PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 PSO2 Detailed model number issue FIXED!!!!

Chik'Tikka
Jun 16, 2012, 05:22 AM
It's fixed!!! Sega patched the erroneous code!! Thanks Sega for fixing this!!
Now Phantasy Star Online 2 Character Detailed Model Render options work for Nvidia Optimus and other PCs+^_^+

Potential Fix with new patch!!!! when I'm done downloading the patch, i will confirm and post this in the op!!+^_^+
http://i45.tinypic.com/m7rrwo.png

this pic is from the in game Detail model number selection, but it won't let me slide it+^_^+ i tried changing the user.pso2 file to allow 30 and running with the slider at 1, but whether I'm at max setting or not, it only lets me have 5... does anyone have a possible fix?? i kinda wanna take pics like i did in CBT....
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i45.tinypic.com/mkcd3t.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Chik'Tikka
Jun 20, 2012, 10:50 PM
bumping because I'm sure with all the commotion of Pre-OBT no one saw this thread+^_^+ and i heard of others in Pre-OBT with a similar issue+^_^+
P.S. running at max setting at 720p with good fps, i tried simple shaders and compressed textures but options don't change+^_^+

CJ Johnny
Jun 20, 2012, 11:11 PM
This is the (In Game) setting.
Not your Graphic Card.

Per-OB, or OB. It may not allow you to adjust which is not a surprise or bug.

Wait for the 'Full Game'.

When this problem still exist, then you should bring this up.
Or somebody will.

Aeris
Jun 20, 2012, 11:59 PM
I founded the setting but got to take a pic to explain it here

Gama
Jun 21, 2012, 12:04 AM
Display = {
ShadowQuality = 5,
ReflectionQuality = 5,
DitailModelNum = 30,

change the 30 on the user file on the pso folder located on your documents to the number you want.

Aeris
Jun 21, 2012, 12:05 AM
Guess Gama beat me to it and thats how much i have it set at.

Chik'Tikka
Jun 21, 2012, 12:11 AM
Display = {
ShadowQuality = 5,
ReflectionQuality = 5,
DitailModelNum = 30,

change the 30 on the user file on the pso folder located on your documents to the number you want.

did, it was 5, put it to 30, still only showed 5+^_^+
i spent like 2 hours Saturday trying to figure this out+^_^+

Gama
Jun 21, 2012, 12:18 AM
odd. i had the same issue, and i managed to fix it by doing that, do a integrity check on the client
might be a bug

Mike
Jun 21, 2012, 12:22 AM
It could be related to your graphics settings.

Chik'Tikka
Jun 21, 2012, 12:23 AM
odd. i had the same issue, and i managed to fix it by doing that, do a integrity check on the client
might be a bug

i did a full re-install with whatever's on the pso2.jp page, hopefully that fixes it, but if not i just wanted to hear if anyone else has this issue+^_^+

Chik'Tikka
Jun 21, 2012, 02:51 AM
re-install did not work.... still only lets me load 5 characters..... i don't know what to do....
+^_^+

Chik'Tikka
Jun 23, 2012, 10:05 AM
bumping for justice!! and to see if anyone might have a fix yet+^_^+ did a clean install of PSO2 on another partition, but still no go, next step a clean install of my OS (Win 7 pro) +^_^+

Aeris
Jun 23, 2012, 10:27 AM
Thats a werid bug you got there, never seen that before though of why you can't set it higher.

Here what it shows on my screen:
http://i363.photobucket.com/albums/oo74/Aeris_012/pso20120623_102542_001.jpg

Chik'Tikka
Jun 23, 2012, 11:41 AM
yeah, i got the short straw+^_^+ and i see me!!!! +^_^+ anyway, i tried the 296 and 285 drivers, but they were no go, but nvidia has a 304.48 beta that just came out on the 19th, if this doesn't work ima give up and just play with 5 people only rendered until someone somewhere has the same issue and finds a fix+^_^+ ima building a new computer anyway and it should hopefully be finished by this fall
EDIT; the 304.48 beta drivers were incompatible with PSO2 on my system, caused memory errors when launching game, went back to the 301.42 drivers +^_^+

unclescr00ge
Jun 26, 2012, 02:14 PM
I'm also limited to 5. Very annoying!

TheBlackMage
Jun 27, 2012, 12:32 AM
I'm having the exact same issue, kinda of an annoyance but I could be having worse issues I suppose. *watches thread like a hawk just in-case there is a solution.*

Nadeem K
Jun 29, 2012, 01:33 PM
Same issue, bump

s0lar
Jul 1, 2012, 08:32 AM
i just deleted my user.pso2 in documents/SEGA/PHANTASYSTARONLINE2 and let it generate a new one

TheBlackMage
Jul 4, 2012, 05:44 PM
Still having this issue and deleting the user.pso2 didn't fix it when it made a new one :/
Anyone still having this problem post-launch?

Chik'Tikka
Jul 4, 2012, 06:42 PM
determined that the cause is Nvidia Optimus and AMD PowerExpress, both of those features use a custom made bus that essentially creates a sli/crossfire interface between the CPU integrated graphics (in my case Intel Family graphic) and runs the output of both GPUs simultaneously through the same bus, unfortunately, Windows OS only recognizes all data off this bus as coming from the CPU integrated graphics regardless of which chip did the actually processing and buffering *see diagram*, an easy fix Sega could implement is to simply allow users with integrated graphics to attempt to increase detailed model count and simply implement a warning that it might crash the program rather then lock IGP users out altogether+^_^+
[SPOILER-BOX]http://s1.hubimg.com/u/2750488_f520.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
as you can see from the diagram, the Radeon or Nvidia chip copies it's own rendered frame into the IGP buffer, where PSO2 then thinks that the IGP made it and auto restricts us+^_^+

Aeris
Jul 4, 2012, 09:53 PM
Yep, those power saving futures was a issue on certain games though, founded this on a forum though, donno if it works but people can give it a try for nvidia cards:

What you need to do is go into your Nvidia Control Panel and click Manage 3D settings, after that, add ShPSOBBw.exe. Set the area where it says "Select the preferred graphics processor for this program:" to High-performance NVIDIA processor. It'll run off the Nvidia card then.

TheBlackMage
Jul 5, 2012, 12:14 AM
That's the 1st time I've been more confused looking at the diagram than hearing the explanation. XD I feel like a disgrace to Casts... @_@

Well at least we finally know what the issue is, thanks! Nothing I can do about it but save up and get a better PC down the line as I doubt Sega will actually implement that. :/

Sidney
Jul 8, 2012, 02:08 AM
I've tried all the fixes, and sadly, I'm still stuck with five. I changed the .txt, and I've had PSO2 running on High Performance NVIDIA processor from the start. (Thankfully, I've known this for a long time, due to my experience with game emulation; if you have an integrated graphics card, most emulators will run on that instead of your NVIDIA, so you have to set it manually. PSO2 was no exception!) Still stuck on five. :( Any one else have ideas?

Chik'Tikka
Jul 8, 2012, 03:13 AM
I've tried all the fixes, and sadly, I'm still stuck with five. I changed the .txt, and I've had PSO2 running on High Performance NVIDIA processor from the start. (Thankfully, I've known this for a long time, due to my experience with game emulation; if you have an integrated graphics card, most emulators will run on that instead of your NVIDIA, so you have to set it manually. PSO2 was no exception!) Still stuck on five. :( Any one else have ideas?

None at all, I've been playing with values in my registry thinking maybe PSO2 is reading driver info from there and "thinking" I'm using the intel chip even though the game is running off of the nvidia chipset, but I'm hitting dead ends with that+^_^+ keep trying stuff on your end as well and be sure to post anything you find that might help!! +^_^+

Chik'Tikka
Jul 14, 2012, 07:33 PM
Playing with the registry didn't work (did clean out a few things that didn't belong though+^_^+), this little bug is hiding very well, if i can just figure out the cause, i can fix it+^_^+ if anyone who reads the JP forums seen any solutions or theories to this problem, please post it here....

EDIT: have a new theory, PSO2 includes a slightly customized version of Dxdiag (3rd button on the slider tab in the launcher), and with switchable graphics (particularly Nvidia optimus) dxdiag always shows the integrated intel GPU and stats, so it may be that every time PSO2 launches, it runs Dxdiag and decides i can only have 5 character models+^_^+ doing some research right now to see if this is the case and if i can force dxdiag to detect Nvidia optimus cards+^_^+

Quatre52
Aug 5, 2012, 11:11 PM
Any updates on this? I have the same issue, while its not game breaking, it is rather annoying....nothing I've tried has fixed the problem either, so any info you all have figured out would be greatly appreciated.

Sephirah
Aug 6, 2012, 02:51 PM
I have this issue too, I assumed it had something to do with optimus, I swear that tech causes more issues than it helps. Tried modifying my files, and deleting the user file, nothing has worked. Still stuck at 5, and my laptop has a beastly card in it, so I know it's able to handle more than 5. I'm currently running a nvidia 540M.

Chik'Tikka
Aug 6, 2012, 11:42 PM
I have this issue too, I assumed it had something to do with optimus, I swear that tech causes more issues than it helps. Tried modifying my files, and deleting the user file, nothing has worked. Still stuck at 5, and my laptop has a beastly card in it, so I know it's able to handle more than 5. I'm currently running a nvidia 540M.

the 540M (which i have as well) gets what, 40 FPS at 1900x1600 at maxed settings? and i checked how much VRAM PSO2 uses on it, less then 15%. i wish i could fill that VRAM with character models........
+^_^+

Feggge
Aug 7, 2012, 05:19 AM
humm, same card (540M), same issues... Coincidence? :S

Sephirah
Aug 7, 2012, 07:16 AM
the 540M (which i have as well) gets what, 40 FPS at 1900x1600 at maxed settings? and i checked how much VRAM PSO2 uses on it, less then 15%. i wish i could fill that VRAM with character models........
+^_^+

I've been getting over 60+ fps at max settings, with the exception of the initial couple seconds after loading into block 20 :P. But then again, I also have 8 gigs of ram, an i7 processor, and I'm running it at a lower resolution.

Chik'Tikka
Aug 8, 2012, 02:16 PM
Potential Fix with new patch!!!! when I'm done downloading the patch, i will confirm and post this in the op!!+^_^+
http://i45.tinypic.com/m7rrwo.png

Chik'Tikka
Aug 8, 2012, 03:52 PM
YEAH!!! my slider moves!!! i can finally see all you people!!!+^_^+

Quatre52
Aug 8, 2012, 08:26 PM
Yup, worked for me too. No clue why the system thought my pc couldn't handle it, just glad they fixed it!