PDA

View Full Version : Dupes

HaLLa
Mar 23, 2003, 05:00 PM
I see you are all so worried bout Dupes. First off they dont ruin your game. If you do not absolutely want ne dupes just dont trade. Find items on your own. It will be more rewarding that way then trading them. If you cant find a weapon and want it A) make a character who can or B) just trade for it

whys it matter if its duped or not...I take it that they are all the same...you get the weapon either way. Its not like you found it you traded for it so you didnt spend the time so whys it matter whether duped or not. ok let the comments roll. lol

Wewt
Mar 23, 2003, 07:39 PM
This guy is hilarious.

Even his signature is hilarious.

Balthor
Mar 23, 2003, 08:12 PM
I think I'm about to pass a stone. ::sets up webcam::

TeamPhalanx
Mar 23, 2003, 09:05 PM
It's funny, I've been running into quite a few people like you recently...

Obviously, you've haven't been around too long, so, instead of just firing off at you, I'm going to suggest that you do some research.

Look into the history of PSO and other online games (and cheating). Try to connect the dots. It's really obvious, as long as you're not in denial of the facts. While you're at it, think about basic economy (why counterfeit money is a bad thing) and about the creators of the game. If you want to go the extra mile, go ask players who have been around since the early days.

Tell us what you think after you've done all that.

Blenjar
Mar 23, 2003, 09:22 PM
-Ok, I'm one of those players who have been in since version 1. Before I got corrupted, I didn't care if my items were duped or not. I only had a trade 2 to 3 times.
-Corruption was the day after I renewed my HL, it was sort of an offer from Sega's dumb workers that cant afford better servers. Dupes is cool, thats a good way to use against Sega, to work there butt off of findin' a way to stop corruption & dupes. Other online game don't have that kind of problem like pso. Gettin' corrupted and joints. Final thing, Sega is cheap, Bill needs to buy it all. Go Xbox!

--Question--
-Why do people compare a drug to dupin'...wtf is that, its just a game, god people get a little 2 serious on G.A.M.E.S. Its not a life to play games. Play it but don't think your that character in the game and go out & kill what you saw in game. Is just so dumb.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blenjar on 2003-03-23 18:27 ]</font>

HaLLa
Mar 23, 2003, 09:56 PM
I have been around since V.1 I know a lot about cheating. the DC was overun with it.

I am not saying they are good in any way I am just saying why complain about it when you cant do ne thing about it.

Also hows my sig funny.

Raist
Mar 23, 2003, 10:17 PM
On 2003-03-23 18:56, HaLLa wrote:
I am not saying they are good in any way I am just saying why complain about it when you cant do ne thing about it.

Did you honestly think that making this thread would stop people from complaining about duping? Assuming your answer is no, by your logic, you shouldn't have made this thread.

HaLLa
Mar 23, 2003, 11:44 PM
I know it wouldnt. I just wanted to say what I thought.

SadiXticHeath
Mar 24, 2003, 01:10 AM
i think that if your file gets corrupted, then you do deserve to use some weapons you think may be doupe with a free consious, but not actual douping... but actually, i use doups all the time, i mean where else are those guys at the shops gonna get all those mates and fluids?? yeah thats right, those ass faces behind those counters are douper...cheating bastards. lol

TeamPhalanx
Mar 24, 2003, 07:29 AM
If you are truly a PSO veteran, then the only conclusion I came arrive atis that you are blind/ignorant.

No one that actually knows all the facts would dare say "they dont ruins your game." Why? Because there is direct evidence that would expose that statement for the lie it is.

To respond to the other idiotic comments here....

Your local bank seems to have a steady stream of money. They're all counterfeits. How else would they have so much?

Yes! Using dupes proves you're a rebel!

Wewt
Mar 24, 2003, 09:06 AM
On 2003-03-24 04:29, TeamPhalanx wrote:
Yes! Using dupes proves you're a rebel!

Yup. And paying Sega the monthly fee to be on Sega's server to be rebel also means you're a moron.

Blue147
Mar 24, 2003, 10:10 AM
blind/ignorant.

Your fight over cheating in a VIDEO GAME.Need I say more?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blue147 on 2003-03-24 07:13 ]</font>

Raist
Mar 24, 2003, 11:11 AM
On 2003-03-24 07:10, Blue147 wrote:

blind/ignorant.

Your fight over cheating in a VIDEO GAME.Need I say more?

Your complaining about people complaining about a video game. Uh...what exactly does that make you?
Don't belittle something just because its less important to you.

TeamPhalanx
Mar 24, 2003, 12:06 PM
In the case of PSO, it goes beyond the scope of the game itself. That is to say, that cheating in the game itself has consequences outside of the virtual world. Of course, cheaters will never see this.

Hmm... Let's go to the old reliable dictionary.com shall we?

Pertaining to definitions related to this case...

Blind: Unable or unwilling to perceive or understand.

Ignorant: Showing or arising from a lack of education or knowledge.

So, by aruging about a cheating in a VIDEO GAME I'm somehow showing that I don't understand the game or I lack understading about the game? Or was that just meant in general? If it was, would you care to compare educational backgrounds?

HaLLa
Mar 24, 2003, 12:58 PM
wow a lot of response. lol

Like I said before I am not saying cheating is good in any way. I do not like cheating. Understand this. I myself DO NOT cheat. I have a legit level 76 character. All I am saying is why complain about something that you can not stop.

Like when people wanna trade and say no dupes. How do they know whether it is or not? Also whys it matter. Its not like they duped it. Either way they didnt work for the weapon they are receiving. Whys it matter to them how the other person got it? Thats what I dont get. They are like you have to have found your weps to trade with me. I just dont see how that matters since they didnt find the weapon in the first place.

Dupes get something without finding it correct? Isnt that also what trading is?

ok im done for now.

Raist
Mar 24, 2003, 01:30 PM
Sounds like your real beef is with people who demand "no dupes" in trades. There i can kinda sympathize, but for different reasons, if someone is trading for uber rares and has "no dupes" in their post they're really just kidding themselves.

TeamPhalanx
Mar 24, 2003, 03:57 PM
Those that ask for non-dupes (of uber-rares) aren't legit to start off with. I don't know what the hell they think they are. It's like that one guy, who said he was legit, and then says he'd trade for a GULD. Right...

In terms of complaints... Ever get a speeding ticket? How about a low grade when you think you should have gotten a higher one? People complain, it's just nature. I mean, why are you complaining about people that complain?

Blue147
Mar 24, 2003, 05:55 PM
Oh whatever try all you wish theirs nothing you can do about cheating thats what i'm trying to say

BonusKun
Mar 24, 2003, 07:53 PM
On 2003-03-24 14:55, Blue147 wrote:
Oh whatever try all you wish theirs nothing you can do about cheating thats what i'm trying to say

Agreed.

Zeebo
Mar 24, 2003, 08:02 PM
Not true... Reading posts about people being currupted from dupes and cheats made me change my mind......

HaLLa
Mar 24, 2003, 11:05 PM
what I say about cheating is it does not bother me UNLESS you are doing it to other people. Like old PKing and so on. Also I guess trading Dupes isnt right but you cant tell whether its duped or not half the time.

People who do not have patience can cheat but they will quickly grow tired of the game. Half the fun is finding rare items correct? That is why you put in those hours. So I say let them spoil part of the game. Some people just dont have the patience and as long as they dont bother ne 1 else they are ok

Wewt
Mar 24, 2003, 11:15 PM
HaLLa, could you define what a "valuable" item is, please?

HaLLa
Mar 24, 2003, 11:27 PM
any item that is hard to get or that helps you a lot.

Wewt
Mar 25, 2003, 07:25 AM
So do you understand that if an extremely rare item, such as the Double Cannon, gets duped to hell and back, the value of it goes down?

Blue147
Mar 25, 2003, 07:18 PM
Well you know if they like to play with dupes thats fine.If the are ruining your fun leave prob solveded.But go around and try to get people to convert to ligetism.Wahwho I made up a new word.

HaLLa
Mar 25, 2003, 11:37 PM
I agree I am just saying if they use them for themselves its ok but not if they trade them and distribute online.

Zeebo
Mar 25, 2003, 11:42 PM
I say all of it is wrong... I learned from my mistakes...