PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Sega of Europe shutting down.

Ark22
Jun 3, 2012, 10:43 AM
Well due to massive lay offs this doesn't make me surprised. But it still hurts to see Sega going with this method.

But that doesn't mean they will be out on playing PSO2, and if they have a Ps3 they can always import the American games.

Reason why I said they won't be out on PSO2, because PSO2 may just be controlled by the Japanese servers but all languages will be supported (Maybe minus voice acting but I don't really care about it.) And honestly Sega knows if they won't PSO2 to be successful they will have to control the server.

But what are you thoughts on this matter?

On a side note: THEY FUCKING CANCELED BAYONETTA 2! Also, ANARCHY REIGNS HAS BEEN DELAYED! That is all.

I will be the credible Hulk and link the page.

http://segabits.com/blog/2012/06/02/rumor-sega-shutting-down-sega-europe-last-console-game-to-be-shown-at-e3/

Xefi
Jun 3, 2012, 10:48 AM
you know. i'm just so sick of Sega. i seriously dont have
anything else to say about them.

NO COMMENTS

spade88
Jun 3, 2012, 10:52 AM
I kinda already new this after reading this article:
[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/03/30/sega-canceling-games-cutting-jobs.aspx?PageIndex=4[/SPOILER-BOX]

Angelic Fae
Jun 3, 2012, 12:20 PM
Yeah can't say it surprises me they've been slowly fizzling out ever since they stopped making consoles. Y'know it's always sad to see a software giant die (so to speak). I know there is alot of haters out there I mean Sega has let some folks down in the past but they made some of my favourite titles. Now I know Sega of Japan an such are still gonna go on. Wonder how long for though...

Sexy_Raine
Jun 3, 2012, 12:58 PM
you know. i'm just so sick of Sega. i seriously dont have
anything else to say about them.

NO COMMENTS

Agreed. Ever since SEgduh coward-out of console in favor portable like Valkyria, I've started caring less and less about them. Esp. since they're putting less effort on localization(besides Sonic), it makes me dislike them even more. Honestly I can care less if they keep losing money, serves their ass right. I doubt PSO2 will save them either; way too late for it IMO.

NoiseHERO
Jun 3, 2012, 01:09 PM
"Update: Clumsy tweeting the rumours are false."

Heh, E3 horizon gaming rumours.

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Jun 3, 2012, 01:32 PM
This rumor didn't really make much sense from the start, Sega already said they were going to try to make multiple Sonic games on the Wii U, then there's project X zone for the 3DS, their new Sega All stars racing on Wii U, and PSO2 on Vita, so they've currently got at least 4 games that Sega is involved in that are coming to Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo game platforms.

Polly
Jun 3, 2012, 01:35 PM
Agreed. Ever since SEgduh coward-out of console in favor portable like Valkyria, I've started caring less and less about them. Esp. since they're putting less effort on localization(besides Sonic), it makes me dislike them even more. Honestly I can care less if they keep losing money, serves their ass right. I doubt PSO2 will save them either; way too late for it IMO.

Sega didn't "coward out of console in favor of portable like Valkyria" they did exactly what the Japanese market's direction said they should do. Handhelds are a pretty huge deal in Japan. More so than consoles. Sega is a Japanese company. It makes total sense for a Japanese company, catering largely to a Japanese audience, to follow Japanese trends in order to be profitable.

In the grand scheme of things, outside of a few rare exceptions, the market outside of Japan doesn't matter a whole heaping load to Sega. They're absolutely in the right for doing what's best for them as a Japanese company.

blace
Jun 3, 2012, 01:50 PM
Since the company itself is based in Japan, I can't say that I'm surprised they would rather focus on their end of the market. It may not make them look good in the west, but let's face it, they would sooner cater to their regional fans than the rest of the world to make a quick buck.

Sexy_Raine
Jun 3, 2012, 03:24 PM
Since the company itself is based in Japan, I can't say that I'm surprised they would rather focus on their end of the market. It may not make them look good in the west, but let's face it, they would sooner cater to their regional fans than the rest of the world to make a quick buck.

Catering to their own area is not a good enough excuse. Capcom is a JP developer yet almost always localizes their games. As a NA person, Sega deserves to be hated by our region. Them being gone isn't going to do anything to the other JP develpers.

Palle
Jun 3, 2012, 03:36 PM
Handhelds are a pretty huge deal in Japan. More so than consoles.
The chief reason I stopped playing MonHan. Actually, now that I think on it, my console purchases in general have ground to a halt, and I don't really touch consoles much but for Netflix.

Interesting correlation: I now play games almost exclusively on PC, care of Steam. In a way, thanks to companies like SEGA and Capcom, Valve now gets all of my business.

Powder Keg
Jun 3, 2012, 07:37 PM
False or no, I'm sure it isn't much further away than a few years for there or SoA.