PDA

View Full Version : Weapons with status.

Boodendorf
Jun 24, 2012, 03:54 PM
I've been mainly using the wired lances, been having tons of fun with them and I went with the monster hunter mindset when using them: quick, multi hitting attacks => weapon that will be the most optimized for status. Now, problem is that I have no idea how status work. My wired lances have the poison status on them but when hitting monster it doesn't happen often except on bosses which happens at least once since I hit them much more than regular mobs obviously. So how do Status work? Is it a % of chance of poisoning/freezing etc or is it like in monster hunter where each of your attacks has a status value and uh... I dunno how to explain correctly but the more you hit the boss the more the value rises until it reaches a certain value where the boss finally is poisoned/frozen.
Also is poison the best status? It seems to do a huge amount of damages on bosses (on the giant lava lizard in caves it does 857 or 1114 per tic, which is awesome.), didn't try the others though so I'm just guessing.