PDA

View Full Version : Vista - Patching problem

RakkaKaze
Jun 23, 2012, 10:23 AM
Here is the flow of steps to the problem.

Install
Run Launcher/Patcher
Patcher updates to newer patcher
Manually open launcher/patcher
Splash screen then near instant 3 bar patcher, middle one fills from empty to full.
Patcher/Launcher closes

I cannot get the patcher to stay open to actually patch itself...
No errors pop up. 12.8 GB free. Process closes on its own. I am on an admin account but have still tried to use "run as admin"

I have the installation running on my desktop which is W7, but my Vista laptop can't even try to think of patching...

Update: I have now completed a direct transfer from my desktop to laptop over the files, and get the same result....

Update2: Since I have put a fully patched game over, I have attempted to bypass the launcher/patcher via the pso2.exe -pso2 command. This works but I still cannot access my launcher and had to copy the settings file over to the my documents folder as well.
ALSO, the game is doing odd things to a special screen data screen I have on my laptop and turning on the ENTIRE minilcd to the teal color... I may have to take an actual picture of this to show it.

Thus I have narrowed the problem down to the actual launcher/patcher, and not the game as I am running it at my desktop's settings just fine.

RakkaKaze
Jun 24, 2012, 02:05 PM
bump~