PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 HU/RA skill tree opinions

Sonngyie
Jun 19, 2012, 09:49 PM
I need some help on skill trees. ^^; so, i want your opinions about pre-made skill tree.
by the way i did lvl cap as 40, so i over used to 40/30 :-P

here is the HU skill tree i made: http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/hunter.html?00HU!IEebIoqnGFHN6

this is the RA skill tree i made: http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/ranger.html?00RA!IEkdGAGEIk6

i really want good/nice options about my pre-made skill trees. thanks for reading and replying!! (if u did it) :D

Crimson Exile
Jun 19, 2012, 10:15 PM
I need some help on skill trees. ^^; so, i want your opinions about pre-made skill tree.
by the way i did lvl cap as 40, so i over used to 40/30 :-P

here is the HU skill tree i made: http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/hunter.html?00HU!IEebIoqnGFHN6

this is the RA skill tree i made: http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/ranger.html?00RA!IEkdGAGEIk6

i really want good/nice options about my pre-made skill trees. thanks for reading and replying!! (if u did it) :D
You don't like weapon gear on HU skill tree?

RAnewearl
Jun 19, 2012, 10:22 PM
You don't like weapon gear on HU skill tree?

Dont see a point when you can buy it. Waste of SP

Crimson Exile
Jun 19, 2012, 10:40 PM
Dont see a point when you can buy it. Waste of SP

Wait wait wait. YOU CAN BUY THE SWORD GEAR?? Why would they put it on the skill tree if you could buy it?

Sonngyie
Jun 19, 2012, 10:48 PM
idk, but u can buy lvl1 wep skill disk form NPC nd tat wasn't my point Q-Q

Crimson Exile
Jun 19, 2012, 10:54 PM
idk, but u can buy lvl1 wep skill disk form NPC nd tat wasn't my point Q-Q
Lol. On your hunter skill tree I was wondering why you didn't have at least sword gear, partisan gear, or wire lance gear selected. Most HU skill tree's has 1 of those selected.

RAnewearl
Jun 19, 2012, 10:56 PM
Lol. On your hunter skill tree I was wondering why you didn't have at least sword gear, partisan gear, or wire lance gear selected. Most HU skill tree's has 1 of those selected.

Yupyup if remembered correctly its only about 500 meseta? Or watever the ingame money is called. Just pick up junk and sell it to npc and viola yu have enough money for it!

Sonngyie
Jun 19, 2012, 10:57 PM
because it allows u to use tat perticuler gear. tats wat says in the skill explantion. lol

Sonngyie
Jun 19, 2012, 10:58 PM
i want option about ma skill tree not another question! LOOL

Crimson Exile
Jun 19, 2012, 11:00 PM
Yupyup if remembered correctly its only about 500 meseta? Or watever the ingame money is called. Just pick up junk and sell it to npc and viola yu have enough money for it!
What shop can one buy it from?

Crimson Exile
Jun 19, 2012, 11:03 PM
i want option about ma skill tree not another question! LOOL
Lol sorry sorry. Its look fine. Better now that you can buy the gear sets at least.

Blackheart521
Jun 19, 2012, 11:05 PM

Gear doesn't have any way to get other than the Skill tree, I don't think you know what the weapon gears do, it adds a little bar in the bottom middle part of your screen that as you fill up gives you bonuses for weapons when it is filled, you can charge PAs for the sword that are chargeable in like a second compared to 7 or 8 seconds with a filled sword gear, and the starting PA for the sword that has you do a front-flip strike gets added shockwaves to it when you use it with a full Gear Gauge...

Partisan gear increases the length of attacks so you can hit more enemies, they are unique abilities that can't be bought and it only costs one SP each, one of the best investments you can get. ^^

Crimson Exile
Jun 19, 2012, 11:07 PM
Gear doesn't have any way to get other than the Skill tree, I don't think you know what the weapon gears do, it adds a little bar in the bottom middle part of your screen that as you fill up gives you bonuses for weapons when it is filled, you can charge PAs for the sword that are chargeable in like a second compared to 7 or 8 seconds with a filled sword gear, and the starting PA for the sword that has you do a front-flip strike gets added shockwaves to it when you use it with a full Gear Gauge...

Partisan gear increases the length of attacks so you can hit more enemies, they are unique abilities that can't be bought and it only costs one SP each, one of the best investments you can get. ^^
So every Hunter should have at least one skill tree gear?

Blackheart521
Jun 19, 2012, 11:13 PM
So every Hunter should have at least one skill tree gear?

Anybody can feel free to ignore them, but it really expands your PAs and adds some extra options in battle... being able to charge Rising Edge in a Dark Ragne boss battle in like one second made the difference between 2 hits and 6 hits on his legs... its useful in my mind at least. Though as far as I know nobody knows what the wired lance gear does and I want that cuz I like wired lances... It lets you specialize a weapon or two for a pretty cheap price ^^

RAnewearl
Jun 19, 2012, 11:14 PM
Yup didnt know. Sorry about that
Just found out http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2768949&posted=1#post2768949

Lumir
Jun 19, 2012, 11:20 PM
Its possible to get all 3 gears right? You are not just limited to 1 according to the skill tree.

RAnewearl
Jun 19, 2012, 11:26 PM
Its possible to get all 3 gears right? You are not just limited to 1 according to the skill tree.

From wat ive seen others doing in the skill simulator thread, yes it is.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jun 19, 2012, 11:30 PM
wow dude i skimmed thru the thread and it doesn't seem like anybody told you how gimped your ranger tree is

i don't know what your fascination is with weak hit advance but it's definitely not that good.

what you want is jellen shot and weak bullet. jellen shot is famous for making bosses only hit for like ~10 damage, and weak bullet = creates a weak spot on a boss that allies can hit as well. the reason why it's really good is because it MULTIPLIES with an already existing weakspot.

so if you use weak bullet, shoot it at a weak spot on a boss, that weak spot on top of the weak spot caused by the weak bullet will now do gigantic damage, even more so than before.

i wont give you too much flack since it seems like you just haven't played the game yet so you don't know any better. but pretty much everybody will agree with me. jellen shot + weak bullets are necessary as a ranger, unless you just don't like how easy they make the game, i donno. panic shot is also good. stun grenade/traps/bind bullet are garbage though (from my own closed beta experience at least.) they might have changed however, i'm not sure.

as for hunter, you definitely want at least one gear. if you're gonna get one, i suggest partisan, as it's the safest weapon to go with since it's fast and has long range. also you need just guard/just counter. just guard not only takes NO PP to pull off (which means you can guard for an infinite amount of times if your timing is up to par and no unblockables are used by the enemy) it also acts like a counter.

if you just guard (perfect guard) the enemy will receive damage. however your animation is frozen for like 1-2 seconds in the guard state after a perfect guard. this is why you want just counter. just counter allows you to cancel out of that frozen guard animation immediately after you do a perfect guard. it is also not a regular melee attack, but a just melee attack.

you have the right idea in maxing fury stance and fury crit. but trust me, you'll want just guard and just counter and a weapon gear. the functionality they give your character increases your survivability and damage output by a large amount.

@lumir yeah you can get all 3 weapon gears. however personally i won't be getting the wired lance gear. it seems to do nothing, in all honesty. don't let my opinion effect you though, apparently it does slightly increase range and damage, however when i was messing with it it seemed relatively insignificant.

Sonngyie
Jun 19, 2012, 11:34 PM
from wep shop NPC =.= since i answered ur question, any opinion about ma question?

Sonngyie
Jun 19, 2012, 11:43 PM
OHHHH thanks it helped me alot, deldelight8!! i like wird gear wep so i like to get tat skill rather than spear. nd since i need to get the gurd skills, i need to ruduce sp from the JA bonus?

soulpimpwizzurd
Jun 19, 2012, 11:48 PM
OHHHH thanks it helped me alot, deldelight8!! i like wird gear wep so i like to get tat skill rather than spear. nd since i need to get the gurd skills, i need to ruduce sp from the JA bonus?

yeah, you should take sp from JA bonus and add it towards the guard skills.

Sonngyie
Jun 19, 2012, 11:49 PM
http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/hunter.html?00HU!IEebkbqBGDuO6
does this skill tree looks good now?

Sonngyie
Jun 19, 2012, 11:53 PM
i fixed RA skill tree too. plese look at it nd see if i did it right. :)
http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/ranger.html?00RA!IEqDcf2qn4NIdI3

soulpimpwizzurd
Jun 20, 2012, 12:00 AM
both trees are better imo.

as a ranger you don't necessarily need to get just reversal but i'd suggest it just in case. where you take the points from to get just reversal unlocked is up to you, however if it were me i'd take them from jellen shot.

Sonngyie
Jun 20, 2012, 12:02 AM
ohhhhh thanks for suggestions and helping me :) it helped me alot. as u said b4 im first time ever to play this game so idk a thing lol

Doodad
Jun 20, 2012, 12:44 AM
Each point you put into your R-ATK UP does not give the same bonus amount. You get higher bonuses the more points you put into the same tier. For example, your R-ATK up 1 will give you +3 at level 1, +3 (6) at level 2, +4 at 3 (10), +4 at 4 (14), +4 at 5 (18 ), +5 at 6 (23), +5 at 7 (28 ), +6 at 8 (34), +6 at 9 (40), and +10 at 10 for a total of +50. R-ATK 2 follows the same pattern so you're getting less benefits from your skill points. If you move those 3 points from tier 2 into tier 1 you'd get +34 R-ATK instead of +28 which you are at now.

This is all based on the Japanese Wiki information which i believe to be correct.

Randomness
Jun 20, 2012, 12:51 AM
wow dude i skimmed thru the thread and it doesn't seem like anybody told you how gimped your ranger tree is

i don't know what your fascination is with weak hit advance but it's definitely not that good.

what you want is jellen shot and weak bullet. jellen shot is famous for making bosses only hit for like ~10 damage, and weak bullet = creates a weak spot on a boss that allies can hit as well. the reason why it's really good is because it MULTIPLIES with an already existing weakspot.

so if you use weak bullet, shoot it at a weak spot on a boss, that weak spot on top of the weak spot caused by the weak bullet will now do gigantic damage, even more so than before.

i wont give you too much flack since it seems like you just haven't played the game yet so you don't know any better. but pretty much everybody will agree with me. jellen shot + weak bullets are necessary as a ranger, unless you just don't like how easy they make the game, i donno. panic shot is also good. stun grenade/traps/bind bullet are garbage though (from my own closed beta experience at least.) they might have changed however, i'm not sure.

as for hunter, you definitely want at least one gear. if you're gonna get one, i suggest partisan, as it's the safest weapon to go with since it's fast and has long range. also you need just guard/just counter. just guard not only takes NO PP to pull off (which means you can guard for an infinite amount of times if your timing is up to par and no unblockables are used by the enemy) it also acts like a counter.

if you just guard (perfect guard) the enemy will receive damage. however your animation is frozen for like 1-2 seconds in the guard state after a perfect guard. this is why you want just counter. just counter allows you to cancel out of that frozen guard animation immediately after you do a perfect guard. it is also not a regular melee attack, but a just melee attack.

you have the right idea in maxing fury stance and fury crit. but trust me, you'll want just guard and just counter and a weapon gear. the functionality they give your character increases your survivability and damage output by a large amount.

@lumir yeah you can get all 3 weapon gears. however personally i won't be getting the wired lance gear. it seems to do nothing, in all honesty. don't let my opinion effect you though, apparently it does slightly increase range and damage, however when i was messing with it it seemed relatively insignificant.

Lol. Weak Spot Advance=25% bonus damage to weak points at 10. I think you're assuming that Jellen Shot and Weak Bullet will always be as ridiculous as they are at low levels, and that's a dangerous assumption. Want to bet there's a reason weak shot gives you five shots or so at rank 10?

Also, just because you don't understand how a gear works doesn't make it useless.

You're taking a very limited experience in CB and trying to extrapolate it as the way the game will work forever. That's silly. In particular, Jellen Shot may well be applying a fixed value debuff, which would be MUCH less crippling at higher levels. You need to chill out.

mnemosy
Jun 20, 2012, 04:04 AM
Each point you put into your R-ATK UP does not give the same bonus amount. You get higher bonuses the more points you put into the same tier. For example, your R-ATK up 1 will give you +3 at level 1, +3 (6) at level 2, +4 at 3 (10), +4 at 4 (14), +4 at 5 (18 ), +5 at 6 (23), +5 at 7 (28 ), +6 at 8 (34), +6 at 9 (40), and +10 at 10 for a total of +50. R-ATK 2 follows the same pattern so you're getting less benefits from your skill points. If you move those 3 points from tier 2 into tier 1 you'd get +34 R-ATK instead of +28 which you are at now.

This is all based on the Japanese Wiki information which i believe to be correct.

He needs 3 points in R-ATK 2 to unlock Jellen Shot.

Doodad
Jun 20, 2012, 12:33 PM
Oh, my bad, thanks for pointing that out. That was my first time to look at the RA tree and thought the jellen shot came from the right instead of the middle.

Sonngyie
Jun 20, 2012, 02:23 PM
umm so my RA tree is still wrong? then how should i fix it?

mnemosy
Jun 20, 2012, 03:20 PM
umm so my RA tree is still wrong? then how should i fix it?

No, it's fine dude. We don't know what is going to be buffed and nerfed in the future so any "skill tree speculation" is pretty hard to agree upon this early in the game's life cycle. But as of the last closed beta test, your skill tree would pretty much be the ideal, perfect tree for a RA.

Sonngyie
Jun 20, 2012, 03:43 PM
ohhhhh ok thx so its good to go? xD its tomr!! the open beta!! im readyyyyy :3