PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 Best way to re-make the Protranser?

Sparks Zeta
Jun 9, 2012, 02:48 AM
As a player of PSU, I grew attached to the Protranser. I think it was because it was a supportive type of class, and the player can still hold out on it's own.

I tried alot to remake the class. For sometime, I thought the Vanguard would be the perfect fit. (Mainly because of the traps.) My main issue is that i don't feel like i'm doing as much damage as i should be, AND i'm really inaccurate for some reason. (3 out of 5 punches with knuckles would be 0.) I know that Vanguards focus much more on single handed weapons. Are double handed weapons more inaccurate when you're a vanguard? (That, Or it's because i'm a Human Vanguard. I don't know..) I feel like i'm doing something wrong.

Here's a better question: What is the best way in your opinion to re-make the Protranser class?

Leon-Sky
Jun 9, 2012, 03:11 AM
There's no protranser and vanguard job in PSP2 or in infinity. They Combined it and named Braver.Its a great job for speedy players.

blace
Jun 9, 2012, 03:26 AM
There's no protranser and vanguard job in PSP2 or in infinity. They Combined it and named Braver.Its a great job for speedy players.
He did say he wanted to recreate that particular type.

I never really used Protranser in PSU just mostly Acrofighter. Daggers increase the accuracy of some weapons like a handgun when paired together, but outside of that races with higher ATA, like Cast or Newman seem more suited to the task with their superior accuracy.

Sparks Zeta
Jun 9, 2012, 03:26 AM
There's no protranser and vanguard job in PSP2 or in infinity.

I know there is no Protranser class in PSP2 and Infinity.
Unless you're playing the Japanese Version of the game, there is a Vanguard class i think it's just called Braver in the Jap version..

What i'm asking for is that What race, and what can be done to make the class similar to it. Considering as how the Vanguard/Braver class is the closest thing someone can get to using all of the classes equally.

I never really used Protranser in PSU just mostly Acrofighter. Daggers increase the accuracy of some weapons like a handgun when paired together, but outside of that races with higher ATA, like Cast or Newman seem more suited to the task with their superior accuracy.

I never knew that mixing items make accuracy better. that's neat. Thanks for the tip. I'll keep that in mind.

And that's what i was thinking. I worked my way up with a human considering as how they're balanced for all types. Turns out i'm going to need alot of Power/Accuracy though. I actually do have the Cast around the same level. I may just have to switch his type! I never really use Teching as much. So i'll just stay with Buffs when i'm using it. Does Technique mess with buffs any? Just curious.

Leon-Sky
Jun 9, 2012, 03:35 AM
He did say he wanted to recreate that particular type.

Oops sorry about that. And I mentioned the braver class. and I will recommend a human character with that job. Either every character or race will suffice.

blace
Jun 9, 2012, 03:43 AM
I never knew that mixing items make accuracy better. that's neat. Thanks for the tip. I'll keep that in mind.

And that's what i was thinking. I worked my way up with a human considering as how they're balanced for all types. Turns out i'm going to need alot of Power/Accuracy though. I actually do have the Cast around the same level. I may just have to switch his type! I never really use Teching as much. So i'll just stay with Buffs when i'm using it. Does Technique mess with buffs any? Just curious.
I can't say I know if TEC does anything to buffs, but some of the Force abilities lets you have a longer buff time. Try mixing up some of the abilities around to get something that'll help you in the long run. Currently, I have a Newman Vanguard with some Force abilities that make my buffs have more range and greater healing.

Alisha
Jun 9, 2012, 03:57 AM
can you give more detail? i played human female vanguard as my 1st char. fists are good for VA since they boost eva. what lvl are you? whats your type lvl? what lvl monsters are you fighting? what lvl is your pa?

Sparks Zeta
Jun 9, 2012, 04:19 AM
I can't say I know if TEC does anything to buffs, but some of the Force abilities lets you have a longer buff time. Try mixing up some of the abilities around to get something that'll help you in the long run. Currently, I have a Newman Vanguard with some Force abilities that make my buffs have more range and greater healing.

Mixing different buffs alter the time and range? Can you give an example so i can try it out tomorrow? I wouldn't mind doing an experiment on it.

can you give more detail? i played human female vanguard as my 1st char. fists are good for VA since they boost eva. what lvl are you? whats your type lvl? what lvl monsters are you fighting? what lvl is your pa?

Fists Boost Eva? Ahh, I feel like a starter again. I have knowledge of the game, but i don't know every little trick about it. ^^

I'm level 64. Level 10 Vanguard. (Halfway there, right?) I don't try to fight anything above my level so most of the time i find enemies around mine. Bogga Danga Lvl 13, and Bogga Zubba Lvl 15.

I don't expect to do OP Damage, but i don't expect to do 0-40 Damage per hit, either. It's not just my Knuckles, it's all my weapons in general. Knuckles, Whips, Grenade Launcher, Bow, Axes (Does about 70. Alright i guess?) Etc. I think it's just my Accuracy is what is bothering me.

And i do Change my equipment every 10 Levels or so.

blace
Jun 9, 2012, 04:38 AM
At the type counter you can mix and match the abilities from different types together for better effect.

Here's an example of my ability set up on my Vanguard, Mikella:
[spoiler-box]http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2117&pictureid=28137[/spoiler-box]
You can use any abilities from any other type, as long as you're able to equip that ability.

Sparks Zeta
Jun 9, 2012, 09:37 AM
At the type counter you can mix and match the abilities from different types together for better effect.

Here's an example of my ability set up on my Vanguard, Mikella:
[spoiler-box]http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2117&pictureid=28137[/spoiler-box]
You can use any abilities from any other type, as long as you're able to equip that ability.

I think i understand what you're talking about.

Say if i was a Ranger for the longest time, I could still switch to a different type and keep my Abilities. So i can have something like a Vanguard class with ranger abilities. I've done this before, i guess i really didn't care at the time and never realized how much of a difference it could be. This is really going to help. I've decided to switch back to my Cast for this project, also. Considering as how they do more damage. (I think they have better accuracy, too?) Thanks for the Advice. I'm going to spend my day trying to re-make the class to my liking. :-D

blace
Jun 9, 2012, 12:47 PM
In terms of accuracy it goes like this: Cast, Newman, Human and Beast. Physical strength is in this order: Beast, Cast, Human and Newman. Also I recall, Casts also have the highest HP, so you're utilizing the best suited race, although their EVA is the lowest.

Sparks Zeta
Jun 9, 2012, 02:32 PM
In terms of accuracy it goes like this: Cast, Newman, Human and Beast. Physical strength is in this order: Beast, Cast, Human and Newman. Also I recall, Casts also have the highest HP, so you're utilizing the best suited race, although their EVA is the lowest.

Evasion is really something i don't focus on. Unless i REALLY have to use it. I tend to focus alot more on Guarding and Perfect guarding.

And it's a good thing, too. As i said, My Human and My Cast were around the same level. So i just transferred my stuff. Although it's going to take a while for me to use S-Rank weapons, (I'm having to use C rank weapons for now. ^^;) i'm sure It'll be worth it later.

Also, I'm seeing better results. I'm more accurate, doing more damage (100-150 per hit, PAs are doing 300-600 damage.) And i can actually stand taking a few hits. It's great!

Alisha
Jun 9, 2012, 02:46 PM
im of the opinion that cast is the worst vanuard. eva may not seem that useful now but eventually it will become useful. but sometimes you need to learn for yourself through experience :)

Sparks Zeta
Jun 9, 2012, 02:56 PM
im of the opinion that cast is the worst vanuard. eva may not seem that useful now but eventually it will become useful. but sometimes you need to learn for yourself through experience :)

I'm sure that there's going to be alot of situations later on that it will be necessary. Maybe I'll have EVA modules at that time to fix the issue. As far as TECH goes, I'm probably only going to be using buffs/debuffs. I don't think that it will count against me any later on. I'll find out for myself.

Also, Since Casts have the worst evasion and vanguards have the best evasion, wouldn't it be balanced/normal? I kind of see it like that.

blace
Jun 9, 2012, 03:09 PM
They get hit more often than you may think, for evasion Newman or Beast endgame are near untouchable.

Sparks Zeta
Jun 9, 2012, 10:35 PM
They get hit more often than you may think, for evasion Newman or Beast endgame are near untouchable.

I think i know what you mean now. I fought Yut three times earlier today, And i was getting destroyed. (That, and i had a supportive SUV attack. It didn't help any.) He was about six levels above me. I switched my Axe to knuckles for the time being to see how much it helps. I sped through him. I may have to keep them as my primary weapon.

Evasion is going to be really important in the future. ^^;

blace
Jun 9, 2012, 10:46 PM
Especially if you plan on doing MAX missions.