PDA

View Full Version : Infinity Episode 1 Hard or Episode 2 first?

Valinne
Jun 11, 2012, 09:28 AM
That's about it. Wondering which would be more beneficial in the long run. Episode 2 to get all the missions and such, or Episode 1 Hard to get more weapons, S rank stuff and whatever else?

Also, level caps and whatnot. If there's no clear answer, what order did you go in, personally?

AsuravonD
Jun 11, 2012, 12:38 PM
Most people had their saves concerted, so ep1-hard would've been done 1st.
If you want to level types abit, I'd suggest ep1-hard, since you already know what to do and don't have to worry about the endings assuming you played through worst, normal, and true ending.

Alisha
Jun 11, 2012, 11:30 PM
i think ep2 starts with lvls around 50-60. and i think the trade mission weaps you get access to from beat beating ep1 hard require lvl 100.

Aki_Yoruno
Jun 15, 2012, 08:48 AM
I say go with Ep 2 next. The lvl ranges just make more sense that way. It'll break the grind, too. Not that Infinity has much of a grind. (Unless you count my seemingly pointless recent grind of Ep 1 Ch 1 which never got me that True Ending I wanted on my alt...)

Valinne
Jun 15, 2012, 01:31 PM
Thanks! I ended up doing Episode 1 Hard anyway, and ended up around level 100 from some grinding. At this point, I'm just going to grind level 200 and rebirth, then do Episode 2. I had thought the level range started at 50, it actually ends at 50 for the first chapter. 2-52.

Time to learn what Magashi Plan is all about...

layn2321
Jun 16, 2012, 08:52 PM
Not that Infinity has much of a grind.

I'm curious if I'm missing something -- why do you say infinity doesn't have much of a grind? I've been doing free missions and IM's to get the spellstones to do magashi runs, and it still feels like a grind. I enjoy the grind, certainly not complaining, but is there some other method that's quicker and less grindy?

Aki_Yoruno
Jun 19, 2012, 06:43 PM
I'm curious if I'm missing something -- why do you say infinity doesn't have much of a grind? I've been doing free missions and IM's to get the spellstones to do magashi runs, and it still feels like a grind. I enjoy the grind, certainly not complaining, but is there some other method that's quicker and less grindy?

After re-reading it... Let me rephrase: Not that Infinity is AS much of a grind as PSP2.

Valinne:
If you do Ep 2, you'll unlock more free missions and stuff so the grind will become even less boring.

MaxVdub
Jun 19, 2012, 09:15 PM
Is there any way of telling which Hard mode story missions you've already completed? Because it doesn't appear that the game keeps track for you. I assume also that in order to "beat" hard mode you have to clear all of them?

blace
Jun 19, 2012, 09:49 PM
When you go to the mission counter, and choose story mission, you can select parts of the story from the normal mode chapters to hard mode. Hard mode chapters have a higher level recommendation than the normal mode chapters and can only be selected once you've cleared the episode.

To qualify as clearing hard mode, you'll need to do each chapter in hard mode.

Miki~
Jun 19, 2012, 10:07 PM
Is there any way of telling which Hard mode story missions you've already completed? Because it doesn't appear that the game keeps track for you. I assume also that in order to "beat" hard mode you have to clear all of them?

check your vision phone. it should be listed there.

MaxVdub
Jun 19, 2012, 11:41 PM
check your vision phone. it should be listed there.

ah. ill check there, thanks.