PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite Ranger Weapon?

zain160
Jun 15, 2012, 02:13 AM
what is your favorite ranger weapon?

Sp-24
Jun 15, 2012, 02:48 AM
Handguns, I guess. There isn't many Ranger weapons for my HUnewm to pick from, anyway. But I like Gunblades a lot, too.

Chaos Rappy
Jun 15, 2012, 11:48 PM
If only it didn't have Chaos - "Mo"-lesta Laser!

If only it wasn't Human-only - Emperor Axeon!

If only it was a little stronger - Neidaryl!

I think my favorite ranged weapon type is pretty much obviousness. :P

Atbar
Jun 16, 2012, 12:32 AM
My most frequently used ranger weapons are Rouge Pulse with Flame Hit and Lavateinn with Mine Sneak. Before I got a decent Rogue Pulse, I went with Tachyon Gun with Thriller Combo and those suckers can be manipulated into having level 5 Celeb. That was a proud day for my old FOmar, the first guy I got to 100, who got lazy with using attack techs and started meleeing at the end of his career because he didn't have a decent gun before that.

I noticed with gunblades, I used an Emperor Axeon when running physical/gunning Forces (I like the human forces designs over the newmans so I used them more) and human rangers and Frigiands with Earth Bullet when running Cast Rangers (though if I could've found or even traded for a Lv-3 Neidaryl with Earth Bullet, I would've used that instead because I like their design more).

In the end, mechguns mostly get used by me for shooting at Reyburn's face, Octo Diablo, and Mother Trinity's three chess pieces.

I learned to hate bazookas and lasers because I can't stand their speed. Some people swear by Divine Ray with lasers, especially for boss battles. Some people have fun with Crush Bomb and Wild Blow with bazookas.

Street482
Jul 1, 2012, 07:10 PM
lol! Gunblades have totally taken over, i hope they are in PSO2.

Daixsue
Jul 2, 2012, 07:07 PM
Machine guns make me feel like the matrix. especially with cool style. However, my HuNewm lacks access to ranged weapons.

Chaos Rappy
Jul 2, 2012, 07:14 PM
Well, if you can find them, you might just like using the Twin violets weapon. All classes can use it, and it's a pretty powerful weapon itself for a 6* mechgun. Though it's permanently set with Lv3 Heart, and can occasionally be found with no PA, but can also come with any, even Cool Style... Hard/Super Euladaveils (the rare black leg-things in the shrine) drop them. ^_^

CookieSundae
Jul 4, 2012, 03:14 PM
LOL!

Be a humar, cosplay Squall, and wear gunblade! <3 ^o^b

leviayurashyguy
Jul 4, 2012, 11:43 PM
I enjoy Mech Guns, power comparable to a Gunblade but w/o the being up close factor. Used to be a time when Mech Guns were the best ranged damage. Wish the PA's were a little better or had utility. Even tho Daggers and Slicers are mainly used for their combos as well, they have decent PA's to use in that occasional scenario.

DoctorShanks
Jul 5, 2012, 12:30 PM
Hahaha, BOZOokas. Outside of the occasional Wild Blow spam and cool-to-look-at-but-impractical high numbers, they're dreadful.

Daggart
Jul 5, 2012, 03:07 PM
It was a tough decision, but I went with handguns. Usually I just stick with those as backup or never for a ranger but the general meh-ness of rifle PAs (Hollow Snipe is eh, Wipeout is awesome but impractical, Mine Sneak is meh but I can't deny its usefulness and am willing to use a rifle with it just for that) kinda turns me off from them in this game mostly.

Then I came across an H44 with Thriller Combo and used it and my life was never the same. Thriller Combo's cool AND useful (Although I currently stick to my two with the slightly-not-as-cool-but-so-much-more-useful Flame Hit)

StormRyder
Jul 12, 2012, 07:13 PM
mechguns definitely, but ONLY with cool style. I also like laser, I think its underrated and I always use it vs bosses and groups of small fries

oh by the way Sega... whatever happened to shotguns? thats been a staple gun type since PSO (spread needle get!! >=O), and 1 of the best in PSU

Mega605
Jul 12, 2012, 09:16 PM
I like lazer canons. In solo i can easly get some enemys in a line and kill them all at once.
my second is gunblades

Daggart
Jul 12, 2012, 10:29 PM
oh by the way Sega... whatever happened to shotguns? thats been a staple gun type since PSO (spread needle get!! >=O), and 1 of the best in PSU
Grab gunblade, hold L, press A.

StormRyder
Jul 13, 2012, 11:45 AM
Grab gunblade, hold L, press A.

well, DUH I know that =P I don't disrespect gunblade at all, but still its not the same as a weapon focused on ranged dmg w/ 5 hits at a time

Daggart
Jul 13, 2012, 05:04 PM
Honestly, three hits at a time is broken enough in this game!

Harlocke
Jul 13, 2012, 07:05 PM
I voted for bazookas. Now don't get me wrong, gunblades are spectacular but if I wanted to fight in close-range I'd just use sabers. :wacko: Bazookas aren't the most efficient nor are they the most practical ranger weapon; however, when it comes down to the most important factor of all, the pure lolz factor, bazookas are the greatest!

Shambertin
Nov 23, 2012, 10:52 AM
Mech guns and Gunblades :)

Noblewine
Dec 24, 2012, 02:08 PM
Gunblade and handguns.

paulo yamato
Dec 25, 2012, 04:11 PM
Handguns ^_^

Dragwind
Dec 27, 2012, 07:14 PM
Handguns and mechguns.

Windancer
Feb 26, 2013, 01:17 PM
I like the Gunblades myself but its a good way for your ranger to die since they can be so wimpy in close combat. still fun though :)