PDA

View Full Version : Infinity Planning on getting PSP2I. Help?

Sparks Zeta
Jun 17, 2012, 11:25 PM
Hello everyone once again!

Lately my gameplay online has not been fun. (Rainbow Names / God Types EVERYWHERE.) And i've heard that many upgrades were made since PSP2. I don't know if there is a sticky for this, But here is my question:

I am planning on ordering infinity tomorrow, but i want to find some stuff out before i screw myself over.

1:I have never owned an imported game so i don't know how they work, and my PSP is not hacked. Can i play it?

2: If i am able to, Can i import my character?

I'd appreciate the help. Thank you. :D

blace
Jun 17, 2012, 11:31 PM
Answer to question 1: A physical copy does not need you to alter anything on the system, but if you wish to play online and use the DLC from PSN, you will need to create a Japanese PSN account.

Answer for question 2: That's what the conversion thread is for. Either myself or any other individual can change your save, provided you tell us which version you wish to convert from.

Sparks Zeta
Jun 17, 2012, 11:37 PM
Answer to question 1: A physical copy does not need you to alter anything on the system, but if you wish to play online and use the DLC from PSN, you will need to create a Japanese PSN account.

Answer for question 2: That's what the conversion thread is for. Either myself or any other individual can change your save, provided you tell us which version you wish to convert from.

Ah! So i can play it. That's great news. a JPN account shouldn't be that much of an issue. They are free, right? I don't know how the JP PSN works.

And what do you mean by version? Like system version? (6.xx)? Or what game?

blace
Jun 17, 2012, 11:49 PM
PSN accounts are generally the same, but is linked to a different region.

As for what I mean by version, the US directory is labeled ULUS10529 for the save directory, while the European directory is labeled ULES01439.

Sparks Zeta
Jun 18, 2012, 12:06 AM
PSN accounts are generally the same, but is linked to a different region.

As for what I mean by version, the US directory is labeled ULUS10529 for the save directory, while the European directory is labeled ULES01439.

That's not bad. I have nothing important on my PSP anyways.

And that's what you mean. I was actually wondering what files were PSP2. Most of the time i just saved the entire Savedata file.

Thanks for that. So i just contact you when i get it to convert my save?

blace
Jun 18, 2012, 12:21 AM
Games and content from one region can be save on the same memory stick, but switching accounts requires you to activate them again, which can be done from Account Settings on the PSP.

As for having your save converted, either contact myself or post a comment in the conversion thread.

Sparks Zeta
Jun 18, 2012, 09:58 PM
I just ordered it.

I am curious, though. There are two listings for it on amazon. Is that normal?

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_9_8?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=phantasy+star+portable+2+infinity&sprefix=phantasy%2Caps%2C216

blace
Jun 18, 2012, 10:34 PM
I was wondering about that myself, but had mine ordered off of Play-Asia. They still have the Premium Box edition on there as well, for a smelly piece of leather.

Sparks Zeta
Jun 18, 2012, 10:42 PM
I was wondering about that myself, but had mine ordered off of Play-Asia. They still have the Premium Box edition on there as well, for a smelly piece of leather.

I hope i don't get ripped off. ._. Like if there is some difference between the two.
Payed Sixty-two dollars for it. I guess i'll find out in a few days. a few people on the review said they got their game. So it gets my worries off a little.

That's all the premium edition had? a leather case?

blace
Jun 18, 2012, 10:53 PM
Well it came with a code for the PSO 2 alpha, which is useless at this point, it also comes with a Nagisa PSP theme.

Did you check to see if the game was new? There's nothing more upsetting than getting a game with an already redeemed online pass.

Sparks Zeta
Jun 19, 2012, 12:09 AM
Well it came with a code for the PSO 2 alpha, which is useless at this point, it also comes with a Nagisa PSP theme.

Did you check to see if the game was new? There's nothing more upsetting than getting a game with an already redeemed online pass.

Like i'll use it anytime soon. My computer is terrible. That's neat! where do i redeem it when i get it?

And it should be. Unless amazon was lying. lol

http://i48.tinypic.com/2qi2vwk.jpg

Edit: I thought you meant ordering the game normally will give you these items. i feel dumb. :p

blace
Jun 19, 2012, 12:34 AM
I would be rather wary of what it shows and for $35 dollars is rather low for a new copy.

I guess I wasn't clear on that part, but either way, you'll need a JP PSN account to check if the code has been redeemed.

Sparks Zeta
Jun 19, 2012, 12:57 AM
I would be rather wary of what it shows and for $35 dollars is rather low for a new copy.

I guess I wasn't clear on that part, but either way, you'll need a JP PSN account to check if the code has been redeemed.

I thought it was like that because of the shipping. Like it balances out.

Ahh. -_- I guess i'll have to find out for myself in a few days. I feel uneasy though.

I would like it if amazon told me what it came with.

blace
Jun 19, 2012, 01:46 AM
The site I ordered from has two variations, the game itself for $67 + $5 shipping and the Premium Box for $119. Both are new, with used copies being sold out or lack of.

Still won't know until it arrives, hopefully it is a new copy and still has its code up for redeeming.

Sparks Zeta
Jun 19, 2012, 02:09 AM
The site I ordered from has two variations, the game itself for $67 + $5 shipping and the Premium Box for $119. Both are new, with used copies being sold out or lack of.

Still won't know until it arrives, hopefully it is a new copy and still has its code up for redeeming.

Seems like a pretty good deal. Playasia is in english? I've never been there before.

Hmm.. Because of the shipping, do you think it'll be the game? I am still paying nearly Fifty-Five dollars or so overall.

blace
Jun 19, 2012, 02:19 AM
I got the price wrong on the game itself from Play-Asia, it's $59.90 + $4.90 shipping fee: http://www.play-asia.com/Phantasy_Star_Portable_2_Infinity/paOS-13-71-9f-49-en-70-3ydl.html

And the Premium Box at $119.90, shipping fee varies: http://www.play-asia.com/Phantasy_Star_Portable_2_Infinity_Premium_Box/paOS-13-71-9f-49-en-70-42uj.html

I really have no idea on what it could be. It could be the game in either new or used condition, but with a price at $35 is debatable.

Edit: Frankly, I'm pretty surprised the Premium Box is still being sold anywhere considering how hell bent people were on getting into the PSO 2 alpha.

Titan200
Jun 19, 2012, 02:21 AM
Try this place. http://www.yesasia.com/us/phantasy-star-portable-2-infinity-normal-edition-japan-version/1023552712-0-0-0-en/info.html

Sparks Zeta
Jun 19, 2012, 02:42 AM
It does say new. I don't know, though. It's kind of difficult trying to figure that out. Considering as how it's a shop from amazon..

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aag/main?ie=UTF8&asin=B004OA3VRQ&isAmazonFulfilled=0&isCBA=&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER&seller=A25UQPV1JGILIC

That's his page. He does have a good Seller rating. I'm considering on canceling my order, and getting it on Play-Asia or Yesasia, though.. I'd rather have an online pass.

blace
Jun 19, 2012, 02:49 AM
It's pretty vague, and they're selling a used copy for $27? Either the game new is a great deal or something was done to it. No idea on the return policy for the place if it turns out to be a used copy.

It also doesn't help that pretty much everything on this (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004OA3VRQ/ref=sc_pgp__m_A25UQPV1JGILIC_1?ie=UTF8&m=A25UQPV1JGILIC&n=&s=&v=glance) page, is blank. No reviews, and no likes.

Sparks Zeta
Jun 19, 2012, 03:02 AM
It also doesn't help that pretty much everything on this (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004OA3VRQ/ref=sc_pgp__m_A25UQPV1JGILIC_1?ie=UTF8&m=A25UQPV1JGILIC&n=&s=&v=glance) page, is blank. No reviews, and no likes.

:|

Cancelling order. I have to write a message to the Shop, though. -_- That's no fun.

"Give Send us a message and a reason why"

blace
Jun 19, 2012, 03:08 AM
I don't blame you, but absolutely no likes and not a single review is grounds for suspicion. Makes me wonder if any of the things they're selling is even real, much less pay them in shipping fees.

Where's the shop located anyway?

Sparks Zeta
Jun 19, 2012, 03:14 AM
I don't blame you, but absolutely no likes and not a single review is grounds for suspicion. Makes me wonder if any of the things they're selling is even real, much less pay them in shipping fees.

Where's the shop located anyway?

In Japan. Apparently.

blace
Jun 19, 2012, 03:20 AM
Okay then.

Sparks Zeta
Jun 23, 2012, 11:09 AM
The person i ordered the game from already shipped it so i couldn't cancel it. So I spent the past few days Playing Dark Souls to patiently wait for it.

I Got my package today.
I got it. :D And i think it's Brand-New. It has a PSO2 sticker on the wrapper.

Just so i can activate it later, where will the online pass be located? (I'm trying to figure out which one it is.)

Ame
Jun 23, 2012, 11:26 AM
when you open the box containing the umd just look to the top left of the box and it will show the 12 digit numbers for the lwl code.

Sparks Zeta
Jun 23, 2012, 03:24 PM
when you open the box containing the umd just look to the top left of the box and it will show the 12 digit numbers for the lwl code.

Found it. Thank you. :D

Last question before i start using the guide because it's not here.

After you're done making the character, it asks you to save/ gives you a caution message. once you do so, it asks you something else. I'm not so great at reading japanese. What is it asking me for?

Ame
Jun 23, 2012, 03:25 PM
have you had your file from america converted to japan?

Sparks Zeta
Jun 23, 2012, 03:27 PM
have you had your file from america converted to japan?

That's an odd question.

Up yes, bottom no?
Will it effect the game-play or what?

Ame
Jun 23, 2012, 03:33 PM
top option is yes and bottom option is no.gameplay effect is you can play with your current characters from america if converted.

Sparks Zeta
Jun 23, 2012, 03:43 PM
top option is yes and bottom option is no.gameplay effect is you can play with your current characters from america if converted.

That's if you convert them, though. Right? It's pretty much an option for characters you import?

I'm planning on starting new for Infinity.

Ame
Jun 23, 2012, 03:44 PM
That's if you convert them, though. Right? It's pretty much an option for characters you import?

I'm planning on starting new for Infinity.

kk & yes,enjoy infinity.:3

Sparks Zeta
Jun 23, 2012, 03:46 PM
kk & yes,enjoy infinity.:3

Thank you. I shall. ^^ Don't know if i should start from episode one again.. Just to get some experience.

And thank you, blace.

Ame
Jun 23, 2012, 05:10 PM
starting from episode 1 is a good idea to get your character stronger and to unlock things.after episode 1 do episode 2.

Nytesong
Aug 4, 2012, 01:38 PM
i got my infinity copy today (havent even opened yet)!! really exited about this, but im having trouble making a JP psn account. i don't own a PS3, and the website keeps telling me to try again later.. is there a problem with the website? or, do i need a ps3 to make a JP psn account?

edit: i forgot to put the space in the capatcha. d'oh.

blace
Aug 4, 2012, 02:03 PM
You shouldn't need a PS3 to register.

You can register through your PSP by deleting the profile associated with it and register from there.

Nytesong
Aug 4, 2012, 02:21 PM
thanks blace for the tip, but the website worked just fine after i got that space in the capatcha. the keyboard on the psp is frustrating...i wonder tho will my US psn account need to be deleted? or can i do both. guess i'll find out here in a minute when i finally get a character created :P

blace
Aug 4, 2012, 03:00 PM
The account needs to be deleted from the system for it to register another account and other account bound items.

Basically, deleting the account is the same as logging out. When you log out, you lose access to games/movies associated with the account. But it's also the same with the JP account you need for Infinity online play and DLC from PSN.

When switching accounts, you'll need to reactivate games and other content from PSN from the account settings menu.

Nytesong
Aug 4, 2012, 03:37 PM
seems to be working now. cheers blace.

Mr Fwibbles
Aug 5, 2012, 07:22 PM
Nice to see that you decided to get Infinity, I hope I'll see you online soon. Don't forget to download all the extra missions from PSN (you can get them all in one download if you use the Official Website option from the game's main menu), and let us know if you have any other problems with it.

Nytesong
Aug 5, 2012, 09:17 PM
i will try it when i get my characters imported, dunno if the dlc folder gets wiped too.

blace
Aug 5, 2012, 09:25 PM
Only your data gets wiped, DLC is and PSN DLC stay intact.

Mike
Aug 5, 2012, 09:28 PM
i will try it when i get my characters imported, dunno if the dlc folder gets wiped too.
Downloadable missions from PSP2 are included in Infinity so they're all there. Infinity has a new set of downloadable missions available from Sega as well as a set of infinity missions available from the store. Downloading them will create a new set of data so the old ones will still be there. Any old DLC items or weapons you have my now be included in Infinity as well. Anything that was free in PSP2 is included in Infinity's data. Other DLC you may have bought can be used in Infinity too.