PDA

View Full Version : Skill Simulator - Last Update: 23/07/13 Braver and Dewman added!

Pages : [1] 2 3

Gardios
Jun 15, 2012, 07:26 PM
I've been working on a PSO2 skill simulator for a while now because it seems like there was none in the works.

For those unfamiliar with skill simulators, here's how it works: It allows you to try out various SP distributions before you apply them in the game, meaning that you don't have to calculate anything in your head. It also allows you to share your builds with others which should become useful later on when discussing various skilling options.

Here's the link: http://arks-layer.com/skillsim/
Go thank AIDA for hosting it!
There might be bugs flying around, please report them here! I'll try to fix them asap unless I get lazy.

Known issues

[Firefox] cannot use mouse wheel to change skill levels

Example
Link to a build: http://arks-layer.com/skillsim/skillcalc.php?03gEbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkcg7OlbkI qBGXcB5dInik00008ebrbGBboGFIb2N0000Ib00000ib0000Ib 00000ib00000f
Text version of the same build:

HU/FI Skill Build
Code: 03gEbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkcg7OlbkIqBGXcB5dInik00 008ebrbGBboGFIb2N0000Ib00000ib0000Ib00000ib00000f
=====Hunter Lv 55/55, +10 CO SP
 1: Step
 1: Guard
 3: S-DEF Up 1
 1: Just Guard
 1: Just Counter
 5: HP Up 1
10: JA Bonus 1
 1: Partisan Gear
10: Fury Stance
 1: Wired Lance Gear
10: JA Bonus 2
 3: Guard Stance
 5: War Cry
 3: S-ATK Up 1
 1: Sword Gear
10: Iron Will
=====Fighter Lv 55/55, +10 CO SP
 1: Step
 3: Step Advance
 1: Step Attack
 1: Just Reversal
 3: S-ATK Up 1
 5: Brave Stance
 1: Knuckle Gear
10: Brave S Up 1
 1: Twin Dagger Gear
 5: S-ATK Up 2
 5: Wise Stance
10: Wise Stance Up 1
 1: Double Saber Gear
10: Chase Advance
 1: Chase Bind

Translated Skill Trees (HU and FO only)
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/3luuw.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/nV0Lu.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Randomness
Jun 15, 2012, 07:29 PM
It looks like there's supposed to be controls on each box, but I just see more white at the bottom. (Chrome)

oOSAROo
Jun 15, 2012, 07:44 PM
Hey gute arbeit :D gefällt mir

Mike
Jun 15, 2012, 08:38 PM
A skill planner. Nice.

Lumir
Jun 15, 2012, 08:51 PM
Wow nice work! Will be really helpful down the line.

serenade
Jun 15, 2012, 08:53 PM
nice job. all it needs now is the skill descriptions.

Blackheart521
Jun 15, 2012, 09:11 PM
Another idea for it, once we find out what the base stats are for the race/ class combos you should let those stat changes be shown on the skill tree simulation... very cool thing though, eagerly awaiting hunter tree ^^

Gardios
Jun 15, 2012, 09:12 PM
Added translated skill trees.

It looks like there's supposed to be controls on each box, but I just see more white at the bottom. (Chrome)
...I knew Chrome would somehow f it up. =_=

Fix to this will come later since I have to change stuff around and redo some graphics for it. In the mean time use IE if possible.

nice job. all it needs now is the skill descriptions.
Will probably have to wait until OB, but it will definitely be done.

Another idea for it, once we find out what the base stats are for the race/ class combos you should let those stat changes be shown on the skill tree simulation... very cool thing though, eagerly awaiting hunter tree ^^
Unlikely that this will be implemented. Something like that is much better as a full fledged character simulator and I highly doubt I'll tackle that on - it's just too much work for me.

MelancholyWitch
Jun 15, 2012, 09:28 PM
Woah I had asked this for a long time ago and no one seem interested in making one, thanks so much for doing it!

Randomness
Jun 15, 2012, 09:33 PM
Thanks for the translations. I'd thought that was probably JA under lightning.

From the looks of things, I'm guessing the majority of FOs will go deep into fire, for the massive boost it gives to charged output.

That said, it only takes 14 points to grab PP Charge Revival, and you know the cap is going to go up from 30. I'm curious whether boosting max PP also affects the base regen rate like it does in PSP2. Harder to get significant differences in this, so needs testing.

D-Inferno
Jun 15, 2012, 09:35 PM
Might be a little off topic, but is there a difference in the boost in your Attack between things like "S-ATK Up 1" and "S-ATK Up 2", or are they the same thing, except only there for the sake of having "more" of it?

Gardios
Jun 15, 2012, 09:43 PM
Never checked for Lv 5+, but I'm fairly sure the bonuses were the same in CBT. No idea if they've changed it for POB/OB, though.

Piddle
Jun 15, 2012, 09:58 PM
I'm just curious. Did you make the Ragnarok Online skill simulator as well?

Randomness
Jun 15, 2012, 09:59 PM
Never checked for Lv 5+, but I'm fairly sure the bonuses were the same in CBT. No idea if they've changed it for POB/OB, though.

And that's an issue for us Japanese illiterates :wacko:

Gardios
Jun 15, 2012, 10:20 PM
Personally, I won't skill anything until the JP wikis are filled with skill data and wouldn't mind translating at least some of data for you guys. No need to become a guinea pig myself in OB when there are plenty of Japanese players who are willing to skill useless skills to see if they are really useless!

I'm just curious. Did you make the Ragnarok Online skill simulator as well?
Funny that you mention that. No, I didn't do it, but it's the reason I actually made this one. I absolutely hate(d) using simulators in other MMOs because they were never as simple and effective as the RO one. That's the reason why my PSO2 sim looks so similar to it.

kdrakari
Jun 15, 2012, 10:36 PM
I like this style of simulator, I don't know about Ragnarok but the most popular one for Elsword is very similar.

Anyways, I look forward to getting the skill descriptions in there. In the mean time, does anybody remember what Ability does?

goldwing
Jun 15, 2012, 10:46 PM
dude this is sooooo helpful!!!!! i love to plan my builds out ahead of time and this is just what i needed thanks! i can def wait for hunters to come up

Arika
Jun 16, 2012, 12:01 AM
I dislike the new FO skill tree.

So they are going to force players into one element now. Says.. if you want to use normal tech often, then you will lead into Thunder element first. and you would lead into fire element if you prefer charge tech.

In the close-beta, players can choose whether they want to go charge tech style or normal tech style first before they get to choose any element they want, I think that is better open up.

Revlis-Desilver
Jun 16, 2012, 12:11 AM

So they are going to force players into one element now. Says.. if you want to use normal tech often, then you will lead into Thunder element first. and you would lead into fire element if you prefer charge tech.

In the close-beta, players can choose whether they want to go charge tech style or normal tech style first before they get to choose any element they want, I think that is better open up.

I think the reason they may have done that is to not make forces overpowered.

Randomness
Jun 16, 2012, 12:45 AM

Nah, everyone just went straight for PP Charge Revival and Photon Flare. Why take elements when you can take a crazy good PP maintenance ability (MORE RESTA! MORE NUKES!) and a button that turns you into an uber glass cannon for up to one minute (Max HP temporarily decreased, tech power skyrockets)? The elemental boosts paled in comparison to the other stuff, frankly.

I suspect that level 30 builds will be element focused, but as the cap goes up people will probably end up in one primary element and a secondary or something, or they might go balanced and take the non-elemental. I like it more this way, the old one practically demanded you sink points into the leftmost part above all else.

It's worth remembering that we know there are multiple light techs, and almost certainly wind and dark techs, which are not boosted by the element skills. (On the other hand, Foie with all the fire boost skills will probably hit like a TRUCK.)

TheMagickHat77
Jun 16, 2012, 12:46 AM
Liking the translated trees here. Thanks for the hard work and posting them up here. :yes:

Spellbinder
Jun 16, 2012, 12:52 AM
Nah, everyone just went straight for PP Charge Revival and Photon Flare. Why take elements when you can take a crazy good PP maintenance ability (MORE RESTA! MORE NUKES!) and a button that turns you into an uber glass cannon for up to one minute (Max HP temporarily decreased, tech power skyrockets)? The elemental boosts paled in comparison to the other stuff, frankly.

I suspect that level 30 builds will be element focused, but as the cap goes up people will probably end up in one primary element and a secondary or something, or they might go balanced and take the non-elemental. I like it more this way, the old one practically demanded you sink points into the leftmost part above all else.

It's worth remembering that we know there are multiple light techs, and almost certainly wind and dark techs, which are not boosted by the element skills. (On the other hand, Foie with all the fire boost skills will probably hit like a TRUCK.)

I'm not so sure. Thinking long term (level 100+ and beyond), this move simply prolongs the inevitable route many will probably take: Digging through the trees for the PP Charge skill and any other non-element related skills they want, then focus on an element (at least this is what I'm considering).

As for Photon Flare, in the long run I'm not sure how big a difference 200 magic attack (level 10) will be when we're very high leveled characters. If it were a percentage that'd be a different story.

Randomness
Jun 16, 2012, 01:11 AM
I'm not so sure. Thinking long term (level 100+ and beyond), this move simply prolongs the inevitable route many will probably take: Digging through the trees for the PP Charge skill and any other non-element related skills they want, then focus on an element (at least this is what I'm considering).

As for Photon Flare, in the long run I'm not sure how big a difference 200 magic attack (level 10) will be when we're very high leveled characters. If it were a percentage that'd be a different story.

200 would be a fair bit in previous games. Not night and day, but a serious buff.

I think the tree offers many possible ways to build - I need all the numbers to decide, and numbers are easy to buff.

Ryudo
Jun 16, 2012, 01:23 AM
nice, I used this kinda thing a lot back on ragnarok online, it'd be great if you could add a description for the skills functions on mouse over too

Spellbinder
Jun 16, 2012, 01:30 AM
200 would be a fair bit in previous games. Not night and day, but a serious buff.

I think the tree offers many possible ways to build - I need all the numbers to decide, and numbers are easy to buff.

Well looking at PSO 1 for example, the difference between a FOnewearl and FOnewmen at the end of the game was only 250 MST, and the damage difference in Ultimate was not very significant. But I suppose this is a new game and we've only seen up to level 30.

MasterSpark
Jun 16, 2012, 01:58 AM
I hope this isn't too out of place for the thread, but I have a question about the skill tree itself and how it works. Are you able to branch out into more than one field from the starting position? Or, to go further, will you eventually be able to fill the entire tree with skill points?

Also, is there a knowledgebase somewhere to see what the different skills do?

Mike
Jun 16, 2012, 02:41 AM
I hope this isn't too out of place for the thread, but I have a question about the skill tree itself and how it works. Are you able to branch out into more than one field from the starting position? Or, to go further, will you eventually be able to fill the entire tree with skill points?

It's not very likely that you'll be able to fill the entire skill tree.

As for the planner, I noticed it tells you that you're over the limit but still lets you drop points in skills. It might be better if it stops you from placing new skills when you reach the limit.

A bug also happens when you reset the tree. Instead of 0/30, which is the default, you get -1/30 and that lets you place one extra skill point.

~Inu~
Jun 16, 2012, 02:46 AM
I believe it was already mentioned that you'll never be able to fill out any of the skill trees.
They're probably going to be changed and tweaked many times in the early life of PSO2, and expand as the level cap expands.

I'm really liking the Fo and Hu tree much better then before.
Thanks for the wonderful translation!!

Hrith
Jun 16, 2012, 06:06 AM
That's a nice tool, there, I hope you will let PSOW and Arkive use it.

It takes 20 skill points to get Jellen Shot Lv1, ouch, I think SEGA realised how good that was.

It's going to be really hard to get both Jellen Shot and Weak Hit/Bullet, as they are poles apart :(

Oh, and 'resetted' is not a word.

Gardios
Jun 16, 2012, 06:56 AM
I knew that sounded odd somehow... :V

I
As for the planner, I noticed it tells you that you're over the limit but still lets you drop points in skills. It might be better if it stops you from placing new skills when you reach the limit.

A bug also happens when you reset the tree. Instead of 0/30, which is the default, you get -1/30 and that lets you place one extra skill point.
#1: Intended, this makes it easier to play around with stuff that are deeper down the skill tree. It's better to skill what you want and then just get the SP from somewhere else than it would be the other way around imo.
#2: Will be fixed with the next update, thanks for the heads up!

Gardios
Jun 16, 2012, 06:34 PM
Double post, my apologies.

• Fixed a bug that caused negative SP when resetting
• Changed the way images are being displayed
• Changed the order of RA skills when converting to text

Does it work in Chrome now?

CelestialBlade
Jun 16, 2012, 06:53 PM
Nicely done so far, appreciate your work!

Randomness
Jun 16, 2012, 06:53 PM
Looks great in chrome now, thanks.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jun 16, 2012, 08:11 PM
nice, skill tree sims are great. good stuff mate. i already translated the skill trees though 4 sum reson it got lockd.

donno if it was suggested but if its possible implementing the extra details of how a skill gets effected as it levels up would be awesome (like how the higher level the fury stance the more atk it gives and the less def it takes away, etc)

rated 5 stars cause i like skill tree sims even though pso2 skill trees are relatively straight forward compared to other games. (like the annoying ones that have 3 prerequisites from different skills that have to be certain levels in order to learn the next skill loooool)

this will probably come more in handy though when subclasses are released

FenixStryk
Jun 16, 2012, 08:32 PM

In the close-beta, players can choose whether they want to go charge tech style or normal tech style first before they get to choose any element they want, I think that is better open up.I hear you, but it's not all bad. Cherry-picking still works, and for certain builds it actually allows you to get what you wanted earlier than you otherwise could have.

For Example: A PP Revival + Bolt Tech PP Save build required Lv.37 on the old tree, but you can get it at Lv.29 on the new one; in addition, you can get PP Revival five levels earlier than before. Granted, the old skills you picked up getting PP Revival on the old tree were useful, but the new ones aren't so bad either, especially with an Open Beta cap of 30.

The new tree isn't great, but the old one wasn't much better either... things like PP Up, Normal Tech Advance and JA Tech Advance were all buried in a branch that had nothing even slightly worth picking up (relatively speaking, since PP Revival and Elemental majors dwarfed what they provided). Cutting the stem and making FOs pick an element right from the start, and peppering the extraneous skills inside those three branches, is... well, smart on paper.

Randomness
Jun 17, 2012, 10:53 AM
I can say I intend to full MH style with hunter, taking the defense trees first. Just guard to negate hits, step attack and such to let me dance around enemies. Plus, it gives me time to decide on a gear to go for.

Vylera
Jun 17, 2012, 11:08 AM
Can I assume that things like Just Reversal for the ranger's dive roll means that the little rainbow circle will appear while diving to allow chain diving?

Or perhaps it means that during an attack chain, you will be allowed to dive/dash on a just attack?

Hrith
Jun 17, 2012, 11:30 AM

In the close-beta, players can choose whether they want to go charge tech style or normal tech style first before they get to choose any element they want, I think that is better open up.I think you misunderstand their intention, Ari.
Element is barely relevant in the damage formula (so far, anyway); forces choose an element like hunters choose a weapon type: go for the bonuses you like the most (PP cost reduction, charge time reduction, status effects, etc), not like they did in PSO or PSU.
I must say I like the idea.

Of course, the other intention is to force you to purchase several skill trees... but that is definitely not required.

Gardios
Jun 17, 2012, 03:34 PM
Update

• FO skill tree uploaded

HFlowen
Jun 17, 2012, 04:00 PM
Just reversal on the FO tree seems unclickable for me.

Aesthetically, I'm having trouble seeing the white tree lines against the beige background on the FO page. That could be my laptop though.

Gardios
Jun 17, 2012, 04:11 PM
Just reversal on the FO tree seems unclickable for me.

Aesthetically, I'm having trouble seeing the white tree lines against the beige background on the FO page. That could be my laptop though.

Should be fixed now.

Brindizer
Jun 17, 2012, 04:14 PM
I would suggest, if possible, to include the descriptions for the skills when hovering over them. Then it'd truly be like the Ragnarok ones!

HFlowen
Jun 17, 2012, 04:14 PM
Black lines made it 500x easier to look at, thanks!

Randomness
Jun 17, 2012, 04:17 PM
I would suggest, if possible, to include the descriptions for the skills when hovering over them. Then it'd truly be like the Ragnarok ones!

Even better if it had exact values for each rank. But right now, getting HU up comes first. Then descriptions, then values. (Thankfully, as he noted, the JP wiki will probably have those soon enough after OB launch anyways, and we can cross reference until they're incorporated)

This is an example of a beautifully detailed simulator (for Etrian Odyssey 3):
http://www.intothelabyrinth.net/etrianodyssey3/skillsim/

GrandTickler
Jun 17, 2012, 04:17 PM
nice skill builder, this is probably gonna be my RA build, what do u think?
http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/ranger.html?00RA!IEGRqAik6

D-Inferno
Jun 17, 2012, 04:18 PM
You should allow it to go past Lv30. We very well know that The Lv Cap will change pretty often.

Blackheart521
Jun 17, 2012, 04:24 PM
You should allow it to go past Lv30. We very well know that The Lv Cap will change pretty often.

you still can see how many skill points you use and you can go past level 30 in it (it'll just say you're past the limit) and since 1 level = 1 SP do it in your head, easier math than 1+1 lol

Gardios
Jun 17, 2012, 04:26 PM
Even better if it had exact values for each rank. But right now, getting HU up comes first. Then descriptions, then values. (Thankfully, as he noted, the JP wiki will probably have those soon enough after OB launch anyways, and we can cross reference until they're incorporated)
That's the plan.

I'll keep it at 30 right now because they might change the skill tree with full release. If you're planning for Lv 40 you can always just use 40 SP instead of 30.

MisterFruiz
Jun 17, 2012, 05:00 PM
Wow thanks Gardios!
But I am gonna play force and i am scared to use any of my skill point if they change many things after the Open Beta. (Like add Wind, Light and Dark skills tree.)

D-Inferno
Jun 17, 2012, 05:10 PM
http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/force.html?00FO!IEkbI2eFIk8

Probably going to go with this.

FenixStryk
Jun 17, 2012, 05:22 PM
Goob job on the Force tree. Looking forward to the Hunter one!

I'll be using this for my Force: http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/force.html?00FO!IEkbI2dsjbncAf
PP efficiency above all else. 8 PP Zonde is too good to pass up.

Eyce_Theon
Jun 17, 2012, 05:56 PM
I know descriptions will be added in the future, but I'm curious what a few of these do and someone might randomly have the answers now for me.

I'd like to know the effects of:
Ability Up
Weak Bullet
Weak Hit Advance
Freeze Ignition (is it a range increase?)

If Freeze Ignition does something reasonable, lv30 provides exactly enough points to get 10 points into Photon Flare.

HFlowen
Jun 17, 2012, 05:59 PM
Not entirely on topic, but what do all the step advanced/just reversals/pretty much any of those defensive skills actually DO? I played pre-open with a hunter and never upgraded those things, I was blocking and dodging just fine.

FenixStryk
Jun 17, 2012, 06:18 PM
Not entirely on topic, but what do all the step advanced/just reversals/pretty much any of those defensive skills actually DO? I played pre-open with a hunter and never upgraded those things, I was blocking and dodging just fine.Just Reversal lets you recover from a knockdown attack more quickly if you press Jump before you hit the ground. The main point of Just Reversal is to avoid a situation where a boss repeatedly meaties you on wake-up.

Step Advance/Dive Roll Advance increase the amount of invincibility frames those particular dashes have. Gives you more leniency on your dash-through timing.

Piddle
Jun 17, 2012, 06:39 PM
Funny that you mention that. No, I didn't do it, but it's the reason I actually made this one. I absolutely hate(d) using simulators in other MMOs because they were never as simple and effective as the RO one. That's the reason why my PSO2 sim looks so similar to it.
Ah, it's not only similar visually but also in it's code, like the code functions for example, which was why I thought.
In any case, keep up the good work.

kdrakari
Jun 17, 2012, 07:23 PM
I know descriptions will be added in the future, but I'm curious what a few of these do and someone might randomly have the answers now for me.

I'd like to know the effects of:
Ability Up
Weak Bullet
Weak Hit Advance
Freeze Ignition (is it a range increase?)

If Freeze Ignition does something reasonable, lv30 provides exactly enough points to get 10 points into Photon Flare.

Ability up just increases the Ability stat, which does... I don't know what.
Weak Bullet makes the targeted location on an enemy more susceptible to damage.
Weak Hit Advance makes you do more damage when hitting an enemy's weak point (or weak bullet affected location).
Freeze Ignition causes all enemies affected by the Freeze condition within range take damage, though I don't remember if it's over time or all at once, nor how strong it is.

Gardios
Jun 17, 2012, 07:34 PM
Ah, it's not only similar visually but also in it's code, like the code functions for example, which was why I thought.
In any case, keep up the good work.
This PSO2 sim is actually recycled from another skill sim I made years ago (never published) when I was a coding scrub and I think I used the RO one as a base back then. So yeah, the similarities are probably not a coincidence - guess I should link it.

TerminalMontage
Jun 17, 2012, 07:39 PM
Thanks for this simulator OP! Very useful! But, I don't know what anything does, no descriptions for anything yet.

I'd like to focus on having lots of PP though, is there a difference between PP UP1 and PP UP2? Also what is Just Reversal? And I imagine Freeze Ignition ups your freezing chance?

soulpimpwizzurd
Jun 17, 2012, 10:55 PM
Goob job on the Force tree. Looking forward to the Hunter one!

I'll be using this for my Force: http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/force.html?00FO!IEkbI2dsjbncAf
PP efficiency above all else. 8 PP Zonde is too good to pass up.

so much spam with 8 pp chargeable zonde. you'll just never stop zondeing lol.

since using a fire weapon against a mob that's weak against ice has no drawbacks, i'm assuming using any tech is fine as well. there's just regular damage, and elemental weakness damage, no elemental resistance damage.

Gardios
Jun 18, 2012, 05:32 PM
• HU skill tree uploaded
/5char

Coatl
Jun 18, 2012, 05:47 PM
Wooh! /o/
I'm bookmarking this.

Thanks again, Gardios.

Rhypht
Jun 18, 2012, 05:58 PM
This is awesome, really. Thanks for the contribution! I'm sure it can get integrated around here somewhere..

A nice addition would be to add hover-boxes that explain what each of the items in the tree actually do. But great job so far!

EDIT: I see the 'toggle descriptions' option at the top, and see that it's not yet implemented. Can't wait for that, this will be my main tool for character skill tree builds!

Blackheart521
Jun 18, 2012, 06:03 PM
Great job with the quick updates man...

Anywho here's my hunter build right now, versatile attack defense hybrid

http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/hunter.html?00HU!IEIbInqnwQIb4XIbf ^^

sugarFO
Okay so how the hell do I know what kind of talent tree I need to use?

Blackheart521
Okay so how the hell do I know what kind of talent tree I need to use?

do you mean like how do you know which skills do what?

Rhypht
Jun 18, 2012, 06:05 PM
One small issue: When you reset the tree, the text displays 'The skill tree will be resetted"

It'd just be reset, but ah, how I nitpick.

Did I mention I love this thing??

Blackheart521
Jun 18, 2012, 06:06 PM
One small issue: When you reset the tree, the text displays 'The skill tree will be resetted"

Did I mention I love this thing??

Grammar Nazis UNITE! :-D

sugarFO
Jun 18, 2012, 06:07 PM
do you mean like how do you know which skills do what?

i wanna be a support FO but if I only have so many skill points what is more important to use?

buri-chan
Jun 18, 2012, 06:08 PM
It's nice to know I can have the defensive moves all ready by 10 on Hunter. so tempted to waste extra point on Step Advance so the Invincible Duration lasts long enough to actually dodge anything.

Rhypht
Jun 18, 2012, 06:09 PM
Grammar Nazis UNITE! :-D

AHH I COULDN'T HELP IT ALRIGHT!?

Anyway, I'd love to know when you plan to implement the descriptions of the tree items. I only got to get a glimpse of them during closed beta, they've been in Japanese all other times and I've never been able to see exactly what I'm getting when I level up or assign skill points, so that would be tremendously useful.

Blackheart521
Jun 18, 2012, 06:19 PM
i wanna be a support FO but if I only have so many skill points what is more important to use?

http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/force.html?00FO!IE4OI2eFbnbnIbj

Here is a tree I think will suit you, edit if you want but I'll tell you what some of the stuff does

Charge PP Revival makes it so your PP gauge still refills while you are charging techs which will make it much easier for you to support without having to get into attack range to refill your PP meter by attacking.

Freeze Ignition is an active skill that causes any frozen enemies to explode and deals damage to them, only did this because you need it in order to get the next skill I'll explain.

Photon Flare increases your T. Attack but reduces your HP for a certain amount of time when you use it... good for support from the back just be careful not to get within attack range since you'll be even more squishy than normal.

Everything else just increases stats and certain types of attacks strength.

Hope this helps SugarFO ^^

Vylera
Jun 18, 2012, 06:22 PM
Assuming a cap level of 200 and 1 skill point per level, every class can max out every skill on the talent tree.

Hunters can do it earliest, followed by rangers and force taking the longest.

Gama
Jun 18, 2012, 06:25 PM
id like to be a melee/support/tech force xD if that's even feasible i have no idea on how to set the points for it though

Blackheart521
Jun 18, 2012, 06:25 PM
Assuming a cap level of 200 and 1 skill point per level, every class can max out every skill on the talent tree.

Hunters can do it earliest, followed by rangers and force taking the longest.

You really don't think they'll add more skills as the level cap increases? Guaranteed that there will be corresponding skills for each of the other elements on the force tree and weapons for Hunter, more Bullet attacks are likely for Ranger, plus they already said they planned it so you won't be able to get every skill, it'd be stupid if everyone ended up the same ^^;

TerminalMontage
Jun 18, 2012, 06:27 PM
If you guys want descriptions of the skills go here http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%83%95%E3%82%A9%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B9 open it in chrome to translate it.

So I'm looking at a build like this.. http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/force.html
Focusing a lot on Tech Charge Advanced, maxed out 1 and did 6/10 on 2, so.. Level 10 tech charge raises my charged damage by 110%, and level 6 tech charge 2 raises it 106%, would this mean my charged techs do 216% more damage?

buri-chan
Jun 18, 2012, 06:27 PM
Calling it now: you won't be able to get every skill by 200 the first time, but you'll be able to keep some SP when you reincarnate so you can fill it after a few.

Blackheart521
Jun 18, 2012, 06:31 PM
Calling it now: you won't be able to get every skill by 200 the first time, but you'll be able to keep some SP when you reincarnate so you can fill it after a few.

that'd be a cool feature to have, but I wouldn't want to ever be able to max my skill trees out, I'd rather just have increased stats upon reincarnation... kinda doubtful they'll do it in PSO2 though, even though they've done it before ^^;

sugarFO
Jun 18, 2012, 06:34 PM
http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/force.html?00FO!IE4OI2eFbnbnIbj

Here is a tree I think will suit you, edit if you want but I'll tell you what some of the stuff does

Charge PP Revival makes it so your PP gauge still refills while you are charging techs which will make it much easier for you to support without having to get into attack range to refill your PP meter by attacking.

Freeze Ignition is an active skill that causes any frozen enemies to explode and deals damage to them, only did this because you need it in order to get the next skill I'll explain.

Photon Flare increases your T. Attack but reduces your HP for a certain amount of time when you use it... good for support from the back just be careful not to get within attack range since you'll be even more squishy than normal.

Everything else just increases stats and certain types of attacks strength.

Hope this helps SugarFO ^^
Ahhh okay. Thanks!

Gardios
Jun 18, 2012, 06:39 PM

Ack, I knew I've missed one...

Anyway, I'd love to know when you plan to implement the descriptions of the tree items. I only got to get a glimpse of them during closed beta, they've been in Japanese all other times and I've never been able to see exactly what I'm getting when I level up or assign skill points, so that would be tremendously useful.
Definitely not before OB - I'm pretty busy during the week thanks to college... In the mean time, use the link TerminalMontage has posted and use Google-Translate-Fu.

Randomness
Jun 18, 2012, 06:45 PM
Ah, perfect. Good to know which skills are linear and which reward going deep extra.

Vylera
Jun 18, 2012, 06:59 PM
You really don't think they'll add more skills as the level cap increases? Guaranteed that there will be corresponding skills for each of the other elements on the force tree and weapons for Hunter, more Bullet attacks are likely for Ranger, plus they already said they planned it so you won't be able to get every skill, it'd be stupid if everyone ended up the same ^^;

Hunters have the least point investment required for their skills, and it also seems that the weapon gears are exclusive to them. Even when they add more gears for new weapons, those skills will only cost 1 more skill point per.

Based on what we have in the trees right NOW:

Hunter: 157 points needed
Ranger: 173 points needed
Force: 192 points needed

I'm pretty sure there won't be more than 33 new melee weapons coming into the game. But maybe they plan on linking something beyond the gears to further improve the specialization of your weapons. Who knows.

Also, I don't think that the skill tree will evolve that much just because of increasing level cap since there are already over 150 points you could possibly spend.

If skill trees do change, it will be because of new weapons and spells coming into the game.

That being said, force is probably going to have the hardest choice to make since I don't see anything in ther tree for grants or megid, and I want to assume those spells are still in the game.

I just feel that constant modifications to the talent tree will end up becoming a big hastle. If big changes are made to talent trees, then that pretty much calls for a SP reset everytime they change the trees. It doesn't seem practical to me.

But I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

TerminalMontage
Jun 18, 2012, 07:03 PM
So wait, as a Force, if I just put 1 skill point into Bolt Mastery 1, it raises it 101%, and if I put 10sp into it, 120%? It's not just 1% to 20%? Cause it just one skillpoint into it raises it by 100%, would I be able to put 1 point into each element, then have +100% more damage for foie, zonde, and barta? I'd be a little weaker than someone specialized, but still be a pretty powerful balance.

Rhypht
Jun 18, 2012, 07:04 PM
Definitely not before OB - I'm pretty busy during the week thanks to college... In the mean time, use the link TerminalMontage has posted and use Google-Translate-Fu.

Yep, that's what I've been doing, and it's no issue, again it's a great tool and I applaud you for taking the time to make it!

Blackheart521
Jun 18, 2012, 07:11 PM
Also, I don't think that the skill tree will evolve that much just because of increasing level cap since there are already over 150 points you could possibly spend.

If skill trees do change, it will be because of new weapons and spells coming into the game.

I just feel that constant modifications to the talent tree will end up becoming a big hastle. If big changes are made to talent trees, then that pretty much calls for a SP reset everytime they change the trees. It doesn't seem practical to me.

But I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

I didn't really mean that it will increase because of the level cap it will just increase in size as time goes by which will also be happening alongside level cap increases but I see why you would misinterpret that as me saying that... I may have worded it wrong ^^;

also it seems very practical for SEGA to change the skill trees to add more skills as it would "encourage" people to buy skill tree resets which means more money in their pockets... I could see it very easily happening like that. it seems like a shifty game mechanic but a lucrative business tactic. It does suck but it could very well happen.

Blackheart521
Jun 18, 2012, 07:13 PM
So wait, as a Force, if I just put 1 skill point into Bolt Mastery 1, it raises it 101%, and if I put 10sp into it, 120%? It's not just 1% to 20%? Cause it just one skillpoint into it raises it by 100%, would I be able to put 1 point into each element, then have +100% more damage for foie, zonde, and barta? I'd be a little weaker than someone specialized, but still be a pretty powerful balance.

No, 100% is your base, the 120% would be a 20% increase in damage from base (your damage without the skill)... that would be way too OP if it worked the way you were thinking.

Sorry to burst your bubble ^^;

xshinoda
Jun 18, 2012, 07:14 PM
Thank you for the hunter build :).

TerminalMontage
Jun 18, 2012, 07:25 PM
No, 100% is your base, the 120% would be a 20% increase in damage from base (your damage without the skill)... that would be way too OP if it worked the way you were thinking.

Sorry to burst your bubble ^^;

Hah just wanted to be sure, thanks! I knew it seemed to good to be true, so I guess that goes for every skill that says it increases by 100something%

serenade
Jun 18, 2012, 07:51 PM
thanks for the hunter tree.

got my builds setup for my HUmar and RAcast now.

BIG OLAF
Jun 18, 2012, 07:51 PM
This needs to be stickied, methinks.

Lumir
Jun 18, 2012, 09:16 PM
Yes this needs to be stickied. All that could be added to this now is skill descriptions including the information of each skill level for each skill.

If you wont have the time to add in the skill descriptions you should put up the Japanese wiki link and tell people to translate it with google ect.

BTW was the Iron Will skill removed from the force tree in Pre-OB? That skill could be a life saver.

Anyways thanks again, I have my skills on my trip to lvl 40 planned out thanks to this.

Coatl
Jun 18, 2012, 10:02 PM
@Lumir
The skill descriptions are all in here: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193026

Thanks again Eclipse. :3

Lumir
Jun 18, 2012, 10:09 PM
@Lumir
The skill descriptions are all in here: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193026

Thanks again Eclipse. :3

Those skill trees are outdated. They changed them in the Pre-OB. Use this link and translate with google to find the skill tree section.

http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?FrontPage

This link also gives what I really was interested in. And that is the skill level information, that way I can see what stat/ect bonuses I get from leveling up a particular skill.

Mike
Jun 18, 2012, 10:10 PM
This needs to be stickied, methinks.
I agree. I was waiting till the rest of the skill trees to be finished before but now that it's done I think it's about time.

Also, it might be helpful to have a link somewhere on the individual skill tree pages back to the main page in case someone links in via a build and wants to try out a different class.

Coatl
Jun 18, 2012, 10:16 PM
Those skill trees are outdated. They changed them in the Pre-OB. Use this link and translate with google to find the skill tree section.

http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?FrontPage

This link also gives what I really was interested in. And that is the skill level information, that way I can see what stat/ect bonuses I get from leveling up a particular skill.

Yes, I know the skill trees are oudated. But the descriptions aren't.
And +1 to this being stickied.

Spellbinder
Jun 18, 2012, 10:26 PM
I feel like I need to wait for the level cap to go up before deciding on the Force skill tree. ^^;

Coatl
Jun 18, 2012, 10:30 PM
I feel like I need to wait for the level cap to go up before deciding on the Force skill tree. ^^;

I think most force users are going to aim for the PP revival. I could be wrong though.
For me that means I don't really have to "decide" on anything until lv15 or so.

Lumir
Jun 18, 2012, 10:37 PM
Yes, I know the skill trees are oudated. But the descriptions aren't.
And +1 to this being stickied.

Ooh ok. I was getting confused looking at the 2. I was looking for that FO skill Iron Will since I saw it on the outdated skill tree, but its been removed unfortunately. A skill that would leave you with 1hp from an attack that would other wise kill you? What a loss oh well =).

Spellbinder
Jun 18, 2012, 10:47 PM
I think most force users are going to aim for the PP revival. I could be wrong though.
For me that means I don't really have to "decide" on anything until lv15 or so.

Well PP revival is the first thing I'm going for. But after that there aren't enough points to really do want I want yet.

Edit: Come to think of it, isn't the official release of the game going to be level 40? The level cap on the skill tree should probably be raised in the near future.

goldwing
Jun 19, 2012, 12:10 AM
Coolness thanks for the hunters. Anyone know a place that tells u what each skill dose now?

JRDeBo
Jun 19, 2012, 12:22 AM
Other then PP revival, I have no clue what type of build to go for with my FO :(

Spellbinder
Jun 19, 2012, 12:26 AM
Other then PP revival, I have no clue what type of build to go for with my FO :(

I feel your pain. Eventually I'd like to go for the freeze and shock boosting skills. :) I like status useful status effects.

IndigoNovember
Jun 19, 2012, 12:34 AM
Coolness thanks for the hunters. Anyone know a place that tells u what each skill dose now?

This thread (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193026) has basic descriptions of skills.

This wiki (http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?FrontPage) in Japanese has some more detailed effects listed. You'll probably want to translate it if you can't read Japanese.

Phaesphora
Jun 19, 2012, 02:00 AM
Outstanding little tool, thanks so much!

Hey, Rangers, does this (http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/ranger.html?00RA!IEqDkBIsqn4Nib) look like a viable defensive / mobility build for soloing?

Mike
Jun 19, 2012, 02:23 AM
Outstanding little tool, thanks so much!

Hey, Rangers, does this (http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/ranger.html?00RA!IEqDkBIsqn4Nib) look like a viable defensive / mobility build for soloing?
For the passive stat boosters in the skill chart, you'll want to concentrate on the earlier ones before you move on to the later ones. Both those that show up early in the tree and late in the tree provide the same bonus so you'll get more bang for you skill points of you concentrate in one ala this (http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/ranger.html?00RA!IEqGIOIsDn6). Unless you're trying to get more skills further down the tree, that is.

Personally, as a ranger, I'm gonna max weak bullet since with proper timing and PA usag it can be devastating both solo and in a party.

goldwing
Jun 19, 2012, 02:27 AM
This thread (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193026) has basic descriptions of skills.

This wiki (http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?FrontPage) in Japanese has some more detailed effects listed. You'll probably want to translate it if you can't read Japanese.

Ty i knew there was a thread for it just wasnt sure where.

Phaesphora
Jun 19, 2012, 03:28 AM
For the passive stat boosters in the skill chart, you'll want to concentrate on the earlier ones before you move on to the later ones. Both those that show up early in the tree and late in the tree provide the same bonus so you'll get more bang for you skill points of you concentrate in one ala this (http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/ranger.html?00RA!IEqGIOIsDn6). Unless you're trying to get more skills further down the tree, that is.
Thanks, Mike.

I see what you mean about holding out with the early stat boosters, but you're right, some of those later unlockables are pretty tempting. I'm gonna rethink my original build with your approach in mind.

Cheers!

youcantcatchtheblue
Jun 19, 2012, 03:44 AM
Is it worth it to have Step Attack on my Hunter?

Personally I really like Step Attack because it lets me go straight into a combo immediately after dashing. But it's on a separate branch from all the other skills that I feel like I'm wasting my SP on that branch...

Also I really want to have all the Gears.... but only the Sword Gear seems useful at this time.... arrrrgh so many decisions!!

kdrakari
Jun 19, 2012, 05:28 AM
Doesn't the sword gear only increase the charging speed of PAs? And doesn't Sword only have one charged PA?

Personally, as a ranger, I'm gonna max weak bullet since with proper timing and PA usag it can be devastating both solo and in a party.
Maxing weak bullet only reduces the cooldown by 30 seconds and allows you to use it on 4 enemies at once. Personally, while the cooldown reduction is nice, don't think I would find enough situations where using weak bullet would be worth the time it would take to get all 4 shots applied, considering they cannot be used on the same enemy, they do no damage, and while you're applying the rest of the shots the first one will run out that much sooner.

youcantcatchtheblue
Jun 19, 2012, 06:35 AM
Maxing weak bullet only reduces the cooldown by 30 seconds and allows you to use it on 4 enemies at once. Personally, while the cooldown reduction is nice, don't think I would find enough situations where using weak bullet would be worth the time it would take to get all 4 shots applied, considering they cannot be used on the same enemy, they do no damage, and while you're applying the rest of the shots the first one will run out that much sooner.

The extra shots are really useful because if you missed and hit a different spot on a boss you can shoot another one to correct your mistake.

If you look at Boss speed-runs you'll notice stuff like weak-shotting Ragne's leg and as soon as it breaks you switch the weak-spot over to Ragne's red orb and bam dead ragne.

kdrakari
Jun 19, 2012, 06:43 AM
The extra shots are really useful because if you missed and hit a different spot on a boss you can shoot another one to correct your mistake.

If you look at Boss speed-runs you'll notice stuff like weak-shotting Ragne's leg and as soon as it breaks you switch the weak-spot over to Ragne's red orb and bam dead ragne.

That is a good point, and a very effective sounding strategy (I often tried to get weak shot on the orb, but he was never down long enough to reuse the skill and get into a different position, especially if I had been using Launcher before then). But how do you keep the weak shots if you have to wait between the first and second? Do you just use PAs only and rely on natural PP regen, or is there some way to leave those shots ready and use them as needed?

Mike
Jun 19, 2012, 06:50 AM
The unspent weak bullets stay unspent until you use a normal attack and that means you can mix high damage rifle PAs in and then be able to reapply a weak bullet again when the first runs out. This also counts toward cool down time. And like YCCB said, you don't need to worry as much when you miss. Having to wait two minutes on cool down when you miss sucks.

AlMcFly
Jun 19, 2012, 06:56 AM
Yep, going with this for the first level cap. I may not be as versatile as others but I'll definitely be mowing most shit down pretty fast.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u269/hangoutwithmywangout/Phantasy%20Star/RamarSkillTree.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

kdrakari
Jun 19, 2012, 07:00 AM
(@ previous discussion btw, not you McFly)
Hmmm... That's an idea I never considered, though I'd hate to have nothing to do simply because I ran out of PP and can't use the regular attack. On the other hand, if the duration is long enough then the ability to keep a weak shot up closer to constantly and switch locations if there's some part of the boss you need to damage other than the weak point has its merits, especially considering the AR has crap damage on its regular attacks and multiparty areas mean you can give that damage boost to as many as 11 other people as well.

I guess there's merit to the idea, though switching to launcher would probably remove the remaining shots so people who main launcher should stick to 1 point at the most.

FerrPSO
Jun 19, 2012, 07:47 AM
I wonder what is going to be more effective for the general damage output of a Hunter, if leveling Attack up or JA Bonus, seeing as how they are really apart from each other, is hard to level up both

AlMcFly
Jun 19, 2012, 08:10 AM
I wonder what is going to be more effective for the general damage output of a Hunter, if leveling Attack up or JA Bonus, seeing as how they are really apart from each other, is hard to level up both

I'm choosing straight attack damage at the moment. The first few months of most games see a million changes to skills like JA in order for more balance. Attack damage formulas I think are far easier to figure out, thus more likley to solidify the earliest. Later on after everything is set in stone a bit more I can experiment with different bullet types, traps, etc.

Zeota
Jun 19, 2012, 08:10 AM

Personally I really like Step Attack because it lets me go straight into a combo immediately after dashing. But it's on a separate branch from all the other skills that I feel like I'm wasting my SP on that branch...

Also I really want to have all the Gears.... but only the Sword Gear seems useful at this time.... arrrrgh so many decisions!!

Absolutely get step attack. In fact, you'll want to shoot for all your core abilities earlier on. JG and JC are nothing to sneeze at.

Here (http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/hunter.html?00HU!IEebkbqBqqf4QIbf) is an all-out offensive build that I came up with that makes use of sword gear. This setup gives you enough points to go with either partisan or wired lance gear instead if you were so inclined.

GrandTickler
Jun 19, 2012, 10:39 AM
Yep, going with this for the first level cap. I may not be as versatile as others but I'll definitely be mowing most shit down pretty fast.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u269/hangoutwithmywangout/Phantasy%20Star/RamarSkillTree.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

why no weak bullet? did they nerf it or something?

kdrakari
Jun 19, 2012, 11:02 AM
They made the cooldown longer, but from the sound of he's probably going pure launcher (best for mowing shit down pretty fast really, especially with basically full attack boost) and launchers can't use the bullet skills.

Gardios
Jun 19, 2012, 11:12 AM
Lalala procrastinating at its finest:

• Fixed Just Reversal's (RA) skill icon
• Added skill descriptions
• Added a link back to class selection
If I only was as productive when it comes to homework...

GrandTickler
Jun 19, 2012, 11:16 AM
They made the cooldown longer, but from the sound of he's probably going pure launcher (best for mowing shit down pretty fast really, especially with basically full attack boost) and launchers can't use the bullet skills.

oh damn, can u tell me what the changes are exactly? or where i can read them up

kdrakari
Jun 19, 2012, 11:19 AM
I think the cooldown was the only change, though I don't remember exactly what it used to be... maybe went from 100 seconds to 120? I know it's 120 now, and decreases with each level you add in the skill. Not sure about the the changes themselves, but you can see the new stats at the JP PSO2 wiki through google translate.

Lalala procrastinating at its finest:

If I only was as productive when it comes to homework...
The front page still says skill descriptions not yet added.

I also don't really like scrolling down to add more points to something, but I didn't even know that was possible and probably wouldn't use it even if it were the opposite so no need to change anything on my account.

Regardless, excellent work slave, now go add information about the specific numerical values at each level.

Phaesphora
Jun 19, 2012, 11:22 AM
Well this puts matters in a new light, since that's the direction I was thinking of taking. If so, planning just became much easier.

Gardios
Jun 19, 2012, 11:24 AM
The front page still says skill descriptions not yet added.
I have no idea whatcha talkin' about. *whistle*

Regardless, excellent work slave, now go add information about the specific numerical values at each level.
Will not be done until the JP wikis are filled with correct data. There's old data mixed with new etc. and incomplete anyway.

Blackheart521
Jun 19, 2012, 11:26 AM
Descriptions don't appear in Firefox, I just switched to IE and it works there though so its fine, just figured I'd let you know just in-case you wanna fix that or whatnot ^^

kdrakari
Jun 19, 2012, 11:30 AM
Well this puts matters in a new light, since that's the direction I was thinking of taking. If so, planning just became much easier.

I still recommend at least level 1, as mentioned earlier it's not very convenient if you have to switch from launcher, use the skill, hit with the skill (preferably either in the weakest/most desired point or someplace that's much easier to hit with your launcher than that) and then switch back to launcher. Depending on the enemy you might not even get the chance to attack. On the other hand, 11 other people in a multiparty zone might thank you for doubling all their damage outputs for a short time so it's probably good to have that option.

But definitely no higher than level 1 for blowing everything up.

youcantcatchtheblue
Jun 19, 2012, 11:40 AM

If I'm not mistaken, Ability-Up will affect PA damage much more than R-Attack. So if you want your PAs to be more powerful instead of just your regular attacks being powerful, you might want to invest on some Ability-Up points.

Absolutely get step attack. In fact, you'll want to shoot for all your core abilities earlier on. JG and JC are nothing to sneeze at.

Here (http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/hunter.html?00HU!IEebkbqBqqf4QIbf) is an all-out offensive build that I came up with that makes use of sword gear. This setup gives you enough points to go with either partisan or wired lance gear instead if you were so inclined.

Thanks. I don't Guard much, let alone Just Guard... but it does seem like a neat skill to have if I can get used to doing it. I guess I will allocate those points last so that I will have practice beforehand to see if I'm up for it or not. Otherwise I will get all weapon Gears instead =P

Coatl
Jun 19, 2012, 11:46 AM
Where are the force builds. D:

TecherRamen
Jun 19, 2012, 11:53 AM
Awesome! Thank you!

Peejay
Jun 19, 2012, 12:03 PM
Okay, so the meta of the Ranger builds is getting confusing to me. I intend to main launcher, but I want to be effective in a typical 2RA, 1HU, 1FO group by helping with that extra damage output.

What would be the most viable build for that, then?

If it helps any, my favourite skills are Divine Launcher, Cluster Shot, and Zero Distance.

moorebounce
Jun 19, 2012, 12:20 PM
This is what I plan on doing my first go around. This way I end up with access to the Partisan, Wired Lance and Sword Gears.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v254/sportsgeist/skillsimhu1.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Lumir
Jun 19, 2012, 12:35 PM
HU tree is pretty easy to figure out for my play style. But since my secondary class will be a ranger ill have to spend more time thinking about it. Also skill descriptions not showing up in FF.

noClue
Jun 19, 2012, 12:44 PM
Curious what effective RA builds look like. I sort of want to support with the Bind/Jellen/Stun/Panic skills but I looked at the skill descriptions and wasn't 100% sure how they're setup in PSO2.

I'm also going to primarily be running with my buddy who is FO, so I think just going a more damage route would be better...? Buildcraft not my strong point ;-;.

Raging Ghost
Jun 19, 2012, 01:14 PM
If I want to mostly play solo as a Ranger, which skills would fit best?

Sakarisei
Jun 19, 2012, 01:25 PM
This is what I plan on doing my first go around. This way I end up with access to the Partisan, Wired Lance and Sword Gears.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v254/sportsgeist/skillsimhu1.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Nice idea, but you're forced to have no specialization for your character so... you're a "new character" with the exception of getting the three gears, for getting a little bonus.

I reccomend you getting one weapon gear and... depend of these weapon, being specializated in JAs and fury critical (With W.lance and/or partisans) or getting lots of s-atp base (For Sword Gear).

Greetings.

FerrPSO
Jun 19, 2012, 01:31 PM
This is what I was thinking for my Hunter build.

I want a damage dealer sword user Hunter, so I avoided Warcry. I didnt put much into Fury Stance cause I fear de defensive penalty could be too much, but I plan to upgrade it when the lvl cap rises.

Pls feel free to point if you see something wrong

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i45.tinypic.com/35hjxfs.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

And this is a second option I was thinking, avoiding Fury Stance in favor of more Atk power

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i48.tinypic.com/2i6e0t3.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Zorafim
Jun 19, 2012, 01:34 PM
Descriptions don't appear in Firefox, I just switched to IE and it works there though so its fine, just figured I'd let you know just in-case you wanna fix that or whatnot ^^

NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

dilakri87
Jun 19, 2012, 01:36 PM
hey guys,

ahh first post after lurking in forums since the GC days :D

my build:

http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/ranger.html?00RA!IEqDrNI2tA6

pretty much want to build balanced, before focusing on r-atk or weak hit points...

on the other hand why not both? i mean, the higher r-atk the higher damage on weak-points etc.

RAnewearl
Jun 19, 2012, 01:38 PM
Stun grenade requires 1 jellen shot not 1 of itself :)

Raging Ghost
Jun 19, 2012, 01:41 PM
So, I decided to make a ranger specializing in ARs.

http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/ranger.html?00RA!IEkdgAI2qn4PftB

Anything I should improve? Because honestly, launchers do NOT favor hit-and-run strategies.

JRDeBo
Jun 19, 2012, 01:47 PM
I think I'll go with this (http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/force.html?00FO!IEGBxsds0) for now on my force. A base damage boost will probably help more in the long run vs going for JA/photon flare, or more spamming with PP up. And once we get more levels, it will (hopefully) boost those more (I have no clue if the boosts are percentage based, or are just a set power boost).

Ryuujin13
Jun 19, 2012, 01:48 PM
http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/hunter.html?00HU!IEebkbkbjGDIbf

So this is the skill tree I came up with. I have three left over and not sure where to put them? :-?

Doodad
Jun 19, 2012, 01:55 PM
This is what I was thinking for my Hunter build.

I want a damage dealer sword user Hunter, so I avoided Warcry. I didnt put much into Fury Stance cause I fear de defensive penalty could be too much, but I plan to upgrade it when the lvl cap rises.

Pls feel free to point if you see something wrong

According to the Japanese site putting more points into the stances will increase their benefits and decrease the penalty. Level one grants +50 atp and -250 def while level ten gives +150 atp and -200 def. Not a huge difference in the penalty but you will definitely not be hurting yourself by putting more points in.

and along the same vein, moorebounce, the Japanese site shows that pretty much all the skills increase in returns the more points you spend. This is in regard to you putting one point into JA bonus 2. Putting the point into the first tier would still only yield one percent but your next point would gain two percent. Of course, i don't know how up to date everything there is or if it will carry through to the Open Beta but it's something to consider.

Blackheart521
Jun 19, 2012, 01:59 PM
http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/hunter.html?00HU!IEebkbkbjGDIbf

So this is the skill tree I came up with. I have three left over and not sure where to put them? :-?

looks like you want as much S. Attack as possible, try putting the 3 points in HP up 2 so that when the level cap increases you can put more points into the next S. Attack skill under it.

FerrPSO
Jun 19, 2012, 02:09 PM
According to the Japanese site putting more points into the stances will increase their benefits and decrease the penalty. Level one grants +50 atp and -250 def while level ten gives +150 atp and -200 def. Not a huge difference in the penalty but you will definitely not be hurting yourself by putting more points in.

and along the same vein, moorebounce, the Japanese site shows that pretty much all the skills increase in returns the more points you spend. This is in regard to you putting one point into JA bonus 2. Putting the point into the first tier would still only yield one percent but your next point would gain two percent. Of course, i don't know how up to date everything there is or if it will carry through to the Open Beta but it's something to consider.

Well thats good to know, thanks for the info.

RAnewearl
Jun 19, 2012, 02:11 PM
http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/ranger.html?00RA!IEqDkf2qntAic

Im pretty good and dodging and keeping my distance, so is just reversal even neccesary? Is my tree ok?

And wat does bind bullet do in the first place?

Or from wat im reading and seeing, ulis this the better choice?
http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/ranger.html?00RA!IEqGInI3qn4Nic

buri-chan
Jun 19, 2012, 02:14 PM
I only have to click four times to make my 30 build. Once on Just Reversal, once on Just Counter, once on Fury Critical, then just hit Wired Lance Gear.

Raging Ghost
Jun 19, 2012, 02:23 PM

Im pretty good and dodging and keeping my distance, so is just reversal even neccesary? Is my tree ok?

Well, I know it loads a binding bullet. So, maybe it's immbolizing ammunation?

RAnewearl
Jun 19, 2012, 02:35 PM

I think my question wasnt very clear... my question is, does (for example) 10/10 for ability up 1 give a higher boost, or does 5/10 for ability up 1 along with 5/10 for ability up 2 give a higher boost?

Well, I know it loads a binding bullet. So, maybe it's immbolizing ammunation?

And maybe.. all the posts from closed beta about bind bullet have said its useless.. but thats old information so who knows

Randomness
Jun 19, 2012, 03:13 PM
So, what I'm considering for OB:

FO:
http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/force.html?00FO!IE4OjhNcK6

Reasoning:
PP Up 10 is worth 33 PP max according to wiki. If PP regen works like PSP2, this also results in a decent boost to the base regen rate.

Freeze Ignition 10 is good for 2000% damage, 20 times the power of the first level. This also leads to Photon Flare after a cap raise. Probably the last thing to take though, as more PP is more important. Freeze boost is unattractive as level 10 is merely a 110% freeze chance. I would consider maxing the Ice Mastery for the 20% bonus damage at a future point, but PP up and Ignition also demand going all in.

Also, ice techniques offer wonderful area effects across the board, and are good with cards.

An alternative is http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/force.html?00FO!IE4OjhnIkhnIkf for maximum PP increases (66 points)

I think my question wasnt very clear... my question is, does (for example) 10/10 for ability up 1 give a higher boost, or does 5/10 for ability up 1 along with 5/10 for ability up 2 give a higher boost?

10/10 Ability Up is 50 points. 5/10 is merely 18. It's a non-linear increase.

I'm thinking something like this atm for ranger:
http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/ranger.html?00RA!IEGQqNGA8

Standing shot 10=20% more damage with all weapons when standing still, then weak shot 10 gives 25% more damage against weak points (I presume this means weak points on the enemy, as opposed to target points from Weak Shot), and then I still get some Weak Shot to boost damage. My other thought was a crippling build based on Jellen Shot, I'm kind of undecided here. The one I linked lets me do high damage with rifles AND launchers, which is why I like it.

Finally, for HU:
http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/hunter.html?00HU!IEebkbqBqDbo6

Taking Step Attack and Just Reversal is in order to improve my mobility without sacrificing damage output. Likewise, Just Guard and Just Counter improve my defense potential cheaply. Then Wired Gear because that's my favorite weapon. Partisan Gear is because it's already available from taking Wired, and only takes a single point. I leave Fury Stance at 5 because going to 10 only nets me 50 attack power and 30 defense. It's nice, and something for future levels, but it's not huge. JA bonus is linear at 1% per point, so splitting between the two has no drawbacks. Finally, I'd probably go into the non-linear Fury Critical with my next points, since it probably gets up to 15-20% boost (If it's additive, this is attractive, at least. Otherwise, I'd go elsewhere with the points, like into 10/10 Guard Stance, which barely reduces my offense but gives a ton of defense). Note that Step Advance only adds a measly .01 seconds to the invincibility period after 3 points. The only significant boost is the first point, at .15 seconds. I suspect this may be increased in the future, but for now I see no reason to go deeper into it for any build than the 3 for Step Attack.

RAnewearl
Jun 19, 2012, 03:40 PM
So, what I'm considering for OB:

10/10 Ability Up is 50 points. 5/10 is merely 18. It's a non-linear increase.

I'm thinking something like this atm for ranger:
http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/ranger.html?00RA!IEGQqNGA8

Standing shot 10=20% more damage with all weapons when standing still, then weak shot 10 gives 25% more damage against weak points (I presume this means weak points on the enemy, as opposed to target points from Weak Shot), and then I still get some Weak Shot to boost damage. My other thought was a crippling build based on Jellen Shot, I'm kind of undecided here. The one I linked lets me do high damage with rifles AND launchers, which is why I like it.

Would you be willing to reveal this other skill tree including jellen shot or are you keeping that a secret? X)

Raging Ghost
Jun 19, 2012, 03:46 PM
So, I decided to make a ranger specializing in ARs.

http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/ranger.html?00RA!IEkdgAI2qn4PftB

Anything I should improve? Because honestly, launchers do NOT favor hit-and-run strategies.

So yeah, any way to avoid to rely on launchers? Mostly that I want on focus on hit-and-running the enemies.

Randomness
Jun 19, 2012, 03:52 PM
Would you be willing to reveal this other skill tree including jellen shot or are you keeping that a secret? X)

Nothing special. Maxing Jellen Shot for uptime leaves only 1 point anyways. I figured stun grenades were a decent use of the point.

RavenLeader
Jun 19, 2012, 04:20 PM
http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/hunter.html?00HU!IEeokIqoqqIb4QIbf

possible hunter build for sword/wired lance, (what i found myself using the most in pre obt)

RAnewearl
Jun 19, 2012, 04:20 PM

Nothing special. Maxing Jellen Shot for uptime leaves only 1 point anyways. I figured stun grenades were a decent use of the point.

Thats a hunter build o.o

Randomness
Jun 19, 2012, 04:43 PM
Thats a hunter build o.o

Oops.

http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/ranger.html?00RA!IEkdi2qn4Nfdx

RAnewearl
Jun 19, 2012, 05:02 PM
Oops.

http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/ranger.html?00RA!IEkdi2qn4Nfdx

Thanks :) i really enjoy the thought of maxed standing snipe though, especially cause ive taken a deep liking for launchers ... jellen is for reducing monsters attack but i can just dodge my way out of that right? Being mid range and all.... maybe i will stick to your first skill tree

Randomness
Jun 19, 2012, 06:04 PM
Thanks :) i really enjoy the thought of maxed standing snipe though, especially cause ive taken a deep liking for launchers ... jellen is for reducing monsters attack but i can just dodge my way out of that right? Being mid range and all.... maybe i will stick to your first skill tree

http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/ranger.html?00RA!IEGQqBGA8

is probably a bit better - reduced weak shot to 1 to pick up .15 sec more invinc on dive roll. Waiting 4 more seconds between weak shots is probably worth the trade, the extra ammo isn't til level 3 or 4 of it I think.

RAnewearl
Jun 19, 2012, 06:18 PM
http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/ranger.html?00RA!IEGQqBGA8

is probably a bit better - reduced weak shot to 1 to pick up .15 sec more invinc on dive roll. Waiting 4 more seconds between weak shots is probably worth the trade, the extra ammo isn't til level 3 or 4 of it I think.

Thanks again!!

D-Inferno
Jun 19, 2012, 06:41 PM
I suggest adding what the bonuses for each individual level are (ex: how much Attack which level of Photon Flare gives).

Randomness
Jun 19, 2012, 06:45 PM
I suggest adding what the bonuses for each individual level are (ex: how much Attack which level of Photon Flare gives).

He's getting on that, but even the JP wiki doesn't have all that info yet.

D-Inferno
Jun 19, 2012, 08:03 PM
http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/hunter.html?00HU!IEebkbqnqDIb4QIbf
http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/ranger.html?00RA!IEqFkbIsqn4Nib
http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/force.html?00FO!IEkbI2dsbnbnIrj

I'm primarily all-out offense.

On http://pso2.swiki.jp/, they seem to have some more detailed skill tree info (like %s).

LK1721
Jun 20, 2012, 01:59 AM
I can't decide what I'm going to do, I honestly don't like Launchers very much, but they seem almost necessary considering they can make bosses do ~10 damage. I dunno, I'm almost guessing with this.

http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/ranger.html?00RA!IExgINI2qn4Nib

gigawuts
Jun 20, 2012, 08:41 AM
http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/hunter.html?00HU!IEebkIqBqqIb4QIbf

So, I find myself caught between Wired Lance Gear, Just Reversal, Just Counter, and Sword Gear. The bare minimum for those adds up to 31 points, so something has to go. I'd like to specialize, but with only one char for the time being (and perhaps always, I'll have to wait and see) I think having more options with unique abilities will be more fun than being good at just one or two things when, everything else failing, another couple levels will make up for the reduced S-ATK Up.

So the 30 point cap means sacrificing the least useful unique ability. With a healing force on the team I'm thinking I should stop short of Just Reversal and leave it at Step Attack. If there's a healer the only issue with passing on Just Reversal seems to be the delay in getting back up. I know people are saying WLG is subpar, but I expect to use wired lances quite a bit in general and would appreciate the extra damage and range (Especially with rank 5 Fury Stance giving such a big gain in situations where I can just step-tank most damage. It'll be like Dark Souls, only all the swords glow and I can't come back as an undead cast.)

I wish there was a way to test out these unique abilities before committing to them though. I'm feeling like Wired Lance Gear will either be fun, or a waste of one point. At least its prereq is useful.

Has Sega stated whether raising the level cap will raise the skill cap, or are we stuck at 30 hoping for reduced prereqs for unique abilities? That would make things a bit easier, not that I necessarily expect Sega or any game company to hold to statements made in a beta. I seem to recall several games where skill trees were permanent at release, but were changed to allow unlimited free resets.

Edit: Oh and I forgot to comment on the sheet itself. Great work man, I really like it.

Zeota
Jun 20, 2012, 08:58 AM
You get a skill point each time you ding, so I don't see why it'd stop at 30. Moreover I'm sure they plan to add in more stuff with future level cap increases.

gigawuts
Jun 20, 2012, 09:02 AM
Oh, I've been under the impression that it was a fixed 30 point cap, unrelated to the level cap in the open beta. If it's a simple point per level all the way up to the max then that sounds great.

IndigoNovember
Jun 20, 2012, 01:53 PM
The Open Beta cap is 30 whereas the actual game cap is 40. Since you want to use Wired Lance so much, just don't get Sword Gear at the moment and wait for the actual release before you get it?

Lumir
Jun 20, 2012, 03:09 PM
The Open Beta cap is 30 whereas the actual game cap is 40. Since you want to use Wired Lance so much, just don't get Sword Gear at the moment and wait for the actual release before you get it?

Wait what? I thought OB was lvl 40 and release 50?

IndigoNovember
Jun 20, 2012, 03:24 PM
Wait what? I thought OB was lvl 40 and release 50?

http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2-now-features-a-desert-planet/

Check the Feature Recap at the bottom. Last I checked, it hasn't changed.

Lumir
Jun 20, 2012, 03:29 PM
http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2-now-features-a-desert-planet/

Check the Feature Recap at the bottom. Last I checked, it hasn't changed.

Darn I guess so. But I hear the OB should only last around 2 weeks or less depending how well things go. Think ill stick to my lvl 40 skill build.

gigawuts
Jun 20, 2012, 03:33 PM

My concern is that skill points may be capped at 30, regardless of level cap. The only other game I've played with a similar skilltree setup had a fixed skillpoint cap at 30, even though max level was actually 50. As of level 31 and up you just stopped gaining skillpoints.

In that game resetting was free so it wasn't an issue, but nobody seems to know how it'll work in PSO2. Considering resets cost actual money I'd rather find out before precluding something I'd like to have.

But like I said, I'll just sacrifice Just Reversal. If I can train it at level 31 then that would be nice.

Lumir
Jun 20, 2012, 03:45 PM
My concern is that skill points may be capped at 30, regardless of level cap. The only other game I've played with a similar skilltree setup had a fixed skillpoint cap at 30, even though max level was actually 50. As of level 31 and up you just stopped gaining skillpoints.

In that game resetting was free so it wasn't an issue, but nobody seems to know how it'll work in PSO2. Considering resets cost actual money I'd rather find out before precluding something I'd like to have.

But like I said, I'll just sacrifice Just Reversal. If I can train it at level 31 then that would be nice.

What a scary thought to only ever get 30 skill points "shudders". Either way my level 40 build works for level 30 as well.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jun 20, 2012, 06:00 PM
for some reason when i try to link the website in MSN chat it says the site was blocked because it was reported as unsafe

we didn't all just get secretly injected with keyloggers did we

LinkKD
Jun 20, 2012, 06:55 PM
Hm...does anyone know what exactly the sword/spear/wired lance gear skill does in the HU skill tree?

it says it enables the gear or something...but I don't quite get it...could someone fill me in? @_@

Randomness
Jun 20, 2012, 07:07 PM
Hm...does anyone know what exactly the sword/spear/wired lance gear skill does in the HU skill tree?

it says it enables the gear or something...but I don't quite get it...could someone fill me in? @_@

The gears each enable a power gauge for that weapon type - it appears over the central palette. It fills up from various things in combat, and is used to make the weapon's arts and such even stronger.

Crimson Exile
Jun 20, 2012, 07:09 PM

It adds a little bar in the bottom middle part of your screen that as you fill up gives you bonuses for weapons when it is filled, you can charge PA's for the sword that are chargeable in like a second compared to 7 or 8 seconds with a filled sword gear, and the starting PA for the sword that has you do a front-flip strike gets added shockwaves to it when you use it with a full Gear Gauge...

Partisan gear increases the length of attacks so you can hit more enemies, they are unique abilities that can't be bought and it only costs one SP each, one of the best investments you can get

Randomness
Jun 20, 2012, 07:14 PM
...they are unique abilities that can't be bought and it only costs one SP each, one of the best investments you can get

Which is why, in my opinion, anyone taking Wired Gear should just grab Partisan while they're at it.

Cypher_9
Jun 20, 2012, 07:44 PM
This is sweet... I like what you did... I utilized the simulator for this thread:

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195720&page=3

Scionni
Jun 20, 2012, 11:41 PM
I really don't know what to think about the whole stun-grenades-costing-meseta thing.

kdrakari
Jun 21, 2012, 04:49 AM
I really don't know what to think about the whole stun-grenades-costing-meseta thing.

I know exactly what to think about the whole "Only Rangers have skills that cost meseta" thing, but fortunately I didn't want to use those skills anyway.

Coatl
Jun 21, 2012, 06:58 AM
Force skill tree has been changed.

kdrakari
Jun 21, 2012, 07:37 AM
Force skill tree has been changed.

Doesn't look like it to me...

Gardios
Jun 21, 2012, 08:10 AM
for some reason when i try to link the website in MSN chat it says the site was blocked because it was reported as unsafe

we didn't all just get secretly injected with keyloggers did we
Damn, the cat's out of the bag. Seriously though, MSN is just paranoid.

It's not that bad. The items only cost 200 Meseta and it should be really good, at least on higher skill levels. Not like you can spam them anyway since you can only carry 10 with you.

LinkKD
Jun 21, 2012, 11:54 AM
The gears each enable a power gauge for that weapon type - it appears over the central palette. It fills up from various things in combat, and is used to make the weapon's arts and such even stronger.

It adds a little bar in the bottom middle part of your screen that as you fill up gives you bonuses for weapons when it is filled, you can charge PA's for the sword that are chargeable in like a second compared to 7 or 8 seconds with a filled sword gear, and the starting PA for the sword that has you do a front-flip strike gets added shockwaves to it when you use it with a full Gear Gauge...

Partisan gear increases the length of attacks so you can hit more enemies, they are unique abilities that can't be bought and it only costs one SP each, one of the best investments you can get

I see...thank you very much for the info guys~

PSO Addict
Jun 21, 2012, 03:57 PM
I will enjoy playing with this. Thanks!

Gardios
Jun 23, 2012, 11:13 AM
• Skills at Lv 0 are now not being displayed when converting to text
• Skill descriptions are now being displayed in Firefox
/5char

IndigoNovember
Jun 23, 2012, 11:57 AM
Uh, how are the skill descriptions supposed to show up? I'm running Firefox at the moment and nothing's happening. I have the Descriptions checkbox checked and have tried hovering my mouse over the icon as well as the name to no avail (*´Д`) .

Gardios
Jun 23, 2012, 12:29 PM
Delete your cache and open the site again if you had opened it previously. If it still doesn't show anything, can you open the Error Console (ctrl+shift+j) and tell me what it says? Also, what version are you on?

Dragwind
Jun 23, 2012, 02:22 PM
Added to the floating sticky.

IndigoNovember
Jun 23, 2012, 06:23 PM
Ah, I came back to the page and it worked. It was probably the cache, my bad >_< .

Gardios
Jun 23, 2012, 09:58 PM
Thanks for the sticky! /o/

Ah, I came back to the page and it worked. It was probably the cache, my bad >_< .

No worries. If it works it's all good. :)

Kion
Jun 23, 2012, 10:08 PM
This is some really nice javascript. Well done on the simulator.

Randomness
Jun 23, 2012, 10:25 PM
I really just wish Freeze Ignition and Freeze boost would switch places. That is a major kick in the face, unless Ignition is actually worth using now.

It's wildly variable on damage... but I can smash Catardrans for 700-1200 or so with it at 5. Not that bad, considering it's free. The range could be larger though, you have to be fairly close for it to detonate. And freeze is fragile, it doesn't last that long when things are getting hit.

And it looks like the PP Up values have changed. And I was about to start going into it.

Catreina
Jun 23, 2012, 11:37 PM

What do the "Gears" do? I am confused about this, but probably only this

Edit: Found it a few pages back after missing it before. =)

IndigoNovember
Jun 24, 2012, 12:21 AM
Is Photon Flare decent? I'm worried since the duration of 30 seconds never increases and the cooldown of 120 seconds never decreases according to http://pso2.swiki.jp/ . 30 seconds doesn't feel that long.

Are Fury Stance and Guard Stance also 30 second durations? The wiki I mentioned above only has the cooldown times listed.

youcantcatchtheblue
Jun 24, 2012, 01:23 AM
So... I went ahead and got Just Counter & Just Reversal for my hunter.

Just Guard / Just Counter feels really good when you pull it off, but I'm finding it really hard to use on enemies other than the Rock Bear. Rock Bears do huge swings before they actually hit so it's easy to know when they will actually attack, but other enemies are so fast that you have no time to try and do a Just Guard.... also the risk factor is really high.... if you miss your Just Guard on a really big attack, well you're pretty much screwed....

For Just Reversal, I haven't quite found the right timing to press jump when you get knocked down.... anyone have any tips on how to do this correctly?

Angelo
Jun 24, 2012, 01:32 AM
Do we have any idea of what increasing the level of each skill does yet?

For example if I rank up Guard Stance does it just increase the defense, or does it also soften the attack debuff? Some of them are obvious, like HP Up, but why would I rank up something like War Cry? It's all really vague.

As for Just Reversal, I just tap the jump button the moment my character is about the hit the ground and I'll flip up.

Apostosis
Jun 25, 2012, 12:22 AM
Thanks Gardios, I really appreciate your help with the simulator.

Randomness
Jun 25, 2012, 12:26 AM
Do we have any idea of what increasing the level of each skill does yet?

For example if I rank up Guard Stance does it just increase the defense, or does it also soften the attack debuff? Some of them are obvious, like HP Up, but why would I rank up something like War Cry? It's all really vague.

As for Just Reversal, I just tap the jump button the moment my character is about the hit the ground and I'll flip up.

The JP wiki can be google translated for rough descriptions. Both Guard Stance and Fury Stance do get better and have reduced drawbacks from leveling them.

Randomness
Jun 25, 2012, 12:35 AM
Is Photon Flare decent? I'm worried since the duration of 30 seconds never increases and the cooldown of 120 seconds never decreases according to http://pso2.swiki.jp/ . 30 seconds doesn't feel that long.

Are Fury Stance and Guard Stance also 30 second durations? The wiki I mentioned above only has the cooldown times listed.

The stances last several minutes or until canceled, from what I've heard.

Given that, Photon Flare could stand to be a bit stronger. That said... 200 power is a ton right now... but...

I'm currently thinking that the force tree needs reworking - 10 PP is not worth 10 skill points - it needs to increase PP regenerated too or give much more increase (At some point it was 33 PP, which is actually worth considering). Honestly, the ONLY percentage boosts we get are either small (1% per skill point) or limited to one family of techs (average of 2% per point in the element masteries). Freeze Ignition is nice, but the freeze status boost is, as far as I can tell, a mere 1% extra rate per point... which seems low. (If it added 1% to the base rate per point it would be awesome, however). And Ignition could use a lower cooldown, I guess (but Rabarta can easily freeze multiple targets as is atm).

I mean, look at it - Hunters have gears, rangers have special ammo like Weak Bullet, but forces get... PP Charge Revival. And some narrow boosts (If they were 5% per point the whole way, it would be awesome and totally worth doing). And Freeze Ignition, which can hit like a truck, but suffers from a 60 second cooldown even at 10. And... that's it. (Photon Flare is like an inferior Fury Stance. If it lasted until disabled, I'd love it to death...)

There's just so many more things I care about in the other trees. Force literally only has three boxes I actually considered worth aiming for even briefly (after finding out current numbers)

As an aside - why is PP Charge Revival after Flame S Charge? The skill that REDUCES how beneficial it is by reducing the amount of time you're charging to begin with? It's most useful for every tech type EXCEPT fire. Photon Flare would be better there - then you can steroid up and then unload massive damage faster into whatever weakpoint the boss is showing briefly.

Rockmanshii
Jun 25, 2012, 02:54 PM
Thanks a lot for this skill tree simulator Gardios!

imrevned
Jun 25, 2012, 04:03 PM
Thank you for this, great work! I have a quick question though, for the Hunter, what is Sword, Partisan, and Wired Lance Gear?

Rhypht
Jun 26, 2012, 09:41 AM
Sorry if this was already covered, but will there be an option to reset the skill tree? I was slightly wrong about the translations on a few of these skill points, and they could have gone better elsewhere.

Randomness
Jun 26, 2012, 09:51 AM
Sorry if this was already covered, but will there be an option to reset the skill tree? I was slightly wrong about the translations on a few of these skill points, and they could have gone better elsewhere.

For a price, yes. Which, oddly, is higher than the price of adding a new one.

Lostbob117
Jun 28, 2012, 08:38 PM
Imo this needs to be a sticky. So as the hunter, and force skill tree talk and a ranger skill tree talk.

Sigmund
Jun 28, 2012, 08:43 PM
They may as well be class specific general threads, as we pretty much discuss anything and everything. =D

Sol_B4dguy
Jun 30, 2012, 10:22 PM
This might be the wrong thread, but I can't seem to get to this menu in-game. I've been told f3 and f5, but those just bring up my inventory. Anybody able to help? :)

::Edit::

Never mind, found it. >_<

Gardios
Jul 4, 2012, 11:21 AM
• Updated skill trees, old links will not work anymore
◦ Old skill trees are still available
If you need to access your old skill tree, open the pre-1.0003.0 skill tree and use the load function. If you only have the URL, the needed code is the part after the question mark.

Detailed description will probably come this or next weekend... probably.

Gardios
Jul 18, 2012, 12:49 PM
• Added detailed skill descriptions
/10char

HFlowen
Jul 18, 2012, 12:57 PM
When you click upper trap or upper trap custom right away, the tree always puts three points into tool mastery when it only need to put one point into it, confused me for a while.

Gardios
Jul 18, 2012, 01:03 PM
Thanks, fixed it.

ahaa5
Jul 19, 2012, 10:25 PM
bug report : url generator wont save Dive Roll Advance.

and thank you for making this skill simulator. ^^

Gardios
Jul 21, 2012, 06:22 PM
Well then just get Just Reversal!

Just kidding, should be fixed now.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 21, 2012, 11:54 PM
the skill sim is pretty slick now man, gj

DiMiTri
Jul 23, 2012, 04:21 PM
I am getting a "connection timed out" whenever I attempt to load the page (Firefox 14.0.1, Win 7 x64). I've cleared the cache/cookies, restarted in safe mode, reinstalled the browser, scanned for malware, disabled firewall and AV, etc etc. Nothing appears in the error console. Pinging the host gives me a request timed out.

Same results in Chrome, Opera, and IE, so I'm guessing it's an issue with my network setup. Any idea?

Fixed somehow. I'm not sure what the issue was.

IndigoNovember
Aug 26, 2012, 04:09 PM
The page seems to be down...

MOHFL
Aug 26, 2012, 06:07 PM
The page seems to be down...

Indeed :/

Lostbob117
Aug 26, 2012, 06:52 PM
You should make a mag creator, I can help with whatever if you decide to.

IzzyData
Aug 26, 2012, 07:04 PM
I feel like this would be way better if it said how much of what is being increased. Like if I am raising the level of fury stance I want to see how much s-atk I am getting per level.

gigawuts
Aug 26, 2012, 07:18 PM
Click the details checkbox on the top right.

MOHFL
Aug 26, 2012, 07:58 PM
Click the details checkbox on the top right.

Impossible since the links are down lol

Gardios
Aug 29, 2012, 07:43 AM
Still down for you? Didn't have trouble accessing the page myself in the last few days...

You should make a mag creator, I can help with whatever if you decide to.
Not planning to, there are already various Mag sims floating around that work just fine. I think there was someone else working on one anyway—no idea who that was, though.

MOHFL
Aug 29, 2012, 05:14 PM
Still down for you? Didn't have trouble accessing the page myself in the last few days...

Not planning to, there are already various Mag sims floating around that work just fine. I think there was someone else working on one anyway—no idea who that was, though.

It's up at the moment

IndigoNovember
Aug 29, 2012, 05:56 PM
Yeah, it's working again, no clue what was up that day ┐('~`;)┌ .

Lostbob117
Sep 15, 2012, 11:38 PM
I posted this in the fighter discussion figured I should let you know about it. http://p2o.wikkii.net/wiki/Fighter_Skill_Tree I think it could help you make the fighter skill sim.

IzzyData
Sep 15, 2012, 11:40 PM
Would it be possible to add a favicon to the website? I have most of my bookmarks on my quickbar in which I only use the icon to distinguish what it is in order to fit more.

Gardios
Sep 16, 2012, 01:52 PM
• FI skill tree uploaded

• TE skill tree uploaded

Would it be possible to add a favicon to the website? I have most of my bookmarks on my quickbar in which I only use the icon to distinguish what it is in order to fit more.
I guess I could, just need to think up of something...

gigawuts
Sep 16, 2012, 01:55 PM
So you know, the top link in the OP, the example ranger build, goes to a page that has a broken home button.

And thanks for getting the new stuff up!

Gardios
Sep 16, 2012, 02:24 PM
^Fixed now.

jooozek
Sep 16, 2012, 02:30 PM
Do you need the icons along a screenshot for fitting them? Saw somewhere around an uncut palette with all the icons, will link it if I find it.
EDIT: found it:

icons here (https://dl.dropbox.com/u/9259868/pso2_final/pso2_9_12_ui_icon.png)
fighter tree here (http://sadpanda.us/images/1211234-ESUDCLK.png)
techer tree part 1 (http://sadpanda.us/images/1211235-D7U8Z65.png), techer tree part 2 (http://sadpanda.us/images/1211237-RXQB3IF.png)

Gardios
Sep 17, 2012, 07:10 PM
Cool beans, thanks a bunch! Saves me the time looking for that myself. :D

Gardios
Sep 22, 2012, 01:31 PM
• GU skill tree uploaded
• Favicon added
Icons come next (SO MUCH CROPPING), then basic descriptions, then detailed ones.

Gotta think about how to implement subclasses or if I just leave it as it is...

Dinosaur
Sep 23, 2012, 06:10 PM
I'm looking at my FI skill tree and it takes 4 points into "Brave Stance" to unlock "Knuckle Gear". I believe the Skill Simulator has that unlock at 5 points.

FenixStryk
Sep 23, 2012, 06:16 PM
Gotta think about how to implement subclasses or if I just leave it as it is...You may be better served by leaving it as-is in the short term, unless skill tree behavior is significantly different for the sub. People can get by just linking two trees in the meantime.

Gardios
Sep 23, 2012, 06:21 PM
Yeah, was definitely going to keep the seperate pages no matter what I end up doing since they're working just fine.

I'm looking at my FI skill tree and it takes 4 points into "Brave Stance" to unlock "Knuckle Gear". I believe the Skill Simulator has that unlock at 5 points.

^Fixed.

FenixStryk
Sep 23, 2012, 07:45 PM
^Fixed.Since you're around:
There's a bug on the Techer and Fighter trees where using the Reset option puts you at -1 SP instead of 0 SP. If unnoticed, it can mislead users into thinking they get 1 more SP than they actually do at the 40/50 cap. Also, the Fighter tree seems to jam up for a few seconds if you try to reset it.

I experienced these bugs on Chrome. Not sure if it's browser-specific.

Gardios
Sep 23, 2012, 08:16 PM
Not browser-specific, just clumsy coding on my side. Thanks for the heads up, fixed it.

• Fixed issues when resetting skill trees of the new classes

Sp-24
Sep 23, 2012, 11:09 PM
I'm not sure if it has been mentioned before, but that "Restraint" problem needs to be fixed urgently.

Gardios
Oct 10, 2012, 10:10 AM
Can someone post images of the new skill trees for me? It'll probably take a week again until my client is updated so I can't just log in and see for myself. D:

Geistritter
Oct 10, 2012, 02:24 PM
If someone hasn't done it by the time I'm finished patching, I'll put up all of 'em.

Choja
Oct 11, 2012, 03:11 PM
Here you go. (http://imgur.com/a/DDQyh) I don't have gunner though, ask someone else for that.

Gardios
Oct 12, 2012, 03:00 PM
Thanks you two.

• Updated simulator
To access the old simulators, just add old/01/ before the class name.

gigawuts
Oct 12, 2012, 03:02 PM
Oh ho ho, nice changes!

jooozek
Oct 12, 2012, 03:36 PM
It seems to be totally unusable on Firefox (http://i.imgur.com/lUlO8.png) (ignore fonts size, that's my zoom)

Gardios
Oct 12, 2012, 03:43 PM
Try clearing your cache, looks like it's using the old css.

If that doesn't work... well, damn you Firefox. D:

Inazuma
Oct 12, 2012, 04:21 PM
Thanks for updating the skill simulator.

Coatl
Oct 12, 2012, 05:05 PM
It seems to be totally unusable on Firefox (http://i.imgur.com/lUlO8.png) (ignore fonts size, that's my zoom)

It doesn't work on my chrome as well.
But it works fine on my Internet Explorer.

gigawuts
Oct 12, 2012, 05:06 PM
Try Ctrl+F5

It works on my chrome flawlessly.

Maronji
Oct 13, 2012, 09:18 PM
Purely out of curiosity, why is there no "0" option under the CO SP dropbox? I realize that the best use is to play around with skill points and try to make a skill tree plan, but if I wanted to, say, reflect my current level and available skill points (mainly to ask if my build is okay or to ask for advice on where I should go from there), I can't go below +1 on that CO SP (not like you can get less than 5 at the moment, anyway), and it might trick some people that I'm asking for help from (which would be an issue if the class is below Lv30 to begin with).

It's not really an issue. Rather, it's a minor annoyance (though that doesn't seem to be the word I wanted to use).

UPDATE: Anyway, I seem to have discovered a bug that causes SP to not be removed correctly out of certain skills under certain conditions (namely, if SP has been spent into a skill in an adjacent branch). The bug seems to fix itself by removing SP from the offending skill and updating the parent skill (either by clicking on its icon or adding/removing SP; examples of fixes in the Hunter section below; the only exception is the first point on Force, as T-ATK Up 1 does not have any skills before it). My observations are as follows:

Hunter
[spoiler-box]-Guard Stance won't reset (by cutting SP from HP Up 1) after spending points into JA Bonus 1; resetting JA Bonus 1 and updating HP Up 1 fixes this.
-Fury S Up 1 won't reset (by cutting SP from JA Bonus 2) after spending points into Fury Critical; resetting Fury Critical and updating JA Bonus 2 fixes this.
-S-ATK Up 1 won't reset (by cutting SP from Guard Stance) after spending points into War Cry; resetting War Cry and updating Guard Stance fixes this.
-Sword Gear and Guard Stance Up 1 won't reset (by cutting points from S-ATK Up 1) after spending points into HP Up 2; resetting HP Up 2 and updating S-ATK Up 1 fixes this.
-Automate Halfline won't reset (by cutting SP from HP Up 2) after spending points into S-ATK Up 2; resetting S-ATK Up 2 and updating HP Up 2 fixes this.
-Guard Stance Poison won't reset (by cutting SP from Flash Guard 1) after spending points into Flash Tech Guard; resetting Flash Tech Guard and updating Flash Guard 1 fixes this.[/spoiler-box]

Fighter
[spoiler-box]-Oddly enough, the entire Brave Stance branch is unaffected by the bug.
-Wise Stance won't reset after spending points into Brave Stance.
-S-DEF Up 1 won't reset after spending points into HP Up 2.
-Chain Advance should be named Chase Advance, as it shares the same katakana in the first word as Chase Bind.[/spoiler-box]

Ranger
[spoiler-box]-Weak Hit Advance 2 won't reset after spending points into Standing Snipe 1.
-Trap Search won't reset after learning Upper Trap.
-Jellen Shot won't reset after learning Poison Trap.
-Because it's not possible to spend points into Mirage Shot right now, I don't know if it's affected by the bug or not.[/spoiler-box]

Gunner
[spoiler-box]-Chain Trigger won't reset after spending points into Zero Range Advance 1
-Save for Chain Trigger itself, the Chain Trigger branch is unaffected by the bug.
-R-DEF Up 1 won't reset after spending points into R-ATK Up 2
-Automate Deadline doesn't have a description (intentional?).[/spoiler-box]

Force
[spoiler-box]-None of the three elemental masteries will reset under any circumstance unless SP is removed manually (T-ATK Up 1 itself may be the culprit). They also won't light up (even if the prerequisite is met) if points aren't directly spent on that elemental mastery at the start.
-None of the additional effect skills (Flame Tech S Charge, Freeze Ignition, Bolt Tech PP Save) will reset after spending points into the respective status effect skill[/spoiler-box]

Techer
[spoiler-box]-Deband Advance won't reset after spending points into Shifta Advance
-PP Up 1 won't reset after spending points into Mirage Boost
-Spending any points into Mirage Boostautomatically grants PP Up 1 3SP, triggering the bug.
-Resta Advance won't reset after spending points into Panic Boost.
-Dark Mastery 1 won't reset after spending points into PP Restorate 1. (???)
-The above point is the only instance where the pattern is broken, as the offending skill is not an adjacent branch to Dark Mastery 1.[/spoiler-box]

EDIT: Added a new point to the bottom of the Fighter section that I noticed since I don't have the English patch on right now and know katakana like the back of my hand.

Kylrad
Oct 19, 2012, 09:32 PM
Works fine on my Firefox.

Looking good, Keep up the good work.

edit: I'm assuming by the looks of the current generator you plan on adding the ability to check what your stats (IE r-atk r-def ect) would be with say lvl 50 ranger & techer or Gunner (or whatever classes you select)?

Gardios
Oct 26, 2012, 02:47 PM
I've been super busy so I'm sorry for the late update!

• Fixed options available for CO SP
• Fixed an issue with skill pre-requirements
• Fixed some skill translations and skill descriptions
• Added stat calculation
I'm not entirely sure if the stats displayed are correct (especially with subclasses since I don't have them unlocked yet—didn't get to play at all yet), so please tell me if they're flat-out wrong.

@Banjotron: I've been using the numbers that were provided in this thread: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201258