PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon-An excellent game

DeathCheese87
Mar 22, 2003, 10:40 PM
Yes, I love this game. i cant really talk right now, because I have to play it some more. Very addictive. Just caught Kyogre!

So, how is everyone else doing in the game?

Ian D
Mar 23, 2003, 12:40 AM
I've never heard of it.

Omni-SqwirL
Mar 23, 2003, 12:51 AM
I had blue, red, and yellow...but then I sold them on Ebay because I accidently sold my Game boy on Ebay....Yeah...Ebay rocks

Kent
Mar 23, 2003, 02:55 AM
I got Pokemon Sapphire on launch day. I haven't played it an awful lot though, seeing as I've been playing a lot of PSO and Freelancer recently.

It is indeed a great game, I like it better than the previous six GB/C installments.

Ness
Mar 23, 2003, 09:09 AM
On 2003-03-22 23:55, Kent wrote:
I got Pokemon Sapphire on launch day. I haven't played it an awful lot though, seeing as I've been playing a lot of PSO and Freelancer recently.

It is indeed a great game, I like it better than the previous six GB/C installments.

I got it too, but I don't play it that much. PSO is out for Xbox??

hucasts_rock
Mar 23, 2003, 12:23 PM
pokemon is a very fun game indeed...I have red,blue,yellow and silver...my little bro bought silver version and gold....then crystal...they games get better and better as they advance http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Captain_Dude
Mar 23, 2003, 12:29 PM
I personally got tired of Pokemon after the first two versions where I had a passion for hacking the living fork out of my pokemon and beating the snot out of young children(which I was one of at the time, and still am at heart!) and watching them run home to go try and train their pokemon to be as good as my level... what was it... 987? Mewtwo...lol...I used to be a Pokemon junkie... and now I'm into online gaming (I r 1337 T3rr157 I 0//|| j00 w17 1337 AWP 'n Sig s|<1||z) So... yeah... moop.. whatever...

Bloodberry
Mar 23, 2003, 01:11 PM
Did they at least add something new to the battles? It was fun for a while, until I realized every more was just a way of saying "do damage. Do less damage. Do more damage." (never found sleep useful :)

Para
Mar 23, 2003, 02:19 PM
a team of 6 mewtwos = pwn ^.^

RavenTW
Mar 23, 2003, 02:20 PM
Well, they've got 2-on-2 battles, and their are new special abilities each pokemon has (like Torchich has blaze- whenever he goes down to 1/3 HP, it increases all fire attacks).

Anyway, I've got a ROM of Ruby and am hoping to buy Sapphire soon. The ROM has been very easy. Right before I fought Roxanne, I got Combusken (Torchic's evolution), complete with a Rock-advantageous Double Kick attack!

Congratulations on catching Kyogre! (why is it everyone has Sapphire or is getting it?)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RavenTW on 2003-03-23 11:28 ]</font>

LamerPanda
Mar 23, 2003, 04:19 PM
I have Sapphire too, because it was on top of a pile of Ruby and Sapphire. XD; I'll get Ruby eventually.

I'm actually trying to level my whole team instead of just going through everything with my starter like I usually do... so it's taken me over 4 hours just to get to the 2nd gym. 0_o; Er, oh well.

RavenTW
Mar 23, 2003, 05:16 PM
Yeah, I've never done that. I always fought with only my starter, but this time, I might need to rethink my strategy. With all the 2-on-2 battles, I might want to level up my Zigzagoo. I WANTED a Poocheyena, but I was desperate for a 2-on-2 battle.

LamerPanda
Mar 23, 2003, 06:06 PM
Zigzagoons are evil. @_@; I always find them when I'm looking for something else, or someone else will be using it and it'll drag out the battle by using Growl and Tail Whip over and over.

Poochyena finally evolved, yay. n.o I really need to work on my team, though, it's really unbalanced.

hucasts_rock
Mar 23, 2003, 08:58 PM
I'm looking forward to getting one of those new dragon type...ESPECIALLY a Rayquaza and a latias...I love dem dragons...they be unstoppable!

Kent
Mar 24, 2003, 02:41 AM
On 2003-03-23 06:09, Ness wrote:
PSO is out for Xbox??

My brother bought the GameCube version, but I'll probably end up buying the Xbox version to play online.

Vitamin_D
Mar 24, 2003, 03:00 AM
Trying to balance Pokemon, PSO, and VERY soon Wind Waker is going to be a BIG challenge...Oy. Anyway, i got Sapphire too http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif and my friend got Ruby, so we can eventually and inevitably trade. And it's just as fun as the other PKMN games thus=addicting. God...my grades are gonna be screwed.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vitamin_D on 2003-03-24 00:01 ]</font>

RavenTW
Mar 24, 2003, 08:24 AM
Has anyone done the four player 2-on-2's? You can link four GBAs and cartridges together and have a team battle.

RedFox
Mar 24, 2003, 12:55 PM
i have a ruby rom and using the power of gameshark i decided to begin the game withe squirtle instead of mudkip.

IMO the design of most of the new pokemon seems lacking...

BlackRose
Mar 24, 2003, 02:20 PM
When the craze was going on, I dismissed it as being stupid and kiddish... now I think it's a cool idea and probably worth a large amount of the craze, but i'd feel like I was jumping on the bandwagon sort of late if I started playing it now.

DeathCheese87
Mar 24, 2003, 09:03 PM
im REALLY getting into the contests. at first i doubted them, but they're actually a fun alternative to lvling up.

to bad no one i know has that game...i want to trade.

Robomonke
Mar 24, 2003, 09:19 PM
I gave up on Pokemon about 4 years ago.got red and was obsessed. Then i got gold which was mediocre. after that i quit for good.

Elysideon
Mar 25, 2003, 08:19 PM
I like pokemon. Its great. I mean the only problem I have with it is the fact that they have a show, have made 4 movies about it, and they have their faces plastered on waffles.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Elysideon on 2003-03-25 17:22 ]</font>

LamerPanda
Mar 25, 2003, 09:12 PM
Actually, it's around 5-ish movies.

I've been playing around with a Ruby ROM and Gameshark codes, too. I can't figure out what's up with Deoxys... x_X Can you actually get it in the game normally? I've never seen it mentioned. Apparently it's a space virus mutated by a laser. Very strange.

I'm thinking Jirachi is probably a Nintendo-exclusive thing like Mew or Celebi, where they'd give it away, but I'm hoping I'm wrong. ^-^

Elysideon
Mar 26, 2003, 12:19 AM
On 2003-03-25 18:12, LamerPanda wrote:
Actually, it's around 5-ish movies.

I've been playing around with a Ruby ROM and Gameshark codes, too. I can't figure out what's up with Deoxys... x_X Can you actually get it in the game normally? I've never seen it mentioned. Apparently it's a space virus mutated by a laser. Very strange.

I'm thinking Jirachi is probably a Nintendo-exclusive thing like Mew or Celebi, where they'd give it away, but I'm hoping I'm wrong. ^-^

lol yeah im using a Ruby ROM too. Im also hacking on it too. however i havent gotten to see the special pokemon on RUBY i just got the 5th badge. Im playing the new Magi-Nation ROM for GBA too. So im busy too.

RavenTW
Mar 26, 2003, 11:11 AM
I've been using the Ruby ROM, but no hacking, and actually Japan is coming out with their fifth "real" movie (Mewtwo Returns doesn't count on account of three things: 1. It was direct-to-video. 2. There was no 3-d animation. 3. There was no remix of the main theme song right after the title of the movie was given.) I just stopped Maxie at Mt. Chimney, and I finally got a level 40 Balekin!

LamerPanda
Mar 26, 2003, 06:33 PM
The 5th movie's about Latios and Latias, I think... Mewtwo Returns wasn't really a movie, it was more of a special episode that they decided to release as a movie in the US.

I finally beat Wattson, barely.

Does Shedinja have any sort of point? It has 1 HP. o_o; Scary.

Kent
Mar 26, 2003, 07:15 PM
On 2003-03-26 15:33, LamerPanda wrote:

Wattson was a pansy. I beat his whole gym using only my Combusken.

Shedinja is completely immune to any attack that it isn't weak against. Since it's a Bug/Ghost-type Pokemon, that pretty much means only Fire, Psychic, and Dark moves will hit it (if there are any non-physical Dark moves, that is).

Ness
Mar 26, 2003, 07:35 PM
On 2003-03-26 16:15, Kent wrote:

On 2003-03-26 15:33, LamerPanda wrote:

Wattson was a pansy. I beat his whole gym using only my Combusken.

Shedinja is completely immune to any attack that it isn't weak against. Since it's a Bug/Ghost-type Pokemon, that pretty much means only Fire, Psychic, and Dark moves will hit it (if there are any non-physical Dark moves, that is).

I was about to beat him, but his Magneton killed my Combusken and I didn't have any other pokemon that did good against steel. I had to goto school so I turned it off. I think I'll bet my Combusken to level 24 before I try again. He's currently at level 22.

LamerPanda
Mar 26, 2003, 07:41 PM
Kent - What level is your Combusken, though?

My team looked something like this:
Mightyena - Level 21
Grovyle - Level 21
Nincada - Level 18
Sableye - Level 17
Electrike - Level 13
Makuhita - Level 10

The only thing in there with an attack that was super-effective is Makuhita. Actually, he's the only one with a type advantage, and Combusken is fire/fighting, yes? Of course it's an easy win for you. x_X Although Grovyle is pretty good against electric attacks, it still went down pretty quickly, and all of Mightyena's attacks weren't very effective. I desperately need to balance it out a bit more... or at least get a fire-type in there, somewhere. Yeesh.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LamerPanda on 2003-03-26 16:43 ]</font>

Ness
Mar 26, 2003, 07:44 PM
Here's mine:

Combusken 23
Mightyena 20
Aron 20
Taillow 20
Lobre 20
Gulpin 20

Kent
Mar 26, 2003, 07:46 PM
My Combusken has evolved into a Blaziken and is currently level 45. As a Combusken, he was about level 22-23 in the fight with Wattson. I believe I used a couple of healing items in the fight though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kent on 2003-03-26 16:51 ]</font>

DeathCheese87
Mar 26, 2003, 07:54 PM
lets see...

Swampet 42
Hariyama 42
Breloom 42
Kyogre 46
Sableye 39 (thinking about replacing him...)
Exploud 43 (what a horrible name)

if i do, what should i put in Sableye's place? im not very sure...

Celes152
Mar 26, 2003, 08:04 PM
You let your Shroomish evolve too early, if you had waited until 52, it could have known spore.

That's what I plan to do. I despise how unpyschic and Grass unfriendly the Elite Four is this time. >.<

Kent
Mar 26, 2003, 08:34 PM
On 2003-03-26 16:54, DeathCheese87 wrote:
lets see...

Swampet 42
Hariyama 42
Breloom 42
Kyogre 46
Sableye 39 (thinking about replacing him...)
Exploud 43 (what a horrible name)

if i do, what should i put in Sableye's place? im not very sure...

The ideal balanced team would consist of Fire-, Water-, Grass-, Psychic-, Dark-, and Electric-type Pokemon.

Ghost-types can be good sometimes if your opponent is suicidal because attacks like Self-Destruct don't work on Ghosts (thus making for an easy KO if your opponent doesn't know any better). A Ground-type can be good if your opponent is Lightning-happy. I would recommend you not get a dual-type Pokemon that has two types that are weak against the same thing. Swampert and Gyarados are good examples. If you fight someone with a Grovyle you want to pull out that Swampert immediately unless you want his ass handed to him.

Grass-type uses Grass attack vs. Swampert: 2x damage vs. Ground, 2x damage vs. Water, and a 50% boost to damage with the STAB, that means 450% normal damage. Not a pretty sight if you're on the recieving end.

Of course, if you have no friends that have the game, you won't really have to worry about NPC trainers using that to their advantage.

Also, I noticed that you have two Water-type Pokemon in your team. This might not be the best decision as it leaves you weaker to Grass than normal, and if your opponent has a fast Raichu (or other Electric-type with high SP. Attack and Speed), you'd best not have that Kyogre out at the same time (when it's raining, Electric attacks get a 50% boost).

pixelate
Mar 26, 2003, 11:15 PM
I have yet to touch any game relating to Pokemon. Yea!

RavenTW
Mar 27, 2003, 03:28 PM
My team is

Blaziken level 60
Groudon level 46
Hariyama level 40
Golbat level 40
Medicham level 40
Mawile level 40

But I'm on Victory Road, so I have to use my Abra and Tentacool for their HM moves.