PDA

View Full Version : Infinity Photon Art question.

Valinne
Jun 5, 2012, 08:34 PM
Have any photon arts been changed drastically since PSP2? I've heard Dus Skadd and Blade Destruction got downgraded, but what about the other arts?

Valinne
Jun 5, 2012, 09:27 PM
Ahh, so there isn't as clear of a "best" PA or weapon type anymore? What sort of weapons got an improvement? I've heard R-Mags and Crossbows in particular weren't so hot in PSP2.

blace
Jun 5, 2012, 09:41 PM
Crossbows are ok, their CSII is flashy and not that useful.

The most notable change in weapons is the sword, they're now as fast as a saber when attacking albeit without the added benefit of being able to equip a secondary weapon. Rods are also changed somewhat as they allow you to block if you have nothing set to the R button.

Everything else remains the same.

Valinne
Jun 5, 2012, 09:43 PM
Thank you, both of you! I'm getting back into this finally, and I'm glad to know things are a bit more balanced.

Mike
Jun 5, 2012, 10:01 PM
Crossbows in particular weren't so hot in PSP2.
Crossbows were terrible in PSP2 because they had a passive drain on the stat that controlled their damage output. That was removed in Infinity.

Alisha
Jun 5, 2012, 11:50 PM
this wont be a problem if you only play offline but some skills were indirectly nerfed as a result of other classes getting stronger. for example its rare that i ever get to do a full blade destruction,dus skaad or bogga robado because a FO or RA would break the chain before the vanilla standard of 15. or when the chain does get that high the FO or RA will kill before you finish your PA. ive seen FO's hit 10k diga's and it it would take me the entire 1st part of skaad to do 9k and in that same time the FO cast 2.5 diga's

Leon-Sky
Jun 6, 2012, 10:01 AM
Sword is way better in PSP2I !!!!!!!!!!!! (Addicted)

Miki~
Jun 6, 2012, 11:59 AM
Sword is way better in PSP2I !!!!!!!!!!!! (Addicted)

glad i'm not the only one. My hunter uses mainly swords as his weapon.

Link1275
Jun 6, 2012, 03:14 PM
The biggest difference is that swords are actually usable again(they haven't been since PSZ or PSO). FOs got a HUGE boost as well from what I've heard; their tech casting speed is much higher now, and their techs do much more damage much more easily.

Valinne
Jun 6, 2012, 03:27 PM
Yeah, I just tried using a Force, they jumped from literally unusable in PSP2 to nearly broken now. I couldn't believe what some of those spells were doing. I might have to rethink how I feel about them...

Alisha
Jun 6, 2012, 04:16 PM
i dont know ive never got much use out of double sabers.

Valinne
Jun 6, 2012, 04:26 PM
I've always liked double sabers, they seem a bit more useful so far for me. As for single claws, they were always my favorite. I actually used that all the way through story mode, both normal and hard. I LOVED the charging attack, um...Shousen, Shusou? One of those. It murdered all the bosses except dragons, which I liked using whips on. It sounds like the changes so far are good for me, then.

No more trap domination, but I was even afraid of how powerful those were while I was using them...I hope they're still usable, at least.

AsuravonD
Jun 6, 2012, 04:51 PM
I always liked claws as well! Especially fenrir+eye of rykros+mitama senba >:3
And I believe traps were nerfed as well, but still usrful for burns and stun.

Alisha
Jun 6, 2012, 05:57 PM
unfortunately traps are pretty useless now. 3 of the new bosses resist melee (crab,volna,bravas,) and even though like all dragons bravas has multiple hit points he has obscene HP. combine that with the fact that theres no way to grow trap damage so the damage doesnt scale well in infinity.

BlueCast Boy
Jun 6, 2012, 07:47 PM
I wonder if traps are still useful for Vanguard with Full-Burst Bomber, I also like using Double Sabers alot, Absolute Dance got a good buff and still makes you cool using it!

Mike
Jun 6, 2012, 07:57 PM
I wonder if traps are still useful for Vanguard with Full-Burst Bomber, I also like using Double Sabers alot, Absolute Dance got a good buff and still makes you cool using it!
Traps aren't bad. They aren't as good as they were in PSP2 but they still do a decent job.

BlueCast Boy
Jun 6, 2012, 08:08 PM
Traps aren't bad. They aren't as good as they were in PSP2 but they still do a decent job.

yeah, but equipping burst bomber and full burst bomber together would make the trap more stronger?

Mike
Jun 6, 2012, 08:12 PM
yeah, but equipping burst bomber and full burst bomber together would make the trap more stronger?
Nope. Burst bomber and full burst bomber don't stack. If you have both equipped, only full burst bomber change trap damage.

AsuravonD
Jun 6, 2012, 08:16 PM
It might stack w/ the abilities that increase damage based on the status the enemy is afflicted by however.

Mike
Jun 6, 2012, 08:23 PM
It might stack w/ the abilities that increase damage based on the status the enemy is afflicted by however.
That may be possible. I haven't tried it though.

AsuravonD
Jun 6, 2012, 08:33 PM
I haven't either lol

Alisha
Jun 7, 2012, 01:34 AM
Single Claw users have the easiest to obtain strongest weapon in the game. Sega was playing a joke when they made a 7* weapon that overpowered with an infinity extension.

i tried 1H claw but ended up prefering 1H sabers since the good claw pa completely rapes your PP and gravity strike is quite improved.

MaxVdub
Jun 7, 2012, 12:05 PM
Single Claw users have the easiest to obtain strongest weapon in the game. Sega was playing a joke when they made a 7* weapon that overpowered with an infinity extension.
which weapon is that? what are the stats with infinity extension? im assuming its a new one added for infinity?

Alisha
Jun 7, 2012, 12:19 PM
no lts a tenora claw with around a 1000 attack after infinity extend.

MaxVdub
Jun 7, 2012, 01:49 PM
i see. getting infinity extend codes seems like a pain in the ass though. combining infinity missions is some ridiculous stuff, trying to get what you want.

Alisha
Jun 7, 2012, 03:45 PM
lol no they are really easy to get.

Leon-Sky
Jun 8, 2012, 07:36 AM
yeah, If you spent many hours in the game, and you played extra missions and stuff specially GH, Fragments will rain or just at the corner.

MaxVdub
Jun 8, 2012, 04:15 PM
fragments? explain, please.

AsuravonD
Jun 8, 2012, 07:09 PM
Doing a tactical(some) or a free mission(all) on infinity rank will grant you a infinity fragment. Every 15fragments can be traded in for an extend code, while every 5 extend codes can be traded for an infinity extend code.

Leon-Sky
Jun 8, 2012, 09:36 PM
correct. ^^ So its really easy to gather some infinity extend codes, specially when you are hunting ultra rare weapon. You will spend almost near 100 hours or maybe shorter if the item/s decided to drop already ahaha! Well anyway Godspeed to your fragment hunting.

Valinne
Jun 13, 2012, 10:59 AM
What's a good twin dagger PA? A lot of the other weapons have PAs that are useful in general, but it seems like twin daggers focus specifically on only one thing. Crowd control knockdown, itty bitty AoE, straight damage, etc. Is there a specific one that stands out? I've mostly just been using Renga Chujin-shou just because of how awesome it looks. (And the knockdown)

Same question for twin claws by the way. Sougacho Sekka isn't working as well as I remember...

BlueCast Boy
Jun 13, 2012, 11:47 AM
Try using Moubu Seiren-zan its really viable Twin Dagger PA especially now it hit two enemies on its 1-2 combo on Infinity.

Valinne
Jun 13, 2012, 02:54 PM
Ahh, I see. Thanks, so far I've been mostly leaning towards anything that knocks down due to my low survivability. I tried out Renzan Seidan-ga and I can see what you mean.

How about twin sabers/sabers? I think I'm confident on all my other weapon PA choices besides those.