok its time to talk about those oh so lovable NPC's that just can't seem to quite keep up. Yeah im sure most of you know how realiable they are (sarcasm) but seriously have you noticed any funny patterns in their behavior? For me its always been fun using them as support for a team but they seem to do the darnest things. Ill get Ogi saying I could handle this on my own..only to be on the ground moments later. Then you have Reve who thinks he's a tank and tries to rush everything down with the same tragic results. Sarisa despite her cuteness always hits that Resta just a little to late. And Kai welll Kai just says he can handle it alone but low and behold he will be the first to go down. Oh and Ogi will troll you by blowing up traps as you go near them...oh boy.

DoctorShanks
Jun 1, 2012, 10:02 PM
Yes. :jpsmile:

argh4430
Jun 3, 2012, 09:07 PM
I read a review of this game on socksmakepeoplesexy.net, and one of the points the reviewer thought was good was that the AI wasn't TOO good. Namely, it wasn't stealing kills and exp. (despite the fact that this game doesn't use that feature), and that it encouraged you to pull all the weight. In other words, it did enough to be passable (and make story mode a bit easier than going solo). I agreed with that sentiment.

Funniest NPC misadventure I can remember was that Reve dodge two missles from two Arkzeins, and those missles hit and killed me. I didn't think he would actually dodge them.

Lorimaz
Jun 3, 2012, 09:16 PM
Oh and Ogi will troll you by blowing up traps as you go near them...oh boy.

Too... many... times. >_<;;

Though I find, saddest of all, that Sarisa the FORCE tends to be the most resilient of the group, and can go toe-to-toe with two Arkzein, or Phobos, or whatevs, and still come out alive a good 50% of the time, unlike anyone else, who's down in 5 seconds flat whenever the big monsters come out. >.>;

At the very least, they all do well to distract a few of the enemies sometimes while I handle others, so for that they have my thanks as meatshields. ^_^;

wafflestomper
Jun 3, 2012, 09:29 PM
Reve actually dodges pretty well but he goes down like Glass Joe. Hah

wafflestomper
Jun 3, 2012, 09:32 PM
Yeah for some reason she survives better than the others o.o She can just spam that resta too :)

wafflestomper
Jun 3, 2012, 09:35 PM
Just today while on a ruins run Ogi killed the entire party from the burn trap...good times.:D

Chaos Rappy
Jun 3, 2012, 10:05 PM
Burn Trap + Ogi using Mine Sneak to set it off and escape from the blast as the rest of us all explode and die = http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lsojen5UPb1qzl06y.jpg

Daggart
Jun 4, 2012, 02:18 AM
Wafflestomper, there's an edit button for posts for a reason.

Anyhow let me try to think of some stuff off the top of my head.

Sarisa continuously running into an enemy and pushing them out of my range.
Ogi breaking chains. A lot.
Ogi shooting burn traps-- no wait, EVERYONE hitting burn traps at point blank. You'd think they'd try to avoid the exploding crates but nooooooooo.
Kai dying decently fast if you leave him despite having absurd amounts of HP. I'm pretty sure he breaks 1000 around the time you hit level 80, if not earlier.

I know it's a pretty barebones AI but I can still complain!

DoctorShanks
Jun 4, 2012, 10:09 AM
It's gotten to the point where I don't even bring them anymore. Precious exp sappers, the whole lot of them. My HUcaseal can handle the SH ET just fine on her own :3