PDA

View Full Version : Game Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS

Shinji Kazuya
Jun 22, 2012, 06:51 AM
Super Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U being developed by Tales, Soulcalibur, Tekken staff with Sakurai directing the game as always and overseeing the project.

From Siliconera: http://www.siliconera.com/2012/06/21/super-smash-bros-3ds-and-wii-u-being-developed-by-tales-soulcalibur-tekken-staff/

I'm quite happy with this. Makes the possibility of having Namco characters (Tales, Tekken, Soulcalibur, and much more) on the game! :3

NoiseHERO
Jun 22, 2012, 06:58 AM
The game only JUST started development huh...

Interesting info is interesting.

.Rusty.
Jun 22, 2012, 06:58 AM
The 3ds version was rumoured to have rpg elements like building up a character and then sending them to the wiiU so tales staff being involved in development is interesting.

DayDreamer
Jun 22, 2012, 07:26 AM
The game only JUST started development huh...

Interesting info is interesting.
Sakurai himself said that after he was done with Kid Icarus Uprising he'd jump on Super Smash Bros, I swear that Sakurai is god in disguise<3

Ce'Nedra
Jun 22, 2012, 08:39 AM
Tales of series in smash bros eh...GIB KRATOS! /Thread

Also characters from Xenoblade Chronicles could fit in perfectly into Super Smash games...My vote there goes to Shulk, Melia and Fiora ;3

FOODFOOD
Jun 22, 2012, 11:57 AM
Tales Of + Soul Calibur + Tekken? Yes please :D

Akaimizu
Jun 22, 2012, 12:09 PM
To tell the truth, that's not a bad mixup. Not a bad mixup at all.

Cz
Jun 22, 2012, 12:19 PM
The more reason to get a Wii U! :bunny: :bunny: :bunny:

Outrider
Jun 22, 2012, 12:37 PM
I have no interest in Namco characters appearing in Smash Bros aside for, I dunno... Pac-Man, I guess.

Still, at least Namco has experience with online fighters. This is good news!

Sayara
Jun 22, 2012, 12:46 PM
Klona isn't that namco? That'd be a good cross-over. Someone UNIQUE anyway :|

DayDreamer
Jun 22, 2012, 01:08 PM
Klona isn't that namco? That'd be a good cross-over. Someone UNIQUE anyway :|
*Klonoa
and god yes<3
*Points to signature*

hbmizzle10
Jun 22, 2012, 02:43 PM
little iffie about namco devolping smash bros......

Scrub
Jun 22, 2012, 03:34 PM
I hope it's a lot more competitive than the latest smash bros and soul calibur games.

Ce'Nedra
Jun 22, 2012, 06:48 PM
It needs to get the same level as Melee had but then with an huge adventure mode and all the extras Brawl had and then even more.

Also as much I like it, Smash bros aint Smash bros anymore if there are non nintendo characters i guess. Which is why I still got no clue why Snake and Sonic were in Brawl...Sonic is Sega and Snake is whatever created him.

Resanoca
Jun 22, 2012, 07:41 PM
It needs to get the same level as Melee had but then with an huge adventure mode and all the extras Brawl had and then even more.

Also as much I like it, Smash bros aint Smash bros anymore if there are non nintendo characters i guess. Which is why I still got no clue why Snake and Sonic were in Brawl...Sonic is Sega and Snake is whatever created him.
Metal Gear Solid remake was on GC, as well as Sonic games. Don't recall which, but fans demanded one of them, if I recall right.

NoiseHERO
Jun 22, 2012, 07:54 PM
original MGS on NES an gameboy

Rei-San
Jun 22, 2012, 08:18 PM
I'm just going to go ahead and say it. Asbel Lhant or Jude Mathis for Brawl ! :D

I can see people being skeptical, but remember Sakurai is overseeing productions. What could go wrong? ^^

Shadownami92
Jun 22, 2012, 08:30 PM
And his Project Sora team and others from Nintendo are also working on it. So it's not like Namco Bandai is doing everything.

I would like seeing Klonoa in it though :D

And maybe Gon?

Kent
Jun 22, 2012, 09:54 PM
I couldn't care a whole lot less about Bamco characters making it into the game. At worst, them being involved will mean tons of on-disc locked content that you have to pay extra for, but I would hope that Sakurai has enough leverage to not let that crap fly.

I would be completely okay with a Katamari as an item though.

Randomness
Jun 22, 2012, 10:35 PM
Tales of series in smash bros eh...GIB KRATOS! /Thread

Also characters from Xenoblade Chronicles could fit in perfectly into Super Smash games...My vote there goes to Shulk, Melia and Fiora ;3

Fiora would be the most interesting in my opinion - Shulk's movelist would be hard to make specials out of, due to how heavy it is on support skills (Over half his movelist, in fact. The only attacks he has that aren't straight up slashes are Monado Buster/Purge/Eater/Cyclone, and Buster would have to be his forward smash, since it's just a super giant slash attack)

hbmizzle10
Jun 23, 2012, 12:09 PM

the reason why snake got in was because the creator of the snake series and the creator of the smash bros series were friends, snake was originally supposed to be in melee but he was cut because the metal gear series creator had asked(i think) for him to be included too late. sonic was a very popular character demanded by the smash fans and veterans since that april fools joke on an egm magazine(melee)

Ce'Nedra
Jun 23, 2012, 01:44 PM
Fiora would be the most interesting in my opinion - Shulk's movelist would be hard to make specials out of, due to how heavy it is on support skills (Over half his movelist, in fact. The only attacks he has that aren't straight up slashes are Monado Buster/Purge/Eater/Cyclone, and Buster would have to be his forward smash, since it's just a super giant slash attack)

Doesn't sound to bad in my opinion. Melia would be pretty intresting to see but hard to do i guess since none of her attacks aside 2 are physicall. Would be a bit hard to fight with i think. Dunban could also make for a intresting fighter for smash series.

Sexy_Raine
Jun 25, 2012, 01:31 PM
If Namco does decide to put a Tekken character, it would most certainly be Heihachi or Jin. For Soul Calibur, probably Nightmare. Also pacman might appear. I don't care for their other series though but the thought of a cross-over is interesting. Nintendo hasn't introduced that many new IP characters this gen anyway so it's not like Nintendo is preventing anyone important from appearing.

I'm so glad Sakurai didn't pick Sega to work on Smash Bros or else this game would never make it outside JP. Sonic needs to dissapear from smash bros.

Blackheart521
Jun 25, 2012, 01:38 PM
Lloyd and Kratos from Symphonia... That is all ^^

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Jun 25, 2012, 01:53 PM
Lloyd and Kratos from Symphonia... That is all ^^

^my thoughts exactly, though I would not mind Simon Belmont either

Randomness
Jun 25, 2012, 02:03 PM
Doesn't sound to bad in my opinion. Melia would be pretty intresting to see but hard to do i guess since none of her attacks aside 2 are physicall. Would be a bit hard to fight with i think. Dunban could also make for a intresting fighter for smash series.

The real challenge with Shulk - how do you incorporate his future hax?

DayDreamer
Jun 25, 2012, 04:31 PM
It sounds like most of the people here would like
This (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194037)
Now thats a crossover..

Rashiid
Jun 25, 2012, 10:48 PM
So tired of Lloyd.

It sounds like most of the people here would like
This (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194037)
Now thats a crossover..

Lawl that we aren't gonna get sadly.

I really don't have much to say until more details are out.

DayDreamer
Jun 26, 2012, 08:00 AM
So tired of Lloyd.

Lawl that we aren't gonna get sadly.

I really don't have much to say until more details are out.

Shhhh we can pretend x3

Ce'Nedra
Jun 26, 2012, 08:09 AM
The real challenge with Shulk - how do you incorporate his future hax?

Hmm...Can make it his "Final Smash" somehow, like it makes your opponents attack you and Shulk dodges everything and then counters them with his Monado? ^^ like when you need to save Sharla's brother from that tentacle Mechion on top of that plateu on Bionis Leg how they all dodge and counter the tentacles

Shinji Kazuya
Jun 30, 2012, 07:17 AM
To be honest, that would make a great Final Smash for him. Dodge everything for 30 seconds thanks to Monado's visions.

Powder Keg
Jun 30, 2012, 09:13 PM
Omigooosssshhh! The potential of Tales characters and Mystic Arte-esque moves makes me HNNNGGGGG!!

Shinji Kazuya
Jul 1, 2012, 06:28 AM
Omigooosssshhh! The potential of Tales characters and Mystic Arte-esque moves makes me HNNNGGGGG!!

YES!!! This exactly! Oh god, I so wish for it!!! >_<

kazuuya
Jul 2, 2012, 08:38 AM
I second what Powder Keg and Shinji Kazuya said. I'd love to see someone from Tales! >w< Though I guess if we get a Tales Guest in the next Super Smash Bros it might be most probably Yuri Lowell due to his popularity. (I personally hope it's going to be someone else though. Hahah.)

Crysteon
Jul 2, 2012, 11:29 AM
So now wut? Tales of villains will make a pact with Ganondorf and Bowser to conquer the Great Tree or some other symbolic thing? I admit...I would like to see Barbatos going apeshit when someone grabs an item, lol.

inb4DhaosgoesdramatichuggingtheGiantTree

Rashiid
Jul 2, 2012, 12:53 PM
They'll probably go with Symphonia since it was actually on Nintendo system(s). Sure Innocence and Hearts was, but they never even made it to America, let alone Europe.

I'd much rather have Yuri Lowell in it though :D He's the fucking man.

Crysteon
Jul 2, 2012, 01:34 PM
Yuri = Fullscreen rape

Graces also made it to a Nintendo system (Wii), but that was in JP only.