PDA

View Full Version : Game Beyond bored, looking for something "new"

Meyfei
Jun 12, 2012, 08:58 PM
my taste varies as much as the next person (who isnt hardcore addicted to graphics) when it comes to games.

I've played many games, but as of late my crap laptop decides to break everything. I just cleaned it out with a reformat a week ago for crying outloud! -.-

examples+system specs:
[spoiler-box]
Mabinogi MASSIVE lagfest, worked fine months ago.
Tibia Annoying as hell FPS drops, i can get 30-250 but suddenly i drop low, how low? like 0.75fps low.

Specs:
Acer aspire 5552-5615
AMD Phenom II X3 N830
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250
4GB DDR3 memory
320GB HDD[/spoiler-box]

Anywho, i may be missing some info but ohwell. I knew of a few games i'd play to pass the time till i'd find something else, however one i lost complete interest in, the other is dead, and everything else is p2p/dieing/already been there

I want something different, the typical but unique in it's own way. but thats a stretch i'll settle for suggestions, but for now just something free. Also if you have any idea's abotu my fps/lag issues in them 2 specific games i'd appreciate any and all feedback. i can play D3 just fine but why not them old dogs.

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Jun 12, 2012, 09:03 PM
Something free? are you really expecting to find much aside from mediocre MMOs?

Meyfei
Jun 12, 2012, 09:07 PM
just "something" lol atleast till friday when i get paid xD

that being said, anything f2p with P2P would be mediocre to wouldnt it?

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Jun 12, 2012, 10:45 PM
just "something" lol atleast till friday when i get paid xD

that being said, anything f2p with P2P would be mediocre to wouldnt it?

yah, I thought you were just looking for games in general, like on Steam and stuff

Chik'Tikka
Jun 13, 2012, 12:18 AM
your laptop will run this fine+^_^+ http://fiesta.outspark.com/landing/027?src=nbm&kyd=Fiesta:BANNERSIZEAffLink:0:0:%28235258%29&aff=235258
it's got a a lot of people playing on their servers+^_^+ and the cash shop sells mostly aesthetic items and booster consumables+^_^+ all the base game-play is perfectly free+^_^+ (although leveling is a pain after awhile) it's a good holdover if your into WoW clones+^_^+

Sparks Zeta
Jun 13, 2012, 12:25 AM
Dungeon Fighter Online is a pretty good MMO.

It's and RPG mixed with an arcade Beat-em up. My computer is pretty bad, and it can run it pretty good.

It's very flashy, too.

catwat
Jun 13, 2012, 06:16 AM
Cave Story if you havent yet or maybe kill time with something on the PS2/GC/Wii (emulator).

Valinne
Jun 13, 2012, 09:48 AM
Ragnarok's pretty much the only online game I've ever reinstalled.

And I've done that probably 20 times.

FOODFOOD
Jun 13, 2012, 11:06 AM
You could always play Rusty Hearts! That's still free, right?

Vintasticvin
Jun 13, 2012, 12:24 PM
Yes Rusty Hearts is still free to download and play! Also you should dive into one of the nany Nyancat games online or get out and enjoy time away from the gaming rig ;)

DayDreamer
Jun 13, 2012, 01:03 PM
Or you could be like everyone else here and play Mabinogi xD
If you want a mmo thats more like a console game you've played just ask me.
Ex. Apb reloaded = Gta
Hunter Blade = Monster Hunter

Though I have no idea if you can run either of those, im not to good with computer specs xD

Coatl
Jun 16, 2012, 05:44 PM
Yes Rusty Hearts is still free to download and play! Also you should dive into one of the nany Nyancat games online or get out and enjoy time away from the gaming rig ;)

Nany nyan cat games you should play are, but are not limited to: Spirit tales, Luna Online, whatever mmo that starts with nyan nyan desuuu.

MMOs I recommend:
PSO2

MMOs I recommend until PSO2 is playable:
Spiral Knights
Torchlight
Path of exile

Kent
Jun 17, 2012, 02:25 PM
I like how people are recommending things that are very specifically not MMOs, but calling them MMOs.

But anyway... Dungeon Fighter Online is something I can personally recommend. Do you like brawlers? Streets of Rage, Double Dragon, Guardian Heroes and such? If you do, and you're attracted to a class-based RPG aspect, you'll probably really like Dungeon Fighter Online (also Rusty Hearts, though it's 3D and the combat doesn't flow quite as well - DFO's combat flows like a fighting game; it's surprisingly-well-done for something out of Korea).

Spiral Knights is another option, but something I have trouble recommending because of how they handle the free-to-play aspect. Whereas DFO and Rusty Hearts don't shove down your throat limitations on how much you can play (any more, DFO removed this in a surprising twist of Nexon actually listening to its consumers), but instead rely on cosmetic item gambling and the like to support them, Spiral Knights gives you a small amount of energy per day, which is used to go to a new floor in any given dungeon, or to open certain optional doors, or to craft gear.

It's not that bad at first, but it can easily get to a point where you can no longer really progress without having to buy energy (which doesn't count toward the 100-per-day limit on the free energy you always get), due to the extreme and prohibitive costs of gear crafting. But before you get to that point, the game can be pretty fun.

There's also Firefall, which is currently in closed beta that you can sign up for. Unlike most things suggested here, it's actually massively-multiplayer, and a first/third-person shooter at that. Oh, and it was designed by the guy who created and designed the first two Tribes games (you know, the good ones).

I suppose I could also recommend Tribes: Ascend, if you're in the mood for a fast-paced first-person shooter. Fair warning though, don't go into it expecting anything close to the amount of strategy involved in the good games in the series.