PDA

View Full Version : Wreck-It Ralph

Sinue_v2
Jun 6, 2012, 10:10 PM
Holy shit, I haven't been this interested for a Disney movie since I was like eight years old.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziX_lnr8-Fk&feature=player_embedded

Confirmed Cameos: Bowser, Sonic, Dr. Eggman, Q-Bert, Kano, Zangief, M. Bison, Chun-Li, Ghosts from Pacman, and the zombies from House of the Dead. Even if the movie turns out to be crap, the nostalgia-gasm alone will be worth the price of admission.

BIG OLAF
Jun 6, 2012, 10:15 PM
Also, John C. Reilly. I love that man. No one could play the heavily mentally-disabled Dr. Steve Brule quite like him.

I approve of a good "video game world" flick finally being made. I also have not been this excited for a "children's movie" in a looooong time.

NoiseHERO
Jun 6, 2012, 10:41 PM
Yeah heard of this movie months ago and it seemed like "Yeah right, no way... e_e"

But after seeing the trailers today I HAVE to see this movie.

It'll break the world record for biggest newgrounds videogame parody budget.

Sayara
Jun 6, 2012, 11:22 PM
My god.

Outrider
Jun 6, 2012, 11:22 PM
Eh... I just hope it doesn't try to coast on the "Video games, am I right?" factor.

Tyreek
Jun 7, 2012, 12:36 AM
Oh my lord... The trailer won me. So did Jane Lynch lol. I like the synopsis; very simple and yet leaves more to the table.

Off topic: More KH fodder anyone?

DayDreamer
Jun 7, 2012, 12:54 AM
Its kind of sad when after watching all those E3 trailers im more excited for a Disney movie then anything else..

Akaimizu
Jun 7, 2012, 10:51 AM
Wow. This movie is specifically targetting the 80s kids, if any of them can. Those of us who remember home computer and early game system games like "Jet Set Willy" "Pick Axe Pete" "Miner 2049er" "Squish 'Em Sam" and "Hard Hat Mack" and of course, the early Arcade scene up until Nintendo's early arcade-game works. This is pure "get the 80s kids to watch our movie" material.

Even had the nice aspect of bringing in a hit 80s Talking Heads song during the trailer. So what's gonna happen next? Will the movie theaters pump in the smell of Pizza, have skateboards for us while waiting in the movie lines so we skate our way to the front of the line? Be greeted by folks wearing colorful shiny jackets and parachute pants? Pump in music like "Automatic". "Girls Just wanna have fun." "Good enough". "I wanna new drug" "Whip it". "Uh oh it's Magic". "Happy to be stuck with you." "Ghostbusters". "Pac Man Fever" and "Do the Donkey Kong."

(Of course, all I need is for the movie theatre to bring out an old (and loud) Sinistar Machine and place it in the lobby so everybody in there can hear the words, "Beware!! I Live!!!!" And I'm done!!)

** Be even better if a kid can play the machine, have his ship get eaten by Sinistar (with his patented awesome fidelity --at the time-- roar) and run away screaming. That would bring it all back.

Hmm. I may have to watch "Goonies" before going to see this.

Powder Keg
Jun 7, 2012, 03:40 PM
This movie looks great!

And by the way....why is that same terrible song in every single commercial?

Mike
Jun 7, 2012, 06:59 PM
Because people like the Talking Heads?

Blackheart521
Jun 7, 2012, 07:02 PM
This movie looks great!

Whoa whoa whoa whoa! go easy... that song is a treat for the ears... and also... it's in every commercial because they wanted the commercials to be SAME AS IT EVER WAS ^^

Palle
Jun 7, 2012, 07:17 PM
Protip: there is water at the bottom of the ocean.

Mike
Jun 7, 2012, 07:25 PM
Protip: there is water at the bottom of the ocean.
Same as it ever was.

Powder Keg
Jun 7, 2012, 09:07 PM
Crap, totally slipped my mind that Talking Heads played in the beginning.

I'm talking about that stupid Flo Rida song at the end.

Randomness
Jun 7, 2012, 10:16 PM
There's a nagging feeling in the back of my mind that this has somehow been done before. Or at least, something ridiculously similar.

Not that I care, this looks interesting.

Mike
Jun 7, 2012, 10:20 PM
Speaking of mind slips, what was the name of that game where you play as monsters who climb up and destroy buildings, eat people from open windows, and stuff? That was the first thing that came to mind during the trailer but I can't remember the name.

NoiseHERO
Jun 7, 2012, 10:23 PM
Rampage?

BIG OLAF
Jun 7, 2012, 10:29 PM
Rampage?

Yes, it's Rampage.

Mike
Jun 7, 2012, 11:16 PM
That's it. Thanks.

goldwing
Jun 8, 2012, 12:16 AM
Woah this along with brave.... I must see!!!! Its odd i never thought id want to see another kids movie again... Boy was i wrong