PDA

View Full Version : Online!!!

Stag
Mar 23, 2003, 03:34 AM
Ok i have road runner. i have tried a sh*t load of things. How do i get online. Please tell me exactly i dont care if you start from hook up ur gamecube just tell me.

IceBlink
Mar 23, 2003, 09:57 AM
This really belongs in tech section, but for now, please list any error messages you have when trying to connect.

I'll assume that you have broadband (since I don't know what Roadrunner is), so you'll need a BBA. As to how your computer connects, you'll need to be more precise on that too. Also, is your connection PPPoE? o_O

For instance, my connection is like this.

phone jack
|
| <-- phone lead
|
|
netgear router (4 port/ethernet DSL modem in one)
p1 p2
| |
| |
| cat5 | cat5
| network | network
| cable | cable
| |
computer BBA(and gamecube)

Unless you reveal more, can't help you!

Joe-Azlin
Mar 27, 2003, 10:41 PM
im not online yet with pso but i am online with socom and i noe how 2 use the road runner modem cuz i have it. this is wat u do assuming it connects the same way as pso does. first thing u do is unhook all of the modem cords from your computer and wall so ur road runner modem is off. let it sit there for about 1 or 2 mins so it can reboot itself. get all the wores hooked in to the gc and the cable line. then u hook in ur power on the modem 2 the wall. then (in socom) i usually test the connection 2 make sure it all works. make sure all the green lights r on on ur modem before testing the connection tho. then i guess u jsut login and u can go. if this doesnt help pm me and ill explain it further. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif