PDA

View Full Version : Client Crash - Error message referenced memory

SurfaceStar
Jun 21, 2012, 11:11 AM
There have been several notices of people receiving an application error stating "The instruction at 0x0048a8eb referenced memory at 0x00000044. The memory could not be accessed at this time." To which the client freezes, and crashes.

It stops at different points, I've noticed. At quest givers, at character screens, and is persistent.

Is there any thing that could solve this error?

KyAniki
Jun 21, 2012, 12:06 PM
For me, that was solved by switching to simple shaders. Makes the game look quite a bit worse but it's better than not being able to play at all.

Alenoir
Jun 21, 2012, 12:10 PM
I was locked out of the game during preOB 'cause I was getting that upon login. A quick restart fixed it somehow.

Totoro2
Jun 22, 2012, 11:39 AM
I have been having this same problem. I've been searching everywhere for a solution. I keep seeing "lower your graphic settings/shaders." Sure that might solve the problem, but my computer should be able to run PSO2 highest graphic settings fine. I just shelled out $1200 for a new laptop about a month ago, so hopefully you can understand why I'm not willing to just lower the graphic settings. Anyway, if anyone has been able to find a solution to this issue without having to lower the graphic settings, please let me know. I would greatly appreciate it.

ChinchillaxCharlie
Jun 26, 2012, 12:42 AM
So I have this same issue. I have set my graphic settings from the client menu down to simple shaders or 0 as you would say. I put the bar down to 1 I tried different resolutions and fullscreen or not. Then I updated my Driver and Directx which were already up to date. and only other thing I have thought it might be is I havent updated windows in awhile so its doing that right now... I don't see how any files in windows update will fix this. Its as soon as I skip the 2 videos right before character creation and when it goes to load the character model... BOOM ERROR the one with the 0x referred memory 0x shinanagins.... I really hope someone can help me with this one. Only thing I havent dones is reinstalled the game but I dun want to have to redownload the files they took FOREVER :P ....

Sorry for the long run-on sentence/paragraph please let me know if you all figured something out. And sorry for beinging back an older post I just didnt want to spam with a post about the same kind of error.

Thanks in advance, Charlie Chinchilla

Emery25
Jun 26, 2012, 12:56 AM
It happened to me before when I update amd catalyst from 12.3 to 12.4, It got fixed by me reverting to the previous version

Razelis
Jun 26, 2012, 01:14 AM
Happens to me as well, I've been freezing in Mission lobby (not shop area) and in Drop Ship-City version (where the background is in space)

I found a slight bypass, everytime I freeze I hit ctrl+alt+delete then hitting cancel and the game continue running. But such solution is pretty annoying, especially because I can't stand where everyone are at - the Mission lobby ><

Windows 7 up to date, updated my graphic card driver, uninstalled PSO2, deleted folder, deleted SEGA folder in documents, reinstall - Nothing...

I did not have this problem in Closed BETA, it started in Pre Open BETA... And my PC run the shaders without any slowdowns...

Would like to hear if anyone knows a fix ( T w T

ChinchillaxCharlie
Jun 26, 2012, 03:21 AM
It happened to me before when I update amd catalyst from 12.3 to 12.4, It got fixed by me reverting to the previous version

I updated all my drivers and everything....

And to the person talking about Freezing its not freezing its making an error pop up and the only thing I can do is hit ok and then it turns off the game (Crashes)

So I guess my computer just hates PSO2....

ChinchillaxCharlie
Jun 26, 2012, 03:23 AM

I uninstalled 12.4 and reinstalled 12.3 and it worked Thank you so much dude.... Im on ship 2 Names just Charlie XD HUman Hunter I think lol With all the Japanese... I really need to learn it been wanting to learn since I was 16 im 24 now and I don't have an excuse not to lol...

But yeah Thank you that was the main issue and you solved it for me...

gothreaper
Apr 1, 2013, 04:31 PM
how do i do that please tell me fast

Syklo
Apr 1, 2013, 05:39 PM
how do i do that please tell me fast
Your name totally suits this necro.

I can't do driver updates/downgrades as easily because of my switchable graphics system (dam you HP!!) but I still get this error occasionally.
It's rare though, and a simple restart of the computer usually solves the problem.
Even though a BSOD occurs when restarting, 80% of the time.

gothreaper
Apr 2, 2013, 08:29 AM
i restarted the laptop but i still get this error i really want to play the game and this error it's screwing the game up i really need to fix it