PDA

View Full Version : Crippling input problems: scroll lock doesn't fix

Kromlech06
Jun 21, 2012, 01:25 PM
As far as scroll lock and auto chat are concerned, enabling/disabling does nothing, so rather than hijack an already-answered thread about input troubles, I've made a new one.

PSO2 doesn't respond to WASD to move, ctrl to delete characters from the character menu, and shift key. Pressing the letters do not bring up the chat, and scroll lock being on or off doesn't change this. PSO2 doesn't respond to the same keys being pressed in on-screen keyboard in windows either.

PSO2 DOES respond to the arrow keys, the numlock number keys, LMB and RMB, and enter. To add to my input woes, the scroll for the mouse-controlled camera is screwed up. A single touch of the mouse sends the camera spinning around the character at an uncontrollable speed, with no way to control the angle of the camera either, as that also moves too fast.

I am not in gamepad mode; the option menu is set to keyboard + mouse and there is no gamepad plugged into my system.

Anybody have any idea wth?

Itsuki
Jun 21, 2012, 01:31 PM
Sounds like you need a new keyboard. More specifically, it sounds like some sort of driver issue related to how PSO2 is reading inputs. Do you have another keyboard you can test? Are they running any additional software or specialized programmable drivers that may be blocked by gameguard?

Kromlech06
Jun 21, 2012, 01:54 PM
While my keyboard and mouse are as old as the first PSO, they still work fine with every other application I run on my computer. My spare, much newer and shinier USB keyboard also does nothing different with PSO2; same problems as before. They are using windows drivers found via windows update, and their most recent drivers from logitech are already included in windows 7.

I do use PPjoy joystick drivers to play my PSP from my computer, but disabling/changing them doesn't get any desired response from PSO2 either.

I appreciate the help. :D

Kromlech06
Jun 24, 2012, 11:39 PM
Still having this problem unfortunately. Can't check how my account behaves on a different computer yet.

Basically the game allows some keyboard input and not others. Anything involving shift, ctrl, or Alt does not work. PSO2 is ignoring input for some reason. WASD and alt+[A~Z] don't work but other keyboard functions, such as third person camera lock, rotate weapon palette, and lock on do work normally. The hardware is not at fault... even windows' on-screen keyboard behaves the same way. I'm really at a loss here.

Nobody out there is having a problem like this?

wildsprite
Sep 11, 2012, 07:17 AM
this problem you are having sounds like you have some windows ease of access features enabled, it will cause the keyboard to ignore many inputs while allowing others as long as it is enabled(provided of course I am right on it)
something to note is, some programs totally ignore ease of access so that could be why you are able to use the keyboard fully in some programs but not in PSO2

try this
press both of the shift keys together 3 times in a row quickly, you may hear a beep or see something visual, if the ease of access features are the problem then you will have full response again once you finish

something else you might try is going into the settings(the Support Menu option before the char select screen, or the gears icon on the menu strip) to options and then choose control settings, then Reset All, then choose keyboard+mouse again and see if that helps

Divinian
Jul 2, 2013, 06:22 PM
Hello. Sorry to necrobump this post, but it explains the exact same issue that I am having. Unfortunately, the thread never got to a resolution.

Like the OP, I tried several keyboards, several mice, and am not using a gamepad.

I am using windows 8 64-bit, but I have seen that win8 works fine.

BTW this only happens in TPS mode, NOT in camera mode. But, course, since TPS mode is how you fight the game is nigh unplayable atm.

I would appreciate any help. Thanks.

Divinian
Jul 4, 2013, 07:51 AM
Bump.